I don't care 0.20782567947516 20.8% [ 1774 ]
Total Votes:[ 8536 ]

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Kaoru_Koishii
HEY! Aaron and Ada, you guys are still here ! I can’t believe the last time I posted was in 2011 (250 pages ago)! sweatdrop hope you all are still doing well. heart I’m currently waiting on deep in the realm of conscience and recently rewatched beyond the realm of conscience lol xp

Oh wow XD Hello stranger. Long time no see. I totally thought Deep in the Realm of Conscience was going to be out by now. I was told they were doing 6 anniversary series, but it didn't happen. I think they're saving it for more popular drama spots. Right now they're doing the post CNY comedies that aren't that great in case nobody is watching.
Patience, I'm sure it will come out in the next couple of months.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

Who knows, maybe to whoever it appeals to and can sit through the whole thing, something came of it? I'm hoping that the skills and money put into it did something.

Well yeah. I bet there are people who enjoy it. Maybe it just isn't for everyone.

Just started the weekend one...it seems they're putting anything that might be of a serious topic, mental health, disabilities, and anything of a sexual nature on the weekend. This new one is about Mandy Wong have dissociative identity disorder and her having to hide it to maintain her image. I like the topic, but too comedic for my taste so far. I'm going to keep watching just because I like to learn Chinese name for psychological terms haha.

Sounds like quite a challenging role too. I know the feeling haha I'm always curious how certain terms used professionally are being called in Chinese. Cause I don't get to learn them otherwise as even my parents don't know those terms.

Hey sorry for the uber late reply. I was away on a work training thing and just got back yesterday.
Internal Affairs ended yesterday, the comments I read noted that it was quite dull and the story ridiculous. That's too bad.
Watch Out Boss also ended. Shortest drama I have ever seen at 15 eps. Most common comment was that it was boring.
I noticed for both series the comments on the finale was "Let's just be glad it's finally over"
New series today including Birth Of A Hero – 翻生武林 – and Apple-colada – 果欄中的江湖大嫂 First episodes for both weren't terribly fantastic. BoaH was kind of painful, A-C wasn't great but ok for a first ep. I think it goes back to my usual attitude of we shall have to see

Yeah I saw the pics on Facebook so I figured you were away. No worries xD I'll be gone this weekend until mid next week too xD
Aw that's really too bad. I've been seeing the trailer to Birth Of A Hero frequently and I must say it does look like one of their dull 'wanna be funny' dramas.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

Who knows, maybe to whoever it appeals to and can sit through the whole thing, something came of it? I'm hoping that the skills and money put into it did something.

Well yeah. I bet there are people who enjoy it. Maybe it just isn't for everyone.

Just started the weekend one...it seems they're putting anything that might be of a serious topic, mental health, disabilities, and anything of a sexual nature on the weekend. This new one is about Mandy Wong have dissociative identity disorder and her having to hide it to maintain her image. I like the topic, but too comedic for my taste so far. I'm going to keep watching just because I like to learn Chinese name for psychological terms haha.

Sounds like quite a challenging role too. I know the feeling haha I'm always curious how certain terms used professionally are being called in Chinese. Cause I don't get to learn them otherwise as even my parents don't know those terms.

Hey sorry for the uber late reply. I was away on a work training thing and just got back yesterday.
Internal Affairs ended yesterday, the comments I read noted that it was quite dull and the story ridiculous. That's too bad.
Watch Out Boss also ended. Shortest drama I have ever seen at 15 eps. Most common comment was that it was boring.
I noticed for both series the comments on the finale was "Let's just be glad it's finally over"
New series today including Birth Of A Hero – 翻生武林 – and Apple-colada – 果欄中的江湖大嫂 First episodes for both weren't terribly fantastic. BoaH was kind of painful, A-C wasn't great but ok for a first ep. I think it goes back to my usual attitude of we shall have to see

Yeah I saw the pics on Facebook so I figured you were away. No worries xD I'll be gone this weekend until mid next week too xD
Aw that's really too bad. I've been seeing the trailer to Birth Of A Hero frequently and I must say it does look like one of their dull 'wanna be funny' dramas.

Enjoy your trip!
It's desperate desire to be funny makes it hard to watch.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks! And I'm back xD

That's what I thought it looked like when I saw the trailer.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks! And I'm back xD

Welcome back! Did you enjoy your trip?

I must admit though, I am still watching it, and had a few good laughs.
....OMG TVB series? I lost track of them long ago!!!!!

What are some titles that I can look up? I like to watch the ancient Chinese setting. Or wuxia. I don't mind if it's 5 or 10 years ago either. xD

I actually just looked up on google, but would like some recommendations on this site. If not, it's fine to ignore this post.
10 miles peach blossom

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Yume-SD
....OMG TVB series? I lost track of them long ago!!!!!

What are some titles that I can look up? I like to watch the ancient Chinese setting. Or wuxia. I don't mind if it's 5 or 10 years ago either. xD

I actually just looked up on google, but would like some recommendations on this site. If not, it's fine to ignore this post.

Ancient setting wise, I would say the further back you go the better 90s or early 2000s. I feel like I've gone to more Mainland productions for any Ancient or Wuxia because they're willing to do the work (and have the budget), whereas TVB does more comedy and modern topics in costume. Don't think there's anything in the last decade that I would recommend.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
lilly_angel1994
10 miles peach blossom

That one's not bad. But I just love anything with Vin Zhang in it.
Chosan
Ancient setting wise, I would say the further back you go the better 90s or early 2000s. I feel like I've gone to more Mainland productions for any Ancient or Wuxia because they're willing to do the work (and have the budget), whereas TVB does more comedy and modern topics in costume. Don't think there's anything in the last decade that I would recommend.

Really? Nothing in the last decade you would recommend? Too bad. If I'm desperate enough, I'll look them up eventually. xD Thanks for the reply!

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Yume-SD
Chosan

Really? Nothing in the last decade you would recommend? Too bad. If I'm desperate enough, I'll look them up eventually. xD Thanks for the reply!

Hmm one came to mind, but I couldn't remember how long ago it was, The Confidant from 2012 wasn't too bad. I think that's the last time TVB did a decent Ancient Setting one. Can't believe that was 6 years ago now.
TVB I think moved into doing Period setting...probably cheaper to do, but now they don't do too many of those.
I've learned that if you see Kenneth Ma, you're unlikely to see anything of a serious nature.

And you're welcome XD
Fav Actor
- Wayne Lai

Fav Actress
- Niki Chow

Right now at the top of my head, hmm..fav is "A Change of Heart" whee
Chosan
Hmm one came to mind, but I couldn't remember how long ago it was, The Confidant from 2012 wasn't too bad. I think that's the last time TVB did a decent Ancient Setting one. Can't believe that was 6 years ago now.
TVB I think moved into doing Period setting...probably cheaper to do, but now they don't do too many of those.
I've learned that if you see Kenneth Ma, you're unlikely to see anything of a serious nature.

And you're welcome XD

So sorry for the late, late reply! Thank you very much! I'll look it up!

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks! And I'm back xD

Oh sorry for the super late reply. sweatdrop Quite a lot at hand these past weeks.

And yes had a great trip. Very nice palace in southern Germany!

Haha that's good. I've been watching a lot of Netflix stuff lately. No time for TVB except the usual paranormal talk shows xD

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks! And I'm back xD

Oh sorry for the super late reply. sweatdrop Quite a lot at hand these past weeks.

And yes had a great trip. Very nice palace in southern Germany!

Haha that's good. I've been watching a lot of Netflix stuff lately. No time for TVB except the usual paranormal talk shows xD

No worries XD We all have things to do, lives to live, people to see.

Ooh a palace.

I think a lot of us have started deviating from TVB...sad to say even me. But it's good one one place lulls I'll watch something else. Netflix to Mainland drama to TVB.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff