Welcome to Gaia! ::

What animal BEST describes A Black Shield

Stalking Jungle Cats (ex Panthers) 0.25961538461538 26.0% [ 27 ]
Fierce and Loyal Wolves 0.42307692307692 42.3% [ 44 ]
Other - explain in thread 0.028846153846154 2.9% [ 3 ]
GOLD 0.28846153846154 28.8% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 104 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 178 179 180 > >> >>> »|

Alrighty then, and I suppose the invite only would make sense. =) Man, I sorta wish there was a Green Rider RP somewhere...I'm just finishing up the first book for the second time.
You could always start one. =)

So, I'm curious, how did you find out about the books?
The first book I got was the First Rider's Call, which I thought had an interesting cover. XD No joke; I read it and decided to get the first book (which helped with some things I wasn't sure about) and then I waited for High King's Tomb and got it as soon as it came out. X3 Been waiting for the 4th ever since. Pretty cover. XD
Hehehe--The interesting cover is part of the reason I picked up the first one to begin with.
I applaud you for sticking through FRC without having read the first one!!
I'm a sucker for fantasy heroine books. =) But yea, I was really hooked on the second book and wanted to get the whole story instead of just moving onto the next book.
I am too. I can't WAIT for the fourth book! ^__^

Valiant Jackling

Sorry I've been gone so long guys crying gonk I;e had a summer job that's consumed like all my time and when I did have free time I just wanted to laze around - I'm teaching kids 10-17 to make sprite based video games. Kids take the energy right out of you... especially when they're the behavior-issue ones >___< It's most been fun though smile Just very time consuming. Even after hours I end up looking at their games work out glitches and learn / re-learn how to do things they want to know how to do. Only after that do I sit back and chill before hitting bed. I have 1, most likely 2, more weeks before it's done. They, hopefully, I'll be back on here regularly. Gotta get back to job hunting too at that point..... **groans**

haha. An RP. I think it would be fun to read, but I don't like RP-ing myself. Dunno why. Something about it just doesn't click with me. I love writing, but not RP-ing razz

I'm a "cover reader" too. If I think a cover is ugly chances are I won't read the summery. Humans are visual people, which is why they make the covers. If I'm standing in front of a bookcase holding hundreds of books I'm not going to read all the summaries. I have to narrow the selection down somehow XP So I rely on covers and titles... not the best thing I know because their are gems that hide behind awful covers and mediocre titles but what else can you do in a huge bookstore razz
That brings up an interesting question: who WOULD join a Green Rider RP?
Welcome back Era! ^___^
Ohh, that sounds neat--but exhausting. Good luck in the job hunt.

I scan titles for something that sounds interesting--I've a knack for picking out titles to my favorite Genre (it's not that hard when you think about it). Then I look at the cover--generally I'll read the blurb, unless I really dislike the cover. If I'm interested by the cover and the title I'll read the blurb and perhaps scan the first page or so, as well as the reviews.
I'm probably missing a lot of good books this way, but it saves on time. But I'm not terribly finicky either, if I've dismissed a book, and someone else recommends it to me, I'll read it. I've found the vast majority of my favorite books that way (you'd think I'd learn).

Zealot

Skeiphes
That brings up an interesting question: who WOULD join a Green Rider RP?

I would! Being the avid rper I am : P

I'd make one, too; but I'm taking a break after the drakengard one I created >.<''

5,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
We all have to have a way that we narrow down what books we read. If we didn't we'd just be overwhelmed by the sheer inability to narrow down what to read.

Mine is a series of things. 1. the title has to be readable and just in general look good and pop out 2. title has to be bigger than the author's name 3. title has to be interesting and incite interest 4. cover has to look good (not necessarily a pretty picture but the colors have to work and once again, the title has to be bigger than the author's name) 5. blurb has to be interesting and avoid certain words (like "historical fiction" or anything that implies it, "coming-of-age", "magnificent novel", etc.--basically anything that starts to tell me what I'm supposed to get from the story in the way of a theme or moral). Only after that will I consider reading it.
Hey guys sorry I have not been on much! Summer is ending so fast and that makes things for my world a lot busier! xp Still can't wait for the next book though, I keep wondering what will happen! Lol my gecko did the strangest thing yesterday, her tail was wagging a mile a minute then she snapped at the glass. Did she learn the tail twitching from my cat? Or is this just a normal habit for leopard geckos she has never done before? xd

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
*wanders in*
.... HAI GUYS... and new faces!

welcome back Era, its good to hear from you, grats on your summer joby-job, it sounds super challenging (but then again I HATE kids) but im glad your enjoying it even if its exhausting!

I tend to pick my books either by referal (ie someone said that was good - is how I had to read twilight) and then I like to lurk in the fantasy section I pull books based on Title and Cover ... and then summary and first chapter ... but mostly if I have an author I like I'll pick-up more of their works.

as for a GR RP ... I dont think I'd be up for it, Im like Era I'd like to read them But im not likely to participate!

11,750 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Megathread 100
Tarantellatears
I am too. I can't WAIT for the fourth book! ^__^
... only 184 days till book 4!!! ^w^
Yay! *Jumps around*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff