Hey look! We got a new poll!!

Yay!! 0.275 27.5% [ 22 ]
Booooo!! 0.0125 1.2% [ 1 ]
No. *boot to the head* Yes. 0.0875 8.8% [ 7 ]
Wait, this place is still alive!? 0.225 22.5% [ 18 ]
Cookies and gold for everybody! 0.4 40.0% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 80 ]

Timid Roisterer

This one is called "Only the End of the World Again".

I also picked up one called Acolytes of Cthulu, which also has one by Gaiman in it called "Shoggoth's Old Familiar". Nothing about emeralds, though, but there are a couple of other books I saw at the bookstore called Black Wings of Cthulu and Lovecraft's Monsters which I'd like to pick up.

Invisible Browser

Today is my birthday. :3 I'm not sure I'm celebrating today though, lawl. I asked for all my gifts ahead of time, which was limited to a prepaid gift card, so I could make a few purchases during the steam summer sale. xD

Jeering Codger

Happy birthday! :3

Invisible Browser

Thanks! and oh man, when I logged into steam, my friend had gifted me The Stanley Parable. <3

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
-yells anxiously- I am so close to having a job. I pretty much just have to wait for an email telling me I'm hired.
$10 per audio hour transcribed ain't much, but it's better than nothing.

Also: A few days ago, I went ahead and bought Sunless Sea, a naval exploration and survival game from the creators of Fallen London. Early access on Steam, which ends on the eighth of this month, gets you free access to any DLC they add later. It's also discounted right now. wink Final release is scheduled for late September. If y'all have seventeen bucks to spare you should totally buy it now, because it is fantastic. Also because I want somebody to talk about it with me.

@Nathan: I don't think I've read that Gaiman story. surprised
Once I finish collecting the Aubrey-Maturin novels I'm gonna have to start buying Mythos anthologies again.

@Editor: Happy birthday~

Devout Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Just popped in to tell you that my sporadically attendant self shall be absent for around four and a half some-ish days.
Not sure in what kind of mood I'll be in when I finally return home, so label it as five.
Pandora is playing "Somewhere Only We Know."
Goddammit, Contextually Appropriate Pandora!
Now it's playing "Don't You Worry Child."
And I say the same to you.
My funky fungal form shall return forthwith and in fortuitous favor from far-off terra firma uncharted.
Until then, my fine friends.

Timid Roisterer

Sunless Sea 'does' look interesting. =o

BIRTHDAY HAPPY!!

Speaking of Steam, I've been playing Wolfenstein 3D. Aside from bosses, there are only four different kinds of enemies: Guard dogs, basic guards in tan, officers in white, who move quickly, and SS officers in blue uniforms--they're the only ones with machine guns, they're eight feet tall and they have slightly more health than every other enemy in the game except for the bosses.

I don't know what it is about these guys, but they are the only enemies in the game that illicit a frightened response from me--even though they've never once injured or killed me, I always gun them down first. I think it's just because they're rare, usually only one or two of them appear on a single level and that's every other level--and usually they're on an out of the way part of the map, almost always somewhere unexpected. xD So it's just surprising to run into them.

Invisible Browser

Anonymity Is Key
Just popped in to tell you that my sporadically attendant self shall be absent for around four and a half some-ish days.
Not sure in what kind of mood I'll be in when I finally return home, so label it as five.
Pandora is playing "Somewhere Only We Know."
Goddammit, Contextually Appropriate Pandora!
Now it's playing "Don't You Worry Child."
And I say the same to you.
My funky fungal form shall return forthwith and in fortuitous favor from far-off terra firma uncharted.
Until then, my fine friends.

The alliteration is abnormally abundant with this one.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys. :3

Devout Lunatic

10,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
I highly recommend the group "The Whiffenpoofs."
Not only are they a talented group of peoples, their name is also ridiculously fun to shout at random people as you walk past them.

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Here is a Vetinari-rat being a cutie.
I'm thinking about getting a third rat to keep him company, since Vimes seems to have some kind of ratty social anxiety. If I do, I'll stick with the Discworld theme and call him Carrot.

@Nathan: If you want to know more about the world Sunless Sea is set in, you can play the free browser game Fallen London.
Here is my character's profile.

And I dunno what to tell you with regards to your blue-uniform'd SS officers... I get spooked at everything when I play games. Even when I know something is about to appear, I just about jump outta my skin. D:

Timid Roisterer

Well, the game is an older one, 1992 or so, so all of the enemies use badly recorded stock German phrases when they see or hear you. So the tan guards say something that sounds like "Hotdog" but is actually "halt" and the white guards exclaimed "Spy!!".

The blue guys have a super deep voice and belt out something that sounds like "SHOOSTAFFA!!!" but they're just saying the name of their own group, the SS, but it is always frightening, especially when they're at an angle in the room where you can't see them. xD

Jeering Codger

Both of those links go to the home page.

I'm not terribly jumpy in games, but the ancestral tombs in Morrowind always creep me out. D8

Timid Roisterer

It kinda figures, but the moment I mention how rare these blue guys are they suddenly become a.....lot more common and dangerous. xD

*stands behind Nemora and makes the weird, windy ghosty sounds that accompany Morrowind tombs*

Shadowy Cultist

4,800 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Goodness. We had grocery store fried chicken last night, and I gave a couple of bones from a wing to my rats... both bones were just gone in under an hour. I mean, they were little ones, but still.

Nemora
Both of those links go to the home page.

Whoops. Fixed that.

Jeering Codger

Noooooooooooo :c
*dons a blue uniform and hides in Nathan's wardrobe*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items