• Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
(ฅ• . •ฅ)ﻌﻌﻌ heart heart heart

Blessed Cleric

7,825 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
I was driving into town, a man was holding a sign for help by the cross walk.
His health insurance dropped him, he couldn't afford diabetic supplies.
I pulled in a gas station, parked my car, used the cross walk, and handed the man ten dollars.
He was very grateful, told me god bless you.

[Soy]'s Waifu

Rainbow Entrepreneur

OG Bear

12,300 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
Munchy Snorlax
Church Fall Retreat!
I remember a couple years back the church in my neighborhood was cleaning the streets in the city and helping out homeless shelters. I remember a little girl coming up to us and giving us all a kind of haiwaiian necklace she and a few other kids made. That was the first time I ever did anything like that and I felt good about it. That was one of my favorite moments.
My first paycheck from my job tat i started just over a year ago, i used most of the money to help a homeless shelter expand and afford more food and suitable bedding for the homeless, my paycheck was over £1500/$2000 i had £200/$350 left for myself the rest was donated, i am proud of the fact i helped the homeless and since ive donated each month £200/$350 to different shelters in my area smile

Hilarious Conversationalist

8,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100
Schweinfurt
Child in the forest
I have a friend who suffers from depression, and she was seriously considering suicide. I stayed up until the morning talking to her. I asked her what was troubling her and we had a very long conversation. I told her she was important to me and that I diddn't want her to die. And I wrote her a long poem talking about a child lost in the forest and a father calling out to the child. I told her that it was her and I described what was going on in her life and making the choice to wander farther in that dark and evil forest or turning back and following the direction of the voice before she wandered so far that she couldn't hear. The poem just flowed out because of the emotions I had for my friend. And the next day she was posting uplifting things on her facebook instead of the dark sad and death she was previously posting. She's doing better now and I will always watch her.

Pigyz_Sempai's Pardner

Fashionable Cat

*witchy cat panther
* Teacher pet
* in early middle school (I am a lot older now btw) I was picked on so bad that basically a whole class would gang up on me except for like 3 people (a lot of my friends in school were higher level than me) and the teacher which they did nothing. except for one teacher I had. she was rather tough and a lot of the students were not a big fan of her. well when we started the class she realized what was going on and protected me from it. now she was not like wonder woman or anything but she made me feel safe in her class room and I would always go to her if there was a problem and for help so she was more or less my friend in school and not only did she stop me from doing something bad to myself but she also gave me some hope for future school and she was right I made it past all those miserable school years. she also told me that I shouldn't give up and hide because there's a reason I have a passion to draw. now I have a job and working on what I love to do with my cat. I still talk to her sometimes but not as much as I wish I could.

Fluffy Cat

16,175 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Pet Trainer 150
I remember one time in school the teacher got mad at me and started lecturing me about something in front of the class. I don't even remember what it was now, but I was so embarrassed and trying hard not to cry. A few minutes later (still trying not to cry, but it was hard), a girl tapped me on the shoulder and handed me a piece of candy. Maybe thinking it would make me feel better? I don't know why, but I'll always remember that. Kind of dumb, but when someone mentions doing an act of kindness, that one incident always comes to my mind.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
* Username: Reiko Iwamaru

* Title of story: How Sweet Kindness Tastes

* The Story: My friend, Naiela and I, sometime in the summer of 2011, were at a public pool. Naiela's mom said after this, we'd go get some ice cream at Baskin Robbin's. This was on a Tuesday, and on Tuesday, all ice-cream is half-off at Baskin Robbin's. Naiela's mom gave Nai and I some money to buy us two ice cream cones. At the register, it was 10 dollars and 45 cents. We only had 10 dollars, but coins? We had no coins with us...

I was about to go back to the car and get some, but one of the employee's there put 45 cents into the register and told us it was okay. He had basically paid for our ice cream with his own money, which I know was the sweetest thing in the world..

Naiela was making fun of him a bit because his vocals sounded very feminine, so I nudged her and whispered to her, "Don't be like that! He was nice!"

That very day affected me because it was very generous of him to pay for the ice-cream using his own money, so I decided to dedicate myself to donating some money every time I see a donation box.

Sparkly Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Magical Girl 50
emotion_bigheart

I love reading all these stories!!

Fashionable Miko

13,050 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Married 100
Ando says:

Username: Ando Panda
Title of Story: How to save a life
Story:
I lost my cousin to suicide on September 20th. It really has devastated my family since, leaving us to accept that we won't be able to live life normally for a long time. I've been dealing with it by letting myself move on and knowing that he'd want me to live happily even without him.

A few days ago there was someone who came in to the Starbucks that I work at and sat down at a table. He was a boy in his mid-20's and was with his friend. While cleaning the glass next to his table, I overhead the girl telling him, "You can't kill yourself. Do you know what that would do to your family and friends?" and he responded, "I can't. I can't get rid of this awful feeling. I consistently doubt that anyone does care even when it's right in front of me". At that moment, I felt compelled to say something...so I did. So, I walked to their table and took a deep breath, preparing myself so I wouldn't cry,

"I'm sorry to interrupt. I don't know you, but I accidentally heard what you just said...and I care. I don't know you, and I care. Your friend cares. Your mother, your father, your friend, girlfriend or boyfriend, your brother, your sister, your family, your coworkers - all these people care about you. I lost my cousin over a month ago and I'm still trying to pick up the pieces. Your life does matter, and if you keep living, you'll see that it does, and that things will change. So please, don't do it."

His friend got up and hugged me for saying what I did. And so did he. I asked if he'd like a cup of coffee on me and we could talk. We spent the next hour talking. He told me everything troubling him, and it turns out that we have a lot in common. He's gay, like I am, in a family that is close-minded, old fashioned, and very religious. He has trust issues because he had an ex that abused him. By the end of it, he thanked me for reaching out to him. He said he'd come by in a few days so he can let me know how he's doing, and his last words to me that day were, "Thank you for saving me".

Maybe I couldn't save my cousin, no matter how much I want to go back and stop him from doing what he did. But this...this makes it feel okay.

blah blah blah

Relentless Hunter

42,625 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Fusion Master 1000
It was a really small thing but a coworker of mine who is probably close to twice my age thinks my cosplay is really cool. I was bummed a couple weeks ago because I couldn't start a new one till I got the pattern and the fabric stores around me didn't have it in the right size for the right price. Never buy full price patterns. She offered to get it for me since she has fabric stores on the way home from work.

She found it for cheap and brought it to me the next day. That woman would give me the shirt off her back if she thought I needed it and in the grand scheme of things, I'm just her wiseass coworker who's been there less than a year.

Unholy Loiterer

12,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Abomination 100
Baked Gewds
Christmas isn't for being sad.

My most recent accomplishment was this previous Christmas. The economy has been so bad recently. I myself didn't have an actual job at the time either, but I wanted to help someone out. I had been chosen to be left behind this Christmas as the family went to Florida so I could dogsit. I didn't mind too much especially since I had just got out of surgery so I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the vacation anyways.

I decided to hop on FB one day and noticed a story that had been shared about one of my friends nephews. His parents both OD'ed and he had been passed onto her. I felt so bad.. he was only 3, so I know he really didn't comprehend it. My friend wasn't doing much better than I financially, so I told her I'd help her out that Christmas, especially since she has 2 kids of her own already and was on the WIC program, living in low income apartments.

Now like I said I didn't have a job either at this point, but I still wanted to help. I luckily can draw decently enough that people pay me for it. Crazy I know. xD
So for about a month I saved up and ended up with a little under $200. I went to Walmart one night and bought that little boy, along with her kids, lots of toys and gifties. I helped her with her Christmas dinner too.

That Christmas morning they came to my house to unwrap stuff.

I've never been so happy to help someone, especially a little boy who will hopefully use these happy memories to help him through his bad ones in the future.

Here is a picture we took of him that morning at my house opening his stuff.

I think this is really the most I've ever talked about it to anyone but her and my family. I don't think it's right to ask for praise for doing good deeds, but this is a contest specifically for it right? I will be bringing them more gifts this year. We are still very close. :3

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces