Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Smoker

Euluxity
Chahklet
Euluxity
HMS Thunder Child
Euluxity

Fighing back is one thing. Playing victim is another. I'd agree yes, the LGTB community faces a lot of oppression, and standing up for your rights is good, but when you retaliate in the same way the oppressor is, then you become an oppressor which is just as wrong. I'm not calling you that. I'm calling the ones who do that such things.
Do you know what it would take for us to "retaliate with the same"? We'd have to do all the historical stuff. Stone tons of straight people to death. Then when we're not doing that, imprison you and sterilize all of you and what not. Then we'd have to enact laws that allow us to keep you poor and homeless without access to necessary medical care. Then we'd have to pretend like we're the victims in all of it.
Everyone complains about reverse bigotry but they're really not ready to see what that really is.

I am ready actually.
Like I said. I want homosexual marriage to be legalized. I want it to have equal opportunities in the workplace. I want it to have confidence in walking outside. I want it to be free. These things I hope dearly and sincerely. I hope we all see the needs that we need. I'm sorry that you and the community you represent feel this way. I'm sorry that people who are anti gay have oppressed you and made you feel like there is a war going on. Again I'm sorry.
A one-sided war. Gay people don't hate straight people. They don't lobby against straight people. They don't ridicule straight people

There are some.
Please give me something. Some kind of evidence.
CuAnnan
King Seth
Chahklet
A one-sided war. Gay people don't hate straight people. They don't lobby against straight people. They don't ridicule straight people

Some gay people do. No, they don't. Some gay people do.

Can I get a single sizeable population (1k+) of straight people that have been subject to any kind of rampant discrimination on the behalf of gay people?
Seriously.
One single community that has been actually oppressed.

Ok, imagine I posted "straight people don't hate gay people. They don't lobby against gay people. They don't ridicule gay people."

I'm just saying you cannot claim all Gay people are one thing. They are still people, they'll vary, some will hate straights and seriously as a proportionately more victimized subgroup of society they have a better reason to hate straights than the other way around.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
King Seth
The Legendary Guest
King Seth
A Mythic Angel
How I wish it was legal to just kill off the bigots, and prevent them from reproducing, the world would certainly be a better place.

Bigots are people like everyone else. Just let them be as long as they aren't hurting anyone.
And voting to keep people from having equal rights, is that "not hurting anyone"?

Would you say engaging in the democratic process would be a step up or a step down from "kill them all". Hurting people wise.

I'll wait while you consider.

Systemic oppression is not as bad as being killed?
Distorted_Rage
Yeah I am trolling a bit. biggrin

I can think for myself but I have been molded in a certain way. You could likely talk like that to someone else but no I am not a puppet.

Does it make any sense to be with someone of the same sex? Beyond your emotions which are somewhat valueless in life it doesn't make sense. being with someone of the same sex means no reproduction and there would be no need for two genders. it's simply impractical.

I don't expect you do anything different. Let the wicked do wicked but that doesn't mean say something.

Well we're on one accord there

It's not hateful. I'm simply stating what I believe. I'm tolerant of homosexuality and just because I don't agree that it is Okay does not make it hateful.

Worded that wrong. Basically I'm sure about my sexuality and my belief does not stem from worry of it.

Ok I was shaky about saying that myself but it seems that disagreeing with homosexuality is hate and what is wanted is to oppress those who disagree.

Again, my bad shitty wording. I think that the community that I'm in wants to shove this down our throats.

To I AM R U

Last I checked, choosing to get involved physically with someone else is not driven by the need to be "practical" or to "make sense". That idea is so ridiculous I really have to guess at what you even mean when you say that. If you mean that a romantic/sexual relationship has to be procreative (as is suggested by "practical" wink , then I think you need to expand your disapproval to include women and men who are incontinent either genetically or by chance. You'd also have to address the fact that a number of animals and creatures breed without two genders. If by "make sense" you are referring to some meta sense of order, then you need to state what hat meta order is before people can really respond.

Tipsy Smoker

King Seth
CuAnnan
King Seth
Chahklet

Can I get a single sizeable population (1k+) of straight people that have been subject to any kind of rampant discrimination on the behalf of gay people?
Seriously.

Ok, imagine I posted "straight people don't hate gay people. They don't lobby against gay people. They don't ridicule gay people."

I'm just saying you cannot claim all Gay people are one thing. They are still people, they'll vary, some will hate straights and seriously as a proportionately more victimized subgroup of society they have a better reason to hate straights than the other way around.
But what's your point? I can find PROOF of SOME straight people persecuting/hating gays? I'm asking for proof for SOME gays persecuting/hating straight people.
Chahklet
King Seth
CuAnnan
King Seth
Chahklet

Seriously.

But what's your point? I can find PROOF of SOME straight people persecuting/hating gays? I'm asking for proof for SOME gays persecuting/hating straight people.

http://www.queerty.com/2-violent-lesbians-sent-to-jail-for-straight-bashing-flirtatious-male-neighbor-20100712

And I feel very annoyed you made me do your own ******** googling for you, serious, just type straight bashing and wade through the 40 or so joke articles.

I don't know why people find it so funny to write about gangs of gay men beating up straight guys, I didn't find a lot of jokes where women were raping men.
Chahklet
I'm asking for proof for SOME gays persecuting/hating straight people.

Dan Savage Interview, Part 4: I Used To Hate Straight People

Tipsy Smoker

Lucky~9~Lives
Chahklet
I'm asking for proof for SOME gays persecuting/hating straight people.

Dan Savage Interview, Part 4: I Used To Hate Straight People

THANK YOU. Now, all I need is evidence of straight people being persecuted and I'll rethink my position. smile

Tipsy Smoker

King Seth
Chahklet
King Seth
CuAnnan
King Seth
Chahklet

Seriously.

http://www.queerty.com/2-violent-lesbians-sent-to-jail-for-straight-bashing-flirtatious-male-neighbor-20100712
And I feel very annoyed you made me do your own ******** googling for you, serious, just type straight bashing and wade through the 40 or so joke articles.
I don't know why people find it so funny to write about gangs of gay men beating up straight guys, I didn't find a lot of jokes where women were raping men.
Yes, it's disgusting. But the reason I asked you is because you're the one who said it. :/
Chahklet
King Seth
Chahklet
King Seth
CuAnnan

Seriously.

Yes, it's disgusting. But the reason I asked you is because you're the one who said it. :/

I just wanted people to stop generalizing, all I said was that you can't say all X people are Y and I WILL ******** STAND BY IT, because that's something I believe in.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
King Seth
Chahklet

And do the gay people have the system backing them? No? Then the war is one-sided.

Floppy Member

King Seth
The Legendary Guest
King Seth
The Legendary Guest
King Seth
A Mythic Angel
How I wish it was legal to just kill off the bigots, and prevent them from reproducing, the world would certainly be a better place.

Bigots are people like everyone else. Just let them be as long as they aren't hurting anyone.
And voting to keep people from having equal rights, is that "not hurting anyone"?

Would you say engaging in the democratic process would be a step up or a step down from "kill them all". Hurting people wise.

I won't be considering that at all. You can either answer my question or we can stop the exchange.

Omfg. I was talking to one specific person who was actively advocating murder. I parroted back the "conventional" liberal response to people with differing life choices to show her that she was just as dirty as all the people who advocate for gays to be taken out the back of their clubs and lined up against the walls.

I'm sorry you could not see that and i'm sorry I did not notice you were not the same person I was trying to enlighten. I was mistaken. This exchange is done.
Next time, try considering that there may not be a "conventional liberal" or "conventional conservative" response that acknowledges the differences in individuals. You have no idea how ridiculous that sounded when offered up as an excuse for not making blanket statements.
The Legendary Guest
King Seth
The Legendary Guest
King Seth
The Legendary Guest

I won't be considering that at all. You can either answer my question or we can stop the exchange.

Omfg. I was talking to one specific person who was actively advocating murder. I parroted back the "conventional" liberal response to people with differing life choices to show her that she was just as dirty as all the people who advocate for gays to be taken out the back of their clubs and lined up against the walls.

I'm sorry you could not see that and i'm sorry I did not notice you were not the same person I was trying to enlighten. I was mistaken. This exchange is done.
Next time, try considering that there may not be a "conventional liberal" or "conventional conservative" response that acknowledges the differences in individuals. You have no idea how ridiculous that sounded when offered up as an excuse for not making blanket statements.

I'm pretty sure you just didn't read the original quote but wanted to weigh in on my one line of text, so it's still on you.

That or you just had to defend the poor poster who wanted to murder people, because that really was the crux of the issue. You could tell from the quote, had you read it. Also it wasn't a blanket statement, it was a point of view, as illustrated by the quote, the one I quoted.

Anyway i'll consider making my personally directed zingers more accessible to the other people who cannot resist on commenting on them and in return you'll stop acting so stuck up on the internet, deal?

Floppy Member

King Seth
The Legendary Guest
King Seth
The Legendary Guest
King Seth

I'm pretty sure you just didn't read the original quote but wanted to weigh in on my one line of text, so it's still on you.

What, to your way of thinking, is "on me"?

Quote:
That or you just had to defend the poor poster who wanted to murder people, because that really was the crux of the issue.

You responded to a blanket statement, and I asked a question about your response, which you then defended by making a blanket statement. I find that ironically amusing.

Quote:
You could tell from the quote, had you read it. Also it wasn't a blanket statement, it was a point of view, as illustrated by the quote, the one I quoted.

Define what is meant by the term "conventional liberal response" if you maintain that it is not, in fact, making a blanket statement about a group of people you perceive to be "liberals".

Quote:
Anyway i'll consider making my personally directed zingers more accessible to the other people who cannot resist on commenting on them and in return you'll stop acting so stuck up on the internet, deal?

Not even remotely interested. Sorry, Charlie.

Floppy Member

King Seth
Chahklet
King Seth
Chahklet
King Seth
CuAnnan

Seriously.

I just wanted people to stop generalizing, all I said was that you can't say all X people are Y and I WILL ******** STAND BY IT, because that's something I believe in.
You mean sort of like making a comment to the effect of, oh I don't know..."conventional liberal response", maybe? Practice what you preach and people will be more inclined to take you seriously.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff