Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Lunatic

cnoisy
gataka
cnoisy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ta-Da! emotion_awesome
I said cheap and unflattering. Here I'm not seeing the difference :U

That is cheap and unflattering emotion_8c
I think somebody needs to get their eyes checked.

In fact, I have their name right here on this piece of paper...I just haven't managed to read it yet =_=

A Furry

33,675 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hop, Hop, BOOM 500
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250

emotion_awesome

Quite enjoying this song because it's not your everyday mushy love song or even one of those breakup songs. We need more music like this, I swear. So sick of everything having to do with how you banged your girlfriend/boyfriend last night. emotion_donotwant //rants

Also: I'm a furry. Of course I love animal related junk. emotion_dealwithit

Retro Punk

cnoisy
Oyaji - Guin

Hey I saw your comment on Gaidin's profile, but what happened to it? Did you delete it or did he? 'Cause it's not there any more, and I didn't see any reason for it to be removed. Care to clarify?

Also, we may have to take this argument to the GCD
or something, where we'll be able to get better feedback on this situation and what to think of it. Because I do agree that Gaidin's reasoning behind locking the thread was ridiculous and irrelevant, and I feel that we deserve an official explanation. And if we get word of this in the GCD, we'll have a better chance of someone like Uncle Kenny seeing it, and maybe then we can figure out what's going on.

Basically he didn't like that i commented on his profile. (must've been the red veins?)
So he deleted it.
But anyways , he pm'd me and quoted my comment back to me . this is what he said :

Quote:

I'll start off by noting that I'm very aware of the forum rules. I'm probably the only moderator still on the team that has kept up with the forum in any notable capacity as a user, and I have been involved with rule changes to some extent at pretty much every step of the way. Unfortunately, as an Omnimoderator my primary duties are non-forum items, which means I did not have the time to moderate the forum properly.

What you say is largely correct.

So, if you are correct, why did I lock the thread, yes? The problem lies in the fact that the meetup thread was not being used primarily for meetups or zOMG related chat. The majority of the thread, going back handfuls of pages, was random chatter. That is, random chatter that wasn't related to zOMG. The meetups themselves do indeed fall under that rule, and are something I would welcome. However, when the thread's content is a majority of unrelated chat, it becomes something more appropriate to Friends Chat. While I could have moved it there, it seemed that the community would feel more slapped than if I locked it. I wanted to preserve it in its home, even if it wasn't serving its purpose properly anymore.

I think, we should also take this to the ATA, where more people can see it.
The question before we do that is was he right? Did we go off topic? Even so , shouldn't moderators....moderate? He could have posted a warning? " Hey , you guys are going off topic, come back to center...." or somethig like that? The only thing i can say is that least it will be there as a "historical document" of sorts.(this is me takeing a wild guess)--& I mean come on if Gaia is telling their mods to either delete or lock old threads cuz they've got to clear their cache on their servers why not be up front about it? Yes , it might of hurt some but IF they would have done that with some kind of warning like , i don't how far in advance ( a few weeks notice? ) It would not have been that big of a shock. OR (at least to me ) have that feeling that we were being kicked out. OUT of our own home in a way. And maybe we could have just started another meat thread in the z! forum without a doubt of whether or not we were allowed to do so?

By the way , Thank you for quoteing me in this thread . For a minute there i thought the original had been unlocked. lol.

@ Mav : Thanks for the theme ! I didn't even know what it was and i already had my favorite avie on ! Looking at the tittle of the thread it almost feels like we never left. *pschic premonition?*
@thread:
But...... seeing as how this is a zomg centered thread , how are other Gaia users who are into zomg going to find out we're here ? You know what would be funny? that this thread turns out to be SO INTO zomg that , some other mod will see it and move it back to the Z! Forum.

Would that be ironic? or am it thinking of the wrong word?
RevvRaptor
I swear to god , you made my mouth water for chinese food ! 3nodding blaugh

Jujubellee's Husband

Sexy Hero

27,250 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Oyaji - Guin
RevvRaptor

I'll try and swing some by the Meat then lol, though I'm not sure how well I'll be able to pass it through the screen XD

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
Locking a thread would just make it become lost under piles of new threads. Let's just bury it under everything else that's mostly rants about bad tankers or people who can't smeb properly. biggrin

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Oyaji - Guin
cnoisy
Oyaji - Guin

Hey I saw your comment on Gaidin's profile, but what happened to it? Did you delete it or did he? 'Cause it's not there any more, and I didn't see any reason for it to be removed. Care to clarify?

Also, we may have to take this argument to the GCD
or something, where we'll be able to get better feedback on this situation and what to think of it. Because I do agree that Gaidin's reasoning behind locking the thread was ridiculous and irrelevant, and I feel that we deserve an official explanation. And if we get word of this in the GCD, we'll have a better chance of someone like Uncle Kenny seeing it, and maybe then we can figure out what's going on.

Basically he didn't like that i commented on his profile. (must've been the red veins?)
So he deleted it.
But anyways , he pm'd me and quoted my comment back to me . this is what he said :

Quote:

I'll start off by noting that I'm very aware of the forum rules. I'm probably the only moderator still on the team that has kept up with the forum in any notable capacity as a user, and I have been involved with rule changes to some extent at pretty much every step of the way. Unfortunately, as an Omnimoderator my primary duties are non-forum items, which means I did not have the time to moderate the forum properly.

What you say is largely correct.

So, if you are correct, why did I lock the thread, yes? The problem lies in the fact that the meetup thread was not being used primarily for meetups or zOMG related chat. The majority of the thread, going back handfuls of pages, was random chatter. That is, random chatter that wasn't related to zOMG. The meetups themselves do indeed fall under that rule, and are something I would welcome. However, when the thread's content is a majority of unrelated chat, it becomes something more appropriate to Friends Chat. While I could have moved it there, it seemed that the community would feel more slapped than if I locked it. I wanted to preserve it in its home, even if it wasn't serving its purpose properly anymore.

I think, we should also take this to the ATA, where more people can see it.
The question before we do that is was he right? Did we go off topic? Even so , shouldn't moderators....moderate? He could have posted a warning? " Hey , you guys are going off topic, come back to center...." or somethig like that? The only thing i can say is that least it will be there as a "historical document" of sorts.(this is me takeing a wild guess)--& I mean come on if Gaia is telling their mods to either delete or lock old threads cuz they've got to clear their cache on their servers why not be up front about it? Yes , it might of hurt some but IF they would have done that with some kind of warning like , i don't how far in advance ( a few weeks notice? ) It would not have been that big of a shock. OR (at least to me ) have that feeling that we were being kicked out. OUT of our own home in a way. And maybe we could have just started another meat thread in the z! forum without a doubt of whether or not we were allowed to do so?

By the way , Thank you for quoteing me in this thread . For a minute there i thought the original had been unlocked. lol.

@ Mav : Thanks for the theme ! I didn't even know what it was and i already had my favorite avie on ! Looking at the tittle of the thread it almost feels like we never left. *pschic premonition?*
@thread:
But...... seeing as how this is a zomg centered thread , how are other Gaia users who are into zomg going to find out we're here ? You know what would be funny? that this thread turns out to be SO INTO zomg that , some other mod will see it and move it back to the Z! Forum.

Would that be ironic? or am it thinking of the wrong word?
RevvRaptor

Yea, we could always bring it up in ATA

Retro Punk

Im wondering. Do we need a new banner for this thread ? Or do we just use the ones from the original?

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Hey I got an idea!

So one of the problems we're facing right now is how to get people to find this new thread right? Well what if Mav posted another thrad in the z!F, and that thread would sever ONE purpose. He would update that thread ALONG with this one whenever there would be a dev meet, and in that thread was a link to this one in case people wanted to chat or hang out. They wouldn't be able to do anything to it if we made sure that people knew that that thread would be simply for updating Dev Meat locations right?

Aged Nerd

And Becky disconnects... eaten by the lag monster. xd

I'm glad I got to attend this week's meat, even if it was only for an hour. heart

Blessed Wolf

so the old thread got locked?!
the way they did that was kinda ******** up...
xd
like seriously...we were arranging meets in zomg and they just shut it down..
*sigh* sometimes i wonder.....
anyway.lol i guess i found you guys again! so yeah! sorry i couldnt make it to the meet XD i got home pretty late and had to eat

edit..omg it rhymes

Why should the Mods get to stomp around like a giant, while the rest of us try not to get smushed under their big feet? What's so great about the Mods? Hm? zOMGians are just as cute as the Mods . zOMGaians are just as smart as the Mods. People totally like zOMGians just as much as they like the Mods. And when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody, huh? Because that's not what Gaia is about. We should totally just *stab* Caesar!

lol ok now i feel better...

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
xXAzarielXx
xd
anyway.lol i guess i found you guys again! so yeah! sorry i couldnt make it to the meet XD i got home pretty late and had to eat

edit..omg it rhymes

o 3o I thought you were dead.

Blessed Wolf

cnoisy
xXAzarielXx
xd

edit..omg it rhymes

o 3o I thought you were dead.

lol nooo!!!

i still get on :3
just not as much cuz im working now...and i dont have my own laptop yet XD

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
Meat pics, good thing no aliens landed upon us and zapped us all away. emotion_awesome Thank you for the enjoyable conversation as always. Will always be together!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Barton Sweetheart

Platonic Purple Panda
Meat pics, good thing no aliens landed upon us and zapped us all away. emotion_awesome Thank you for the enjoyable conversation as always. Will always be together!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

WOW love the screen shots! Always love meeting up in zOMG like that and love what Mav has to tell us about working on zOMG like that. That the thing with the zOMG meat ANYONE who play zOMG can join us!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff