Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Unoderi
Maybe, if the circumstances arise, the line can read "Gender: Female ♂" or vice versa on a cert if the owner desires it?

EDIT :: Actually, from a sociological standpoint, gender and sex aren't the same thing. Sex is what an individual is assigned at birth, gender is what they choose to identify as; be it male, female, outside the binary spectrum, or even fluid between the two genders.

see that would kind of really confuse me to be honest. Having two things on a cert like that

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Ryuukishin
That sounds like a rad idea, Nana!

And lmfao Rev, I remember the first time I learned what sex (18+) was, and on official documents I was just like... are they asking for M/F or Y/N.................

LOL that's why i assumed Gender meant Sex, since the word Sex can be used for the action as well as denoting male/female so .... yeah super confusing if we started using two things, as i'm sure, like most people, i've always just assumed Gender meant the same thing on a cert, especially when it comes down to breedings and whatnot.

Ladykiller

I guess it comes down to accustoming yourself to it, aha. If it is was written as "Gender: Female ♂", that that character is referring to themselves as female and the appropriate pronouns should be used such as she/her/hers. Of course, this is just an extra option. The owner can also just request, "Gender: Female" on the cert.

Man-Hungry Fatcat

@Rev: I can see why! I think it can ultimately make things clearer, though, once people got used to it; eg.

- Gender: Female ♂; for a pikachu with male reproductive organs that identifies as female
- Gender: Female; for a pikachu with female reproductive organs that also identifies as female

The cert would make it clear that same-sex breeding isn't going on (unless we change it?? ghost list).

And we would be happy to explain and add clarification in relevant threads (eg. cert thread, breeding thread) if it would help as well, if it's something we choose to implement!
Ah, I don't really care either way, haha. Extra does a lot of things different from the game, so I don't see why the gender restrictions can't be lifted as well.

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I just don't know if that sort of thing 'belongs' on a cert, having the two options i mean, (not that i think it's wrong, just confusing) since that sort of thing, identifying as male when your sex is female (or whatever) could be put in a journal and played out that way, you give the information that way, and the cert is just the sex/gender as birth sex, on the cert.

Not that i'm saying it's a BAD idea, but i'm dyslexic and it would confuse the hell out of me, and i'd be constantly asking whether "blah blah"s sex is male or female, for breeding purposes. It takes a long time for me to get used to new stuff and wrap my brain around it due to the dyslexia XD

*already has a headache* lolol

Anxious Goat

I mean for the same sex breeding, I had chosen Pokemon that would probably show no sex characteristics like all the ghosts, mineral pokemon like magnemite line, klink line, beldum line,bronzor line, nospass line and others like vanillite line, cryogonal...etc

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
I don't mind lifting the whole gender resrictions, hence me having a female Tauros, but do we need two sets of info on a cert, denoting gender vs sex? .. idk

Much Wolf

I never thought about it o:
If someone identified as one gender, I never bothered to wonder if it was in alignment with their biological functions since it didn't matter to me.

How would that affect breeding though?

I'm totally down for whatever, it doesn't bother me either way, but I'm curious as to what this would mean for the shop :3
I don't think there should be two sets on the cert. The cert should have ONLY the sex. The gender is something that can be determined in the journal and in RP.

Edit: This is because having clear official info on the cert will make breeding much easier.

Anxious Goat

Rene has a good point too. :3

I'm fine with whatever Qix decides!

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Again i have been assuming, ever since my first days in the B/C that "gender - male/female" on a cert was it's sex ... so yeah .. dyslexic brainache.. haha ah well whatever happens i'd just get used to it, it'd just take a long while and a lot of confusion on my part for a while
Revel1984
Again i have been assuming, ever since my first days in the B/C that "gender - male/female" on a cert was it's sex ... so yeah .. dyslexic brainache.. haha ah well whatever happens i'd just get used to it, it'd just take a long while and a lot of confusion on my part for a while

To be fair, that's something that I've always assumed, as well. I figure that they use 'gender' rather than 'sex' because people are so afraid to say sex. XD

Man-Hungry Fatcat

@Micro: Ahaha, that makes sense!

@Rev: And I can see the arguments for that! (A similar thing actually came up in Soq since we could tell sex by lines for ponies, but not for familiars, so we're just like... okay. xD)

I think personally, I would prefer both, since if there's just one info, then people tend to assume the gender aligns with the sex and I'd rather not deal with the hassle of clarifying it all the time haha.

As mentioned, though, I understand the reasoning for having just the sex on the cert and am cool either way. ^^

Hungry Fairy

71,725 Points
  • Bonfire Starter 500
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
I have wondered myself if there would be a way to play trans pogeys. I agree that it's probably most important to keep the biological designation on record in the shop, but, as far as the cert goes, "gender" isn't the right word for that. I do like the idea of having both gender and sex on the cert.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff