Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lucky Winner

5,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
KitsuneKarinChan
True Kindness
Ok, so i have a super hard time making gaia gold on here because of inflation. So, I have to ask for donations from time to time. And one time, someone who was very kind donated 3.5mil to me! It made me soo happy that someone would donate so much gold to me like that. It is something i still appreciate and remember. I will never forget the kindness of that person for as long as i live 4laugh

clarion's King

Super Model

Username: Magus

Title: Welcome to Canada

When I was in Grade 8, a new student had arrived from Africa (his parents flew him here by himself at the age of 12). He spoke English, but not that well. Understandably, he was pretty shy and didn't speak much to anyone. Every recess, I would see him standing by the fences not really doing anything. So finally one day, I went up to him and asked if he wanted to join me and my group to play basketball. He agreed and after all the introductions, began to open up a bit more.

What makes this story special to me is that I wouldn't learn until I graduated University 13 years later, that I was actually the one who kept him here. He said that if I hadn't come up and help him make new friends, he would have left Canada permanently the following week.

Crazy how things work out.

Friendly Shapeshifter

5,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
“Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.”
― Mark Twain

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

((It's kinda long so prepare to read ))
Username: Ami Satomora

Title: You're Always Appreciated

So I work at my church's outreach program. Our main thing is to give food out to those within the area who need it. And during the holiday season we do programs like thanksgiving baskets and Christmas presents. So last year was pretty rough for me. Earlier in the year I had a really bad falling out with someone who I thought was a friend, my dad had went to the hospital for surgery to remove a mass from his colon (turned out it wasn't cancerous thank god), and I had to give away my cat that I had for 3-4 years.

Needless to say I was in a fit of depression.

The holiday programs I do for my job are the most stressful times of the year. People get rude when things aren't exactly what they wanted, blame gets thrown around, tensions were high. My boss said something (it wasn't rude), but at that point I couldn't deal with all the stress and wanted to go home. So I went outside for some air. After about ten minutes my brother asked me to come down because we were done for the holiday year. So I come down and all of us plus our priest (Who had already done so much for my family when my dad was in the hospital ). So he and my boss gave everyone an envelope and we ended the day with a prayer. I was such at a soft state that the prayer was really touching my heart. You'd think that was the kindness act.

It's what happened afterwards.

So I get in the car and open my envelope. And there were two items, a check and a card. The writing inside each card was personalized. My boss had written that even though she worked me hard, she thanked me for being her right hand girl. And my priest wrote thanks for always taking time to do what I do. The words were simple but the volumes it spoke hit me and I broke down and cried in happiness. Right in the car. I was just so happy that someone took their time out to thank me through all this chaos and it made every single experience worth it.

But then there's the aftermath. I was so moved that I had to do something in return. So I got cards and wrote them a thank you back. To my priest for always looking out for my family and even calling to make sure we were alright. He even visited my dad after the operation and they talked for a long while. And then to my boss, I wrote that even though some people were kind of iffy about her becoming the new boss (the old boss had a falling out with our old priest and that's how she got the job) don't doubt herself. Her becoming the boss was the best thing to happen to the center since I've been working there. Even though sometimes it was stressful to deal with. She had always had good intentions deep down. She's like a second mom to me. So the next day at my terminal, I see a sticky note. She wrote on it that what I wrote was exactly what she needed and thanked me for it. Then when she saw me she gave me such a hug and thanked me again for writing that card.

I still have the card they gave me last year, I keep it in my desk so when I open it and see it I get good feelings. It's a reminder that no matter what stress I go through, people appreciate the kind of work I do. And that's really the ultimate prize, knowing that someone else's day is just a little bit brighter because of my work 3nodding

Shy Fairy

stalwart as the Mount
Username: stalwart as the Mount
Story name: Stolen Memories

I was in boy scouts and my little brother was in cub scout. I was helping the cub scouts clean a park. While cleaning up we found a ziplock bag of stuff. It ended up being the contents of someones purse and we were able to return her drivers license and pictures of her family among other things that she though she had lost forever.

wow! that is so nice of you two to return her things. That is a very kind thing to do. heart
*highfives* for awesome kindness. YEAH! cool

Handsome Bookworm

9,500 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I've got a pretty big weakness for old people honestly, and just last week this adorable old woman and I went to the store.

(I volunteer and stuff for the folks who need help getting things and cleaning an daily stuff.)

So we went to the store, and she needed alot of things. I felt pretty good being out with her, because her stories about how the past used to be bring a smile to my face.

We're waiting in the checkout line, hoping to get through fast enough when she realized she didn't bring her wallet. After a bit of thought I decided to just mentally say ******** it, and paid for it myself.

Just a buncha food, a few gifts for her family on the holidays and so forth. Not much over $350. We gently argued about it after a while, and we sighed and decided I'd pay. So I did.

And after we got back to her place and I put everything away, she pulled out a few old albums, recipes and we had a wonderful evening making treats, sharing laughs, and it felt like I had a family again. I know to most helping out the old doesn't seem like much, but to them its everything. But in the long run, I was the one helped.

Because at this time of year, the feeling of home, family and love means everything. And thats what old Marrie gave me.

Distinct Knight

5,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Username: IIV5II
Title : The Day of The Uncontrollable Hair

It was the night before Homecoming and I had a sleep over with my friend Ashley; we were struggling to decide on what to wear for tomorrow so we decided to look at some websites with different types of looks that are appropriate for Homecoming. We came across one where ones hair had to be straightened and then wrapped around in a cascade type of way and so we decided that I should straight it out tonight so she didn't have to do that much work that day. The next morning Ashley's mom apparently wanted to take her to a salon because she wanted Ashley to put her hair the way she saw it on a T.V show. Ashley's mom took Ashley to the salon and it turned out to be a disaster, the salon lady completely ruined Ashley's hair and her night was ruined. At first i felt really bad because i was going to be able to go to homecoming and she wasn't. When it was almost time to go to the place where homecoming was at, something came into my head and i knew that since Ashley had been really nice to me the day of my birthday when everyone decided to play a joke on me, i decided to not go to homecoming and stay with her that night. We ended up watching horror movies all night and it suddenly felt like not going to homecoming was not as bad as we thought. It turned out to be a great night.

Romantic Rogue

User Image

tab Story number two! This is my last story, though. <3
              * Broken Logic BHP
              * A Mother's Intuition
              * Despite the impression that the title gives off, I am not a mother ( yet; I plan to be in the future ), but this story is about something I did.

On the Sunday before Halloween, there is this development not too far away that starts giving out candy early; everyone stands outside and passes it out, and there's tons of people in costumes. To be honest, I'm not sure why they do it, but I think it's for younger kids since they can't be out as late on Halloween because of school the next day; that's what I suspect at least. But there were a good bit of teens there as well, so I'm not sure.

My best friend ( a different one from the last story, this one I know in real life ) and I were trick or treating. I was Jeff the Killer, and my friend was a cute kitty cat, because he didn't plan on Trick or Treating so I forced few years ago Halloween costume onto him since I was too shy to go alone. I tried to put makeup on him but he wouldn't let me... :c

Anyway, so we were Trick or Treating, and after walking away from one of the houses I heard this very tiny cry while at the same time turning my head to look around, and I saw this tiny girl, couldn't be more than 4, was getting pulled away by her Dad before the crowd got too big and she dropped her little purple pumpkin pail. At first, for a split second, I had this idiotic moment of being frozen because I was too shy to help, but instantly kicked that thought away for that poor little girl who was going to lose her candy if I didn't do anything. So I picked up the pail and quickly walked over, a bit stealthy to slip it back into her hand; she was staring at me and gripped her tiny little fingers around it. The Father happened to look down at her, then look over and see me and I got nervous so I quickly pulled away, but he smiled at me and said "Thank you" and so I awkwardly smiled, put my hand up and said, "you're welcome".

I kind of wonder if my costume was off putting when I did something nice, or wonder if he thought I was trying to take her candy since it was already in her hand and I was so quick to react to him looking at me, but I'm pretty sure he said thank you so I think that's just an illogical fear. xD

I turned back and walked over to my friend, and he was like, "Wow, I didn't even notice". I don't think anyone did in the hassle with everyone around; I was so proud of myself. I felt so good about what I did, and because I was the only one that noticed that tiny little cry, I felt like it was mother's intuition and that I am really ready to be a mother, at least maturity wise, I want to be at least 22 or so before I have a kid. So it put me in a really good mood for the whole rest of the day, knowing I saved that little girl's day. x3

Friend

Username: Bagsak
Title : 5 Street Children

I just wanna share this incident. I am from Philippines, where many people are hungry, missing and deaths because of the recent typhoon, Haiyan.

Together with my brother, we decided to drop by the grocery after going to church this afternoon to buy the stuff we would be sending to Tacloban City tomorrow. Then we decided to pack the goods we bought in my house. Near the gate, we saw five kids waiting for us. Their dress are tattered and dirty. I can tell that they are all street children. With a smile they greeted us and handed a small paper bag and said '"We would like to donate this for those who were affected by the typhoon. We collected plastics, newspapers and empty bottles and sold them to the junk shop to buy something for the typhoon victims." I opened the bag and saw a kilo of rice, 2 sardines and three ten peso coins. I held the precious bag so tight & assured the boys that their donation will surely help kids in Tacloban.

I know how hard they worked today just so they could share. It's not easy being chased by dogs & cops and be bullied in the streets of Rizal. It's not easy to walk the entire day looking for scraps in every street garbage drums. But they braved the heat of the sun and all other challenges just to come up with what they think would be of help to others. So often we give from our spare but these kids gave out of the only things they've got.

Shaggy Gekko

5,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I starved myself less because CB told me to.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

14,075 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
quayla666

Seizure scare

Back in 2011, I was in school to become a nurse. We where sitting in the computer lab, working on our resumes when one student-- (41-year-old mom of 3, grandma of 1 in a couple of months, and a very good friend of mine.) --Excused herself to use the restroom. Well, I have a small bladder, due to organ problems. Lucky for me, because I had to use the restroom pretty much right after she left.

Once I entered the bathroom, I could not find my classmate anywhere. I went, and washed my hands, then noticed a foot sticking out from a stall. I bent down to see that it was her, unconscious on the floor with water all around her. I slid under the door and began to check her breathing. She was not. It had looked like she had fallen, and hit her head on the toilet. I used my boyfriend's hoodie to hold her head in place. I kept talking to her, calling her name, trying to get ANY response from her. Nothing happened! I then began CPR on her. Since I do not have good lungs, I only did chest compressions on her. After I did the first rep, I called the hospital, because she was still unresponsive. I kept going with the chest compressions, then tried mouth-to-mouth, despite my bad lungs. It lasted for 10 minutes, and then she came through! As she jumped almost into a complete sitting up position, the paramedics arrived. One lead me out of the bathroom and into the crowd of people.

About another 10-15 minutes later, the paramedics had stabilized her, and where preparing to take her to the hospital. One of the paramedics told me what had happened. She had gone to the bathroom, to try and get away from the classroom, due to having a massive on-set headache. I was told that she would have died, if I didn't act when I did.

During the time she was in the hospital. I wrote down a copy of all notes that where taken in class, so that she didn't miss anything. Once she came back, she ran straight to me, thanking me for what I had done. She told me that she could hear me talking to her, and it helped her come back. Her husband, and kids, all came down to visit me and thank me for what I have done. "She would have never seen her grandson if it weren't for you." Was what her oldest child said to me.

That was what made me go into healthcare. heart

Hallowed Rogue

14,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Whispering Embers
KoalaClaws
xd
Nice avi

as do you my friend
Happy kindness day! heart

Angelic Phantom

10,200 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
  • Party Animal 100
Username: x-Aishiteru Che Ann-x
Title of story: The Sister I Never Had

When I first started Gaia i didn't know anyone at all. I would try anyway possible to make friends even if I had to go-along-to-get-along. Then one day in zOMG! I met this girl in a male avatar, and we had lots of fun together,so she kind of adopted me as her Gaian brother. She became my greatest friend and started to actually feel like an older sister to me. One day in zOMG! I got bullied and became really depressed I wanted to kill myself, but she stopped me before it was too late. The next day my parents got a letter from her saying that I was suicidal and depressed. I got so mad because I felt so betrayed that I lashed out stupidly. I made a huge mistake, and told a lie intending to hurt her. She found out about it and she left me. Once I realized what I had done I went to her and apologized. I promised I would never tell a lie intending to hurt ever again. She said she needed a few days alone to think about my apology. After what seem like forever, She finally contacted me again and said that she had forgiven me. After what I did, I couldn't believe she that she would give me a second chance, but now she is my sister and she helps me through life. I could have never asked for a better sister. I love her so much now and hate it when shes disappointed in me.

Beloved Sex Symbol

16,625 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Marathon 300
Toxic_Passion

An unexpected bond:

My story is about a friend of mine that helped me more than any of my family has ever done for me. My son and I were sent to a homeless shelter for families when he was just 2 weeks old. My friends and family at this point did not help us in any way, or speak to us. We were alone. My son and I were in the homeless shelter for a year and a half before we were finally able to get our own place. We didn't have anything for an apartment. I put my trust in someone who I have been speaking to on Facebook who started a group where people would donate items, or trade them for other items. I told her I needed help and she was such a great help. Not only did she bring my son and I to our new apartment, but she asked everyone if they could help me out. This woman is not part of any organization, she did it all on her own. When we got to the apartment, she had friends bring in furniture. We got a sofa, china cabinet, dishes, tv, entertainment center, table and chairs, ect. This woman was such a blessing to my son and I. Her name? Kristin. To this day, she is my very best friend. We now live 5 minutes from each other. Our children are only 4 months apart and not only are we best friends, but our boys are as well. Her family took me in as if we were blood. My son recently turned 2, and she and her mother through a party for my son and bought him gifts. I no longer count her as just a blessing in our lives, or my best friend. She is my sister. My son calls her auntie, and we will always have each other. Acts of kindness can cause a great bond, and can cause a huge impact on others lives. Pay it forward smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff