• Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

Dayo's series ends today =( and I don't know how I feel about the next few upcoming series. Sigh. And all the non TVB shows I watch are on their mid-season break. Maybe I'll pick up video games again lol.

I'm in a similar situation. Got a few movies to watch and an anime series (been some time I watched a series), that's it. But I never dropped video games ;p

I haven't really been able to play any video games in the last year. At most I'll play for 2 weeks but my heart won't be in it. I refuse to believe in the possibility that I might be growing out of video games. I'm convinced that I'm simply waiting for the sims 4 to come out with some better looking graphics and less gameplay/technical problems.

There are times when I nearly don't play at all and then there are times when I got nothing to watch and I spent a lot of my free time on video games. Also it depends if there is a new game that I really like to play. Yup once you're a gamer you'll always be curious about how the next game turned out.

Some days I'm just really tired and I don't feel like doing anything. What I like about TV, is that I don't have to think anymore. Life requires so much brain power, TVB only requires that I veg out haha.

Problem is when it doesn't require any brain power and tired to begin with then I'll definitely fall asleep xD And time is too precious to be spent sleeping in my opinion. I always end up with not enough sleep. xD
That's true, if I'm bored out of my mind I'm not really engaged at all, I will sleep which is also therapeutic haha. I don't get enough sleep, and it will start to show quickly in my moods. So for me, if I sleep, I still win haha.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

I haven't really been able to play any video games in the last year. At most I'll play for 2 weeks but my heart won't be in it. I refuse to believe in the possibility that I might be growing out of video games. I'm convinced that I'm simply waiting for the sims 4 to come out with some better looking graphics and less gameplay/technical problems.

There are times when I nearly don't play at all and then there are times when I got nothing to watch and I spent a lot of my free time on video games. Also it depends if there is a new game that I really like to play. Yup once you're a gamer you'll always be curious about how the next game turned out.

Some days I'm just really tired and I don't feel like doing anything. What I like about TV, is that I don't have to think anymore. Life requires so much brain power, TVB only requires that I veg out haha.

Problem is when it doesn't require any brain power and tired to begin with then I'll definitely fall asleep xD And time is too precious to be spent sleeping in my opinion. I always end up with not enough sleep. xD
That's true, if I'm bored out of my mind I'm not really engaged at all, I will sleep which is also therapeutic haha. I don't get enough sleep, and it will start to show quickly in my moods. So for me, if I sleep, I still win haha.

But if I fall asleep while watching TV I often end up doing it in uncomfortable half upright positions. When I wake up my neck hurts xD

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

But if I fall asleep while watching TV I often end up doing it in uncomfortable half upright positions. When I wake up my neck hurts xD
ah you must sit when you watch TV. I lay on my bed haha.

Merry Christmas! I hope you spend a lot of time with your family and get some wonderful gifts!

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

Merry Christmas! I hope you spend a lot of time with your family and get some wonderful gifts!

I'd definitely fall asleep when I watch TV on my bed biggrin

Merry Christmas to you too. Have a good time =)

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

For me if I sit, I end up doing other things...like snacking...which is bad. Sleep seems like the healthier of the two.
The new series Coffee Cat Mama, it's been a while since we've seen something almost directly translated like that, is not bad. it's funny and it's meant to be funny. It's worth a chuckle. On the other hand, the other one with Crystal, is starting to get funny. For me, it's mostly because of veteran actor KK Cheung, he really cracks me up. Lee Sing Cheung is also quite funny. As the saying goes, the older the ginger the spicier.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

For me if I sit, I end up doing other things...like snacking...which is bad. Sleep seems like the healthier of the two.
The new series Coffee Cat Mama, it's been a while since we've seen something almost directly translated like that, is not bad. it's funny and it's meant to be funny. It's worth a chuckle. On the other hand, the other one with Crystal, is starting to get funny. For me, it's mostly because of veteran actor KK Cheung, he really cracks me up. Lee Sing Cheung is also quite funny. As the saying goes, the older the ginger the spicier.

Yeah sleep is definitely healthier xD
Coffee Cat Mama has got some nice cast too. And yeah as always the veteran's seldom let us down. I'd have to say that I know KK Cheung more in serious roles though. Lee Sing Cheung is brilliant in evil and comedic roles. But I also love seeing him in good guy roles even though that happens a lot less.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

Coffee Cat Mama has got some nice cast too. And yeah as always the veteran's seldom let us down. I'd have to say that I know KK Cheung more in serious roles though. Lee Sing Cheung is brilliant in evil and comedic roles. But I also love seeing him in good guy roles even though that happens a lot less.

I am most familiar with him doing seriously evil roles. I have seen him in other types, but he seems pretty well rounded. I like his roles whenever he isn't seriously evil, because he does it so well his character starts to bother me. Lee Sign Cheung is pretty funny as he can be evil, I kinda feel sorry how they always play on his need for a wig in modern series though.

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

I am most familiar with him doing seriously evil roles. I have seen him in other types, but he seems pretty well rounded. I like his roles whenever he isn't seriously evil, because he does it so well his character starts to bother me. Lee Sign Cheung is pretty funny as he can be evil, I kinda feel sorry how they always play on his need for a wig in modern series though.

That and the earnest scholarly type I have in mind. And yeah when someone really is convincing on an evil role. You start to hate him haha. And both of them are very convincing.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

That and the earnest scholarly type I have in mind. And yeah when someone really is convincing on an evil role. You start to hate him haha. And both of them are very convincing.

The worst part is, most of the time these villains don't get recognized for a job well done. The only one I can think of was Tavia. Which is why I love her so much. Her evil was just so good, they could not deny her an award. How awesome is that?!

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

The worst part is, most of the time these villains don't get recognized for a job well done. The only one I can think of was Tavia. Which is why I love her so much. Her evil was just so good, they could not deny her an award. How awesome is that?!

So true. Many people are afraid of playing evil roles since when the producer see them doing well they might be permanently pushed to the 'evil side' haha And villains certainly doesn't get popularity awards. Yeah she was a big exception and that proves the rule.

Desirable Player

Can anyone recommend me some worth watching Chinese drama? Thank you!

有人可以推荐几部中国的电视剧吗?谢啦!

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
simply PURE

有人可以推荐几部中国的电视剧吗?谢啦!

Is there a particular genre you like most? Or list some of the dramas you've seen and liked so we can get an idea what to recommend.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

So true. Many people are afraid of playing evil roles since when the producer see them doing well they might be permanently pushed to the 'evil side' haha And villains certainly doesn't get popularity awards. Yeah she was a big exception and that proves the rule.

And for them,they are paid to be popular. Can you blame em for not wanting to play villainous roles? I don't know if you remember the guy who played Fan Geng or his real name Cheung Wing Hong. He's been playing some semi evil characters lately and he's gotten some recognition, but is he hugely popular...not quite.

Witty Cutie-Pie

15,525 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
simply PURE

有人可以推荐几部中国的电视剧吗?谢啦!

Also are you looking for something more recent? or do you mean anything from any time. When you say Chinese do you mean Cantonese or does that include Mandarin, mainland series?

Lonely Seeker

19,265 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan
Dereshi
Chosan

And for them,they are paid to be popular. Can you blame em for not wanting to play villainous roles? I don't know if you remember the guy who played Fan Geng or his real name Cheung Wing Hong. He's been playing some semi evil characters lately and he's gotten some recognition, but is he hugely popular...not quite.

No, I guess we can't blame them. Quite a few veterans I like are famous for villainous roles though. I don't think I know him. But yeah that shows how popularity does not necessarily come with performance. Sometimes I get the feeling people only rate stars by cuteness.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff