Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well, Apple IS undeniably evil. I still want the new Ipod Touch.

Psycho Bunny Studio
Mink_LaLa
I feel the need to link this now.

OH GOD I HATE PEOPLE NOW.

SO MUCH MORE THAN BEFORE.

My work here is done. >83
Psycho Bunny Studio

I'd be careful about that since I was reading something where there was some guys going around getting amateur commission artist to do a lot of work for essentially free or rather cheap, and then turn around and take their work for something else that they get paid for. (Like using your sketches to sell the project to someone else who then uses your sketches as reference for the comic which you'll never see a dime of)

I'd politely tell him to bug off just on principal.

Yeah, I've heard of that too. I was sure to provide only really low-quality versions of the sketches just in case.

Did you guys see this article that circulated around twitter? XD link! It's like the guy is asking never to be worked for again.
You know, I may be only 19 and not even going to school for art, but I can tell when I'm being ripped off. What's worse is that some commenters don't see why people got upset. *facepalm*
Someone wrote a very good counter-argument to this guy's article, unfortunately I don't have the link. But it basically said the reason this guy is running into unreliable artists is self-perpetuated. If he treated the artists like professionals, he'd get artists with better work ethic working for him.

8,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
GlanceLavender
Someone wrote a very good counter-argument to this guy's article, unfortunately I don't have the link. But it basically said the reason this guy is running into unreliable artists is self-perpetuated. If he treated the artists like professionals, he'd get artists with better work ethic working for him.
This one?
Yeah, I think it was that. Thanks. mrgreen
Besides, it's not like immoral business practices are one of the reasons the economy is s**t! /sarcasm
Wow, ok this is weird. This guy hadn't contacted me in two weeks, then as soon as I posted about him he emailed me. sweatdrop Maybe he is watching. Spooooky~

He decided he didn't want me as an artist after all that. confused But I'm not complaining, since I wasn't too happy about the situation anyway. Low pay, weird characters, unreliable communication.
I think you may have dodge a bullet there. :/

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I'm having trouble with a dialogue bit coming up in Boy Aurus. Simab mentions Bedouins in a sentence, but I dunno if it's odd to mention Bedouin specifically when the setting is in a fantasy universe. The identity of the nomads isn't of extreme importance. Though mentioning Arabic things happens in other instances. Aurus mentions a takwin and screams about Jabir ibn Hayyan, an Ismaili alchemist who wrote about takwin... whose book Aurus seems to have completely and utterly misread, but as the book is written in esoteric code, Aurus probably had no idea what he was reading in the first place. Though that's also a little odd too since their universe doesn't have Islam so I'm not sure how the heck Aurus got his hands on a book by a Muslim... though that probably just adds to why Aurus didn't get it at all...

>_> Meh... I'm not sure if I'm otherthinking this. This is a story where the main character doesn't think there's anything weird about pelting someone with yogurt just because he can.
Seijaku_Ishida
GlanceLavender
This one?

It's like what I heard on the L word.

In the work world there is a power triangle and you can only chose two of the three points but never all three

Fast
/
Good - Cheap

Plus choosing an artist from an art COMMUNITY runs into the problem of the rest of the COMMUNITY finding out about you. As soon as an artist misses a deadline and loses some money on the commission the rest of the community is going to be up in arms, if you don't pay because the art doesn't make your expectations the rest of the community is going to find out. I can only imagine how many fake accounts he must have on Dev Art to have gotten more then 2 or 3 artists to work for him to the point of him being willing to pay them. I've yet to meet an artist who's GOOD and never done a commission before and ones who do Commissions usually AT LEAST do 50% upfront and 50% on completion and things like "No revisions" and what's CHEAP for them usually isn't their best work and what's their best work usually isn't Cheap or if it is, it sure as ******** ain't Fast.

God damn I hate people who make it a business to rip people off
Yet I can't ignore the fact, that DA has stomping the prices down. I mean...they are really asking for it, now it's about the industry, how low they can make people go. They've already done it here ("Yey, lets slash freelancer prices and make them give all the copyrights for us!" ) , and I don't wonder if things getting worser, when this consumption society hits more and more speed in their wheels.
I had this weird dream

Where I was at a theater watching a preview for a movie. Where the presidency hinged on the vote of one man. One politically "meh" man, and they were actually going to make a movie about this as though it is even humanly possible for this to happen, and like they wouldn't just re-vote but instead, hunt down the man and try to get him to vote.

This was a dream right? I mean Hollywood puts out some s**t but not THIS bad right?

I dreampt it was by Disney...
Empuska
Yet I can't ignore the fact, that DA has stomping the prices down. I mean...they are really asking for it, now it's about the industry, how low they can make people go. They've already done it here ("Yey, lets slash freelancer prices and make them give all the copyrights for us!" ) , and I don't wonder if things getting worser, when this consumption society hits more and more speed in their wheels.

And this is why even though I offer commissions. I never GET commissions because I cost to damn much and my work isn't as good as some people who practically give their s**t away.
I don't think my art is worth paying for, but even if I was gonna charge for it, I doubt I'd charge more than $5-10 for a sketch. People who I see that do that is usually totally worth it in my opinion.

Also, I need a job so I can commission Aaron A.

Psycho Bunny Studio
I had this weird dream

Where I was at a theater watching a preview for a movie. Where the presidency hinged on the vote of one man. One politically "meh" man, and they were actually going to make a movie about this as though it is even humanly possible for this to happen, and like they wouldn't just re-vote but instead, hunt down the man and try to get him to vote.

This was a dream right? I mean Hollywood puts out some s**t but not THIS bad right?

I dreampt it was by Disney...

A movie like that exists, but I can't remember what it's called. (I don't think it was by Disney...was it?)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff