Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stykes was unsurprised by Yuni's reaction. Though he knew she was merely concerned for him he quickly responded with a quick look, absent of any words. Though in most scenarios Stykes was rather carefree this gaze would shatter that perception. Being a very private person, not much had ever been said of the man's past, and it would stay that way. His emerald orbs were hollow, void of any want of clinging to life needlessly. The once stalwart protector had had his moral compass shaken, and sought a new position in life. His eyes narrowed as Yuni asked her question. His silence was answer enough.

Thieving Rogue

Saria, extremely confused, tried to translate the looks back and forth between Yuni and Stykes. She could tell that Stykes was shaken by something, but it could literally be anything. She frowned, now starting to get the feeling that something bad was going to happen.

"Um, does someone want to tell me whats going on?" She asked cautiously. There was tension in the room that could be cut with a knife; she knew she had to tread carefully.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yuni's eyes picked at Stykes carefully for every nook and cranny of detail she needed, ears tipping back some. No answer, just silence. Her nose stopped wiggling, and she quickly downed the rest of her soda. Bottle empty, it was placed on the counter and the Nekojin casually spun on her butt to get to the bartender's side. A tall glass of water was found, and filled with ice and water before being place on the counter for Stykes. Then the petite teen lightly skipped by, speaking just as lightly as she passed the taller man.

"I'll be right back, then~"

She paused mid-skip to blink at Saria, looking as if her seriousface earlier made the girl forget the elf woman was in the room. "Ya 'member Kai, yeah? He wants t'meet 'er."

Yuni turned down into the hallway towards the front door, and skipped right into one of her vortexes as it opened. Prodding the old bird out of her lab might take up until the next post...
Stykes gave Saria a warm nod, quickly recovering from a session of what seemed like soul searching between Yuni and he. With a smile and a short stride he grasped Saria in a warm embrace, whether she was ready for it or not.
"Saria, it's good to see you again"
His voice was dry, but genuine. After a few moments he released her and contemplated looking for a drink. He decided to avoid alcohol considering who he would be meeting if he got his way.

Thieving Rogue

Saria's brow furrowed, confused, as Stykes pulled her in for a hug. "It's good to see you too," she said warmly as he pulled away. She yawned suddenly, unable to hold back, which told her simply that she was very, very tired.

"Oh, my, well. It would seem I'm exhausted" She said with a laugh. "I think I'm going to tuck away to bed and hope you all don't destroy the place." She looked towards the door where Yuni had skipped out and then looked back at Stykes. "I have questions for both of you, for different reasons, but they can wait. Let Yuni know I'd like to speak with her tomorrow please."

She turned and began to make her way out of the room as well. She then stopped and looked back at Stykes. "Oh, and I brought Mohan home. He's in the lab. Just as an FYI." She smiled and then turned again, making her way up the stairs and into her bedroom.

((night ya'll!))

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Actually, scratch that last bit... It might take longer for Yuni to convince Kai to come down. Like, however long this Writer would need to get a good amount of sleep in.

Yeah... Not a cheap exit post or anything... But the Writer will return all alive, awake, alert, enthusiastic, and sparkly in about... eight hours. Sounds about right...

(( Lulz... Sorry guys, XD Nighty night! ))
(( np, night guys =P, headache, dont feel like posting exit, etc etc))

Thieving Rogue

Saria woke up the next morning on her floor, which was unusual. She was wrapped up in a bush of large thorns, which quickly retreated once she gained consciousness. She sat up, grimacing as her muscles ached from the awkward position she was lying in. Checking over herself, she found cuts and bruises in various places on her. She slowly brought herself to her feet, looking over her body to make sure no serious damage was found.

"Ugh," she pushed a hand through her matted blue hair and looked around her room. It looked like a deadly jungle, filled with blacks and dark greens and thorns and poison. She waved her hand and the room began to change back to her usual setting; a forest, but not quite so dark. Flowers began to bloom on the walls and light greens took over the dark ones.

Obviously she had had another nightmare, but this one appeared to have affected her a bit more than usual.

She yawned, making her way into the bathroom where she showered, brushed her hair, and cleaned herself up. As she dressed herself she remembered the business with Stykes and Yuni from the day before. "I wonder if Yuni got hold of Kai" she said to herself as she pulled her hair back into her side french braid.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Speaking of which, it seems they've returned.

Outside just off the front porch, the air crystallized as a thin panel of glass manifested. The transparent plane warped and disfigured the image of beyond if one were to look through it, colors changing until it was a completely different setting altogether. The image portrayed two female figures walking towards the viewer, and the glass panel rippled when they stepped through. First was the too skinny angel of deconstruction, her burgundy trench coat's tail billowing out at her calves. No sound was made despite how heavy those boots looked, no comment made when deep sapphire eyes took in the facade of the Heartless. The little shadow creatures too a curious peek from their dwelling before moving away to hide. Kai turned to look back at her looking glass portal, watching the warped picture of Yuni quirk an eyebrow and gesture at the woman's hips and thighs.

Of course. Kai-Lynn Yoji's eyes rolled some as she secured the safety straps on her gun holsters.

Then Yuni proceeded to pass through the portal, thumbs hooked into her pockets as she continued up the steps to go through the front door. "We 'ave a deal, Teme. Be nice."

"'Tis only business, twit. I have no need to use violence." Kai rasped in reply, her icy vicinity following her as she entered after the Neko. The looking glass behind them shattered and melted back into the nothing it came from.
Stykes had resided to napping on the nearby bar furniture, seeing as how his room had quite literally been turned upside down. The thought made him chuckle a bit as he opened his eyes and took in a solid realization of where he was once again. His clothes still dusty and beaten he wore his amber lens glasses backwards, the hooks secured above his ears. His facial tan could be compared to a raccoon. He expected it would take some time before Yuni would return, and he hoped that his request would not bear any stress on the twos friendship. The man had learned well though that in order to pursue his goals he would without a doubt shatter bonds he had built up. Without even a yawn or a stretch from his napping he perked up as he heard voices outside he took a standing position in ready to greet those that had arrived.

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Yuni whistled lightly to herself as she checked the ballroom on the way to the bar room, just out of habit. That piano was starting to look a little dusty. Kai was simply quiet, as if she wasnt there. Though she'd be hard to miss in general with how her body just sucks the heat out of the air. Like a ghost. Yuni's slate hair poked into the bar room, feline ears twitching as she looked about with curious eyes. She found Stykes standing, and grinned at him.

"I offered to make an asplodin' entrance so ya'd know we were 'ere, but she said no." Yuni said in greeting and fully entered the bar room to get to the bar counter itself. A root beer bottle was pulled out, and a glass of cherry sake was poured.

Kai followed after a moment, tipping her head in a bow of greeting to Stykes on her way to the counter. "Good evening, sir. Shall we discuss our business over a drink?"

No beating around the bush with this one...

Hilarious Fatcat

9,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
(( If I poof suddenly, I just went to karate class xD I should be back in a couple hours ))
As the two made their way inside, Stykes was filled with inquiry. This was a drainer?, the thought lingered in his mind as he kept himself cautious and wary to keep himself respectful in the presence of such a being. Despite this mix of emotion he couldn't help but smile at Yuni's comment and actions. No matter what that nekojin would always be a light in the darkness for him it seemed. He responded to Yuni first.
"A shame, an explosion would have done a wonderful job of notifying everyone to your presence"
He formed a mocking smile as he spoke. little did Yuni know half of his joking mood was brought on by the fact this odd little neko just happened to be his direct connection to a being of such power. He contemplated the 'angels' offer of a discussion and a drink. He remained mindful of the watchers power and choose to accept, cordially he bowed his head slightly in acceptance before raising it again and motioning towards a nearby booth. Normally he would have taken up the bar tending, but he would assume Yuni would take over in this instance.
((karate!!))

Thieving Rogue

Saria exhaled loudly as she looked at herself in the mirror. She zeroed in on some wrinkles around her eyes, frowning. She poked at them delicately as if they were fresh wounds. Wrinkles weren't something that elves usually had to deal with.

She splashed her face with some cold water, which helped, before exiting her room and making sure the door was secure so no one could break in. As she made her way down the hall she heard Kai and Yuni return and some chatter in the bar.

"Well I wonder what today will hold." She said half amused.
Mohan stood at the door to the lab, facing inside, smile beaming. He had completely updated the lab to state-of-the-art technology. The equipment was replaced, shiny, and advanced. He used bits and pieces of information from his studies of different creatures, cultures, and even planets to create a lab/hospital/healing room where nearly anything could happen.

How exciting!!

He continued to grin as he delicately shut off the lights, as if tucking his baby into bed. He exited the room and saw Saria standing in the hallway.

"All finished!" He announced proudly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces