Welcome to Gaia! ::

:)

:) 1 100.0% [ 327 ]
Total Votes:[ 327 ]
< 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 20 21 > >>

blahhhhhhh Another hiatus? crying I was hoping it was going to come back since its almost july 7/tanabata since Ai yazawa has a way with 7s.... I hope we don't have to wait 7 years... I will wait patiently though haha. One day right? When it comes I think we all will be crying for a long time haha. 3nodding its become such a habit to look every couple weeks to every month man 5 years....

Beloved Dog

nana hachiko 707
blahhhhhhh Another hiatus? crying I was hoping it was going to come back since its almost july 7/tanabata since Ai yazawa has a way with 7s.... I hope we don't have to wait 7 years... I will wait patiently though haha. One day right? When it comes I think we all will be crying for a long time haha. 3nodding its become such a habit to look every couple weeks to every month man 5 years....
It's what we're getting from this translation, but... I'm not sure if it's official. Junko is implying that the omake is ending/hiatus-ing:

5/31/14
Check out the next translation! Ai Yazawa is such a tease!
takrai-tama translation
Kyosuke: But by ending this omake page, does that mean the author is finally resuming the main story?

Junko: NAH! About that, if the author has recovered, she would quickly finish the manga. [there's not hope that this manga will last (or end?, It's pretty small so I can't really tell)]

User Image
User Image

Beloved Dog

About the last update ^^, more specifically the quoted area:

Guys I'm seriously bummed. I'm guessing her illness isn't gone completely. Although it's been awesome that Yazawa has enough optimism/strength/stamia/whatever to be drawing these omakes. Seeing as it might be stopping again isn't very hopeful, I'll admit.

But why must she joke and mess with my emotions? I don't find that panel funny in the slightest.
*insert heavy exaggerated sigh*
Oh well.

I also heard a vague rumor about it restarting in the Fall? There was no evidence. Or rather, I was not really inclined at the time to look for such evidence, but I'm assuming if it were true we'd ALL know about it by now and it would be making waves on ANN. So, my bad if it's true and I'm brushing it off. Unlikely though. Oh how I would love to stick my foot in my mouth for being wrong though!

Eh, but I'm just babbling/complaining/worrying right now. Any thoughts?

-Pants

P.S. DESPITE MY COMPLAINING...As always, I hope that Ai Yazawa is getting all the medical attention and rest she needs/deserves (and not just because I want to know the end of NANA, but because it definitely takes precedence).

Hope you all are doing well.I'm thinking of making that opening post less messy and more readable. There's two versions (raw and translated) of everything and it's making it really long. Maybe in my free time.

Beloved Dog

Anastasja-witch
Are you sure that Nana will have comeback in may this year?
Btw,on some tumblr blog i find that Nana Osaki originally was created to be model for hair dye. (Ai Yazawa the mangaka of NANA, used to create models for hair colors). Is it true?

http://koomalaama.net/teaparty/photos/japan3/jp3yazawahair.jpg

Nana,is that you?
I'm sorry, I realized when I first answered your post (2monthsago) that I didn't read it completely!

About the hair model dye, my impression was that Yazawa was commissioned for the hair dye art for the Beauteen company. I think dates would be helpful for us to see "which came first", ya know?
I love the example image though! All the other boxes looked beautiful as well. I'd love to know the stories of all the women featured, honestly.

Beloved Dog

*talking to myself, but that's okay*
I guess all we can do is patiently wait, and hope for the best.

Sparkly Phantom

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tipsy 100
I'm new to the thread !! hello there biggrin I love NANA very much its one of my favorite series. I even roleplay Hachiko on tumblr. I really hope Ai Yazawa feels better soon. I'll try to be very patient and wait, like Hachi does for Nana crying

kahono's Senpai

Spacey Nymph

I fell off the Nana bandwagon a few years ago after I got really upset about the direction the manga was taking but I'm happy to hear she's doing better. I'll probably end up picking it back up again one day, she's one of my favorite manga-ka

Friendly Explorer

5,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
Hey elpantalones, thanks for making this thread. I'm an avid fan of Nana and I was a bit bummed when I found out it was hiatus. But who knew Ai Yazawa would be on hiatus for so many years? I think I've been waiting around since 2010.

I check on Ai Yazawa's status 2 or 3 times a year now. It's nice of you to provide the omake scans, I didn't even know those existed.

I'll be checking this thread for my updates haha. biggrin

Tactical Enchantress

20,090 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
emotion_bigheart

O.G. Gaian

9,025 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
I hope I'm not the only one who thought how darling it was to see Shin with an iPad. Even just seeing one of them holding a piece of today's technology is enough to send me back and give me crying face. When this went on hiatus, iPads weren't even a thing yet. Just think about that, lol. Ugh the depressing feels. Waiting!!

Beloved Dog

Jentern
I'm new to the thread !! hello there biggrin I love NANA very much its one of my favorite series. I even roleplay Hachiko on tumblr. I really hope Ai Yazawa feels better soon. I'll try to be very patient and wait, like Hachi does for Nana crying
That's wonderful! I'd probably follow you, haha!

Beloved Dog

MizukiLee
Hey elpantalones, thanks for making this thread. I'm an avid fan of Nana and I was a bit bummed when I found out it was hiatus. But who knew Ai Yazawa would be on hiatus for so many years? I think I've been waiting around since 2010.

I check on Ai Yazawa's status 2 or 3 times a year now. It's nice of you to provide the omake scans, I didn't even know those existed.

Oh, no problemo! Someone else is actually scanning and translating, but I thought it would be cool to keep track of them all smile

It's been since 2009. I remember back when I used to look for the scans online every few months or so...then a 3 month hiatus turned to 5 years. Can you believe how the time has passed?

Beloved Dog

FancySeraphim
I hope I'm not the only one who thought how darling it was to see Shin with an iPad. Even just seeing one of them holding a piece of today's technology is enough to send me back and give me crying face. When this went on hiatus, iPads weren't even a thing yet. Just think about that, lol. Ugh the depressing feels. Waiting!!
Someone needs to draw this!

But he'd be almost thirty!

Friendly Explorer

5,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
elpantalones
MizukiLee

Oh, no problemo! Someone else is actually scanning and translating, but I thought it would be cool to keep track of them all smile

It's been since 2009. I remember back when I used to look for the scans online every few months or so...then a 3 month hiatus turned to 5 years. Can you believe how the time has passed?
Wow, so it's been 5 years. I know! Ah, well, if there are other manga to keep me busy, it doesn't seem too long haha.

I actually thought she had a super terrible illness that took away her ability to draw...but then I saw the omakes that you posted so I'm confident she's able to finish up Nana. ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff