Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Trash and bugs no longer show up

Did you try everything posted above? Yes: I cleared my cache and cookies, closed my browser and restarted my computer. I also tried different browsers: I normally use Firefox, but I also tried Internet Explorer and Opera. (The towns do not open in Opera though). I have the newest version of Flash installed and don't have any problems with the screen size or resolution. I also tried the different quality settings, but that didn't make any difference.
What exactly is wrong? Since I dumped my last bugs and trash in the boggies this morning, I can't seem to find any new bugs or trash. Eventhough I walk around for miles I can't find any new bugs to catch or trash to pick up. Judging from the little balloons above other peoples head, not everyone seems to have this problem: I saw people catch insects. I don't see any error messages.
What browser are you using? Firefox 1.501, but I also tried Internet Explorer 6.0 and experienced the same thing.
What Operating System are you using? Windows XP (including newest updates).
Do you have a Firewall/security system? Yes: ZoneAlarm Professional (firewall including antivirus and anti-spyware.)
How long has this been going on? Since I dumped my last bugs and trash in the boggies this morning. It has been like this all day long. (It's now evening here.)
Has Towns ever worked properly before now? Yes, I've been able to catch bugs and collect trash until today. Sometimes I could only find bugs though and there was no trash to be seen, but most of the time I could collect both.
Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it? I don't see a pattern, although it may have something to do with the same issue that causes the flowers not to show up. Bugs did show up more often than trash though, but I don't know if this is supposed to be like that. I mean, we don't want the towns to become too dirty don't we?
Will Towns work properly with a different computer? I can't check that, I only have access to this one.
Anything else we should be aware of? I bought gift credits and some new items and changed my avatar a couple of times, but I don't think that should interfere with my Gaia towns experience. I changed my avatar back to an avatar which I used to collect trash and bugs before, but this didn't help either. I still can't find anything in the Gaia towns to collect at the moment.

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
User Image@NuclearTes - I just tested to see if I could find some and I did. For trash make sure you are at a not very populated area because its first come first serve for trash. As for the bugs, some users claim they disappear for a bit and come back in a couple days... I would guess that's what is happening for that because I saw them too.
User Image

User Image Boxed Lunch User Image
~GAIA Towns Helper~
~GGD Helper~

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
@Boxed Lunch: Thanks for the reply, I will keep my eyes open. If I still can't find any bugs after several days I will post again. I'm not sure about the trash - I did go to very remote places to look for trash, but maybe those trash hunters are being very succesful - you never know for sure.

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
Ok, I've finally found rubbish again. I think it may be a loading issue, since I only see trash if I wait several minutes in the same field. xd sweatdrop

350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Member 100
i cant buy anything from the store it just says theres nothing in the store
Did you try everything posted above? Yes, ye si did, but this problem seems to ber a programing error
What exactly is wrong? Well, Kind of like nuclear, I cant get anybugs, and I have 59, and when i go to moira to exchange for ink she just says I need alot more and freezes up and crashs the site when i try to go back, I think it might be a programing error becuase I know some people its been affecting too.
What browser are you using? Internet Explorer
What Operating System are you using? Windows Xp
Do you have a Firewall/security system? Norton Antivirus
How long has this been going on? A few days
[Has Towns ever worked properly before now? Yes, appearently.
Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it? All the time
Will Towns work properly with a different computer? Nope, I guess its a glitch in programing with sort of new accounts
Anything else we should be aware of? None I guess

Swashbuckling Sentai

Boxed Lunch
User Image@Cattle Prod Reno and Amon Larethian - I have a feeling saving is down again. This issue usualy goes away after a couple of days.
User Image

~GAIA Towns Helper~
~GGD Helper~

But I've made other changes to my house and they show just fine. My laptop shows in towns, but still no luck with the bear rug. >.<
Did you try everything posted above? Yup
What exactly is wrong? My net tends to dispear. Once the robot told me I needed to go get a net when I had a full one, and when I reloaded, my icon was gone. The net's still full too.
What browser are you using? Tried both IE and Netscape. Same problem on both
What Operating System are you using? Windows Xp
Do you have a Firewall/security system? Command AntiVirus for Windows
How long has this been going on? On and off for about a week.
Has Towns ever worked properly before now? Yes. I've collected quite a few netfulls of bugs.
Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it? No pattern, but the problem does seem to be going on for longer durations of time.
Will Towns work properly with a different computer? No. I've tried on both public and private computers.
Anything else we should be aware of? A few days ago I was having the net issue, and when I came back the net was back. After a little bug hunting it disapeared again.
What exactly is wrong? (Describe in steps, what you are doing to get the glitch that you experience. Please list any and all error messages that you notice.) Of the people on my Friend list, 3 have houses. Unfortunately the house teleport seems to be malfuctioning. When I try to go to, lets say friend A's house, I end up and friend C's house. Then if I try to teleport to friend B's house, that also takes me to friend C's house. When I test the /LOC command, it shows the correct address, but via the friends status they are all set to that 1 user location when they each love in very different locations.

What browser are you using? Internet Explorer

What Operating System are you using? (Windows XP, Windows 98, etc.) Windows XP

Do you have a Firewall/security system? (If so please list any and all!) Yes but they aren't the cause.

How long has this been going on? At least a week since I took notice, perhaps longer.

Has Towns ever worked properly before now? Aside from the anual glitches it seems to have, yes.

Does it happen all the time or is there a pattern to it? For the moment, all the time, though in the past it did work properly.

Will Towns work properly with a different computer? I don't have access to another.

Anything else we should be aware of? My personal guess would be that this problem might be related to the version of Towns currently running. Version 0.994e

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
@Nana_Wing - may I ask the area? I am thinking it is the same as the other areas that are not working.

@PocketOtaku - I will look at this later when I get home, my school PC dose not let me on GAIA Towns.
im haveing a "Couldn't Save" error on towns when i try to empty out by bug net into the bin. i tried restarting towns, but that did not help. then i de;eted all cookies and temp files as well as cleared my history but that doesnt help either.it was working fine just a couple minutes ago but now it justwont empty the net
haha i love catching bugs
I have a full thing of trash on Towns, but when I talk to Feebee(or whichever one does the trash collecting) they won't let me save! I don't know why. All it does is come up "Can not save." I don't know what to do!

1,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
UPDATE
Boggies "Cant Save"
It apears the boggies can not save right now. No known fix curently.
User Image

Thanks, just updated first post 3nodding
User Image

~GAIA Towns Helper~
~GGD Helper~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers