Welcome to Gaia! ::

Perhaps we could change the cert to say sex rather than gender.

Ladykiller

Maybe a poll can be made in the main thread listing all of the options and the final choice can be made as so? However, I fear poll spammers just going for the gold and choosing any one, so that may not be a good option...

Adorable Trickster

Sorry for just up and disappearing, all. My ride to my doctor's appointment decided to show up 4 minutes before the appointment started. orz

Ladykiller

It's no problem, Qix. Totally understandable~
I can see both sides of the issue. There's a benefit and a downside to both. Extra info on the cert makes breeding easier but is confusing for some. Not putting it on the cert and making it strictly RP/Journal based can complicate things for those who don't RP as much or for those whose journals are out of date due to busy life (or whatever reason really).
Could do a poll in the guild.

Ladykiller

Poll in the guild sounds like an idea; much better than public thread affairs.

Moonlight Hunter

23,990 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
so they made a mega charizard x item....wonder how long it'll take Zaki to get it

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Revel1984
for the B/C i always assumed gender and sex were the same thing, just that Gender looks better on a cert than Sex, given that people can be incredibly childish about certain words.

so ... yeah confused XD
-slow to the chat- i like seeing the word gender over sex on certs for BCshops.
and also, i find symbols on cert sometimes really ugly , but it can look great on some certs *i only like gender symbols on matope certs* if extra and soquili change it, i would most likely slowly not frequent >.> that's just my view. i prefer words over symbols. in the game i almost always ignore the symbols after their names.

also ignore the quote i thought what you thought but it was explained what the difference between gender and sex is a few pages back..

i am okay with the owners being able to make their pokemon male or female or genderless. whatever they want their pokemon to be. since like someone else mentioned, extra works a bit different than the actual game itself.

if changes do happen, i too lazy to request new recerts jsyk

Spoopy Werewolf

*throws my two cents in before going to pack*

personally I get really frustrated at pokemon's whole thing with having really rigid gender separation while also going "lol idk where this egg came from! no one does! not a single person in the world! what a mystery! :)"
like, that egg could have came from the egg fairy pokemon and actually has nothing to do with gender and since no one has apparently ever seen an egg appear or a pokemon do-the-do this theory could be right???
so i feel like gender shouldn't matter at all with breeding *loud shrugging*
*points at the pokemon company* HA! you gave me a non-binary loop hole! >:P

tl:dr, i vote anarchy *shot*

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
I agree that we should stick with biological sex on cert, and if a pokemon identifies otherwise, then note it in a journal. If people don't RP, then having just the biological info on a cert is clearest for breeding and such. If people do RP, then they're likely to check a pogey's journal, or could just be told by the player.

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
@Neko: But Nintendo also markets to small children, so they can't outright mention sex or birth because parents would complain. Like parents complained about gambling in the games, so they switched the game corner to a logic game instead of slots, then removed it altogether.
You know, now that you mention it...they did remove the game corner. I never noticed till you said that XD
Wow I didn't notice either

Dedicated Loiterer

I miss the slots. They were fun. :<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out