Welcome to Gaia! ::

:)

:) 1 100.0% [ 327 ]
Total Votes:[ 327 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 >

SarinaSan90
Could someone post the picture here? I can't find it... and I would be very happy to see it.

Hope for Nana to come back. ....

But she is drawing thats great and keeps the hope high

Okay so it won't let
Me copy and past the link but if you click on cookies post from 7/10/16 (it's a link to the June issue , there's a lot of blue and a manga guy on it.) scroll down until you see 4 images previewing the issue. Click on the one N the lower right hand corner( on mobile ) and nana is the first picture.
Meggzz_Xp
SarinaSan90
Could someone post the picture here? I can't find it... and I would be very happy to see it.

Okay so it won't let
Me copy and past the link but if you click on cookies post from 7/10/16 (it's a link to the June issue , there's a lot of blue and a manga guy on it.) scroll down until you see 4 images previewing the issue. Click on the one N the lower right hand corner( on mobile ) and nana is the first picture.

Maybe I am too stupid but can't find it.... could you make a screenshot? =(
SarinaSan90
Meggzz_Xp
SarinaSan90

Okay so it won't let

If you follow exactly what I said on mobile
its there. I can't upload images directly to the forum.I'll try to get a link.
SarinaSan90
Meggzz_Xp
SarinaSan90

Okay so it won't let

Well I tried to upload images but that didn't work. The best I can do is this -> http://s.ameblo.jp/cookie-shueisha/entry-12169365898.html

That's the site. Scroll down until there are 4 pics next to each other. Click on the last one. Then there will be more images. Nana is in the first one .

(This link takes you to the same place the images on cookies Twitter does.)
And that's why I have to be too stupid... there are only three pictures.... -.- .... And I have tried with my mobile phone too but I totally can't find it... =( thats so sad!

=(
Here's a link to a FB album with all the calendar images: https://www.facebook.com/FanaticosdeAiYazawa/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1060741443959401

Turned up in a google search for "nana calendar"
SarinaSan90
And that's why I have to be too stupid... there are only three pictures.... -.- .... And I have tried with my mobile phone too but I totally can't find it... =( thats so sad!

=(

http://s.ameblo.jp/cookie-shueisha/image-12164681840-13656957046.html
Hope this helps, it worked for me atleast smile
Oh thank you! Now I have it biggrin ...
So nice!

I like that picture... Is it in this issue in bigger format? Then I would buy it XD ...

Beloved Dog

Some of you guys were talking about this earlier, but I'm adding it to the top post now!

6/26/16

Ai Yazawa's illustration for Cookie Magazine's 16th Anniversary!!

User Image

Sources: https://twitter.com/cookieshueisha/status/745859355938033664, http://cookie.shueisha.co.jp/, kuropigeon on tumblr
Hoping for some information next month! Doubtful but I'll have hope until the day yazawa confirms or cancels the rest of nana.

Hoping for maybe info given in July . Maybe on the 7th XD Since it'll be the 7th day of the 7th month of the 7th year lol !

Beloved Dog

Here's the first Opening Post that I'm deleting 07/03/2016:

Pants
To those new in this thread, Welcome!

Over the past few years I've been compiling news regarding NANA and anything Ai Yazawa, so if you have anything to share, please leave a comment with a source and I will be sure to add it to the list of news! Also be sure to tell me if I have made any errors!

Basically this is just a place I dump and source any NANA/Ai Yazawa news from the past few years...

It would be highly appreciated if anyone had the time and ability to translate some of the snippets as well. I would if I could.... but I can't. Thus, that is where my helpfulness ends.

Enjoy!

-Pants

Also, here are some NANA resources:
Cookie's Website - the magazine NANA was serialized in, and where you can find Junko's Room
Official NANA Site- This one is very special and helpful, especially since it has recent updates. You will see in some of the Junko's Place installments that there are 'advertisements". These are often to backgrounds and adorable NANA images you can get on your phone. There are QR codes provided, all you have to do is click on the little diamond-shaped link.
NANA anime site
NANA's official movie site

I also do a lot of snooping on tumblr and twitter and pull a lot of images from those sources. If I forget to add source links don't hesitate to inform me (it's not on purpose!). Also, if you feel you need to credited for the source, please message me on either tumblr and/or here so I properly source all the information. I have the same username everywhere.
Sorry in advance sweatdrop

Edit 02/1/14: Oh! Also, some good news!! The source for all the Junko's Room Scans says that they plan on translating the past and future installments. Sooo, technically... all the images below should have a real translations. I may or may not quote them here.

Please also note that Junko's Room is also on a hiatus, so at the moment there might not be any updates.

So friends, feel free to scroll on and remember I mostly just dump the info whenever I hear about it, so it's not a complete collection of updates...just whatever I eventually hear

----
Jan, 26 2013:

Greetings! How has your year been so far?

After a few years of waning optimism, there seems to be a new installment of Junko's Place appearing in the 2013 March Issue of Cookie magazine! Well, at least according to this small blurb from ANN : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-01-25/nana-yazawa-draws-new-junko-room-chapter

So any thoughts? Obviously it's great to hear the potential of any kind of recovery on Ai Yazawa's health (not that the article really divulges that kind of information). But, anything beyond the 2010 "she left the hospital" update is promising considering I haven't seen more than a Christmas doodle from her in the past 3.5 years.

Moreover, while it's not actually a real chapter of NANA, it's definitively a step in the right direction. And by "right direction" I mean anything current at all that can bring hope for the possibility that we can read a conclusion to the NANA series.

Oh and please feel free to talk about anything slightly related to this. For example, Yazawa related story-lines... other series on hiatus.... how this should be in the Manga subforum ....

Edit 2/1/13:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Also, if you want to know more about the Christmas Card stuff, I'm pretty sure it was off the official website HERE where I was linked to the information on that (quite a few months ago).
And here is a link to Cookie , which is ridiculously girly, haha~

Edit 6/21/13

First off... here are some raws from that March installment.
I hope it's not against the rules here...

Below: Celebrating Cookie's 13th Anniversary
User Image

User Image
User Image

I guess I should mention July's Junko's Place....

According to a rough translation from the source, the characters discuss the possibility of NANA's continuation. It's noted that Yazawa has been ill, HOWEVER the paparazzi guy displays photographs of the mangaka travelling and making appearances. It may be a joke but it's still promising guys wink

User Image

User Image

Update 8/3/13

The September Cookie seems to have a new installment, and I will tell you what I know. Below is a link and translation from a [source]. I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it's still something right? Feel free to take a jab at the translation if you want.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Source Credit:
http://takrai-tama.tumblr.com/post/56803105486
takrai-tama
Yazawa Island and Junko’s Bar!

So I did a summary of Junko’s Bar with my bad Japanese… Please correct me if there’s any mistakes!

So Yuri and Miu comes to Junko’s bar but find out that it is closed due to the author’s feigned illness sham.

Inside the bar, Miu is skeptical about believing Yazawa’s sportive photos and adds that in the first place why is Yazawa a monster. Shin tell them that it’s actually Junko’s usual excuse to take a leave and he also wants to take a rest too. Much to shin’s surprise, Yuri doesn’t get why would one want a rest after a long-awaited turn and says that she’s gladly to do this job (of being the bar’s Mama-san). However, Miu tells yuri to play the customer’s role since there’s no need to have three waiters in such a deserted shop like this, while putting on a kimono (preparing to be a Mama-san). Yuri protests because she wants to play the Mama-san’s role but Miu doesn’t seem to care and continue to do her hair while questioning Yuri whether she is willing to do everything. Yuri disagrees, saying that Miu is more suitable for the customer’s role and she wants to choose her job too! Miu has finished dressing up and says she can do the job of a Mama-san.

So the two are on war, each holding a flag saying, “Yuri’s Bar" and “Miu’s Bar". Yuri objects that she can absolutely attract more customers but Miu still thinks she won’t be able to manage the shop. Yuri angrily replies the bar will be something if you put customers in and Miu remarks that it’s just sweet thoughts. All these happening with Shin gulping his wine calmly. He is fine with whoever being the Mama-san, however, they are running out of page so he’s going home. Goodbye! And the other two were shocked by his words, thinking so short!!

9/27/13 - Alright, I've caught wind of the November installment. More Shin!! I wonder what they're saying??

Source: http://takrai-tama.tumblr.com/ It's a lovely blog, follow if you'd like : )

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

11/23/12 AHHHHHHH I don't have time to investigate, so maybe someone can help?
Tumblr source: kawaiizekai

These new Christmas post cards exist.... any indication of a new chapter anytime soon???

Looking back on the year, it has been a great one for NANA fans. We may have not gotten new chapters, but the fact that we have Yazawa drawing again is still pretty sweet. She's keeping the hope alive for NANA, even though a lot of fans had already given up on new material. Well, it makes me more excited.... could we see a conclusion to NANA in the future? I would very much enjoy that!
User Image
User Image

11/29/13 - There's a new Junko's Place for 1/14. Look's like George stops by crying
Source: http://takrai-tama.tumblr.com/

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

!!!

And from the same very lovely tumblr source, a better look at the postcards:
User Image

UPDATE 1/27/2014

Happy New Year! Upon my many hours of procrastination, I've encountered these lovely scans of March 2014's Tazawa Island/Junko's Place. The source is the same as before!

Source: http://takrai-tama.tumblr.com/post/74715271869

And, as usual (this is turning into an extremely long OP), here are the scans:

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Shouji makes another appearance, it seems.

Also, there are some re-releases of Paradise Kiss. I know it's been going along for a while now (and I'm not sure the specifics), but the new covers are just fabulous. Yazawa's still got it, amirite?

1/28/14

Welp, the same account posted a translation:
User Image
User Image

This was the text:
takrai-tama
Junko’s Bar (Junko’s Room) - Cookie 26/01

I think Shueisha is going to publish Paradise Kiss which used to be published by Shodensha. That’s why they are promoting it here. Also, they are advertising Tenshi Nanka Janai and Gokinjo no Monogatari e-book. I think you can download the first volume of Tenshi Nanka Janai for free until 31 Jan.

Maybe 2014 will be the year of a NANA comeback??
--------------------------
ALSO, it has been mentioned in this thread before, but back in the Fall the anime GOLDEN TIME (Episode 4) introduced a character called Nana.
User Image

Click the link below for more information... or just watch the show:
Golden Time Wiki.
I saw some of the episodes on Crunchyroll, which is legal. It still may be there.

Here's the new one, same source....MARCH 2014

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

"Yazawa Island vol.107 & Junko’s Bar - Cookie 05/14" Or is this for May? I don't even know.

5/27/14 Here's another update.
First of all a wonderful translation of the May Issue.

User Image
User Image

Second of all the raw version of the July Issue.

User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image

Third of all: JUNKO'S ROOM HIATUS. So a hiatus within our hiatus D: D: D:

Look below for new information:

Also an Image:User Image

"Ai Yazawa congratulating Cookie’s 14th anniversary."
**Note updates, translations, and images provided by takrai-tama of tumblr.

I'm not sure if it's official. Junko is implying that the omake is ending/hiatus-ing:

5/31/14
Check out the next translation! Ai Yazawa is such a tease!
takrai-tama translation
Kyosuke: But by ending this omake page, does that mean the author is finally resuming the main story?

Junko: NAH! About that, if the author has recovered, she would quickly finish the manga. [there's not hope that this manga will last (or end?, It's pretty small so I can't really tell)]

User Image
User Image

Edit: 1/28/2015

It has come to my attention the NANA website was updated 1/26/2015 for some announcement I can't read, so I am posting an image and link in the hopes someone can translate smile

User Image

http://annex.s-manga.net/s-nana/

Edit: 1/29/2015

Yay! According to tumblr user hajimercrea it's the beginning of new upcoming illustrations, Check out that link!

User Image

Edit 1/30/2015

Here we go my darlings:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Link for sources!

Edit 3/26/2015

Look what we got here:
User ImageUser Image

They're illustrations for a mask case

Source: http://lemon-teddybear.tumblr.com/post/114675305528

Here is more information:

[LINK from tumblr user hajimecrea]

hajimecrea
Another issue of Cookie, another NANA bonus!

This month’s bonus is a mask case which features the whole cast (decked out in masks, no less). And like all the bonuses, this features a specially drawn illustration by Ai Yazawa.

The bottom pic announces the next bonus: A magnet featuring the members of Blast. It’s out on May 26.

Update 10/15

Sorry, there has actually been a few art updates featured in Cookie since my last post.For example, the magnets discussed earlier...that came out in July (?) I think. And autumn artwork for Cookie's Oct 2015 issue.My computer is out of commission at the moment, so I will just provide links for now and update with images later:http://cookie.shueisha.co.jp/lineup/nana.html
Update (Sept 2015-Dec.2015)

Okay so I haven't been on this website in a bit but here it goes:

Cookie released this stationary earlier this year:

Source

User Image
User Image
User ImageUser Image

A few months ago this imaged surfaced in an issue of Cookie...which you guys probably mentioned already but, it's this one:

User Image

Source: Cookie's NANA Calendar News Link (ANN)
User Image

User Image
User Image

Source
And here's the calendar!

Source
User Image
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And, once again, I would like to thank the source (who you all should follow for great NANA updates). I don't mean to pilfer from their blog, just to document any updates I find to this update thread I started a few years ago for myself and other fans. This calendar is really great news and I look forward to any and all updates from Ai Yazawa (particularly from this series).

I'm excited for what may happen this year for the series...more so than I have in previous years (although those Junko's Rooms were a great treat.
I also forgot to link to this illustration of Nana Osaki for Cookie Magazine's 10th Anniversary. The source asked to not re-post, so here are the links

https://41.media.tumblr.com/82252b5615f0e7b73a68b34b1be53f32/tumblr_nrc17eSLi31qd7ux4o1_540.jpg

http://strange-earth.tumblr.com/post/123817063283/ai-yazawa-drew-this-for-viz-medias-10th

Note: I don't think this is actually new (since I recall a 14th anniversary illustration), but it's cute.

Also, here is an image of the magnets from May I mentioned months and months ago:
User Image
Source: the NANA official site link (above)

Update: 1/29

No actual NANA news, but people have commented some wonderful things. The first being this quote from page 17 of this thread!::

a n a l a i g h
Update 12/23:

I just received the December issue of Cookie magazine from Japan- the Nana calendar is beautiful!

Nana was also the theme for the appendixe!
Below are links to the pictures I have taken of the appendix:

And a beautiful Japanese woman translated it for me:

"First picture:
Mangaka Ai Yazawa introducing 2016 Nana Calendar
The attached gift of this month's magazine is 2016 NANA calendar illustrated by Ai Yazawa.
The theme of this calendar is the life After "NANA".
You will enjoy imagining the stories behind each month's illustration.
Person 1 said : "I like the March and April ones because of warm hearted feeling infer from them."
Person 2 said: "I like the February one because it's so cool!"

Picture 2:
1. "NANA" illustration calendar! Yazawa created these illustration by thinking of how every character will be after "NANA" story ended.
2. It's a gorgeous calendar, you can enjoy beautifully drawn illustration every month!
3. Pooh, then how about this month...and this character... Wow I am excited just to imagine how they are now!
3. But I'm sure Miss M (the one with glasses) must be crying in joy each new month because if seeing these beautifully drawn illustration!
4. No.... I'm not crying.... I'm an adult for goodness sake.... (Tears streaming down) "Well I clearly see clean tear streak coming down your eyes!"

Picture 2, panel 1 gives me hope- since this is a calendar inspired after Nana ends, maybe she will finish it!

The second, found on the same page:

shadowpal2
Hi everyone,

I created an account just to post this but:

http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/?sid=37720

This is to show that they are actually having a TV program in Japan later tonight where they get some japanese talents together who will discuss about why they're obsessed w/ NANA.

This in no way is confirmation yet that the series will continue from next year or something like that - BUT let's just say I'm just glad that they are talking about it.

But why WOULD they talk about a manga if IT IS NOT going to start again? Also considering the new calendar illustration and all - I'm feeling it, I think we'll see NANA come back soon. I want to believe.

If anyone can find a transcript, link, or translation for anything that was discussed in particular that would be super-cool.

6/26/16

Ai Yazawa's illustration for Cookie Magazine's 16th Anniversary!!

User Image

Sources: https://twitter.com/cookieshueisha/status/745859355938033664, http://cookie.shueisha.co.jp/, kuropigeon on tumblr
-----------------

Pants
Sooo, I would say there's something positive happening for Yazawa fans for 2016. Hopefully, if things keep going this way, it will result in a healthy Ai Yazawa and a completed NANA.

2016 here we go!
I really need to clean up this post. I realize some images no longer show up and it's on my to-do-list to find them again with permanent links and sources.
*Sigh. Yet once again Yazawa-San creates another beautiful drawing of NANA O. Celebrating Viz Medias 30th! Check it out on Instagram @ ai_yazawa - created on 07/7 sad ((( OMGGGGG I CANT ANY LONGER. Anyone else constantly checking for any updates before they head to bed ?!!?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff