:3 0.051282051282051 5.1% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 117 ]
< 1 2 3

Demonic Sweetheart

20,625 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Married 100
  • Generous 100
Don't make the mistake I did. I gave away all my items when I first left and ended up coming back and things were so expensive I had to beg for donations. I mean I played Zomg too but it was like only giving me a about 100 k every hour or so. I don't want you to end up in that boat and if you do give away stuff just don't get rid of it all. ya dig? Keep like one item that sells for a lot or maybe two so you're not entirely broke if you come back.

Bloodthirsty Unicorn

If you think you might come back, keep the items you really enjoy. But if you want to leave, then it's best to get rid of everything. I made the mistake of wanting to leave a site and keeping some things I liked and end up going back, which was silly since I didn't actually enjoy it, was mostly out of habit type of thing/living in the past.

I usually donate and sell at the same time when I leave sites, makes it go faster.

Aizen Kami's Waifu

Princess Healer

50,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I've been debating on taking a hiatus from gaia myself as I'm no longer having fun here anymore. If I do decide to take a hiatus, I plan on keeping all of my items. I have spent too much time and money on this site to give it all up. OP, I think you should hold onto your items too. If you ever come back here, you will at least have your old items to fall back on. Gold is worthless and there is no telling how expensive things will be a year or two from now. I have never heard of a story where someone came back to Gaia with only gold and they had no regrets selling their stuff. Most Gaians who come back here say they regret selling off their items before they went on hiatus.

Dapper Nerd

If you seriously have no interest in Gaia anymore, then just give away your items. Or keep 'em just in case you think you might return. I've seen so many people "quit" just to come back years/months later. lol

Sparkly Gawker

8,150 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Member 100
  • Timid 100
if there is any chance you may come back to gaia... just hang on to your stuff. later if you decide to leave for good... ditch your stuff then.

Rainbow Worshipper

30,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
If there is any chance, even a small one you may come back, I suggest holding onto your items.

Wild Unicorn

You could just keep them. Or you could run a massive art contest and basically leave Gaia with a whole bunch of art done JUST FOR YOU.

I really recommend that exit strategy.

Or give me one item. Haha.

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
I, too, have lost my faith in Gaia, and considered quitting. However, I am interested to see how this site will go down (and we all know that it will), so I'm keeping my account and lurking, mostly, and dressing up. I love dressing up on here, and though the MP being what it is makes it incredibly difficult, it's still somewhat fun.
That being said, if there are no features on here that you really enjoy, then you should just abandon your account and give away your items and gold to newbies or people in the charity/quests forum. However, I think that if there's even a smidge of doubt in your head, or you think that maybe someday you might want to come back, then keep your account and items intact.

Man-Hungry Nerd

59,500 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
If anything, invest all your worth in a few rare items that aren't likely to have their worth destroyed by re-releases (ie Halos or some of the best LQI).
just keep everything. the price of items rise with inflation, but gold in your account doesn't ;o

Dedicated Lunatic

11,300 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Keep your account, and DO NOT sell your items. I decided to sell most of my items when I left this site back in 2011-2012. My friend and I came back here(literally less then 2 months ago) because the PM style made saving our role plays much simpler. However when I decided to change my avie for the fun of it and perhaps buy new items, I found that the funds I had gotten before my quit were NOTHING. I had 600k pure, and at the time I left that was a LOT of gold. As you can see now, its not much of ANYTHING.

My old items that I was attached to at the time were what made things a little easier. Item value changes over time, it goes up and goes down. Gold? That number never changes and 600k did not morph into 600b while I was gone. My items however, did change in price. I understand quitting, trust me I have had more then enough reasons to leave this place. Especially with several more recent things that have come to my attention.

Bottom line, if you think you will come back. Save your items away.

Tipsy Shoujo

i'd just let it sit
you may decide to come back some day c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out