Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Final Fantasy is your favorite? Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX Version wink )

Why do you like it so much? I love the character customization abilities... 16 classes to choose from... the possibilities are endless... Not to mention the storyline... And the characters...

When did it become my favorite? About 5 years ago

Was it always your favorite, or did it replace another? It did replace 1, 2 and 3... sadly crying
i think it's funny how my friend thinks his friend looks like barret
Tactics. Tactics. Tactics.

Instead of the Standard Melodramatic FF Plot with no extra themes (most FFs), or the Standard Melodramatic FF Plot upgraded with the cliche theme of technology versus magic (FFVI and FFVII), it has something that *could* be the Standard Melodramatic FF Plot after exposure to such massive amounts of power politics and crazy socioreligious themes that the "Standard" and Melodramatic" parts have been completely dissolved. It didn't even bother with a romantic interest for Ramza, because there were bigger metaphorical fish for the plot to fry.

And the battle system. Oh, the battle system. This is what really set it apart. No other FF is regularly capable of delivering an actual challenge. Not only do you tend to find yourself outnumbered and outflanked as the game goes on, but the AI is actually good enough to take advantage of that instead of just charging down to get chumped. Whereas it was pretty easy to come out of encounters unharmed in numbered FFs, Tactics left players beaten and bloody at the end of each battle. You don't play FFT, you survive it.

Add the best soundtrack of any FF besides VI, and it's easy to see why FF Tactics should be at the top of everyone's list.
Alright...I must start this off with a FULL SALUTE TO FFVIII!
It's always been my favorite since it came out; the stunning movie graphics are what got me the most. That was my main reason for liking it so much until I really started to play it, and then the story kind of captivated me too...then I was like..."HOLY CRAP", this thing is sweet and it kicks a**." I would have to say that my favorite character is Zell (by far). His "take-charge" attitude reminds me of me in a way (seeing as how i'm like that sometimes) and the fact that I train/work out my legs for the odd fight (if i ever had to defend myself).
I prefer FFVIII over VII because of the character design in game (the whole block look was never my thing) and over FFIX because the characters (save for Steiner) all look like kids. I mean seriously...how could some little kid destroy half of the evil world himself?
So yeah...FFVIII rules...there you have it.
Stunning visuals, sound, gameplay too.
I rest my case.

Boots
My favorite Final Fantasy game of all time has to be Final Fantasy 3(or 6, if you prefer to call it that). Its prose and plot really made you feel as if you were changing the world, and the characters were brilliantly designed. My favorite has to be Locke, because he's a badass. IMO, it's a masterpiece.
Koralin
My favorite Final Fantasy game of all time has to be Final Fantasy 3(or 6, if you prefer to call it that). Its prose and plot really made you feel as if you were changing the world, and the characters were brilliantly designed. My favorite has to be Locke, because he's a badass. IMO, it's a masterpiece.

the game rocks, but to bad im stuck at the opera-house.. that 5 minute limit is to damned..
Well I really like the 9th and the 10th final fantasy because those two are the funnest. It became my favorite as I got farther into it. They mostly always have been my favorite but if I only had to pick one it would be hard but I guess final fantasy 10.
9 and 10 rock to.. but i like 10 better 'caus of the FMVs and well.. the battles. and 9 is better in humour.. btw koboshi you look cool
final fatasy VII is my fav. couse of the characters the storie ever thing and it was my fav.the first time i played it (my first rpg) smile
wil_e_one
final fatasy VII is my fav. couse of the characters the storie ever thing and it was my fav.the first time i played it (my first rpg) smile

lol, my first rpg was FFIV or FFV dunno really.. but i kinda disliked VII... it wasnt as good as FFVI biggrin
FF8 I THINK WAS THE BEST BACOUSE IT WAS THE ONLY ONE I COULD BEAT.
lol, VIII was easier then the other ones... VI is for me the hardest..and next FFX with the dark aeons
my fave ff is ff3, i know its an oldie but its one of the best!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive played it a couple of times on super nes but now i play it on my ps1. i dont know why i like ff3 so much, i guess i just grew up with it or somethin. my fave part is either the phantom train or the, i know i know, opera scene. its also really cool in the world of ruin.
hmm im at the opera house at the moment but i dont see the fun.. all i see is damn annoying vermin and a time limit smile ... for me the factory with ifrit and shiva is the best
I think that FFVIII was my favorite just because i loved the storyline.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff