Welcome to Gaia! ::

cnoisy
Kaniskion
Mavdoc
Red Kutai

I've been talking with Gaidin and he says that he's made an effort to contact Mav in the interest of having this thread moved into the zOMG! Forum, on the condition that we're able to keep the off-topic chatter manageable. He seemed confident that it would be best leaving the original thread locked - both to give Mavdoc greater control over opening post, and to let the old one serve as a reminder. I suppose I can understand his reasoning, even if it's not what I'd consider my own
ideal solution. sweatdrop

Hopefully this will work well enough that we can continue to focus on what the dev meats are intended to do, and the moderators can continue to focus on making the z!F a better place - I believe that's all he was trying to do, even if doing so required ruffling a few feathers...

Yup, you're right Kutai-- Gaidin contacted me about a proposal to move this thread back over to z!F. 3nodding Sorry I didn't post this in the thread this morning when I replied to him, but I got too busy with work stuff.

Anyway, he said that if we could try to ensure that 50% of our talk inside this thread focused around zOMG!, that he'd be happy to move us back to z!F. If we happened to chat way too much on unrelated topics, he might try to nudge us back on topic occasionally.

I replied to him that I'm not sure if this would be realistic in this thread. I noted that since losing all devs who could talk about future updates, having no game updates in years, no holiday events activated, and Dev Meat members who are already very knowledgeable about every aspect of the game, that this slowly led to having Meats that focus mostly on unrelated topics.

Also I was worried about needing to post reminders to people of the thread if they get off topic too much. I'd really not like to censor conversations or try to alter what is being talked about for the sake of staying in compliance basically.

So I told Gaidin that I'd introduce this proposal to you all. What do you think about this thread being transferred to the z!F, but we'd have to aim for a 50/50 amount of zOMG! talk to random stuff OR we stay here in Friends Chat and we could talk about pretty much whatever I believe.

Gaidin has no intention of doing anything to upset anyone here with this move. He's been very professional about this issue and is only being fair about the rules. Now that I understand the rules better, I too agree with his action. A warning would have been nice, but regardless, this is something we'd have to sort out eventually with the way the thread is now.

So feel free to discuss! biggrin

Perhaps we could form a compromise and have a dev meat thread in the zOMG! forum that is strictly on topics of zOMG! and another dev meat thread in the friend's chat forums that is for people who just want to chat and have fun. You can link the two. 3nodding

That's basically what I proposed earlier. However, dev meats have pretty much just become a time where a bunch of us meet and hang out. There isn't really any 'informing' involved.

The thing is. Even back when zOMG! was still under development and the devs still around. Most, if not all of the dev meats that happened still involved nothing but off-topic chatter. So it shouldn't make any difference now if it didn't back then.

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Kaniskion
cnoisy
Kaniskion
Mavdoc
Red Kutai

I've been talking with Gaidin and he says that he's made an effort to contact Mav in the interest of having this thread moved into the zOMG! Forum, on the condition that we're able to keep the off-topic chatter manageable. He seemed confident that it would be best leaving the original thread locked - both to give Mavdoc greater control over opening post, and to let the old one serve as a reminder. I suppose I can understand his reasoning, even if it's not what I'd consider my own

Hopefully this will work well enough that we can continue to focus on what the dev meats are intended to do, and the moderators can continue to focus on making the z!F a better place - I believe that's all he was trying to do, even if doing so required ruffling a few feathers...

Yup, you're right Kutai-- Gaidin contacted me about a proposal to move this thread back over to z!F. 3nodding Sorry I didn't post this in the thread this morning when I replied to him, but I got too busy with work stuff.

Anyway, he said that if we could try to ensure that 50% of our talk inside this thread focused around zOMG!, that he'd be happy to move us back to z!F. If we happened to chat way too much on unrelated topics, he might try to nudge us back on topic occasionally.

I replied to him that I'm not sure if this would be realistic in this thread. I noted that since losing all devs who could talk about future updates, having no game updates in years, no holiday events activated, and Dev Meat members who are already very knowledgeable about every aspect of the game, that this slowly led to having Meats that focus mostly on unrelated topics.

Also I was worried about needing to post reminders to people of the thread if they get off topic too much. I'd really not like to censor conversations or try to alter what is being talked about for the sake of staying in compliance basically.

So I told Gaidin that I'd introduce this proposal to you all. What do you think about this thread being transferred to the z!F, but we'd have to aim for a 50/50 amount of zOMG! talk to random stuff OR we stay here in Friends Chat and we could talk about pretty much whatever I believe.

Gaidin has no intention of doing anything to upset anyone here with this move. He's been very professional about this issue and is only being fair about the rules. Now that I understand the rules better, I too agree with his action. A warning would have been nice, but regardless, this is something we'd have to sort out eventually with the way the thread is now.

Perhaps we could form a compromise and have a dev meat thread in the zOMG! forum that is strictly on topics of zOMG! and another dev meat thread in the friend's chat forums that is for people who just want to chat and have fun. You can link the two. 3nodding

That's basically what I proposed earlier. However, dev meats have pretty much just become a time where a bunch of us meet and hang out. There isn't really any 'informing' involved.

The thing is. Even back when zOMG! was still under development and the devs still around. Most, if not all of the dev meats that happened still involved nothing but off-topic chatter. So it shouldn't make any difference now if it didn't back then.

I clearly remember almost all of the meats that I went to, when JK was still hosting them that is, were very related to zOMG and it's progress as a whole. Granted we had out fair share of off-topic chatter, but that's a given no matter where you go.

Retro Punk

Kaniskion
cnoisy
Kaniskion
Mavdoc
Red Kutai

From what i see it's not the content of the meats that was the problem but of the acutal Dev meat thread that was the issue.

I believe in the meats we can discuss any topic we want . Disussing zomg is a given. We actually always do in one way or another. *Marshall, someone's obsession with a certain Barton NPC* You know... user created material. *someone's unhealthy pairing of Devs in their Y- Fiction*.

Familiar Lunatic

Wait, 25 Flynn's, like, at least 1.25 mil !? That's absurd ._.

Anyway, I'd say we need moar opinionz on the thread issue. Why people so quiet?
Maybe they haven't found the new spot, doubt they will unless we have some form of presence in the z!Forum.

Anyway, doubt we're in a hurry so maybe list the options and make a poll.

BTW, if anyone needs cheering up watch Grave of the Fireflies by Ghibli.
Related, anyone know how to turn the colors I dream in into Ghibli colors?
They're amazing :U

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
gataka

Maybe they haven't found the new spot, doubt they will unless we have some form of presence in the z!Forum.

Stare at a picture containing Ghibli art for five hours.

Familiar Lunatic

cnoisy

I won't go blind from all the awesome?

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
gataka
cnoisy

Oh, you didn't want to go blind?

Familiar Lunatic

cnoisy
gataka
cnoisy

Oh, you didn't want to go blind?
Let me ask my mom... apparently, nope, unless it's to please a woman :U

Retro Punk

gataka

Grave of the Fireflies ?? i know of it... you sadist.... stare dramallama

Time-traveling Marshmallow

32,700 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
Oyaji - Guin
From what i see it's not the content of the meats that was the problem but of the acutal Dev meat thread that was the issue.

I believe in the meats we can discuss any topic we want . Disussing zomg is a given. We actually always do in one way or another. *Marshall, someone's obsession with a certain Barton NPC* You know... user created material. *someone's unhealthy pairing of Devs in their Y- Fiction*.

does that mod not even see all the spam in most of the threads in zf? :/ i still don't trust him so why even try to get moved back into zf while all he will want to do is lock topics again. you can only talk zomg for so much. and any creative content or speaking of marshall, isn't that zomg related? he still didn't look at the zf's forum rules and here, has any mod even cleaned up zf? i doubt it.

sorry for ranting but it all is just so stupid. confused

(didn't even try to read back pages ago)

Familiar Lunatic

Oyaji - Guin
"new REI: Firefly’s Flame" lawlz

What? Knowing that whatever life you have could be far worse don't cheer you up? emotion_awesome

Anyway, the real sadist part was letting my 13 year old cousin watch it before I did.
I know Ghibli gets mature at time, I knew this one was heavier than the others, but I'd no clue how much so ._.

She enjoyed Arrietty more :U

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
gataka
Oyaji - Guin

What? Knowing that whatever life you have could be far worse don't cheer you up? emotion_awesome

Anyway, the real sadist part was letting my 13 year old cousin watch it before I did.
I know Ghibli gets mature at time, I knew this one was heavier than the others, but I'd no clue how much so ._.

I've seen a lot of Ghibli's movies, and you saying this is making me want to see this movie now. Though i doubt it'll be as good as My Neighbor Totoro. That movie remains my favorite of all their movies, and I like pretty much all of their movies.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
gataka

User Image

Of all the Ghibli movies, I wouldn't pick Grave of the Fireflies to cheer me up. Ponyo perhaps, or Spirited Away. Not Grave of the Fireflies.

User Image
cnoisy
Kaniskion
cnoisy
Kaniskion
Mavdoc
Red Kutai

I clearly remember almost all of the meats that I went to, when JK was still hosting them that is, were very related to zOMG and it's progress as a whole. Granted we had out fair share of off-topic chatter, but that's a given no matter where you go.

Until knowledge of DMS was released, the meats very rarely talked about the game whatsover. Heck. Even at every meat now, Mav will occasionally drop a secret or two about proposed areas for the game.
gataka
Oyaji - Guin

Grave of the fireflies made me want to dedicate my life to altruistic purposes for all of 15 minutes. Which is more than what most movies have been able to accomplish. sweatdrop

Watching this movie will burn a hole in your soul. If anything. It should be used as the optimal means by which to identify bots. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff