Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adorable Trickster

SadWhiteRaven
*late to the party due to connectivity problems* What is defined as "telepathic ability", though? What are the rules? I think I have a flawed understanding of them. *brow furrow*

since this turned into a long ramble, I'll spoiler it. ^^'

If I recall right, Lucario and Zoroark were specifically excluded in the past, despite being used as speakers for metaplot purposes, and haveing at least one(or more in zoroark's case, if human speech not clearly telepathic is included) anime/game/ect examples of human language communication, but Duskull doesn't, does it? Ralts' hidden ability -is- called Telepathy(which allows it to avoid friendly fire), but aside from the one anime instance, there isn't another example for it, either. . . I wonder, how much of there only being one of a lot of species showing the ability is that none of the others felt like it, rather than lack of ability? XD

If there needs to be at least two pokemon of a species that have shown the ability to communicate in human language in the show only, (movies, games, ect excluded), what species can? Just... Lapras and ...possibly Mewtwo? Though I know bulbapedia's list is incomplete, so there might be more, since I recall this unlisted episode: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EP232 )

No offense is intended! I'm not overly familiar with what Meph's done or the later seasons of the anime, I'm just going off bulbapedia.

Actually, didn't it used to say that psychic communications were only for a Psychic trainer and their (also psychically inclined) pokemon, and Psychic trainers had to have prior approval?

Pondering this made me realize that Zoroark's Ilusion is essentially a form of telepathic manipulation, though it doesn't seem to have other psychic abilities. It makes you -think- it's transformed. It probably can't technically make the calls of the species it transforms into (including humans), but it can make you think it it's doing it flawlessly. Which made me wonder if you recorded video/audio of a transformed Zoroark, would it record it's true form/sound? I find this highly amusing! Spookymoviepremisftw XD Pokemon logic probably lets the illusion form be recorded though, but whatever, still a cool AU XD

I don't know how it was in the old shop, but I don't think Panda ever had a problem with Meph using psychic communication with Lenore, so I dunno. I thought the rule was just that, if they had a psychic ability, then it was okay. xD

Straye's Fangirl

Devoted Cultist

@Mew: I am so sorry I replied so disgustingly fast. xD I have class in an hour and I'm procrastinating getting ready. Also my muse is through the roof and I'm not hating it one bit~

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
@Ruler: That's fine! I'm eager for RP, too. smile

Straye's Fangirl

Devoted Cultist

@Mew: Excellent! This is making me realize I actually have to start battling Doom again. xD The one battle I attempted to have with him the other owner never responded and now it's the first ever old a** RP stuck in the Suburbs subforum. xD

/flits off to class

Ladykiller

Glad to hear people are eager to RP!

META.

Meta's sure are fun~

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
@Ruler: Yeah, I ought to have Shaun battle his conflict-loving Marowak, too. It'd let the pokemon safely let of steam, and give Shaun more chances to see pokemon.

Vicious Firestarter

Nanashi Kage Enjeru
Sooooooooooooooo.......anyone wanna get bowled over by a hyperactive growlithe?
I stick Zephar up for it cause i'd find his reaction a bit amusing

Straye's Fangirl

Devoted Cultist

@Mew: Shaun has steam? xD His character seems so laid-back

Romantic Man-Lover

I think mewrose is referring to Shaun's Marowak having steam, not Shaun himself.

Straye's Fangirl

Devoted Cultist

/facepalm
Of course. xD Sorry, I've been a bit frazzled all week. Thank you for clarifying, though!

Vicious Firestarter

Alright posted once more in the meta now time for lunch I'll be back later guys!

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
@Ruler: That's right. Scrapper likes picking fights, so Shaun doesn't let him out much around other people or pokemon.

Unrelated note: Wee, I just got a job offer IRL! Now to debate whether to accept it or to wait until the interview for a different job I have in 2 weeks. The other job would better suit my professional goals, pay better and has benefits. But the job offer is right there and I'm not sure how to say "Can you wait 2 or 3 weeks while I wait to hear about this other place before I decide?" and make it sound nice...

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500

Ladykiller

User Image

leafeon item.
is dat a leafeon item.
i think it is.

glaceon item.
is dat a glaceon item.