• Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

That's good biggrin You're right. There is much more work and stress involved than we see on screen. Maybe we wouldn't be enjoying it as much when we're there inside the action. But it's still very tempting for me :p haha
What kills the dream for me is (depressive dream killer ahead) I imagine if you're working 16 hours days or something to that effect you tend to get a little cranky after a while. Then if you're really into the work, and you start to push yourself to do the best work that you can, you may find yourself in the hospital with a variety of health issues. And you know, it's quite possible to go a full decade without any kind of awards or recognition. By the end of it, you kind of wonder if you maybe wasted all that time, then go back to some regular job that you had before you started the dream to be an actor. it is a very negative thought, but it keeps me grounded lol. I do standby my thought though, that if you love what you do, even the most depressive dream killer couldn't drive you away.

Exactly. So many fantastic and recognized actors/actresses had a rough start back in the day. There is definitely a lot more of effort involved than we usually think. Not to mention that the pay there isn't comparable to those in Hollywood.

Exactly, some went unnoticed for years. Then they finally found where there element was and blossomed, which is when we finally see them. Yea I hear TVB pays terrible wages. Not enough to eat generally. More reason for us to commend the stars that came from TVB. They went through the toughest days to get to where they are now, and then they leave us to go work mainland productions that pay more =p

Yeah we seem to only notice the big roles. The minor cast just gets forgotten or unnoticed. That's what I heard too. I wonder if they're low on cash or just stingy. I bet on the latter...
And we can't exactly blame them for that either.

Sometimes, not very often, but some minor characters really shine if the actor puts enough heart into it. I know it's happened before, but I can't recall exactly who. Probably, because if the little people don't starve how can the higher ups afford their property and live in luxury.
Afterall, if you don't work for your wealth, people aren't going to give it to you. Work includes finding where the money is too wink

That usually happens when the chemistry between the whole cast is right. That or when the main roles suck that much that we pay more attention to minor roles lol
I guess that's true. Money doesn't grow on trees haha

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Exactly. So many fantastic and recognized actors/actresses had a rough start back in the day. There is definitely a lot more of effort involved than we usually think. Not to mention that the pay there isn't comparable to those in Hollywood.

Exactly, some went unnoticed for years. Then they finally found where there element was and blossomed, which is when we finally see them. Yea I hear TVB pays terrible wages. Not enough to eat generally. More reason for us to commend the stars that came from TVB. They went through the toughest days to get to where they are now, and then they leave us to go work mainland productions that pay more =p

Yeah we seem to only notice the big roles. The minor cast just gets forgotten or unnoticed. That's what I heard too. I wonder if they're low on cash or just stingy. I bet on the latter...

Sometimes, not very often, but some minor characters really shine if the actor puts enough heart into it. I know it's happened before, but I can't recall exactly who. Probably, because if the little people don't starve how can the higher ups afford their property and live in luxury.
Afterall, if you don't work for your wealth, people aren't going to give it to you. Work includes finding where the money is too wink

That usually happens when the chemistry between the whole cast is right. That or when the main roles suck that much that we pay more attention to minor roles lol

Hahaha, nowadays the latter is probably more true.
Unfortunately, that is the truth, and we have to do what we have to do to earn a buck.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Unfortunately, that is the truth, and we have to do what we have to do to earn a buck.

Hehe.
Yep. And hard and honest work often doesn't pay well either =(

I started with Tomorrow Is Another Day now. The prison scenes are good. You were right that their private lives are bit dull. I really like Vincent Wong in this. I can sympathize with his character. I guess his relationships with ex-cons will play a big role in the plot too. It's expectable.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Hehe.

I started with Tomorrow Is Another Day now. The prison scenes are good. You were right that their private lives are bit dull. I really like Vincent Wong in this. I can sympathize with his character. I guess his relationships with ex-cons will play a big role in the plot too. It's expectable.

No I find that in a lot of places, having a good work ethic, being a hard worker can really work against you. It's like people realize you can do stuff so they'll just dump more and never give you any recognition for it.

Yea whenever the scene goes outside of the prison I tend to pass out...especially if they're talking about Kate. I really understand Vincent's role and the stigma he has to work against. A big part of society still sees ex-cons as bad people and supposed good people shouldn't hang out with them. On the other hand I also understand why as someone who works in that field how having too many connections can work against you.

Part of me is kind interested in the big age gap theme in the romance section. Don't know if you already know about all the pairings that was shown on Wiki. It reminds me of La Femme Desperado.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Hehe.

No I find that in a lot of places, having a good work ethic, being a hard worker can really work against you. It's like people realize you can do stuff so they'll just dump more and never give you any recognition for it.

Yea whenever the scene goes outside of the prison I tend to pass out...especially if they're talking about Kate. I really understand Vincent's role and the stigma he has to work against. A big part of society still sees ex-cons as bad people and supposed good people shouldn't hang out with them. On the other hand I also understand why as someone who works in that field how having too many connections can work against you.

Part of me is kind interested in the big age gap theme in the romance section. Don't know if you already know about all the pairings that was shown on Wiki. It reminds me of La Femme Desperado.

Exactly.

Yeah. It's quite an interesting dilemma. Also Kenny Wong as a social/rehabilitation worker is good. I might actually enjoy this cause of them.
Nope didn't see but it looks like Kate is starting to fall for her 'uncle' so yeah I know what you mean.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Hehe.

Exactly.

Yeah. It's quite an interesting dilemma. Also Kenny Wong as a social/rehabilitation worker is good. I might actually enjoy this cause of them.
Nope didn't see but it looks like Kate is starting to fall for her 'uncle' so yeah I know what you mean.

I really like it because I don't understand too much about the prison system. I am happy to know that Hong Kong does have this aspect of helping people who have done time to return to being productive members of society.
I am interested considering that those kind of couples do exist and the kinds of judgments they have to face are not something we tend to discuss usually either.
Just read that the new series is Come On Cousin, the sequel to inbound troubles will be the TVB anniversary series...wow. Usually they choose something more grand for an anniversary series. Sigh, hopefully the other series will be something more interesting.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Hehe.

Exactly.

I really like it because I don't understand too much about the prison system. I am happy to know that Hong Kong does have this aspect of helping people who have done time to return to being productive members of society.
I am interested considering that those kind of couples do exist and the kinds of judgments they have to face are not something we tend to discuss usually either.
Just read that the new series is Come On Cousin, the sequel to inbound troubles will be the TVB anniversary series...wow. Usually they choose something more grand for an anniversary series. Sigh, hopefully the other series will be something more interesting.

Yeah watched three more episodes yesterday and it's getting better and better. I'm not sure if every officer in real life is as friendly as they show though :p
Yup. Although it's getting accepted more and more. My grandfather was 13 years older than my grandmother.
So it's anniversary time already? How time flies.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Hehe.

Exactly.

Yeah watched three more episodes yesterday and it's getting better and better. I'm not sure if every officer in real life is as friendly as they show though :p
Yup. Although it's getting accepted more and more. My grandfather was 13 years older than my grandmother.

Hm I guess it would depend on where. I know people tend to say that prison guards here tend to be a little messed in the head. Although, Parole officers and other community officers will vary.
I personally prefer older males myself, simply because they tend to be more mature (of course there are many exceptions). Kind of like Lawrence's character, I like being taken care of hehe.
Yup monthish...it's late november early december right?

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Hehe.

Exactly.

Hm I guess it would depend on where. I know people tend to say that prison guards here tend to be a little messed in the head. Although, Parole officers and other community officers will vary.
I personally prefer older males myself, simply because they tend to be more mature (of course there are many exceptions). Kind of like Lawrence's character, I like being taken care of hehe.

We don't hear that much from our local prisons over here. I might just be biased from the prison movies with evil wardens and such xD
I think it is...always forget it. I know it's around the end of the year.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Exactly.

We don't hear that much from our local prisons over here. I might just be biased from the prison movies with evil wardens and such xD

Yea you don't hear much about the prison system unless you somehow have to be around it. The only difference I've seen as of yet, is that in the drama it shows that prisons with male offenders only get male guards, whereas I know that they have female guards in male prisons here. I've been told though, some of those women have serious issues.
From what I've read, lots of people are excited for the new anniversary series. I guess it was a good choice if the majority like it.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Exactly.

Yea you don't hear much about the prison system unless you somehow have to be around it. The only difference I've seen as of yet, is that in the drama it shows that prisons with male offenders only get male guards, whereas I know that they have female guards in male prisons here. I've been told though, some of those women have serious issues.
From what I've read, lots of people are excited for the new anniversary series. I guess it was a good choice if the majority like it.

I think in a lot of nations it's prohibited to have guards from the opposite gender. For obvious reasons.
I liked Inbound Troubles myself. So the new one might be good too.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

I think in a lot of nations it's prohibited to have guards from the opposite gender. For obvious reasons.

The problems exist of course, they get fired really quick. The ones that do last though, usually have some kind of power thing going on for them.
I don't deny it's funny, just not quite what I had imagined for people trying to fight for the awards and stuff. I'd tell you my review of the first episode, but I've been fighting off a cold so I spent most of the episode snoozing =p

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

The problems exist of course, they get fired really quick. The ones that do last though, usually have some kind of power thing going on for them.
I don't deny it's funny, just not quite what I had imagined for people trying to fight for the awards and stuff. I'd tell you my review of the first episode, but I've been fighting off a cold so I spent most of the episode snoozing =p

Seeing how some prisoners are able to get their hands on a lot of "outside" things it's no wonder. Corruption doesn't stop with prison walls. And guards might turn a blind eye.
I'm fighting a cold too at the moment lol but yeah Tiger Cubs 2 started too! Haven't watched the first episode yet though.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Seeing how some prisoners are able to get their hands on a lot of "outside" things it's no wonder. Corruption doesn't stop with prison walls. And guards might turn a blind eye.
I'm fighting a cold too at the moment lol but yeah Tiger Cubs 2 started too! Haven't watched the first episode yet though.

Yea, but it's not easy. We're not robots, we're all human beings in different roles, but we can relate on a human level.
Oh yea I'm going to save that for the weekend though, Saturdays are dull, nothing in Chinese or English to watch =p

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi

Yea, but it's not easy. We're not robots, we're all human beings in different roles, but we can relate on a human level.
Oh yea I'm going to save that for the weekend though, Saturdays are dull, nothing in Chinese or English to watch =p

Yup I'm not blaming them entirely. Law is different shades of grey if you ask me. There seldom is simply black and white...
Same. It's one and a half hour long after all. Yesterday was too late to watch anyway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff