Welcome to Gaia! ::

The20
Latex is inconsequent. It should not care about the formating of the source at all, yet it does react to newlines. Why?
Because newlines are significant.

Don't question it. His Holiness Donald Knuth decreed that newlines are significant, so newlines are significant.
psychic stalker
The20
Latex is inconsequent. It should not care about the formating of the source at all, yet it does react to newlines. Why?
Because newlines are significant.

Don't question it. His Holiness Donald Knuth decreed that newlines are significant, so newlines are significant.
Ok. I'll ... i'll just put the latex files for my master thesis under version control instead. This seems like the logical step under those circumstances.

Everyday Cat

Wish I knew what the hell was wrong with my arm. I was leaning on my left elbow for a while... And two hours later my arm's still numb?!

Trying to move it is like flopping a noodle about. So I've been flopping it. It's slowly getting better... Very very slowly.
Scriptkitten
Wish I knew what the hell was wrong with my arm. I was leaning on my left elbow for a while... And two hours later my arm's still numb?!

Trying to move it is like flopping a noodle about. So I've been flopping it. It's slowly getting better... Very very slowly.
Sounds like a pinched nerve. Maybe the wrong muscle is too weak and one of your joints is sitting on the nerve instead of in the socket? (I know I have this problem, as a result of poor posture.)

You might want to see a doctor about that. It could be a due to a more serious problem.

Everyday Cat

psychic stalker
Scriptkitten

Sounds like a pinched nerve. Maybe the wrong muscle is too weak and one of your joints is sitting on the nerve instead of in the socket? (I know I have this problem, as a result of poor posture.)

You might want to see a doctor about that. It could be a due to a more serious problem.

Hmm, maybe. I know I've got poor posture myself...

But I can't be having health problems now, I don't have a doctor anymore gonk it's slowly going away the more I move it; I guess I can stretch and see if I can un-pinch anything?
Scriptkitten
psychic stalker
Scriptkitten

But I can't be having health problems now, I don't have a doctor anymore gonk it's slowly going away the more I move it; I guess I can stretch and see if I can un-pinch anything?
Stretching exercises, movements, anything, really. Any kind of exercise might help, if it at least uses your arm a little. That includes anything from Tai Chi and Yoga to jogging and jumping jacks.

But it would still be wise to talk to a doctor.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
psychic stalker
Scriptkitten
psychic stalker
Scriptkitten

Stretching exercises, movements, anything, really. Any kind of exercise might help, if it at least uses your arm a little. That includes anything from Tai Chi and Yoga to jogging and jumping jacks.

But it would still be wise to talk to a doctor.

I would second this. I should have gone to the hospital after cracking my wrist on the edge of concrete steps and didn't (severe dislike of being in hospitals). Now my wrist is so bad I've ended due for an operation on it so I've ended up in hospital anyways.

Everyday Cat

Well... It appears better this morning. I think.
My whole body is usually numb when I wake up so it's hard to tell. But my left arm is no more numb than the right, so that's good... I guess I'll keep an eye on it.

Slightly related, I need a new bed. I feel much less pain sleeping on the floor. Which is what I ended up doing last night.
Scriptkitten
My whole body is usually numb when I wake up
.... That's extremely disconcerting, and might be a symptom of a very serious problem. I would go to a doctor. As soon as possible.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Scriptkitten
My whole body is usually numb when I wake up

OK must I come over there and drag you to the doctor's?

Everyday Cat

The full-body numbness happens most mornings, seriously. I'm okay now.
Arm's still a tad tingly but not nearly as bad.
Scriptkitten
Seriously, that's a bad thing. That's a very bad thing. Like, it could be a sign of a serious spinal degenerative disease kind of bad thing.

Everyday Cat

psychic stalker
Scriptkitten
Seriously, that's a bad thing. That's a very bad thing. Like, it could be a sign of a serious spinal degenerative disease kind of bad thing.

But I've had that as long as I can remember. I always assumed it was normal? Like nerves not waking up yet or something. It goes away shortly after getting up and moving, and never thought anything of it until this morning trying to gauge the condition of my weird arm. "Oh wait, I wouldn't be able to tell anyway."

So you're telling me that's not normal at all. >>;
Scriptkitten
psychic stalker
Scriptkitten

But I've had that as long as I can remember. I always assumed it was normal? Like nerves not waking up yet or something. It goes away shortly after getting up and moving, and never thought anything of it until this morning trying to gauge the condition of my weird arm. "Oh wait, I wouldn't be able to tell anyway."

Not. One. Bit.

Everyday Cat

psychic stalker
Scriptkitten
psychic stalker
Scriptkitten

Not. One. Bit.
...on the upside my arm feels more normal after wearing a wrist brace for a while. I put it on since I'm still at work typing a lot and it helped... Probably carpal tunnel. Runs in the family and my only symptom seems to match. It's only weird-feeling from the elbow down.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff