• Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

Enjoy your trip!
It's desperate desire to be funny makes it hard to watch.

Thanks! And I'm back xD

That's what I thought it looked like when I saw the trailer.

Welcome back! Did you enjoy your trip?

I must admit though, I am still watching it, and had a few good laughs.

Oh sorry for the super late reply. sweatdrop Quite a lot at hand these past weeks.

And yes had a great trip. Very nice palace in southern Germany!

Haha that's good. I've been watching a lot of Netflix stuff lately. No time for TVB except the usual paranormal talk shows xD

No worries XD We all have things to do, lives to live, people to see.

Ooh a palace.

I think a lot of us have started deviating from TVB...sad to say even me. But it's good one one place lulls I'll watch something else. Netflix to Mainland drama to TVB.

And again sweatdrop I somehow forgot about gaia and didn't went online.

Yeah it's called Neuschwanstein and it's a palace in Southern Germany. Built by a king to fulfil his architectural dreams.

Yeah at least we have some alternatives xD
I like Myazaki because of his art work, I am sad that he is retired sad

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

Enjoy your trip!
It's desperate desire to be funny makes it hard to watch.

Thanks! And I'm back xD

That's what I thought it looked like when I saw the trailer.

Oh sorry for the super late reply. sweatdrop Quite a lot at hand these past weeks.

Haha that's good. I've been watching a lot of Netflix stuff lately. No time for TVB except the usual paranormal talk shows xD

Ooh a palace.

I think a lot of us have started deviating from TVB...sad to say even me. But it's good one one place lulls I'll watch something else. Netflix to Mainland drama to TVB.

Yeah it's called Neuschwanstein and it's a palace in Southern Germany. Built by a king to fulfil his architectural dreams.

Haha same, I am on sometimes, but very infrequent now.

Nice, hopefully I have time for a holiday soon.

If you do need a TVB series Daddy Cool is pretty good. The new guy did a pretty good job.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

Ooh a palace.

If you do need a TVB series Daddy Cool is pretty good. The new guy did a pretty good job.

Haha being quite busy lately doesn't help it either xD

I'll be going to HK and China later this month. Won't be on until August too xD

Sounds good. I watched tidbits of several dramas lately, but didn't follow anything in particular.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

Ooh a palace.

Sounds good. I watched tidbits of several dramas lately, but didn't follow anything in particular.

And that's why Adult Gaians are a rare breed XD

I'll probably be going to HK in September XD looks like we'll be ships passing in the night.

I don't blame you, things aren't done that great these days. Watching Beyond the Realm 2. I don't know if I've been watching too many Mainland costume series, or if TVB is getting rusty at them, but they have set the bar low on costume traditions. Thank god for veterans like Steven Ma for keeping up some of the Ancient traditional speak to make it somewhat convincing.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

Ooh a palace.

I'll probably be going to HK in September XD looks like we'll be ships passing in the night.

I don't blame you, things aren't done that great these days. Watching Beyond the Realm 2. I don't know if I've been watching too many Mainland costume series, or if TVB is getting rusty at them, but they have set the bar low on costume traditions. Thank god for veterans like Steven Ma for keeping up some of the Ancient traditional speak to make it somewhat convincing.

True xD

Oh no. That's a close one. Could have met up otherwise xD I'm already afraid of the heat awaiting me there haha seeing the news about their current heat wave doesn't help either lol

But isn't it a co-production with Mainland? I heard they delayed the airing of the Mainland version (rumors say due to censorship reasons).

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

Ooh a palace.

True xD

Oh no. That's a close one. Could have met up otherwise xD I'm already afraid of the heat awaiting me there haha seeing the news about their current heat wave doesn't help either lol

But isn't it a co-production with Mainland? I heard they delayed the airing of the Mainland version (rumors say due to censorship reasons).

Everyone is telling me that it'll still be hot in September, but I'm kind of excited to eat mooncake there...dunno why but it feels like it would be more real to eat mooncake in China.

Haven't really noticed too much Mainland influence with the exception of the ultra long theme song. Openings are usually 1 min for TVB, but Mainlands are somewhere around 1:30 to 2 mins which is what this one is like. Threw me off when I tried to skip past it the first ep. Maybe it's the way Cantonese is spoken, but there were so many parts of dialogue where my brain was like "please don't use 70s Canto slang in a costume period"

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

True xD

Everyone is telling me that it'll still be hot in September, but I'm kind of excited to eat mooncake there...dunno why but it feels like it would be more real to eat mooncake in China.

Haven't really noticed too much Mainland influence with the exception of the ultra long theme song. Openings are usually 1 min for TVB, but Mainlands are somewhere around 1:30 to 2 mins which is what this one is like. Threw me off when I tried to skip past it the first ep. Maybe it's the way Cantonese is spoken, but there were so many parts of dialogue where my brain was like "please don't use 70s Canto slang in a costume period"

I haven't celebrated Mid-Autumn Festival in China so far. Would be nice for a change =D CNY feels better in China too.

Maybe Mainland was only providing the funds I don't know. Seems legit to let TVB handle the production. Haha 70s? For the younger folks that's ancient already. Maybe that's why xD

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

True xD

I haven't celebrated Mid-Autumn Festival in China so far. Would be nice for a change =D CNY feels better in China too.

Maybe Mainland was only providing the funds I don't know. Seems legit to let TVB handle the production. Haha 70s? For the younger folks that's ancient already. Maybe that's why xD

You know a couple of years back I went in December, Christmas was awesome in Hong Kong. Their decorations were just so nice and different. Here I swear they use the same decorations until someone complains....20 something years later lol.

My disdain for the younger generation and their lack of attention for details. And yet if there's a water bottle or some other blooper, the younger generation will catch that in a heartbeat while I blindly ignore that someone is wearing a watch XD I'm a hypocrite.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

True xD

You know a couple of years back I went in December, Christmas was awesome in Hong Kong. Their decorations were just so nice and different. Here I swear they use the same decorations until someone complains....20 something years later lol.

My disdain for the younger generation and their lack of attention for details. And yet if there's a water bottle or some other blooper, the younger generation will catch that in a heartbeat while I blindly ignore that someone is wearing a watch XD I'm a hypocrite.

Christmas in HK sounds really wonderful. I like the decorations in Asia way more in general. Also their interior designs are great. Even for big chains.

Hahaha I guess it's just different details we're looking at. Whatever we're more familiar with.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

True xD

Christmas in HK sounds really wonderful. I like the decorations in Asia way more in general. Also their interior designs are great. Even for big chains.

Hahaha I guess it's just different details we're looking at. Whatever we're more familiar with.

I suppose they have a better budget and care more about aesthetics than companies here. But hard to say, the world is constantly changing including people's values.

I was reading some article about an old veteran TVB actor was saying that the people working at TVB these days "don't care" the same way they used to. He said that actors worked better together and cared about the end product. Nowadays it's about getting it done and on to the next project.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

I suppose they have a better budget and care more about aesthetics than companies here. But hard to say, the world is constantly changing including people's values.

I was reading some article about an old veteran TVB actor was saying that the people working at TVB these days "don't care" the same way they used to. He said that actors worked better together and cared about the end product. Nowadays it's about getting it done and on to the next project.

Not necessarily budget...I was also thinking of bars and small restaurants. Which don't have a massive budget. I'd say they do care more about aesthetics. Or the customers do.

That might be true. And TVB being famous for paying less doesn't help. With declining movie biz over there maybe the young actors don't see a reason to stand out. And the younger generations tend to be less responsible that's true.

10,400 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Trick or Treat 100
I never knew this thread existed but I'm really glad it does! LOL! I grew up with TVB series and I really loved Dicky Cheung and Bennie Chan when they played Sun Wukong in Journey to the West (1996) ; o ;/ It's definitely my favorite series of all time despite it being almost the same age as myself. All the small details TVB puts into their series during that era were just amazing!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff