Welcome to Gaia! ::

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
Vahrley
Oh. I thought I had read somewhere that they had fixed that. What about the lamps not saving? (And the cute flying gift box? cool )
User Imagehmm... I think right now it is safe to say that the glitch is cause by having more than one of the same Item in the house. I checked the Gaia Housing Problems thread and there dose not appear to be a walk through right now... When my mentor mod comes online latter tonight I will talk to her about this and see if there is anything I have missed.

One last Question:
Can you get multiples of some items? I was able to get 2x the Blue Milk Jug but not any avi clothing...
User Image

User Image Boxed Lunch User Image
~GAIA Towns Helper~
~GGD Helper~
Well, I have multiple and identical windows, chairs, piano stools, book shelves, wall shelves, wall hangings, plants and Honorable Shoji Wooden lamps in there. Though I did have a hard time getting the 3 Shoji lamps to save. I only had one to begin with and I added two. Most of the other stuff was already there, but I did add another chair and the stools ... and moved one of the 2 book shelves. cool

EDIT: Also moved one of the 2 rubber plants from the floor onto a new piece of furniture.

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
User ImageWell, If I were you I would reread this thread because it is very possible I missed something sweatdrop . Other than that I am sorry I do not have any Ideas of what else to do other than wait for GAIA to fix...
User Image

~GAIA Towns Helper~
~GGD Helper~
Will do. Thanks. cool *Goes to read.*
Yep, I read that one before posting here. Hard to tell if the GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS post at the top is from March 04, 2005 or a recent edit to that post. I'm going to try some stuff with some of my alts and if I find any work-arounds I'll let you know. cool

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Oh! For housing related errors .. and I kind of forgot to mention this earlier, there's actually a workaround and a way to figure out which item you have that is not working.

For those who are getting an error when they try to load their homes: how to find out which item it is that you have which is causing the rest of it to glitch:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11718859&
I hadn't seen that thread before terradi, thanks for posting it. But I'm not getting an error message, it just isn't saving the White Snuggle Desk Lamps and I can't put more than one mug in the house, the others in my suitcase are faded out as if they've already been placed in there. I did have the Basic Wooden Chair error a couple of weeks ago, but I found a thread that said to remove all house/furniture items from "My Storage" and put them in "My Items" as a work-around and that fixed it. I don't have the link anymore, but if anyone is having that problem they can try that. cool

2,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I go to the map and click on another area, it shows the loading screen, but once it's finished loading, I'm still at town center or wherever that area is when you first load Gaia Towns.

10,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
We can't sell colored ink, bugs, flowers, and tickets at the market place. Is this a glitch? what do we do with our bugs now?
Well, Boxed, I got brave and took your suggestion. Cleared both of my problem houses, put them back together and ... it worked! (Yay! *Bounces!* ~Boioioing!~) I still can't add more than one Red Ceramic Mug despite of how many I have in my suitcase, but as you pointed out, that's still listed as a glitch that is unresolved. Thank you so much for all your help! cool
i still cant go in the town... it keep saying setting permission.

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
Flowingflow
i still cant go in the town... it keep saying setting permission.
User ImageIt took a while for me but it worked after a bit of waiting... if this dose not work can you fill in the forum so we can get more info so we can help ^^
User Image

~GAIA Towns Helper~
~GGD Helper~
Hey. I seem to be having an issue using Gaia Towns. I will use the question form you've provided to explain my problem.

Did you try everything posted above?
Yes I did. Cache clearing, Flash version, computer restart, etc.
What exactly is wrong? (Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.)
Well, when I enter Gaia Towns a small (yet crucial) portion of the lower part of the screen is cut off. The text box (which as you know, should be to the lower left) is completely cut off, preventing me from using the chat feature. Also, on the lower right, the bottom half of the circle which allows you to change from sitting to standing position, and access equipment is cut off, preventing me from equiping my character with anything. And when I scroll my mouse pointer over the bottom edge of the window (where you can normally drag the edge to make the window taller or shorter), the double-sided black arrow does not appear, and I am therefore not able to resise the window in any manner. (I find that it's usually not possible to resize a window that is solely Flash content...)
What browser are you using?
I use SBC Yahoo DSL. But I've also tried to use just Internet Explorer. The problem occurs with both.
What Operating System are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 98, etc.)
I use Windows XP.
Do you have a Firewall/security system? (If so please list any and all!)
I'm sure I must, but it's not one that I'm extremely aware of, and it has never caused me any problems before. I'm usually able to experience all aspects of the internet properly, including things that heavily involve Flash, so I'm assuming that it isn't a factor here.
How long has this been going on?
Ever since I first tried Towns a couple of weeks ago.
Has Towns ever worked properly before now?
No. This has been an issue ever since I started using Towns.
Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it?
This happens all the time. It has never worked without this issue.
Will Towns work properly with a different computer?
I'm not sure because I haven't tried. But even if it did, I still need to fix it on my computer because I would like to be able to play Gaia Towns at my house.
Anything else we should be aware of?
Nope, I'd say that's pretty much it!

Thank you very much for your time, I really appreciate it! heart

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image@TooSceneForYou - I suggest clearing your changing your screen resolution. for information on how to do they click here but if that dose not work try pressing F11 in towns

I will actually add this info to the tech post... I cant believe I forgot to add this info in there whee
User Image

~GAIA Towns Helper~
~GGD Helper~
Did you try everything posted above?
yes
What exactly is wrong? (Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.)
I'm missing the bottom half of the screen. I cant talk to anyone or change posotions, I'm notsure what else I am missing
What browser are you using?
Explorer
What Operating System are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 98, etc.)
Windows XP
Do you have a Firewall/security system? (If so please list any and all!)
I dont know
How long has this been going on?
since I logged on, febuary 12, 2006
Has Towns ever worked properly before now?
no
Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it?
all the time
Will Towns work properly with a different computer?
this is the only one I can use

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces