What animal BEST describes A Black Shield

Stalking Jungle Cats (ex Panthers) 0.25961538461538 26.0% [ 27 ]
Fierce and Loyal Wolves 0.42307692307692 42.3% [ 44 ]
Other - explain in thread 0.028846153846154 2.9% [ 3 ]
GOLD 0.28846153846154 28.8% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 104 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 178 179 180 > >> >>> »|

Banedemon
i would join... I am also a RP-er...i have DM'd and Played various types of RP games and i am trying to figure out how to figure in the rider powers into a version for RPing..

WHO attended GENCon INDY????

Yes! finaly! Someone from this thread that is actualy online the same time as I am!

Invisible Treasure

15,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
If we wanna do an RP...We would probably have to do side arcs with business going on as usual....riders going out with letters, problems with messages (shooting the messenger) and so on... we could do an arc that goes after the 3rd book, but we might disappoint ourselves with an arc we want and not what we get.
Maybe...but that's the only way I can think of. We can still try and see where it leads us.

Invisible Treasure

15,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
we could.....hmmmm....i will have to think of the rules for spec abilities and enemies, a map of the castle, a map of the land, Horse ablilities, and so on and so on.. maybe do a d20 modified system....
Sounds great. I think we should also allow cannon characters,because the story would be nothing without them.

* "Way to go, Captain Obvious" Willis said as he looked at the computer screen.

"Shut up." Lia replied.*

Sorry, couldn't resist biggrin
You could always stage it as a prequel-like thing. So that it would take place before the books. Of course I'm not sure how much we know about the world to be able to do that . . . But that way we have free reign of the story arcs.
True, but it would probably be pretty boring. Nothing realy big has happened in Sacoridia since the long war.

Invisible Treasure

15,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
maybe an arc of of the LONG WAR or maybe an Eletian arc...
I was thinking a long war arc too. And just because nothing as momentous as what's been happing in the GR books hasn't happened doesn't mean NOTHING has happened. I'm sure there have been a lot of petty things going on. You could do an arc on the end of the Sealender line--lots of chaos and excitement there.
I see your point. Anyways, I wondering what everyones thoughts on GR fanfiction are. Personaly, I love it, even though KB stated specificaly that she didn't want to have fanfics based on her stories. *smiles sheepishly* (yeah, that was a real obviou subject change, but the RP talk was starting to get boring, to me at least)
A Long War Arc would give us plenty of room to maneuver. And there are so few riders out of that time that we know anything about that we'd be free to insert our own characters without having to worry about keeping characters we know in-character.

If we do an arc set during the time-line of the books I'd suggest something set maybe just before or during GR/FRC/HKT so we aren't build a future we know we won't see in Blackveil. And I vote we keep the canon characters strictly to passing references for the most part.

4laugh Though If one RP'er wants to spend an entire afternoon stalking Fastion through the castle I'm all for it. If you roll under a 10 he catches you and informs the Captain, if over you continue your obsessive ogling to your heart's content. XD

@Black Shield Lia -
I've always be partial to fanfiction. I started my writing there (not in the Green Rider genre though) and I still write for some fandoms. I think it's a great way to exercise your writing skills and experiment with format and style and get feedback on it. I do read Green Rider fanfic, even though KB dosen't like it.

In my mind her books are so wonderfully rich with detail and life that I simply want more. Years separate these books and I can only read them so often before they become a little tedious. I've read Green Rider thirteen times or so, and while I love it, it's always nice to get another perspective on things, even if that perspective comes from a fanfic.

I'm all for it, as it keeps things fresh and entertaining during the long wait between books. It's a means of keeping elements of the fandom active, engaged, and constantly thinking about the books and characters which is a glorious thing with these wonderful books. I cannot in good conscious be opposed to it.

5,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
I'm loving the idea of a(n?) RP. Especially if we set it in a time where magic would be a bit more accepted and less persecuted

@Ace Ryn Knight: The Fastion idea sounds like great fun biggrin Would there be any repercussions from his reports?

@Black Shield Lia: I've never been a personal fan of reading or writing fanfic but I love that it's out there. It means people are reading and thinking about the books and becoming so enmeshed within the story that they've made an emotional bond with certain characters and want to see their stories go better or worse. I can understand why authors wouldn't want fanfic but I don't think they'll ever be able to stop it.
Wow, didn't think many people would actually go for the idea of an GR RP. |D I was thinking the RP would either be based on the events during the Long War, or some time WAY after the third (and what would be the fourth) books.

@Lia: I think that fanfics are alright as long as they are about minor characters or OCs; using main characters in stuff that is non-cannon can get annoying with the nerdy people who point out what's wrong with what is written and who compare it with the actual story. |D Sure, some nice main character action is nice in fanfics, but people get carried away sometimes...like how shippers were with Avatar: the Last Airbender cartoon.
@Skeiphes: Actualy, almost all of the stories with major characters are realy good, or at least decent. Just becaue people got caried away with Avatar, or Harry Potter, or Percy Jackson, etc. *shudders* doesn't mean GR fanfics will be like that. KB has some pretty decent fans, and that's like saying books shouldn't be mad into movies, because Eragon was such a EPIC FAIL! Double, no tripple emphasis on fail burning_eyes

@Ace: I agree with you, stalking Fastion sounds like fun xd I think you just found our solution!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff