Sell on MP 0.017094017094017 1.7% [ 2 ]
give away 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 26 ]
give to me huehuehue 0.24786324786325 24.8% [ 29 ]
keep your items 0.46153846153846 46.2% [ 54 ]
:3 0.051282051282051 5.1% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 117 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Destitute Puppy

Quit and give it all to the dumpster dive or sell it all on the marketplace and sink out as much gold as you can maybe?

a few trillion out would be helpful to the "economy" but then again staff or gold gens can just make up for whatevers taken out =/

Noble Newb

21,125 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
One thing I don't really understand, why do people sell their items when they quit? If you are quitting, how is the gold going to help you? What is the point?

Giving away I can understand, you either want other people to enjoy the items or you want to get rid of them so you are not tempted to return.

Quotable Genius

i think you should settle on an "iconic" look, something you'd be comfortable with long-term if you did come back, and hold on to anything with sentimental value, then give the rest to friends or people in the questing or wanted forums.

Tipsy Roisterer

Take a break, go on a posting hiatus. I did it for nearly three years and felt better for it. It gave me perspective on what is important on Gaia.

Gaia's community is the same, maybe it's not the site it once was but users are what make the site. Gaia knows we are a passionate bunch.

If after the hiatus you still feel the same - give it all away. Find some newbs and anon gift them - make their day and make them feel there are good users out there and they will go on to carry on fighting for Gaia because you made their day.

King Noob

- - -
Buy up all the art you can carry.
From me.
- - -

OG Smoker

21,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
Calelith
"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

If you're quitting for good, why would you sell your items for gold?

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn."

Shy Smoker

9,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
not too be mean but if you consider a giveaway im willing too save you all the effort of making a giveaway topic ...ill gladly just keep all the items you dont want for myself 3nodding 3nodding
Hey girlie, it seems you've already made your decision but I still wanted to put my two cents in. smile I agree with your decision to keep your stuff as you take a break. Don't let Gaia be on your mind, just relax away from it, it will always be here and so will i smile

So I hope everything turns out ok.

Anxious Gaian

lucky_elf
Seeing as I've been on gaia on and off since 2004 I might come back I might not hence the indecision on what to do with my items/gold.

Considering you are indecisive about whether or not you will return, my best advice would be to keep what is on your avatar, and what ever items you deem to be a favorite. Anything else you could give away in the charity/ quest forums to those who are deserving or in need of an item you might have. This is a fair option in my opinion.

Impassioned Misfit

I wish I could tell you that Gaia is recovering and going to get better.
I can't.
Whichever way you decide to exit, whether it be with a bang or a quiet fizzle, I wish you all the best and hope you find a place as good as Gaia once was, if you so wish it.

In a relationship with a fleshlight

Ladykiller

if you give it away, you will stay away.

Ain't no way Gaia is gonna go back to the way it was.
Just keep your account and your items that way when you do come back you can spin around, and be free from being locked up and um wait that's me I was recently released from Gaia's correctional facility... Anyways, I say that in spite of all the craziness if you still have fun, then have fun. Taking breaks is okay especially now that they don't lock us up anymore... so take a hiatus and come back later (especially for events and such).

Anxious Kitten

10,000 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Menstrual Cramps
Keep your account.
Gash and I kinda uncovered that 133Tgate fiasco, but neither of us are leaving. Since you've never spent GC then you should feel proud of your account.

Take a break, that would be best. We all take breaks from things we enjoy.

wow, the art on your sig is adorable! who drew it? is there an art shop for it?

Demonic Sex Symbol

40,925 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Runway First Contestant 50
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
if I was quiting I would dump all I could in dumpster dive and they things I couldnt I would either do a giveaway or sell them in the mp for super cheap.

Omnipresent Spirit

Personally, if I were to quit I'd donate generously to some of my close friends and then keep the rest in case I were to ever return. I've quit and returned to gaia several times over the last 9 years, so I wouldn't want to start from scratch.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff