Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Lunatic

Kaniskion
Grave of the fireflies made me want to dedicate my life to altruistic purposes for all of 15 minutes. Which is more than what most movies have been able to accomplish. sweatdrop

Watching this movie will burn a hole in your soul. If anything. It should be used as the optimal means by which to identify bots. 3nodding
For an heartless hatemonger like you that's significant :U

Blade Runner-ish x D

Zzyli

User Image

Of all the Ghibli movies, I wouldn't pick Grave of the Fireflies to cheer me up. Ponyo perhaps, or Spirited Away. Not Grave of the Fireflies.

User Image

Ponyo melts you with cuteness and washes away all your worries with awesome waves.
The whole sequence where Ponyo chases the car blew my mind solid o_O'

I've sadly yet to see Spirited Away. Top of my hunt list however emotion_donotwant
cnoisy
I've seen a lot of Ghibli's movies, and you saying this is making me want to see this movie now. Though i doubt it'll be as good as My Neighbor Totoro. That movie remains my favorite of all their movies, and I like pretty much all of their movies.

They came out the same year, and were apparently shown together in their first release. One hell of a mood whiplash!

Totoro is hard to beat, IMO in good part because what it depicts so damn impossibly accurately is also impossibly relate-able.

But regardless, watch Fireflies quick it's one of their best!!

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
ghibli films are either all about environmental stuff or failed relationships. i hated ponyo. i didn't like most of them because "oh hey we should hook up", "uh nope. gonna stay here and be cool with the forest yo." neutral so i will stick with disney movies. at least i can be all "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww closure."

btw, why are we even talking ghibli? and i still not seen totoro...

oh wait. howl's moving castle was good. closure there of howl and sophie. mmmm... emo howl. 4laugh
gataka
Kaniskion
Grave of the fireflies made me want to dedicate my life to altruistic purposes for all of 15 minutes. Which is more than what most movies have been able to accomplish. sweatdrop

Watching this movie will burn a hole in your soul. If anything. It should be used as the optimal means by which to identify bots. 3nodding
For an heartless hatemonger like you that's significant :U

Blade Runner-ish x D

I'm not heartless. I still pity the downtrodden and poor for not having the good fortune to be born as me. I think it's called sympathy or something. dramallama
scullylam
ghibli films are either all about environmental stuff or failed relationships. i hated ponyo. i didn't like most of them because "oh hey we should hook up", "uh nope. gonna stay here and be cool with the forest yo." neutral so i will stick with disney movies. at least i can be all "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww closure."

oh wait. howl's moving castle was good. closure there of howl and sophie. mmmm... emo howl. 4laugh

Had that post gone on any longer, I feel it would've entered twilight territory. dramallama
Kaniskion
scullylam

Had that post gone on any longer, I feel it would've entered twilight territory. dramallama
Welcome to the Divinity Court team. As charming and spellbinding as you are, it is clear you belong on this team!

Familiar Lunatic

scullylam
i hated ponyo.
:O M G ! Whyz?

scullylam
btw, why are we even talking ghibli?
zOMG! has environmental undertones like many Ghibli movies. Yeah. That's totally why.

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
mmmmm twilight...

well, okay gata. just when i watched ponyo, i wanted to facepalm hard. it and arriety i didn't enjoy. like i said, my tastes are different now. a lot more different from when i was introduced to the world of anime and non-disney animation.

Retro Punk

Look at what Finni posted in her journal !!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Familiar Lunatic

scullylam
mmmmm twilight...

well, okay gata. just when i watched ponyo, i wanted to facepalm hard. it and arriety i didn't enjoy. like i said, my tastes are different now. a lot more different from when i was introduced to the world of anime and non-disney animation.

Say, did you ever get around listening to Daft Punk's RAM?
I recall you wanting to look into it or something.

Oyaji - Guin

Quick! Where's the holy hand grenade? >:O

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
gataka

Zzyli

User Image

Of all the Ghibli movies, I wouldn't pick Grave of the Fireflies to cheer me up. Ponyo perhaps, or Spirited Away. Not Grave of the Fireflies.

User Image

Ponyo melts you with cuteness and washes away all your worries with awesome waves.

I've sadly yet to see Spirited Away. Top of my hunt list however emotion_donotwant

User Image

Spirited Away was one of the first Ghibli movies I saw. I think it was that and Grave of the Fireflies, though I can't remember exactly which one was first.

I love the bit in Ponyo where the old people's home ends up in a bubble under the sea. Old people are really cute. Or at least, I think so, especially ones in movies.

User Image

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
Look who I bumped into at gold beach! Just being random and chatting together.
SweetNiar

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Zzyli
gataka

Zzyli

User Image

User Image

User Image

Spirited Away was one of the first Ghibli movies I saw. I think it was that and Grave of the Fireflies, though I can't remember exactly which one was first.

I love the bit in Ponyo where the old people's home ends up in a bubble under the sea. Old people are really cute. Or at least, I think so, especially ones in movies.

User Image

I can't remember exactly which one I saw first, but I know that it was either My Neighbor Totoro, or Kiki's Delivery Service.
I did see Ponyo, but I don't remember many of the scenes vividly.

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
gataka
scullylam
mmmmm twilight...

Say, did you ever get around listening to Daft Punk's RAM?
I recall you wanting to look into it or something.

Oyaji - Guin

Quick! Where's the holy hand grenade? >:O

oh yeah. i not listened to it yet. getting tired of the replaying of the "get lucky" track on the radio. so i hope a new single comes out. > <
Today's Friday the 13th, 2013 (and thread page 13) and something strange is afoot beneath the feet of the people of Barton Town. eek The sewers are slowly becoming infested with those green, ornery rodents-- Grunnies! gonk

For today's theme: "I AM Grunny, Hear Me Rawr!". scream Come dressed as a grunny as we overtake the Barton Sewers, meating at the "T" shaped metal grated floor near the southwest corner on Bladed Vase server at 5pm PST tonight. (thanks Jez Rae for the theme idea and location!) 3nodding

No grunnies in your inventory? Another option is a similarly sized green critter that is the newest and most important Interweb sensation since the ORLY? Owl... Rocket Frog! mrgreen Rocket Frog just "jumped" into existence a couple days ago during a NASA launch and will be with us forever more. emotion_yatta

Familiar Lunatic

Don't have a Grunny, do have a frog...
scullylam
oh yeah. i not listened to it yet. getting tired of the replaying of the "get lucky" track on the radio. so i hope a new single comes out. > <
My understanding is that Lose Yourself To Dance, the second single, has already been released to US radios around mid August.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff