Welcome to Gaia! ::

Agreed, the slots were good. :C So many cool pokemon you could get early on.

Spoopy Werewolf

you don't really have to be graphic about the fact that animals have babies though? just an "oh look ur pkmn had a baby! take good care of it!" wouldn't go into any more detail than a 10 year old should know but still be less weird-vague than "~*ooOOooh! a mystery!*~"

and i'm pretty sure the gamecorner thing was because of laws in either Europe or the UK that won't let games have overt gambling in them without raising the rating really high
also Voltorb flip was a terrible game oh my god i'd almost forgotten about it

but eh their vagueness has simply left me enough room for my headcanon that the Pokemon Gender Binary is a human idea and pokemon do not actually care B}) *twirls my large villanous mustache*

Generous Giver

Voltorb flip was the worst game ever
I almost always lost

Ladykiller

Voltorb Flip made me what to stab my stylus into my DS screen. 8D! I sucked at it so much.
I remember playing voltorb flip for most of a road trip so that I could get a dratini. XD

Spoopy Werewolf

i think I played it once or twice and all that came from that was screaming frustration so I never touched it again! C8
what was it even supposed to be? like, minesweeper+sudoku+satan or something????

omg Rene you are a trooper. :'|

ok i really need to go now *waves and zips away*

Anxious Lunatic

36,525 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Magical Gems 500
Revel1984
Emalthya
Revel1984
Emalthya
Revel1984

Cross shop tipping, there? LOL People here aren't accustomed enough to my craziness to be entertained by my freaky dreams XD
hmm?

You tipped me in MLP?
OH, lol i lurk about XD

I do also, but only because I'm asleep when everyone else is active!

Anxious Lunatic

36,525 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Magical Gems 500
Well, ah, about the gender vs sex thing, as I always thought that Tauros had a counterpart in another pokemon species- eg miltank, I kind of thought Revel's Tauros was a male assigned Tauros identifying as female.

When it comes to really deep emotional details and preferences, I would not think things like that would go on certs because they are often very large- imagine if we had a genderfluid pokemon- what would we put on their cert? And would everyone understand it, even lay people? Those kinds of things are best in journals or spoken to in person, if a person wants to rp with you, they will learn even if your journal is out of date. If they want to breed and you're like 'Thanks for the offer, but nah, my pokemon identifies differently from their assigned sex' then you're going to learn also.

Slightly irrelevant, but did you guys know that two male swans will kick a female swan off her own nest to brood on and hatch the eggs and raise the cygnets? One male in a lifebond with another will even breed with a female and then attack her until she leaves so the males can raise it!

*Two male swanna with ducklett* ^___^

Feral Vampire

I was a part of a shop once that had the biological gender on the cert, but in our journals we just went crazy with whatever we wanted them to be aside from that. smile Usually if people cared enough they put it in their journals, and mutual people who cared could check and it really wasn't that inconvenient. And just because a pokemon would -identify- as a certain gender, doesn't mean that their biological sex would change.

Perhaps naturally sex-less pokemon could simply be ditto-like in nature, and chose gender as they see fit (which can be put in the journal), but they can otherwise breed with any other sex in their egg group? So the cert is still just, male/female/sexless...

edit: Though in the shop I mention above, we pretty much let anyone breed with anyone... even had a few triads! So... it depends on how fluid you want to be. I just think it would be hard if we abolished gender/sex from the cert completely, because making sure I use the right pronouns already give me a headache and makes me really nervous... alas! <3 Just my opinion.

Romantic Man-Lover

guessing you're talking about h&h.

my two cents, which I'll spoiler just for those who care to know, or what ever.

I think that the sex/lack of sex of any Pokemon, regardless of what is typical in the games/normal Pokemon world, should be up to the player. Seeing as this is a different world entirely, and as mentioned before, is composed of different elements that don't correlate with the mainstream Pokemon world, I see no problem in allowing this. It certainly doesn't cause any sort of conflict, in my mind, to have people make their Pokemon be what ever they want them to be. And on the gender affiliation aspect, that's another thing that can be further explained in journals or via rps the Pokemon's involved in. There has also never been any actual explanation of how breeding happens in the Pokemon games. While it is assumed and implied that it is by "normal" means, this doesn't necessarily have to be true or so, here.
I know for my own shop, while there will be biological sex, gender will be entirely up to the players. And so while there may be a biological sex, it doesn't limit characters/players in anyway, regardless of gender. If that makes sense?

all in all: I think the sex should be up to the player, regardless of what is the norm in the mainstream Pokemon world. That's the fun thing about shops is you can enhance/shake up what was lacking in "the real world".

Feral Vampire

@Musi: ^_^ Definitely referring to H&H... miss that place so much. *chuckles and sighs* And I totally agree with your thoughts there!

Herbaceous's Wife

Cosmic Rabbit

15,000 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
*rolls through*

Vicious Firestarter

*collapses on the thread*
Omg, finally home crying Now to destress. I have my Epidural tomorrow and not looking forward to it!

Anxious Goat

I have a job interview tomorrow! Yay!

Zempre: Epidural? Why? D:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out