Welcome to Gaia! ::

:)

:) 1 100.0% [ 327 ]
Total Votes:[ 327 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20 21 > >>

Tipsy Wolf

idk what this anime is > biggrin

Man-Hungry Borg

Ooh this is great news, this series is one of my top three favorite mangas. emotion_c8

Questionable Warlord

Honestly? Is Ai Yazawa back?
Last time I heard something about her was a few years ago when she had
some mysterious illness and no one knew why there was no detailed information.
At that time I was really hooked on NANA and wanted to know how the story would go on, especially after Ren's (spoiler) death.

I hope she will be able to continue her work, although I'm not sure in how far the 4 year hiatus will affect her mangas. A manga usually follows a certain mood and string but seeing as she distanced herself from them, she will approach them with a different mindset.

Beloved Dog

-Gezus-x
It's a pretty popular josei/shojo series that has been serialized in English. The manga has been on hiatus since 2009. An anime came out in 2006 and has been dubbed in English. It has two live action movies as well. It centers around two women with the same name and age who move to Tokyo on the same day. They end up being suite mates and they have an interesting friendship. Googling it would be much better than my description though...

Beloved Dog

TBerserk
Honestly? Is Ai Yazawa back?
Last time I heard something about her was a few years ago when she had
some mysterious illness and no one knew why there was no detailed information.
At that time I was really hooked on NANA and wanted to know how the story would go on, especially after Ren's (spoiler) death.

I hope she will be able to continue her work, although I'm not sure in how far the 4 year hiatus will affect her mangas. A manga usually follows a certain mood and string but seeing as she distanced herself from them, she will approach them with a different mindset.
I haven't heard any news of her actually coming back full swing, but these shorts are promising. Her drawing skills don't seem to be far off from where she left off as well. It feels like it's kind of slipping back into the Gokinjo Monogatari feel rather than the specific way her characters looked in 2001.

Beloved Dog

Anti-Ling
Awesome
I was looking for these~

seems like she's slowly getting back into the swing of things
she was probably working on the next chapter while doing these Junko's Places
which I could never complain about. yazawa omake are always so rad~
That would be wonderful. I have no doubt in my mind she knows exactly where she wants to go with the series. She just needs... to draw it! Hopefully these installments are rekindling her drawing mojo or something.

She also seems tojoke a little about her her health hiatus, perhaps hinting at a possible return (?) It would be nice. But honestly, the fact that we're even SEEING anything from her is quite the improvement.

Tipsy Wolf

now whats shojo
elpantalones
-Gezus-x
It's a pretty popular josei/shojo series that has been serialized in English. The manga has been on hiatus since 2009. An anime came out in 2006 and has been dubbed in English. It has two live action movies as well. It centers around two women with the same name and age who move to Tokyo on the same day. They end up being suite mates and they have an interesting friendship. Googling it would be much better than my description though...

Beloved Dog

-Gezus-x
now whats shojo
demographic; girls

Tipsy Wolf

so like uta no prince???
elpantalones
-Gezus-x
now whats shojo
demographic; girls

Beloved Dog

-Gezus-x
so like uta no prince???
Yeah, I would probably say that is shojo... it's different from NANA however since it started out as a game (like CLANNAD, Brothers Conflict, etc) and is a harem. Personally, I've always thought as NANA as josei (demographic: older women), but since it was translated and serialized in Shojo Beat!, I usually say it's shojo too.

Tipsy Wolf

so is shojo just like basically romance???
elpantalones
-Gezus-x
so like uta no prince???
Yeah, I would probably say that is shojo... it's different from NANA however since it started out as a game (like CLANNAD, Brothers Conflict, etc) and is a harem. Personally, I've always thought as NANA as josei (demographic: older women), but since it was translated and serialized in Shojo Beat!, I usually say it's shojo too.
This is awesome. I was really sad I couldn't finish Nana. Now there's at least a little hope I can. Hope Yazawa is really doing better.

Shirtless Hunter

-Gezus-x
so is shojo just like basically romance???
elpantalones
-Gezus-x
so like uta no prince???

Dude, shoujo is a demographic. Romance is a genre.
Your questions could probably be satisfied with some personal research, if just going through Wikipedia articles :'/

Dangerous Nymph

So today I was just browsing around looking for updates on Ai Yazawa and came across a banner on the cookie magazine website for the line up for Novembers issue, but I have no idea what it says except for the name NANA on it.

http://cookie.shueisha.co.jp/next/index.html <= link to source.

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
Queen Of The Apocalypse
So today I was just browsing around looking for updates on Ai Yazawa and came across a banner on the cookie magazine website for the line up for Novembers issue, but I have no idea what it says except for the name NANA on it.

http://cookie.shueisha.co.jp/next/index.html <= link to source.

Gaaaah that's so annoying! What does it say?!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff