Welcome to Gaia! ::

Swashbuckling Sentai

Did you try everything posted above?
yes
What exactly is wrong? (Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.)
my panda rug will not show up in towns despite the fact that it's saved in my house and works if you just view the house out of towns
What browser are you using?
IE
What Operating System are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 98, etc.)
Windows XP pro
Do you have a Firewall/security system? (If so please list any and all!)
router
How long has this been going on?
since feb 13th
Has Towns ever worked properly before now?
yes
Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it?
always
Will Towns work properly with a different computer?
no
Anything else we should be aware of?
no

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image@Cattle Prod Reno and Amon Larethian - I have a feeling saving is down again. This issue usualy goes away after a couple of days.
User Image

User Image Boxed Lunch User Image
~GAIA Towns Helper~
~GGD Helper~

10,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
saving now works,but there's another problem.
It shoes the "vacant" sign when you click on the navigator and you choose Barton 001043

Demonic Hunter

22,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Boxed Lunch
User Image@Cattle Prod Reno and Amon Larethian - I have a feeling saving is down again. This issue usualy goes away after a couple of days.
User Image

~GAIA Towns Helper~
~GGD Helper~

Boxed Lunch, I have not been able to get the house saving to work since I placed my house in towns. I've posted twice in the bug report thread they reccommend in the Gaia Homes forum, to post in, but it still won't save (posted my specs Here in the Bug Reports & Tech Support forum) sad Is there a way or a work around to actually get the saving to work? Thanks in advance.

Edited to add: I can now dump bugs and trash biggrin
i hate bugs

10,175 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
the bot glitch has returned!
Now it stucked me again...
biggrin ....CONSIDER YOURSELF SNUGGLEBUMPED.... biggrin

biggrin ....BE LUCKY AND HAVE A NICE DAY.... biggrin

heart
I just wanted to say that this thread along with the B.U.G thread is very helpful & I really appreciate all the hard work put into them both. I'm frequently checking this one to see what's going on with glitches and bugs, so thanks!
yes
What exactly is wrong?(Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.)
I want to buy furniture for my house, but it won't let me because it says there are no items of that to display besides tile
don't know
What Operating system are you using?(Windows XP, Windows 98, etc.)
all I know is that it is windows
Do you have a firewall/security system?(If so please list any and all!)
not that I am aware of
since January
Has towns ever worked properly before now?
yes
all the time
Will towns work properly with a different computer?
no
Anything else wwe should be aware of?
no

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image@Sakura_Chan21 - yes that is a current glitch and more information on it can be found in the Q&A Announcement: Gaia Problems. Since it is not part of towns I am not adding it to the glitch list. There is no known work around at this time other than buying the item from the Gaia Marketplace
User Image

~GAIA Towns Helper~
~GGD Helper~
Yes.
What exactly is wrong? (Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.)
There is a zipcode marked undefined.... It's glitching the entire towns game. I can't go to any towns anymore. If you pull up the world map and go down several times, it gives you the following image:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Firefox, latest version.
Windows XP with Service Pack 2
Running behind wireless router and Norton Internet Security.
Just today.
Yes, to the best of my knowledge. I only joined a few days ago.
It's happened a few times in a row now.... I can't really see any patterns. It's pretty consistent.
I don't have access to another computer, sorry!
I'm running on a wireless network which sometimes randomly screws stuff up. It could be that my internet just isn't loading the new data at the bottom of the world map. It doesn't seem like the error goes away, though, so that's unlikely.
Ever since I got my parasol, when I walk, you can see my butt in the towns, and I'm not talking my undies. o-o; Rigfht after I got the Parasol, so yeah.
yes
What exactly is wrong?(Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.)
*stated above*
Firefo, latest.
What Operating system are you using?(Windows XP, Windows 98, etc.)
XP
Do you have a firewall/security system?(If so please list any and all!)
Not sure.
Started today.
Has towns ever worked properly before now?
yes
all the time
Will towns work properly with a different computer?
no
Anything else wwe should be aware of?
no
Yes.

Whenever I am in a house and someone else enters, we both crash, in a way. I get a message from Macromedia Flash saying something about a script slowing down and If I choose to elt it continue my computer may ebcome unresponsive. Not sure if it's just my computer and connection, but I know a bunch of High Speed Internet Users with good computers that have the same problem.

Internet Explorer, latest.

Windows XP.

Not entirely sure, I know I have Norton Antivirus Firewall.

Since I started a few days ago.

No.

Always, so far.

No.(No other computr to look at)

No.
Did you try everything posted above? I did everything possible, yes.
What exactly is wrong? I'm just reporting that Towns isn't updating homes again. I cleared everything and re-did my home but the wall items are still locked in their old positions when I enter my house through towns.
What browser are you using? I've experienced this in both Internet Explorer 6.0 and Firefox 1.5.
What Operating System are you using? Windows XP Home
Do you have a Firewall/security system? Only WinXP Home's default firewall, but as I'm not the only one experiencing this, I doubt that has a thing to do with it. lol
How long has this been going on? About two days, that I know of.
Has Towns ever worked properly before now? Yes, but this glitch has happened before.
Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it? I haven't noticed a pattern.
Will Towns work properly with a different computer? I haven't been able to find out personally but I'm under the impression this is just another random thing, hitting only certain computers/users.
Anything else we should be aware of? Just thought I'd make mention of this happening again, that's all. ^_^;

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Not sure if anyone has suggested this already, but I noticed one of the issues on the first page of this thread is being locked out of your house if you select it to be locked to friends only.

Will adding yourself to your own friends list fix that, at least for now, until that portion of the code is refined?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff