Hey look! We got a new poll!!

Yay!! 0.275 27.5% [ 22 ]
Booooo!! 0.0125 1.2% [ 1 ]
No. *boot to the head* Yes. 0.0875 8.8% [ 7 ]
Wait, this place is still alive!? 0.225 22.5% [ 18 ]
Cookies and gold for everybody! 0.4 40.0% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]

Timid Roisterer

I mean, I wouldn't have minded it so much if I gave even half a damn for Aaron Taylor-Johnson's character at all. His entire character was basically "I'm the luckiest ******** in the universe" and nothing more compelling. xD

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
I'm having joint pain, so I went to the Weather Channel's website to see if maybe it's supposed to storm soon (it is), and immediately got sidetracked by an article about the recent Ebola outbreak in Guinea. Apparently that outbreak has been linked to the consumption of bats.

I love bats, but wow, they sure are good at being reservoirs for disease. Don't eat bats.

Invisible Browser

That reminded me of Anchor Man 2. The guy was running a chicken restaurant but serving bats instead of chicken. Chickens of the caves, he called them.

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Haha, I actually ended up reading about bat cuisine, and one article compared bat meat to chicken meat. Everything is chicken.

Oh, and speaking of ~lovely spring weather~
I sound like a somewhat feminine Tom Waits. Which would be great, except that it's because of allergies. Excuse me while I single-handedly fund a Kleenex factory.

ALSO, a fledgling robin has gotten itself stuck in our window well twice. neutral

Invisible Browser

Isn't that a classic case of darwinism?

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Maybe, but it would have been cruel of me to just leave it in there to die.
This happened last summer too. That robin stayed away from the window wells after the second time, so hopefully this one will as well. It's only ever young, inexperienced animals that do this. Rabbits and robins, mostly. I prefer rescuing the rabbits; they're tamer and less delicate-feeling.

Invisible Browser

Yeeah, at least rabbits don't have hollow bones.

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
I got my Diploma of Medical Transcription in the mail today!
Now all I have to do is find a job. Preferably an online one.

Bonus points: I graduated ~with honors~
I got a 95% in the program. Maybe that'll give me an edge.

Timid Roisterer

Congratu-atu-atu-atu-atulatons, Demi! *makes you a bat-whale shaped cake*

Jeering Codger

Congratulations! <3

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Thanks!

But Nathan, what does a bat-whale look like?

Ugh, what is it with companies wanting employees with, like, 3 to 5 years of prior experience? How am I supposed to get experience? I have a grand total of two companies' websites bookmarked to look at later... my aunt who's an MT was supposed to send me an email with the name of the company she works for, because they hire transcriptionists with no job experience, but she hasn't.

Timid Roisterer

Jeering Codger

Know that feels. :c Hell, I've seen job ads for trainees that required at least a year's experience in the exact job for which they were being trained. Lolwhut.
Yay Demi! Good luck with the search! The whole required experience thing is being taken to absurd degrees, and that's why D2 is currently trying to give the professional artist thing a go, because finding accounting jobs is not working...

So... It's thursday and I'm still not sure what my second day off this week will be. This is a problem because it will put me at 48 hours, and overtime is a dirty word for groomers at my company. Apparently I was supposed to have monday off, but the manager just put it in the schedule work-up sheet and didn't actually change the schedule, so I had a full book of dogs. Told her monday, and she said she would fix it once she knew when a new transfer groomer arrived. They arrived yesterday, and the manager spent quite a while fixing the schedule... For next week *Headdesk* Well, if I do end up working the 6 days I had darned well better not get yelled at.

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Argh! I was just about to start on an application when suddenly the power went out in my room.
So I ended up cleaning instead of applying for jobs. At least I accomplished something.

Also: here is a too-warm Vimes-rat lounging awkwardly.

@Nems & Jana: I wonder how much success these places are having at actually finding employees.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff