Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Browser

Ando Panda
Ando says:

Username: Ando Panda
Title of Story: How to save a life
Story:
I lost my cousin to suicide on September 20th. It really has devastated my family since, leaving us to accept that we won't be able to live life normally for a long time. I've been dealing with it by letting myself move on and knowing that he'd want me to live happily even without him.

A few days ago there was someone who came in to the Starbucks that I work at and sat down at a table. He was a boy in his mid-20's and was with his friend. While cleaning the glass next to his table, I overhead the girl telling him, "You can't kill yourself. Do you know what that would do to your family and friends?" and he responded, "I can't. I can't get rid of this awful feeling. I consistently doubt that anyone does care even when it's right in front of me". At that moment, I felt compelled to say something...so I did. So, I walked to their table and took a deep breath, preparing myself so I wouldn't cry,

"I'm sorry to interrupt. I don't know you, but I accidentally heard what you just said...and I care. I don't know you, and I care. Your friend cares. Your mother, your father, your friend, girlfriend or boyfriend, your brother, your sister, your family, your coworkers - all these people care about you. I lost my cousin over a month ago and I'm still trying to pick up the pieces. Your life does matter, and if you keep living, you'll see that it does, and that things will change. So please, don't do it."

His friend got up and hugged me for saying what I did. And so did he. I asked if he'd like a cup of coffee on me and we could talk. We spent the next hour talking. He told me everything troubling him, and it turns out that we have a lot in common. He's gay, like I am, in a family that is close-minded, old fashioned, and very religious. He has trust issues because he had an ex that abused him. By the end of it, he thanked me for reaching out to him. He said he'd come by in a few days so he can let me know how he's doing, and his last words to me that day were, "Thank you for saving me".

Maybe I couldn't save my cousin, no matter how much I want to go back and stop him from doing what he did. But this...this makes it feel okay.

blah blah blah
Thank you for that
Hearing this makes me believe in humanity again
You really did an amazing thing

Bryn Grimhildr's Husband

Deadly Zealot

OwO Hello lovely peoples.

Fashionable Kitten

Yesterday my friend she messaged well she mentioned she still needs 40 mil for her dream avi, I bought her two of the of the items ^^ Along with 360k I basically gave her over a million

Popular Noob

Gaia,

Username :: iAmensu Saje
Title of Story :: The Donated Tip
Story ::
Well, this definitely won't take long. Hopefully there isn't a maximum/minimum length for these... sweatdrop Anyways, continuing onward. One time, not too long ago, in fact, (about 2-3 months) I went to a restaurant for dinner with my girlfriend (for a 1-year anniversary date). The waiter there did a fantastic job and the food was amazing (as it always is). Anyway, so many people were in bad moods and taking it out on that waiter (you could tell he was tired and not having a good night at all). He was doing his job perfectly, but they were taking their anger out on him...

By the end of our dinner we had been there for about an hour (most of the time just visiting), yet our drinks never went empty. They never even went below half a glass. He would always come and fill them up for us before they got to that point. So, when we were through and leaving, the waiter gave us the ticket for how much the food cost ($27-$30). Well, since he was having such a hard night and had done such a wonderful job with not just our dinner but everybody else's as well, I decided he deserved to be rewarded and to see his kindness and hard work paying off. How was I going to do this? Simple: I gave him a $100 tip. You could tell it made his night so much better and it made me feel so happy and it touched me that I was able to touch somebody else's life like that when they were having a rough night.

There's my story. Hope you've enjoyed it and thanks for the opportunity to share it (whether I win anything or not).

Many thanks,

Amensu

Anxious Cat

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Username: Devicatx
Title: Bear Hugs and Forgiveness

It's been a few years since this last happened but I'll never forget...

When I graduated high school, I lived on my own for about two years with the person I was seeing at the time. During that period, I was not on the best of terms with my father who had raised me as a single parent. When I had moved out, he was going through a rough time with his fiance who had kicked him out once she had her family move in. And despite this, right around the rocky time when the ex and I were about to break up, despite the tension between dad and I, my dad offered for me to move back in with him into his new place if anything were to happen. When we broke up I moved back in with my dad in the new place. It was hard for me to shake the past but if it wasn't for his kindness and forgiveness and wanting to move on and be a family I don't know where I would be now. After a few months of me moving back in with him, my father had to go on stress leave because his blood pressure was 200/100 (which if you know what that means, that means the verge of a heart attack). At this point I was only working part time and was afraid of what would happen to him and I in regards to finances. When I found out it was on my birthday. I had spoken to my manager at the place I was working at and she was amazing. She gave me the biggest bear hug of my life and that kind of kindness alone was amazing in itself. After that moment I had the courage to step up and look after my dad and I for how long it took. I worked my butt off and was promoted twice in the business so that I could help bring more money into the house hold and was able to help return my dad's kindess until he was able to be back on his feet with his health as well with the work that he does to this day now.

What goes around comes around, if it wasn't for these hard steps I wouldn't be where I'm at now. I learned to toughen up, to forgive, and to believe that even strangers can have large hearts.

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Devoted Seeker

18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
*1kaz
*Being able to do something your capable of and still enjoy it.
* I was at uni doing a project on good deeds and interviewing people, along the way heard some amazing heart warming stories, whist we were out there a person asked what course we do in uni we said Visual Communication and asked could we produce a autism volunteer poster for her. And we did of course free of charge.

Tipsy Kitten

I'm an EMT / Paramedic student.

I like to think that I'm pretty kind to all of my patients. smile

Fashionable Kitten

Oh and I just want to share the story, I don't care about prizes ^^

Devoted Lover

11,525 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Generous 100
User Name kimberly michaels

Title The love of a family is not bound by blood

When my husband Michael and I first wed we talked about having a big family 6 or 7 kids and a few years into our marriage we had 3 beautiful children 2 boys and a girl. I almost died having our daughter so we were unable to have a huge family but we were very happy with three healthy kids. Little did we know life had other plans our children had a habit of befriending children who were unwanted or just not well cared for in their own homes and slowly over the years 4 more boys started calling me mom and from about ages 9 and up each boy lived with us at one time or another. My kind husband the sole provider for the whole house paying to feed 7 children and me. 5 of those kids graduated high school from my house and started there lives and one is a senior today still living with us. They all call me mom they all love me and my husband and call each other brothers with my daughter being the beloved only sister. Even when it seemed all was lost God gave me the wish of a big family & My husband the ability to care for us all. And those kids that didn't have happy homes got to grow up in a stable loving environment knowing they were loved. This is a story where every body wins not only did we give the gift of our home and our love we received Love in return.

Fashionable Miko

13,050 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Married 100
Ando says:

Whispering Embers
Ando Panda
Ando says:

Username: Ando Panda
Title of Story: How to save a life
Story:
I lost my cousin to suicide on September 20th. It really has devastated my family since, leaving us to accept that we won't be able to live life normally for a long time. I've been dealing with it by letting myself move on and knowing that he'd want me to live happily even without him.

A few days ago there was someone who came in to the Starbucks that I work at and sat down at a table. He was a boy in his mid-20's and was with his friend. While cleaning the glass next to his table, I overhead the girl telling him, "You can't kill yourself. Do you know what that would do to your family and friends?" and he responded, "I can't. I can't get rid of this awful feeling. I consistently doubt that anyone does care even when it's right in front of me". At that moment, I felt compelled to say something...so I did. So, I walked to their table and took a deep breath, preparing myself so I wouldn't cry,

"I'm sorry to interrupt. I don't know you, but I accidentally heard what you just said...and I care. I don't know you, and I care. Your friend cares. Your mother, your father, your friend, girlfriend or boyfriend, your brother, your sister, your family, your coworkers - all these people care about you. I lost my cousin over a month ago and I'm still trying to pick up the pieces. Your life does matter, and if you keep living, you'll see that it does, and that things will change. So please, don't do it."

His friend got up and hugged me for saying what I did. And so did he. I asked if he'd like a cup of coffee on me and we could talk. We spent the next hour talking. He told me everything troubling him, and it turns out that we have a lot in common. He's gay, like I am, in a family that is close-minded, old fashioned, and very religious. He has trust issues because he had an ex that abused him. By the end of it, he thanked me for reaching out to him. He said he'd come by in a few days so he can let me know how he's doing, and his last words to me that day were, "Thank you for saving me".

Maybe I couldn't save my cousin, no matter how much I want to go back and stop him from doing what he did. But this...this makes it feel okay.

blah blah blah
Thank you for that
Hearing this makes me believe in humanity again
You really did an amazing thing

Thanks for the kind words. I think what he said to me and how he thanked me frequently, really made me thank him in the end for realizing that I'm not powerless against suicide around me.

blah blah blah

Fashionable Browser

I'm gaining back faith in my humanity

Dulcet Giver

17,015 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hellraiser 500
Username: INDI PANDA JONES
Title of story: Different from the crowd
In middle school we had a special Ed class that was filled with really sweet kid my age who were just born with unique things that other kids found odd and different. I was raised that these kids are god's special children and that you must treat them with as much respect as you would want yourself to have. There are some people like me in the world who have been attacked by some of these special children though, and most of those people resent them, I was in elementry school when i was tackled and hand my hair pulled down by the strength of an adult though it came from someone younger than me. I was shaken but not scared and after realizing the girl was just scared, i ended up forgiving the girl and working in her classroom though kids aren't suppose to, I still played with them. But that isn't my story. In middle school there were a group of boys who thought themselves to be higher than the rest of us of the same age, and yes these boys were also my tormentors. I was bullied 5 days a week but one day came when I stood up to these boys as they had gone to far. A new special child joined the class and one day at lunch I finished early and told my group of friends i'd meet them outside as waiting in the cafeteria in middle school is like watching lions hunt prey. So I went outside and that is when I saw it, the group of my tormentors, I planned to walk around them and ignore them if they called me by the nickname they gave me. But the new kid was also walking without a teacher, which is odd and never happens. My tormentors turned on the boy, calling him names and barking at him like dogs. It scared him and he ran away but i would not have any of that. I Walked up to the leader and told him off along with his friends and i told him to apologize, before i went to go check on the new kid. He was crying and I apologized to him for them being mean. Not long after that I went to the principle, by passing the dean of students and vice principle. She called their parents and they had to formally apologize and write an apologetic letter. That day on I was always greeted with a smile and either a hug or a smile and a greeting. I also opened up doors and helped them whenever a teacher wasn't present. Long after leaving middle school I kept talking and helping the kids, being different to help someone who isn't in....is probably the greatest feeling on earth and I'm glad I get to experience it.

Witty Conversationalist

14,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Username:Winter Creator

Name of Story:My loving Husband heart

Story: There was one day that I was feeling really bad about myself, for no reason. I suppose it was from postpartum depression after giving birth to my daughter. I had been telling my husband how miserable I felt and I wasn't looking forward to having to get out and do my errands. My husband offered to do my errands for me, though I still needed to go grocery shopping when they were done.

When he came home and gave me the car keys, I went to the car and when I opened the door there was a bouquet of flowers and a bottle of champagne in the driver's seat with a note attached saying "For the most amazing and beautiful woman ever". Not only that, but he had gotten the groceries too and didn't tell me so I would have a reason to go to the car.

I married a winner who happens to be the kindest man I know.

Dangerous Werewolf

*Username: M0m3ntsL0st
* Title of story: Daily
* Story:

Some people tend to over think kindness. As if one big kind act is what keeps you going. Kindness is in the littlest things you don't even think about. Every day, i go around and say hey to my friends and hug them. A few weeks later, I found out that my friend actually likes that i hug him and it makes him feel good. Recently, he has started me hug me back and it makes me smile. No matter what, kindness will always raise the spirits of everyone, even if they don't admit it.

X Rayver's Princess

Sugary Sweetheart

63,675 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
siskataya
H3av3n
User Image

aww this is nice!

Wow, super cute post style! Loving the leaves and the colors - of course, I do love orange! 3nodding
User Image

Thank you! I do love Fall in general so I when I saw these leaves I just had to use them! ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff