Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Giver

10,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Trader 100
*Kidd Kali
* A Thoughtful Word can save lives
* Well back in my 8th grade year, there was this guy who just moved near the school. He had a big nose so everyone was calling him names and messing with him. But, I have this principle that I must be kind and get to know new people because well who knows they could be my friend! Well he was sitting alone and I walked up to him and said " Salutations fellow student! My name is Chantal and if you don't mind I would like to sit next to you" (actual quote by the way XD) Well I have a nature to be weird; however, he moved his backpack and motion me to sit. I was happy and from then on we became friends. Until one day, someone spread a rumor about me and him saying that we use to go together but he broke up with me and now he wanna go back out with me. Someone told me that he spread it. I'm like " What the heck! I just met the dude!" So I went and ask him and he swore to me that he didn't say it. Well I was really mad and I didn't talk to him for like a week. Then I felt bad so I text him saying, "Get over to my house and lets eat some tacos and let me cuddle your face off and lemme beat you in videogames" He came over and I told him, "I'm sorry... I was just really mad and well I don't like to be in the center of the attention so to speak. Besides, you're my bro and we gotta stick together, right?"
Few years past and we are the besties of friends! He text me and said "Do you remember what today is?" I'm like "Taco day?" (I'm slow XD) and he said, "No, today is the day you saved my life." I was like whuuu? So he told me that before we met he was thinking about committing suicide and the bullying at the new school made it worst. He said he was going to commit suicide that night until he met me. He said without me, he wouldn't be here. sad His name is Deven biggrin and even though he goes to another school we still keep in touch! That event happen almost 4 years ago and he is still my best friend. XD Kinda cheesy huh?

Philosophizing Smoker

44,800 Points
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
  • Winged 100
  • Master Slayer 200
"...of the crooked timber of humanity...

Recently, my sister went missing (on the 29th of September). We organised huge search efforts for her, and the whole community came together to help us and offer their support... we had hundreds of supporters, who didn't even know Genna or our family... a distant friend of mine, who is a mother of four (two of whom are autistic), devoted countless hours of every day to trying to find my sister.

Unfortunately, Genna was found (deceased) on a local beach, on the 2nd of November. Through our time of grieving, we have had countless people (hundreds, if not thousands), offering their support... we've even had thousands of dollars donated, to help with the funeral costs. There was a huge turnout for her funeral... and her obituary is full of condolences. We now have a Facebook group, in her remembrance

I will feel forever blessed by the amazing support of the community, and it will always remain a strong memory, compelling me to help others who are in need.

...no straight thing was ever made."

Dangerous Vampire

6,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Generous 100
Azure_Scotticus
The Sadness Destroyed;
I was at school the other day, and I saw a human crying! It made me feel really bad. It seemed like nobody had time to help this poor person out. This triggered the approach. I slowly moved next to the person, and I asked if he or she needed help. The person told me that today was the 5th anniversary of his or her mother's death. I simply listened, gave them some advice, and was very polite. We are now good friends! biggrin

Sweet Kitten

9,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
siskataya

*Username Swan Princess Ahiru
* Title of story Kindness that went beyond the scope of family
* I was about 11 years old at the time.... my sister had just died. We buried her in Troy Alabama.... and had just returned to Florida. My mother... was deeply effected by my sister's loss. Three days after we went back to Tampa FL.... she ran her dodge minivan into a full dump truck. She later confided to me that it was a suicide attempt.

My mother broke both femurs, her left hip, ruptured her liver and serveral other internal organs. Her spleen was removed, she had a concussion. Infact, she had been pronounced dead at the scene. That was how close to death my mother came that day.

My grandmother... was over 50 years old at the time She dropped everything, her career, her social life, everything to come down to Florida and to get me and my three sisters. She accepted us all into her home and helped nurse my mother back to health. My grandmother had already raised three daughters and one grand daughter. She didnt need to do it all over again.... just when she was reaching her retirement age. She should have been out... having fun with her friends and traveling the world. But, she accepted the task of helping me and my sisters... ages 1, and 7.... I was 11.

I remember them putting my mother in a hospital bed in my grandmother's living room. Mom could not walk upstairs or at all. Mom still has problems walking.

Point is... even though she is family.... all she would have had to have done was to give me and my 7 year old sister to my father, put mom in a nursing home and keep my 1 year old sister. (we didnt share the same father my 1 yr old sister and I, though my 7 y/o sister did.) She didnt have to keep us together, and she didnt have to sign onto the hardships of raising three kids, and taking care of a disabled woman alone.

She took a second job to keep us all under her roof.
All of the stories here are so good!
I'm tipping so much. 3nodding

Devoted Lover

12,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
——————————————————————————————————————————————————
ѕιηηу ѕαуѕ
———————————————————————————————————

*Username- HornySin
* Title of story - the day my aunts life was saved.
A long time ago, when my aunt was just a child of perhaps 5/6 she had gotten really sick. ie. whatever she ate she would throw back up. At the time there was no cure for this, she started puking blood and was very sickly. After visiting the hospital and staying there for what may have been the final time, the doctor had basically told my grandmother to prepare a funeral.. Hearing this, a little old lady came by and said to my aunt "Take this, it will help." and handed her something a fruit of some sort to eat. My aunt ate the fruit and asked for some water which she had not had for about 2 days. For once, it didn't come straight back up, they tried again with solid food, again she swallowed and didn't puke. Before they had gotten a chance to thank the kind stranger, she had disappeared.
To this day, we are grateful that the little lady had helped my aunt. smile

User ImageUser Image
———————————————————————————————————

Spoopy Specter

Hrm....what to say that is nice about gaia.... uhm. Idk, I am at a loss for words. Maybe...your artists work with transparency has improved?

12,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
*Username: yummycupcakessparkles
* Title of story: Christmas Charities on Gaia
* I received by a generous donator 3 mill. gold and I want to thank them for being so generous and nice. Gaia needs more generous and kind people, not mean people who hurt other peoples feelings. The Christmas charities are wonderful kind ways of earning gold and having fun, I want to thank everyone who makes them worthwhile and fun.

Sparkly Explorer

Ramiele

Gift of life on 11/12/13 smile

My husband had a bone marrow transplant yesterday! His sister gave him the best and most kindest gift you could ever imagine, the gift of life! I am so blessed that her kindness and selflessness has given us hope and a future. I talked about how nervous I was in this CB thread I made a few hours before the transplant, and have been fairly open about it. I am just so blessed that someone, whether it was his sister or a stranger, was so kind. Throughout my husband cancer and Aplastic Anemia ordeal, he has had countless blood and platelet donations - so many gifts of life!

In order to give back, I've joined the national bone marrow registry at www.bethematch.org so I can give the kind of gift that was given to us. I've also donated blood and platelets. I encourage anyone who is physically able and willing to give the best gift you can give as well: the gift of life! biggrin

Let me tell you, I feel SO blessed today. This is the time where it's REALLY crunch time for my husband, but still, I feel so blessed that we were lucky enough to find a match. I hope that I have the ability to give that feeling to another family! That would be the best ever gift I could give, but until then, that's the kindest thing anyone has done for me: saved the most important person in my life.

Melodious Prophet

Everaquene
The random helper
I'm a college student and well, anyone who is a college student will understand what I mean when I say there are professors that are petty sometimes. Most of the time when this professor picks on a student the class just hopes that it will pass and watches the poor suffering student, but on the day that I was being picked on a stranger stood up for me. I had to bad luck to ask a question this teacher thought was stupid and they were saying things like, "so, would you like me to teach you to count while I'm at it" and so on (It was a stats class). Well. long story short I cried and the teacher just kept at it. Then finally a student goes, "she's crying leave her be; you've made your point." We got kicked out of class for it but afterwords the student who helped me got me coffee while comforting me. We are friends now, and the teacher got fired later as well.

RAGEMELON's Wife

Beloved Genius

11,375 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
heart heart heart

Chronotix's Queen

O.G. Loiterer

12,550 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Nothakus
On last limb.
I had signed up for a survival experience where I was taught how to survive in the wilderness just on things I can find for four days. In those four days, I had eaten a total of 5 little combos pretzels. I won't go too into this as it takes away from the true purpose of the story. Anyways, The experience ended and I was still alive. I had to drive for 4 hours to get back home and didnt have any money extra money with me to stop and get anything to eat. About an hour away, my car completely broke down. It was winter and I just wanted to get back home. I walked half a hour from the highway thought snow to a gas station, where the station was nice enough to give me 5$ in gas. I put it in my car, and it still wouldn't start. Luckily, an extremely nice couple saw me on the side of the highway and stopped to ask what was going on. I explained about my survival trip, and how I was just so hungry and weak and needed to get back home. They let me sit in their car to warm up, use their cellphone, and even gave me an entire bag of beef jerky to eat while my friend drove down to get me. It was the nicest thing anyone has even done for me, and I am never going to forget it.

Mythical Benefactor

Canada-kunyo
Food for another day
Okay, so if you guys haven't heard in oklahoma in May the tornados that his near Oklahoma city and Moore. During the second tornado, it was around my graduation time, and the tornado hit around my house and my power was out for a day or so. Since there was no electricity we had to go out to eat, and we didn't have much money. My sister's and my grandma's bank account was almost empty, I work minimum wage and it wasn't pay week, my mom was heavily pregnant and just about to pop and my stepdad wasn't legal to work in this country yet. Anyway, we went to Golden corral to get unlimited food for a reasonable price. We found out at the check out thing (if you guys know how Golden Corral works then you know that you pay before you eat) that the total was going to be $77+. The guy in front of us turn around and saw our big party an must've overheard up talking about the tornado. He went up tp the pay thing before us and he payed for our big meal, sodas and all. I dont think I've loved humanity more in that moment tha I have in my whole life.

Blessed Saint

9,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
siskataya
User Image

Hey everyone!

Did you know that today is World Kindness Day? Many countries around the world use today to celebrate kindness - either being kind to others, or celebrating people who have been kind to you.

We think kindness is a fantastic thing to celebrate! Too often in this world there is negativity and unkindness. We think a community contest and hang out thread to share kindness is just what we need!

Please feel free to join in the positivity and fun and share happy thoughts of gratitude with your fellow Gaians! And hey, you never know - sharing your story about a kindness you have experienced might win you a fabulous Kindness Prize pack![/qu

Hello and warmest greetings to all fellow Gaians and to you Ms. Sisky!
May God bless each and every one of you and yours in all that you do to share the love that God asked all of us to share with one another.
Again, God bless you and your's in all that you say and do to bring honor, praise and glory to the Lord!

You're friend and brother in Jesus our Lord and Savior!,
T.S.K.
Sir A.D.III

Agile Cat

4,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Battle: Level Up 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff