Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inking, coloring, other stuff like looking at hosting options mostly. Today I'm hoping to get some stuff scanned.

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Got a friend to read over my script with a pen.
Got more crit on script.
Started thumbnails! I've got three and a half pages thumbnailed so far.

Shadowy Phantom

Did thumbnails for four more pages, a short scene that sets up fun horrible times in the next scene. This chapter's 21 pages so far, I'm a bit afraid it might end up too short. But we'll see! If the next scene ends up taking 7 pages, that'll be perfect.
Still trying to find that damn ruler. >8| Also trying to see what happens when I attempt panels without it.

Note: I have really bad astigmatism.

Desirable Lunatic

9,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Trying my hands at that cover again... and then I am going to sketch out the next page for my update tomorrow.
FIRST PAGE UPLOADED. I'm going to wait until the chapter's done to ask for a critique. I have a lot more to do, but I'm pretty happy with what I've gotten done today.

Eloquent Explorer

Mink_LaLa

Hey, I'm astigmatic too! High five for eyesight problems! biggrin

3,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Trying REALLY hard to make thumbnails for my comic, but it's like I come up with 3 great compositions and then the rest are crap IMO. I wish there was magic pixie dust...
Solved a script snag. In retrospect, I must've gotten rusty; this scene should not have been this tricky to write.

Attempting to do some non-comic related things now; if I have time afterwards, I'm hoping to do some thumbnailing.
enchantedsleeper
Mink_LaLa

Hey, I'm astigmatic too! High five for eyesight problems! biggrin

YAY! Not only that, I'm also near-sighted! 8D (Yes, I have REALLY thick glasses)

And I'm just going to rework an old story, and maybe get a new ruler tomorrow. I mean, they're like $1, if that much. :/

Shadowy Phantom

The scene I had hoped would be 7 pages was 3 pages. Any longer would have just been too much. I could have decompressed a couple of parts and squeezed out a couple of extra pages, but I rather like the pagination I have going on here, even if there are a couple of cluttered pages.

Now I don't know what I should do tomorrow: Start sketching+lettering chapter 4? Start thumbnailing chapter 5? Work on that tutorial I keep putting off?
Slacking sounds nice...
i came up with the idea for the comic and going to start it today

Stellar Star

24,975 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
I googled trains for hours for webcomics next weeks page. I hope get stuff done during this weekend since I do not have any homework.
Kyousouka

And remember the secret to success: GET BACK TO WORK.
Hey, thanks for the reminder.

*Briefly, I lurked the Diamond Distributors webpage for information.
(I know, I'm getting ahead of myself.)

*Then, I wrote some questions to myself about my comic. (What compels the main character to do X, Y, and Z? How does the antagonist know ____? Etc.)
I try not to over-think these questions, or search for the answers right off the bat.
I often find the characters answering most of these questions anyway.
Worked on the biological systems of an alien species that's based on bees.

BECAUSE I LOVE BEES. >8| No, seriously, I love bees. I think they're adorable, amazing little animals. >3<

Oh, and uh, character designs. I want the males to look relatively humanoid in appearance, while the females are decidedly not. You know, instead of the other way around like it usually is. I think my current design of the females looks a bit...cutesy. And that must be remedied.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff