Welcome to Gaia! ::

Duralath
I've officially decided to make a second Integra and transfer my old one over to Version 3. Now, I know that the Integra has been radically toned down in Version 3. But think about it this way. If I use it as my trainer car...you get the picture. Now, as for the Version 2 Integra, it's going to be different. You see, my old Integra was turbocharged. This new one will be NA and primarily used to hunt down the Version 2 machines that are still around.

I'm pretty much 75% sure that I'm going to do this. The thing is, no one challenges me anymore. My team is undoubtedly the strongest in my county, which leaves like...no competition.
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not transfer, its not worth it. get an RX-8 or something, don't kill off your integra, its not worth it
i am offcially experienced in all versions, i have played all of them and beaten all the courses on all of them, though oddly i don't have monster points, maybe my ITR from V2 is my most tuned car at 300k. lol i love version 3, but my only advice is that its abit different, when you are being blocked its harder to see cause you actually hit your opponents bumper instead of being bounced back abit. gear ratios for certain courses have changed too. from what i see, Akina and Iro have the gears lowered so you move slower than before when driving. I have an Evo VI, course A, all parts with a changed muffler, its ok but has a tendacy to slide if you aren't careful.
I have been playing on and off since version 1.

For the most part my main car has always been the runner up in every version so Trueno for version 1 and FD for version 2.

While the FD in version 1 were close I abhorred nearly every DC2 driver not because of the fact that the car was a monster on every course but because I got sick of seeing people get fished to Iro and Happo while the DC2 driver wall raped to victory. It kills me to see a DC2 race and earn a time on either Iro or Happo that I have made with my FD since the FD is nowhere close to the DC2 times on either of the courses.

As of yesterday Version 3 has arrived in one of the two arcades I play at. It has actually been in Hacienda for a few weeks but I refuse to play there as it is way too expensive.

I have many mixed reactions about Version 3 but overall I am very pleased with what they did to improve our favorite racing game. I am also addicted to Fight for Love Tonight and I have a fondness for Save Me. Of course since I have Save Me on cd I really am not as addicted to it.

If anyone would like to discuss Version 3 tips hints strategies I am open to discussion. Also if anyone in the Bay Area needs location information I travel a bit from Milpitas to Pleasant Hills to Redwood City. So I have a decent knowledge on which machines are good as well as prices, times, etc.

Have a good day everyone.
god initial d ver 2 i have too many cards for that game i got a chance to play version 3 and its alot harder
phantomofakina
Duralath
I've officially decided to make a second Integra and transfer my old one over to Version 3. Now, I know that the Integra has been radically toned down in Version 3. But think about it this way. If I use it as my trainer car...you get the picture. Now, as for the Version 2 Integra, it's going to be different. You see, my old Integra was turbocharged. This new one will be NA and primarily used to hunt down the Version 2 machines that are still around.

I'm pretty much 75% sure that I'm going to do this. The thing is, no one challenges me anymore. My team is undoubtedly the strongest in my county, which leaves like...no competition.
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not transfer, its not worth it. get an RX-8 or something, don't kill off your integra, its not worth it

We'll see. I need another challenge. And the report is that we've got Version 3 in my town now. I know that my FD is going into the transfer. I don't have a car to focus on, though, which sucks. Too many cars for me to choose from. And I'm starting to be turned off by the 6 gears of the SE3P.
yeah im a racer. i drive a yellow evoVII

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

Dude i just played that thing i got me the card on version 3 got Nissan skyline g-r R34 badass
Duralath
phantomofakina
Duralath

We'll see. I need another challenge. And the report is that we've got Version 3 in my town now. I know that my FD is going into the transfer. I don't have a car to focus on, though, which sucks. Too many cars for me to choose from. And I'm starting to be turned off by the 6 gears of the SE3P.

From what i understand the SE3P has god-like off-the-line accelration (due to it's six speed tranny) and is actually faster than the FD's (rumored about the better top-end).

Lol, you want a car to focus on? Get the Buntamobile, it's still in the top 6 I'm pretty sure . . .
Rusty_Blade
Duralath
phantomofakina
Duralath

From what i understand the SE3P has god-like off-the-line accelration (due to it's six speed tranny) and is actually faster than the FD's (rumored about the better top-end).

Lol, you want a car to focus on? Get the Buntamobile, it's still in the top 6 I'm pretty sure . . .

So I finally played Version 3. We finally got it yesterday, on my birthday, at the arcade.

Initial thoughts (no pun intended):
Ok, the first time I play, I don't transfer any cards. I use a stock RX-8 against my friend's half-tuned 180SX on Akina Snow DH. I'm having a lot of fun, too. I absolutely love the snow in the RX-8! Of course, I lose due to a lack of understanding about the system, but hey, that's understandable.

So I finally buy my RX-8, Blue, Option A (the other two had ugly wings that I just didn't wanna deal with). My first race is against Sakai on Happogahara IB. I try doing the cold start thing that I learned, and as I had thought, I kinda screwed it up, giving that stupid DC2 the lead. But I came back soon and ended up beating Sakai with a 2'36 (dude...that's so slow). After that, I ran a TA on Irohazaka...3'15 with my SE3P. That's really bad. REALLY bad.

My next race was against an FD on Akina Snow DH. Now, I'll tell you this, the SE3P understeers on so many corners here. Pretty much, the race went back and forth between the two of us. I thought he had me until he understeered on the final hairpin, in which case I slowed down hard and took the inside to win the race.

After that, I got taken to Shomaru by my buddy who transferred over his FD3SI. I got the jump on him and thus won there. Dude, Shomaru is so much freakin' fun. And it was there that I finally got the cold start down. After that, my other buddy took me to Akagi DH Wet (I've hated Akagi DH Wet ever since Version 2) in his ER34. Needless to say, I got beaten.

Later on in the night, I raced against Shingo on Myogi. WTF, man? He gets a huge boost during the race against him! Ah well. Anyway, he didn't even touch me all throughout the race. Oh, and an interesting fact about Myogi: you can take the Grand Curve at full throttle.

All in all, it was a good night. I'm finally starting to like the SE3P. Give me a few more nights of playing and I'll start to dominate.
Duralath
Rusty_Blade
Duralath
phantomofakina
Duralath

So I finally played Version 3. We finally got it yesterday, on my birthday, at the arcade.

Initial thoughts (no pun intended):
Ok, the first time I play, I don't transfer any cards. I use a stock RX-8 against my friend's half-tuned 180SX on Akina Snow DH. I'm having a lot of fun, too. I absolutely love the snow in the RX-8! Of course, I lose due to a lack of understanding about the system, but hey, that's understandable.

So I finally buy my RX-8, Blue, Option A (the other two had ugly wings that I just didn't wanna deal with). My first race is against Sakai on Happogahara IB. I try doing the cold start thing that I learned, and as I had thought, I kinda screwed it up, giving that stupid DC2 the lead. But I came back soon and ended up beating Sakai with a 2'36 (dude...that's so slow). After that, I ran a TA on Irohazaka...3'15 with my SE3P. That's really bad. REALLY bad.

My next race was against an FD on Akina Snow DH. Now, I'll tell you this, the SE3P understeers on so many corners here. Pretty much, the race went back and forth between the two of us. I thought he had me until he understeered on the final hairpin, in which case I slowed down hard and took the inside to win the race.

After that, I got taken to Shomaru by my buddy who transferred over his FD3SI. I got the jump on him and thus won there. Dude, Shomaru is so much freakin' fun. And it was there that I finally got the cold start down. After that, my other buddy took me to Akagi DH Wet (I've hated Akagi DH Wet ever since Version 2) in his ER34. Needless to say, I got beaten.

Later on in the night, I raced against Shingo on Myogi. WTF, man? He gets a huge boost during the race against him! Ah well. Anyway, he didn't even touch me all throughout the race. Oh, and an interesting fact about Myogi: you can take the Grand Curve at full throttle.

All in all, it was a good night. I'm finally starting to like the SE3P. Give me a few more nights of playing and I'll start to dominate.
lol, the SE3P takes some getting used to, as for the courses, i know syomaru like the back of my hand (i have SS), Snow Akina gave me trouble my first time since i wasn't used to it and i love the new course, though i had troubles at first.

from what i know the opponents have been giving a huge boost in skill, they are much tougher than in V1 and V2. also from what i see, beating Myogi doesn't yield any stars, i dunno about Usui yet, from what i can tell, anything from Akagi and up will give you stars.

Finally the SE3P is a great car, i have one that is about 80k. i used it and it beat my friends FD off the line blaugh xp
From what I've heard, cold start is not like ver.2. I hear its horrible in ver.3.

lol at the Initial thoughts . . .

You can take the Monaco at full throttle?! Oh I can't wait to smoke some fools in my FC now! I wish we would hurry up and get it!
Rusty_Blade
From what I've heard, cold start is not like ver.2. I hear its horrible in ver.3.

lol at the Initial thoughts . . .

You can take the Monaco at full throttle?! Oh I can't wait to smoke some fools in my FC now! I wish we would hurry up and get it!

Yep, Grand Curve is now a full throttle turn.

The cold start has been proven to work better only with the SE3P. It should be better for all of the NA cars in the game, but so far, the SE3P is the only car that benefits from a cold start. If you don't do it right, though, then it's worse than if you had just hot started the car.

My SE3P's about 80K as well. Earlier, I ran a 3'13 on Iro. Ugh...I feel so damn slow now.
Another thing I've heard is that the game is a few 10-20Km slower than ver.2, so you may not get all of those times you had back . . .
Yes...everything is much slower. MUCH slower. Hell, think about it...the top time on Akina DH Dry in Version 2 was like...2'44 with the Capp. In Version 3, it's around 2'57 with the Trueno. A difference of 13 seconds, man. Thirteen seconds!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff