How well do you know your character?

Very, very well thanks 0.57372505543237 57.4% [ 1035 ]
Um... average I suppose 0.16962305986696 17.0% [ 306 ]
I know their name and appearance! 0.037139689578714 3.7% [ 67 ]
Character?! Stories have characters?! 0.027716186252772 2.8% [ 50 ]
My character says: Give me gold. 0.19179600886918 19.2% [ 346 ]
Total Votes:[ 1804 ]

Name: Van Glich (pronounced Fan Glitch)
Appearance: Pale skin, spiky white hair, sort of tallish, but due to his powers, that could be another lie. He always wears tinted goggles so you never see his eyes. He wears a green vest and black-and-white striped shirt, jeans, and emo boots because he "doesn't go in for spandex". He has a cute little accent that no one can place.

Van thought hard for a moment. "No," he said finally, "Nothing out of the usual. Just a few strong meat-eating Earth animals and space monsters. You know how it is." He shrugged nonchalantly as if monsters coming out of space and eating people was a normal thing that everyone had to deal with.

"I am wondering..." he said slowly, "what sort of place is where you come from? What do you do there most of all?"

Wheezing Gekko

Name: Natalya Zhukova
Appearance: Short but slim and muscular. Wearing worn blue jeans and an orange tank-top with a multicolored belt and lots of coloured strips up her arms. Wears her long blonde hair in a side plait. Pale, slightly freckled skin and large brown eyes. Has a sig sauer tucked into the belt of her jeans. Speaks with a north Louisiana accent.

"Where I come from? I was born a long way away. Real far. But I don't even remember it sometimes. I most grew up in Bossier City though. That's in Louisiana- right by the Red River. To be honest? I've seen better. The crime rate is high- but then again that's probably mine and Vasili's fault. I don't live there any more though, not since papi died and all Hell kicked up." Natalya sighed and twisted the coloured bands round her arm. She wished she could just fall back and sleep. She felt as if she hadn't sighed since forever.
"And as for what I did there,- I was prepared for the day when I'd have to take care of everything on my own. Turns out that day was sooner than expected." she fixed the man with swampy eyes and blinked slowly, as if in a trance.
"Why, where is it you come from really?"
Appearance: Pale skin, spiky white hair, sort of tallish, but due to his powers, that could be another lie. He always wears tinted goggles so you never see his eyes. He wears a green vest and black-and-white striped shirt, jeans, and emo boots because he "doesn't go in for spandex". He has a cute little accent that no one can place.

Van stiffened. He'd forgotten that it was customary to give your own information when asking for someone else's. He panicked slightly. "Nothing, no reason! I am not telling that to people, thank you!"
Then slowly, he began to relax, realizing that he was a whole universe away from anyone who would really care. "Um...I am sorry...I am really not supposed to be telling anyone, but...I am from far away. Very, very far away, more far than you can probably imagine. It is...not a bad place, but I like here more." He scratched his head nervously.

"So um..." he began, "I do not have much family where I am from and there is none of my family here. What is your family like to you?"

Friendly Phantom

15,500 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
Name: Michelle Taylor Evans (Usually referred to as "Mikey" )
Appearance: Exactly 5 feet and 3 inches in height with a creamy white complexion, from her recent lack of sunlight. Her hair colour changes quite often, but it is currently a chestnut brown tone, which clashes a bit with her pale skin. She usually wears it up, in a sloppy sort of bun, or in pig tails. If she leaves it down, it usually gets in way because of it's length. Her eyes are a like a rainbow of colours that have been crammed into a blender and pulverized on the highest setting. She often wears hoodies, skinny jeans, and converse (like a regular emo kid), but you'll also find her wearing the occasional sun dress or skirt and blouse. She's almost never found without her nerd glasses on (for cosmetic use only, of course).

Mikey shifted a bit at the thought of her family. She didn't like to think about them very much. But something about this mysterious person made her want to tell him everything. "My parent's never liked me. Sure, they love me, but they've never liked me. They despise me because I've decided to make a life for myself instead of mooching of their money until I bite the dust." She paused for a moment, thinking about how much more she should tell this man. He was, after all, a stranger. But that's all he was. A stranger. What did she have to lose? "But, I've never needed their affection or approval," she began again. "Hell, I've been out by myself since I was 16, and I'm doing just fine on my own." She waited to see if the man would say anything, but when he was silent, she continued. "I got a sister, but we haven't talked in years. She's in Australia, doing god knows what." She scratched her nose. "I got a brother too. He's in the Navy. Haven't seen him since his wife passed. I heard from a friend he's living in Montana, but I haven't had the urge to look him up." She stopped a moment, wondering if she was boring the stranger, then she asked nervously, "So... what brings you here?"

Name: Danielle "Dani" Dahlin
Appearance: Smooth pale skin and sleek, shining black hair. Usually comes with a sarcastic smirk that tends to get her in trouble. When not in costume, she wears casual jeans and t-shirts.

Van had to think carefully about that one. One of the first rules you learned at the YHA was 'never give out your secret identity'. Completely ignoring the fact that most students broke that rule on the first day and Van didn't have a secret identity anyway, going into too much detail would give him away. "Well..." he began, "I suppose you could call it 'part of the job,' though this is actually not in the usual way. Or, you could maybe call it an 'extrac-- extricurr--" Van groaned in frustration as he tried to sound out the unfamiliar word. "An after-school activity," he finally said. "To be speaking of it, there should be someone coming soon to take my place. Let me give you some advice for her, okay? She is...hard to get along with sometimes, and when she gets angry, she is tending to destroy things. Very hard to deal with--"

"That so?" Dani inquired. Van whipped his head around so fast he almost wound up looking directly behind him (and from the way his neck was twisting, it looked like he could've). Donning her infamous smirk, she quipped, "Sorry to be such a nuisance to you then. Maybe we should...get out of each other's hair for a while?"

Van stuttered and spluttered for a moment. "What? No, no! You are not in my hair! I am perfectly fine. I will just let you do this...after-school activity, and I will be going now! Bye!" Van quickly turned his body to face the right direction and deftly maneuvered over a few empty chairs and tables before jogging out the door.

Dani shook her head slowly. "I swear, that guy's so weird. Well--I guess I'm not really the one who should be saying that. But at least my weirdness isn't as bad as his weirdness, right? she joked. "No? Yes?" She laughed nervously. Feeling slightly embarrassed, she moved to sit in one of the chairs Van had vaulted just moments before. Unfortunately, being invincible didn't mean she was immune to everything. Damn teenage awkwardness. When was she going to grow out of it? "So!" she said, hoping to break the tension. "Van already answered your question, right? I heard him talking out in the hall. So now I have to ask a question, right? Since he didn't." She looked around uncertainly before spotting a faded RULES sign on the far wall. It obviously hadn't been properly taken care of in the past few...years? But she could still make out the rules, stating that yes, she had to finish what Van started and ask a question. She cleared her throat. "I guess...I'd like to ask what he was saying before I arrived, but I don't think...no, that's not a legitimate question, sorry. Mira would get mad. So um...how's life? You know, in general?"

((I think I've got Van nailed for the time being, so here's another character from the same story I need to work on! I may just go through all seven of the main characters here...
Let me know if Dani gets too...y'know...ugh. Mary-Sue-ish. Ditzy. Whatever it is, just tell me, k? Thank you~
Also, ew, Barney colors! Totally not on purpose!))
Name: Eva Alexandra Trent
Appearance: Eva has tanned, freckled skin; dull, listless, grey eyes; and dirty blonde hair shorn into a long pixie and pulled back by a large red bandana. She's well-built and muscular. Her clothes are baggy, ill-fitted, and slightly dirty.

"Disappointing," Eva scowled at the girl. She could already tell she wasn't going to like this girl. "But, that's mostly because we've got people like you around." She flicked her eyes over the girl from head to toe disapprovingly, and licked her chapped lips.

"You see... 'Cause there's always people who judge other people before they get to know 'em. They think they know, but they don't." Eva leaned back in her chair and balanced it delicately on two legs. "You calling another person 'weird' only makes you seem like a b***h, especially after adding a goddamn disclaimer." She began to bite her thumbnail, which had already been bitten down to the quick.

"Of course, me callin' you a b***h only makes me a hypocrite. 'cause I'm also a b***h." She suddenly leaned foward, and the chair legs clattered to the floor beneath her. She adjusted herself until she was as close as humanely possible in her chair towards the girl. She licked her lips and, after a pause, grinned widely. The grin didn't reach her eyes.

"You're also... Just as much as a hypocrite as I am." Eva's scowl then immediately returned. "But you're still a b***h."

After a pregnant pause, Eva asked, "What would you do with your life if you could learn anything?"

Professional Sex Symbol

8,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Name: Illiana Rose Stone
Appearance: Pale, slender, tall, raven hair that falls just below her shoulders. Can usually be seen wearing black skinny jeans, band t-shirts, plaid jackets, and combat boots.

"Um..." Illiana softly clears her throat. "I would be a music teacher... Coir or Orchestra.... Really I would want to be a rock star, but hey. One in a million right?" She looks away and clears her throat again, thinking And I'm definitely not going to get very far in ANY business with the way I am... She suppresses a violent twitch.

"So... um..." Illiana tries to think of something more interesting than music, and becomes further disappointed in herself. "If you were the last person on earth besides Chuck Norris, what are the first 5 things you would do?"
Name: Elaine Rue
Appearance: She is average height with dirty blond hair naturally. She likes to dye it a lot, so it is currently bright red. Her eyes are dark blue an she likes putting a lot of eyeliner around them to make them pop. She's rather pale and skinny and is normally found in jeans, band tee, and some converse. Occasionally, you may catch her wearing a dress.

Elaine laughed, "Last person on earth with Chuck Norris?" She grinned and smoothed out her shirt a tad nervously. "I'd have to say I'd ask him to teach me Karate. Or whatever it was that he's famous for. I'd teach him all my air hockey secrets because I'm a loser. We'd probably go find our own beds to sleep in," she giggled as a blush came across her face from a sudden memory, "That's three. Then, um, we'd get some McDonald's and go wait for the giant volcano under Yellowstone National Park to blow." She announced hurriedly, doubling over in another burst of laughter.
She stood straight, calmed herself and began fiddling with her hair. "So if you could spend the rest of eternity with one person dead or alive, keep in mind that this would make them whatever age you want them to be, who would you pick?" She smiled to herself as she thought of the one person she would pick.

Wheezing Gekko

Name: Amun Lind
Appearance: Tall, damn handsome, tousled brown hair and tan skin. Periwinkle blue almond eyes lined with black. Wearing a long blue coat fringed with gold, an outdated pair of boots, black jeans and a white shirt.

"Really? That question sucks girl. Eternity sucks. Have you ever tried spending more than a thousand years with one person? Because I can tell you, however much you loved them at the start, you damn sure don't love them any-more at the end. And that's just a millennium- don't get me started on eternity," he rolled his eyes in irritation. Now the girl had gone and gotten him all flustered.
"Gosh. You humans...I mean, swans and doves are all right when it comes to that 'one partner for life' drama, but give them sentient emotions and intelligence of a human? I can promise you Mr and Mrs swan aint gonna stick around together much longer, not when there's so many other hot swans on the lake."
Realising he was ranting, he forced himself to draw to a close, "What I mean to say, why spend your eternity with one person, when you could spend it with a succession of people who are just a,s and maybe even more, hot?"
Elaine smirked. "Well, that's your opinion. I can't entirely understand where your coming from, because we simple mortals don't understand eternity like you do. But it's not like it will actually happen. It's just for fun." She closed her eyes and shook her head slowly, still holding that slight smile. "But that's your opinion."
Name: Danielle "Dani" Dahlin
Appearance: Smooth pale skin and sleek, shining black hair are her most attractive qualities. Her face is thin enough to not quite make her "gorgeous", but passable. It usually comes with a sarcastic smirk that tends to get her in trouble. When not in costume, she wears casual jeans and a band tee.

Dani growled. Speaking to the *coughbitchcough* that had the nerve to confront her and get right in her face, something she wouldn't even let her boyfriend do, she said, "You don't have to be so ******** theatrical about it. I can already tell that you're a b***h and a hypocrite just by looking at your stupid face." She flinched inwardly at that, making a mental note to keep her mouth shut in the future lest her attempts at witty banter during battle lead to more humiliation. That, or take lessons from Elliot, the only person on the team with more brain cells than the common toad. "Besides," she said, "Van and I may not go back that far, but I've known him a lot longer than you have. Maybe where you come from, people hanging from chandeliers like a bat and putting ketchup on everything is normal, and maybe no one's ever told you that someone needs to 'keep an eye on them' or whatever, but not where I'm from. And trust me," she said, gripping the arm of her chair just slightly too hard, "there are a lot of weirdos where I come from.

"Now then."
Swiftly changing between almost frying a b***h with a glare to sweetly smiling at the rest of the room, she quietly listened to a few people talking before deciding on a question that seemed chime-in-worthy. "That's kinda shallow, don'tcha think?" she said. "I'd rather spend eternity with someone I love, like my mother, than go along with your ********] She sniffed. Men. She almost couldn't believe that her own boyfriend was that pig-headed or that Elliot could be too. "Isn't there anyone out there more important to you than your own sorry a**? Actually, I could ask that of the rest of you, too."
Name: Eva Alexandra Trent
Appearance: Eva has tanned, freckled skin; dull, listless, grey eyes; and dirty blonde hair shorn into a long pixie and pulled back by a large red bandana. She's well-built and muscular. Her clothes are baggy, ill-fitted, and slightly dirty.

"Anyone more important than my 'sorry a**'?" Eva raised an eyebrow, "Sorry, honey, there ain't no one. Survival of the fittest. Natural selection. Dog... Eat dog." She ran her tongue over her teeth and cracked her knuckles. " 'sides, doggies eating other doggies shows that nature ain't got any morals. Nature doesn't care who lives and who dies, so why should I, eh?"

Eva yawned, and, in her iconic slovenly fashion, slouched in her chair. "What's the grossest thing you've done?"

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
Sara thought to herself, "I had a friend named Eva." But then remembered what happened to Eva because of her. "So the grossest thing I had to do? hmmm..." She shrugged in half interest. "I guess letting that naked guy back into my room." Sara's eyes widened as she realized what she said. "OH! Sorry. He was naked because i chased him out of my shower...It was late at night and I come into my room for much deserved sleep and all my stuff was moved or gone. So i hear the shower running and I chase this guy out of my room. Then I realized that my room was rented out to him and I was temporarily moved to the west wing. It was gross because I had to see him naked twice." She blushed knowing the guy she was referring to was her friend's boyfriend. "What did you have to do that was awkward afterwards?"

Wheezing Gekko

Name: Amun Lind
Appearance: Tall, damn handsome, tousled brown hair and tan skin. Periwinkle blue almond eyes lined with black. Wearing a long blue coat fringed with gold, an outdated pair of boots, black jeans and a white shirt.

Amun had done a lot of things that were awkward after, though mostly awkward for people around him, not so much as for himself. But there was a particular time that stood up.
"Oh, you know," he said as offhandedly as possible, "There was this one time were I killed my dear friend's love interest. I did try and explain it was for her own good, but things were pretty awkward after that. We had a nice little talk and she got over it, so it's all peachy now... Besides, it was only a human," he stopped short, and his hand flew to his mouth, realising he was surrounded by humans.
"Oops, sorry, that just sorta slipped out. I'm sure you are all wonderful people, really," he said in a tone that could not have been more insincere. "Eh... al-right, who's your favourite person in your life right now and why?"

High-functioning Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Timid 100
Sara laughed. Sounds like something her family would say. It didn't bother her since she wasn't human either. "My favorite person is my trainer Daniel. He is the only one who can tell me and Angel apart. Plus he is a protegee in the Underground world for being the youngest trainer to graduate from the academy." She blushed and added. "Plus he's kinda cute but has a girlfriend already." She shook her head from side to side realizing that she was rambling to these people. "Soooo....Who is yours? Your favorite person I mean."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff