Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zachariel's Sweetheart

Sweet Saint

Ruthless Knight

12,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Is it seriously kindness day today? Lol that's funny, today when I was on my way to lunch from work an older woman in a wheelchair asked for some spare change. I only had a 5 on me, so I told her I'd be right back. Right after I paid for my food I ran out & gave her the $1 & change. Wish I had a bit more on me but she seemed very grateful & said God bless me. smile

Sparkly Lunatic

19,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I had no idea such a day existed! Oh, this is harder than I thought it would be...

Okay, I got a story now. This summer, I was at an anime convention, and I was dressed as Sailor Moon. My costume was pretty average in my opinion, and I had seen a lot of fancier and prettier ones that day, and people with the most amazing wigs, so I felt a little jealous of all of them. Then when it was late in the day, someone asked to take my picture and said I was the prettiest Sailor Moon they'd seen all day. It wasn't much, but hearing someone say that made me feel really special, especially with all the pretty, shiny ones I'd seen that day. It's a simple story, but it makes me smile~

SenpaisKitten's Senpai

Romantic Millionaire

Have a good day/week/month/year to anyone who reads this. I love kindness and show kindness to everyone, even to people who don't deserve it.
I hope everyone makes this world better. Everyone is special and deserves to be treated with kindness, especially the ones that make this world a better place.

Sweet Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
username: syrensage
title:stranger lover
one day i was walking home from school and it was really hot that day so i decided to go to the icecream shop but found out that i had no money. so i was standing outside like a creeper and then a man came up to me and said "do you want some icecream?" and i was shocked i said yes pleease. so we went in and bought me icecream! i thanked him and told him to come here tomorrow and ill pay him back and he said no need to pay him back. he told me to enjoy the icecream and left . Now when i go to that icecream store it reminded me so much of him

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
kindness is wonderful! i live for it! domokun stargate

Melodious Unicorn

40,400 Points
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
* Astarte-dono
* No-bake happiness
* I have a fear of needles. My senior year of high school there was a blood drive going on and a lot of my friends and then boyfriend were giving blood. I don't mind people giving blood, I don't think I'll ever do it, but that didn't bother me. It was everyone forgetting my fear and showing me where the needle had gone, especially my boyfriend who did it multiple times. On our open lunch my best friend and soul-sister and I walked to her house and she made me a batch of our favorite no-bake cookies that we ate for lunch that day and let me cuddle her teddy bear that she never let anyone touch, just to help me. I love her so much and miss her now that she's moved away.

PS, It's my birthday tomorrow, on the 14th!!

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
PCLong
siskataya
PCLong
siskataya
User Image

Hey everyone!

Did you know that today is World Kindness Day? Many countries around the world use today to celebrate kindness - either being kind to others, or celebrating people who have been kind to you.

We think kindness is a fantastic thing to celebrate! Too often in this world there is negativity and unkindness. We think a community contest and hang out thread to share kindness is just what we need!

Please feel free to join in the positivity and fun and share happy thoughts of gratitude with your fellow Gaians! And hey, you never know - sharing your story about a kindness you have experienced might win you a fabulous Kindness Prize pack!

Enjoy the tip smile I make cupcakes for friends and my physical therapists who have helped me recover from a hip fracture in June 2013

Awww, that is super sweet of you! Hope your hip is all healed now 3nodding

Not quite, still healing but starting to walk with a cane and learning to use stairs smile

Well I am glad you are mobile and making progress! I'll send some positive thoughts your way. Keep on with the awesome recovery job 3nodding

Enduring Member

12,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Firestarter 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
siskataya
Singing Seraph
I can see this being a pretty cheerful thread.

I sure hope so! Sometimes you just have to have a cheerful thread! Glad you stopped by 3nodding

I'll try to think of a bit of kindness I've done or someone has for me, and I'll probably post it eventually. When does the contest end again?

16,865 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
Live happily everyone!

5,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Username: akatuskisasuke

One day I went to go play in a MTG tournament locally. So i walk in and I ask the old lady if the store owner was here today, she said no so i said "Oh, do you need any help?" She said not really but I spent my whole day helping her out anyways for 3 hours before tournament! biggrin

someone had dropped their wallet one time and I went to go and give it back to them. I didn't want anything in return

I cleaned up most of the house for my parents so they could sleep in a bit more

Happy Kindness day~~~~ <3

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
Username: Eurydice Evyn
Title: Christmas Never Ended

Okay, forgive the cheesy title, but I think it's just... too fitting, so bear with me, okay?
About a year ago, it was Christmas. My family usually gets us one BIG gift and a bunch of smaller ones. That's how it goes around here. Anyway, so I find an envelope on the tree and I'm REALLY confused. Usually they're put in my stocking.
I open it up, and everyone's staring at me as I stare at this piece of paper. It looks like a RECEIPT. I scan it over, trying to find out what it's for...

Private voice lessons. My mother had won me private voice lessons with a professor from the college she teaches at. For ME.

Now, I'm FREAKIN' excited about music. Always have been. So I FLIPPED when my brain finally wrapped my mind around 'THE GIFT ISN'T THE PAPER, IT'S WHAT THE PAPER MEANS YOU DUMMY!'

The story should end there, but it doesn't.

Around the time my two free complimentary lessons start, there was a choral group starting up at the same college. The professor, thinking 'hey let's get two birds with one stone', also counted the first lessons as my audition for said choir. Which I succeeded at, so I got to join the choir.

It's been almost a full year. I have performed in three concerts with this choir, and tomorrow I'm doing my fourth. And I could not be happier.

This goes beyond simple music as well... A few months before, I'd finally escaped an abusive boyfriend, and was at a loss as to what to do. Cheesy, again, but being introduced to the choir helped give me my life back. I got to go out into the world and do things again, something I'd been denied for so long.

She not only got me friends, but meeting plenty of professors I can respect, new experiences, improved skills... and, most of all, my life back.

A cheesefest? Maybe. But I think I've earned one. Let me have my cheese.

Time-traveling Loser

username: Atrapenna
Title: A little gift for a autistic girl

I work at a hotel and one night a mother came in and had a button on her shirt saying "ask me about a special girl"
So I inquired and she told me about how she adopted a girl with a moderate case of aspergers disease and the button was worn to inform people of it when shes fundraising at various awareness events. I took out my wallet and handed her ten dollars, and said "It's not much but here you go, i wish you all the luck in the world" The little girl came to the desk later and thanked me, and In the morning they left a little thank you note indicating how touched they were and how they wished their were more people like me in the world, the little girl even wrote a little thank you thing and I kept it safe (though i recently moved and need to find it) Its a good reminder to me that I've touched lives in many ways just by being myself.

Player

10,800 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Kindness day huh? Would asking for Flynn booty not to come back "for a limited time only" be too much to ask for? Or pretty much gaia from at least a year ago in general?

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Astarte-dono
PS, It's my birthday tomorrow, on the 14th!!

Happy early birthday to you! Congrats! Hope you have an amazing day with lots of friends and loved ones - and maybe a sweet treat or two! 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff