Welcome to Gaia! ::

Malevolent Star

10,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
Mistress of Blooming Lotus
User Image ~Kimono~ Sky Blue with Pink Flowers and Obi User Image ~Location~ Inn - Hall outside Room 4 User Image ~Song~ Rokudan

The startled woman had one of Mistress' eyebrows raised as she glanced at Spike whom was carrying her case from her then turned back to the well dressed guest. The curtsy was very graceful and so the jorogumo hostess gave her a traditional bow as she always did when showing respect to a guest. Listening to the young lady's explanation of room and board, the smile she held at first seemed forced, but Mistress didn't think too much of it when her eyes made their way to Spike and the smile turned sweet. Knowing Spike, Mistress knew he would not merely drop her luggage and have her carry it after offering his help so she smile kindly to him and offered, "Why don't you take her case to Room 4? That should be a comfortable room for Miss-" Turning her attention back to the young lady she inquired, "What is your name dear? So that I may put it in my record book."

Once a name was given, Mistress thanked Spike for his gracious help and offered to walk her to her room, "I must give a warning to you should you choose to stay for a long period of time. There is a demon of sorts, he goes by the name of Mr. Scratch and he is a most viscious foe of mine. He plans to start a war here at Blooming Lotus and he plans to take everyone that reside down by means of black magic and excessive bloodshed. I do not wish to frighten you, but it must be said. The danger here is growing with each passing day and the destruction of the back porch just outside the back door of your room as well as all on the first floor is evidence of his visit today. There are powerful beings here that have pledged to help me protect this place that stands outside of time and space, but I cannot promise that you will not be hurt by either Scratch himself or one of his minions, " her voice grave to make sure the beautiful lady know what she was getting herself into should she choose to stay here. Mistress had lost count of how many times she had said this warning, but to her surprise most that did hear it stayed anyway and it was most curious, especially when many of those staying at Blooming Lotus didn't have any idea why it was happening other than the fact that Scratch was out for Mistress' blood. "The demon is looking to kill and he wishes to kill me, he also wishes to take my younger sister to the Underworld with him.. I swore to everything I believe in that I will not let that happen, but should I fail, this place will fall into darkness."
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Interstellar Traveler

User Image Spike Spiegel

● Status: Tired.
● Current Location:Inn- Main Hallway
● Current Objective:Porch Repair
● Theme: The Real Folk Blues

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Looking very much unconvinced at the woman's reply, Spike paused as Mistress continued to speak with her, absent-mindedly looking down at the suitcase and gauging it's weight in his hand. What on Earth did she have in there; rocks? Looking up when he heard he was being addressed, Spike simply moved the case even more out of the woman's reach, vague smile still present with a slight shake of his head.

"Yeah, like that's going to happen. After seeing you struggle so much just to get it this far, I'm pretty sure I'd best carry this."
User Image
Finding Mistress glanced toward him at this, a raised eyebrow and knowing expression made it clear she knew well enough not to request he do otherwise, instead she politely requested he do as he originally intended, to which he gave a short nod.

"Sure, no problem."

Once thanked gracefully by the hostess, Spike started toward Room 4, carrying the suitcase at his side with ease a short distance ahead of Mistress and the new arrival as they walked on out of the Sitting Room and into the main hallway. Passively listening to the conversation behind him, Spike glanced back once Mistress finished with a comment regarding the certainty of an unpleasant end should their next encounter with Scratch end in failure. Any mention of Ryuu in particular was always going to provoke a response, especially when it came to any negativity at her being in the equation, it was always bound to strike a nerve.

"...You won't fail and Ryuu isn't going anywhere."

Being somewhat abrupt but resolved on the matter, Spike redirected his gaze to the hallway ahead as they all walked on.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
((Holy crap! I feel so lost in here at the moment! I think I might wait until the new day starts to post again. It'll give me a chance to get things sorted on my end.))[
§ERAPHINA
User Image

As the show continued, Seraphina was captivated by the illusions involving the magic show. Getting distracted once again by the room around her, Seraphina’s gaze rested upon a blonde woman who had taken one of the doves from the show and transformed it into a baby sparrow. Seraphina smiled secretly to herself, trying to recall the creature the Throne created. She always loved to watch the Throne create all different kinds of animals, but her favorite creature had always been birds. They always seemed so free and happy; soaring through the sky, being free to love how they want. Seraphina was brought back from her recollection by the sound of small fireworks going off.

How lovely, she thought. Seraphina had seen fireworks once, but that was long ago and in a different lifetime. How she longed for that life back. She resumed watching the show, barely even noticing Autumn leaving her seat.

Seraphina was brought back to another memory. She was sitting on the top of a palace roof, somewhere in china. Next to her was a handsome angel, his soul shone the brightest out of all she had seen, and it fascinated Seraphina. He unquestionably was the morning star. Their love had been real, at least to her.

Seraphina was brought back from her thoughts by the unkind memories that lingered there. She didn’t want to remember, any remembrance of their love just brought pain back into her heart and tears into her eyes. She had been betrayed, but none of that mattered now. Seraphina brought her attention back to the stage, she noticed that the magician’s assistant was being covered by some sort of blanket and in an instant he vanished. She was intrigued by the illusions and tricks of the show but she couldn’t keep her mind from wandering.

((thanks Zelic, for pointing that out... all changed and what not XD))
Melvin the Magnificent

User Image

Seeing the crowd enjoy his show, Melvin decided to move on. He physically carried Nolan, both of them obscured by illusions, appearing to still be on stage, over to one of the tables and stood Nolan on top of it. Melvin made sure it was a table in the middle of the crowd with people sitting around it, and hurried back to where his illusion was up on stage. With a wave of his hand, Nolan reappeared and the illusion blocking his senses was lifted. The lighting shifted slightly as it seemed a spotlight lit the sudden appearance of Nolan, marked by a purple plume of smoke.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I must say that despite me having a very big back of tricks and acts, I must bring the show to an end so I can entertain you all further in the future. So I will end the show with my final act. I will cut my assistant here in half! Melvin added emphasis, as a saw appeared in his hand and he beckoned his assistant back up to the stage. Melvin began preparing his final trick. To the audience it appeared that Nolan was levitating, floating as if he was lying horizontal to the ground, to Nolan, he perceived himself as if he was floating, in reality Nolan was standing next to Melvin as he acted out sawing the illusion in half.

Just as Melvin touched the blade of the saw to the illusion of the necromancer, the illusionist let out a horrifying scream of pain and suffering, the kind of which is only matched by the kind of scream by a person suffering the pain of a excruciating death. Melvin gripped his head with both of his hands, his knuckles growing white from the pressure he was placing on his temple. Suddenly, Melvin lost control of all of his illusions, the necromancer now visible in his normal clothing standing next to Melvin as the illusionist dropped to his knees, now unable to see because of the blinding pain. As he did so, the illusionist finally gave into the pain as he passed out.

Inside Melvin's subconsious. Melvin awoke, laying on the ground, laying in a pool of blood. Feeling a great amount of pain as he looked at himself as best he could. The illusionist confused about his inability to move, his lower half seeming to not have any feeling. Melvin's blurry vision finally gaining a small amount of focus, saw a figure facing away from him. As his vision began to focus more he could begin to make out features of the figure. The most noticeable feature was that the figure had a red head, almost resembling the shape of a skull. He noticed as it seemed like smoke rose from the head, almost as if something was burning. All he could feel was pain, and suddenly knew that the pool of blood was his own. He knew that he was about to die. All he could think of was desperation, as his thoughts began to wonder to a book that he had been shown earlier in the day by one of his fans that was trying to help his magic show along...

((When your memory begins to heal, it is an extremely painful experience razz ))

Omnipresent Noob

User Image

User Image

Listening to:

xxxx☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠

Now I lay you down to sleep. For your soul is mine to keep...

▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇

For a while there was nothing and then all the sudden he felt he was back with the world and could hear the crowd. Must be doing something right.
                                            As Nolan became visible again, it was announced that he would be sawed in half. This made him giddy and he bounced up and down on his heels and almost lost balance as he was used to having his cane any time he was standing up. " woo-hoo!I hope its painful...hehehe" Once again he tugged at the outfit. How could women wear these things. He loosened up " heh...splittin the boys in half there" he grinned as he was waiting expecting to be levatated and cut in half. The levitation feeling did come to him but where was the cold steel of the blade. The smell of fresh blood flowing through a newly open wound. Well this was just illusions but what did the blind man know of that.
                                            " Hey get on with it! I wanna know if my legs are gonna run off!" he huffed
                                            A scream pierced his sensative ears and he sighed, wondering of Melvin had accidentally sawed himself in two instead. " uhh need a band-aid?"
                                            He heard a body crash to the floor and felt himself suddenly back on his feet and fully clothed. Almost losing his balance again, he caught himself with his cane and tapped around until he felt Melvin's body and nudged it in the side some. " Dude you ok?...s**t...What the hell happened?"
                                            He knelt down digging through his satchel until he found a stick like herb that smelled strongly of salt mixed with the herbs own stinky scent. " This can get a coma patient goin again....usually.." He felt around on Melvin's face until he felt his nose and then waved the stick over his face. " Wakey wakey...." He frowned and smacked Melvins cheek hard. " Wake up!" He broke the stick in half and it released stronger smells as well as a red gas. " I will shove these in your nose if I have too!" He poked one half of the stick several times at his nose until it met a nostril. " Don't make me get the dream dust out. You don't want me in your head..." As if threats would wake up an unconscious person.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amano sighed in relief as Nolan was put back in regular clothes. " Just in time too...your junk was about to fall out" The black cat said as it jumped off the table and over to Nolan and Melvin. " He just passed out...Squeamish maybe?" He waved a paw around infront of his nose. " ugh those things again? Haven't you heard of smelling salts?"

User Image

( photoshop skills arent very good but I had to draw it! )
                                            ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇

When you die, you will wake. Now your bidding is mine to make...
User ImageFloria heard the illusionist scream in pain as she felt the tendril of his magic disappear. The illusions disappeared from throughout the room, fading out like dying candles as their creator haunched over in pain. Seeing the man who was filled with such joviality moments before collapse in front of her cause Floria to jump up with a start enough to knock over her chair. Gathering her wits Floria quickly ran up to the stage, hoping there could be something she could do for the now unconcious illusion. The small bird quickly doing a combination of hoping and fluttering behind her finally comes to rest on her shoulder as Floria hoists herself up onto the stage with the illusion and his assistant.

"Thank god his spell cut off...that makes this easier and i don't have to worry about backlash. Now lets make sure he is still holding up." Floria thinks to herself. Going through the procedure of how magical structuring she needs to do in her head, Floria lets her magic come out. The tattoo's on her face grow and start creating the ellaborate network of lines across her body, all glowing a bright blue light as even the whites of her eyes fade away to the glow. Inserting her hand into Melvin's chest for the second time that evening, the lines of magic begin to trace themselves over his body as well tracing a pattern as intricate as Floria's. Connected to his own magic, Floria inspected every inch of the spell to make sure it, and Melvin himself, wasn't unraveling.

After several minutes Floria let the magic fade away and withdrew her hand. Timidly she wrote what she found in the air for anyone else who had gathered on the stage.
"Physically, he is stable. Whatever it is happened mentally and that is something i won't intrude on. If anyone can pick him up they should take him to his room....if not....i could...i suppose.....if absolutely necessary" Floria's demeanor becoming increasingly timid at the end suggestion of having possibly carry the unconcious man back and the magic required to do so.

OOC: to make it a little easier im going to have floria's thoughts in blue and whatever she writes in yellow.

Interstellar Traveler

User Image Spike Spiegel

● Status: Tired.
● Current Location:Inn- Main Hallway
● Current Objective:Porch Repair
● Theme: The Real Folk Blues

════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

Unaffected by Autumn’s clear irritation at his persistence, Spike continued walking along through the hallway calmly, swinging the suitcase beside him as he walked with an apparent air of nonchalance, almost enjoying the act of being difficult; he already sensed there was a lot more to Autumn’s hesitance than met the eye, that alone was worth being an intentional bother just to provoke a reaction in order to ascertain as to why.
User Image
Narrowing his eyes slightly as he listened to the discussion going on behind him, Spike came to a halt at the door of Room 4, lowering the case to the floor beside the doorway with a soft thud before glancing back toward the two approaching women. It was intriguing that Autumn was seemingly unaffected by the potential risk in an extended stay, particularly since she seemed more human than most of those that opted to reside at the inn, rather like himself, even if he had his reasons. Pausing for an instant, Spike then looked back down the hallway when he heard a piercing scream coming from the Sitting Room, followed by a series of surprised yelps and a considerable disturbance, quite in contrast to the earlier joviality. This was more than enough to put him immediately on edge as he reached for the inside of his jacket, only to recall he had left it in his room earlier that day. S**t. Cursing under his breath for forgetting this, Spike inwardly blamed the scotch he consumed earlier as he reached toward the back of his pants and retrieved his Jericho 941, pointing the pistol directly back down the hallway, already taking several slow paces back toward the room in question, attentive and with an unusually serious expression as he looked straight past Mistress and Autumn.

”That doesn't sound good.”

Immediately glancing toward Mistress, Spike paused long enough to make eye contact with the hostess, his intention unsaid but clear enough before briskly he proceeded back through the hallway toward the Sitting Room.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
§ERAPHINA
User Image

Seraphina’s memories were interrupted by the most horrifying scream she had ever heard. The noise startled, frightened her even. She jumped from her chair and unfurled her wings slightly, so that they would be ready at a moment’s notice for either a quick getaway or a thrilling battle. Battle ready, she looked around the room to see what had actually happened. Her eyes came to focus on the spot where the show was taking place. Upon further inspection she noticed the magician lying on the ground. He appeared to be unconscious. The blonde haired woman, whom Seraphina had seen earlier, ran up to the stage to check on him.

Seraphina watched intently as the woman stuck her hand into the man. At the same time she started to emit a glow from the tattoos on her body. Some sort of magic, Seraphina thought. She watched closely, trying to find any sort of emotions on the woman’s face. Her gaze was brought back to the woman’s hand. It was then that Seraphina noticed something strange. Even thought the light emitting from the woman was bright, there was a glow from inside the man that seemed to be glowing even brighter. Seraphina instantly recognized it as his soul. She looked around the room, inspecting each and every other being in the room. No one else had a soul that burned as bright as the magician’s. Something was indeed different in the way this soul was attached to this being. Full of curiosity, Seraphina tucked her wings behind her once again and began to walk toward the stage, just as the blonde haired woman began to write something in the air.

Watching the magician’s soul intently, Seraphina came to the woman’s side. Looking at what she wrote to the entire audience Seraphina responded, “I’ll carry him back to his room, just show me where I am supposed to be going.”
((Nolan you are awesome, as a note to everyone: any physical touch from anyone that either doesn't know Melvin is an illusion or knows Melvin is an illusion and believes that he is real, will phase right through him. Melvin's soul is in unstable condition, making the illusion completely physical state, with the exception of people that have the knowledge of him being a soul and still think he is real. New post coming soon))

Omnipresent Noob

( lol, thank you!)
User ImageFloria closed her eyes for a moment and rubbed the bridge of her nose. The frustration at what she was about to have to explain evident on her face, the magic glow still lingering across her body. Floria thought for a second and then let her finger light up as she wrote in the air.

"He is soul wrapped in magic....a walking, talking, thinking spell. Last time i checked, being 10 seconds ago when i pulled my hand out of his chest, he is about as solid as air. I've seen him touch people but i don't know what the restrictions on his spell is. I can get around it but it would be ...awkward. For the second part, i don't know which room is his."

By the time Floria finished writing out her long winded message the little sparrow had jumped off her shoulder and was curiously examining the unconcious image, pondering why it felt nothing when its beak went through his hand.

((OOC: thank you for that clarification)))
((To clarify:
3 types of people
1 - people who don't know he is an illusion
2 - knows he is an illusion, but believes he is fake
3 - knows he is an illusion but thinks he is real
Only those in category 3 can touch him))

Wealthy Fatcat

3,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
((I would think those in category 1 would be able to touch him. Unless it's the spell parameters an illusion is designed to delude the mind into making it believe that it is real. Therefore, if someone did not know he was a spell they would believe he was real and would therefore be able to touch him. =^-.-^= notes from Martin's book.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff