What animal BEST describes A Black Shield

Stalking Jungle Cats (ex Panthers) 0.25961538461538 26.0% [ 27 ]
Fierce and Loyal Wolves 0.42307692307692 42.3% [ 44 ]
Other - explain in thread 0.028846153846154 2.9% [ 3 ]
GOLD 0.28846153846154 28.8% [ 30 ]
Total Votes:[ 104 ]

Valiant Jackling

G-luck with your job Bane! I think I'd die if I had to work nights >.o

On a different note... I always seem to set over zealous tasks upon myself, and then nothing gets done because I'm overwhelmed and don't know how to start and/or complete them (and I'm super over critical on myself >.< ). Gonna see if I can build a fairly complicated plushy by the end of February. I designed it 2 years ago and then balked when I began converting it into blueprint format. I wasn't sure how to do it properly >.< I know I should start off with the simple stuff, but I also know it'll bore me to tears (and the simple plush toys don't exactly use blueprints either, from what I saw on a few tutorials). The plush I wanna make is three dimensional and has joints. Dunno know knee and elbow joints are going to work though... it was designed so that, in theory, they'll function, but I've never done anything like it before and the tutorials I've run across only ever talk about the hips and shoulders. Should be interesting.

Also discovered automatons last night, thanks to my sister-in-law, who sent me a video of someone's science and "toy" collections. A google search yielded a few papercraft automaton models for download. I really want to learn how to build them! I love mechanical toys heart I own nearly two dozen tin toys xd I'm not savvy (or comfortable) enough with power tools to ever make a wooden or metal one (the latter being the traditional format), but if I can figure out papercraft I should be able to make any number of things.

I think it'd be neat to build a Green Rider automaton!

But... making blueprints for anything kills me >.< I can design a figure or a toy, but when it comes to "smashing" it into pieces for production my brain has difficulties wrapping around it.

I have to work on that...

Invisible Treasure

15,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
ty for the luck Era... i never seem to have enough time... though i finally got promoted from seasonal to employee... though i seem to be working less hours now than i did when i was seasonal... xd

Era i wanna see pics of the plushy when you are done with it.

And i am amazed at how quiet the Green Rider Den has been!!! what happened to all of our riders? almost a full 2 weeks with Era being the last Rider to post!!!!

ION..
Blackviel has been released in Tradeback. Looks like i will have to pick it up in order to complete my collection of Tradeback GR Books.

There are going to be a total of 8 books for the GR series. At least that is how many she is under contract for.

CHRISTMAS SNIPPET
Vasper the royal armorer tightened the side straps on the king's breastplate, and then stepped away. Laren noted two important things: The first was that Zachary had not yet recovered much of the weight he had lost since his wounding from the assassin's arrow. His cheeks were more sharply defined making his expression more severe. He trained away any remaining weakness, sharply defined making his expression more severe. He trained away any remaining weakness, she knew, with Arms Master Drent. She thought, perhaps, he worked too hard. Maybe he thought that by doing so he could erase the past. It left him all sinew and muscle.

The second important thing Laren noticed as he turned to gaze at himself in the mirror, tugging on the breast plate to check its fit, was that this was not his parade armor. This was true battle-worthy steel lacking decorative embellishment. The only ornamentation was the silver etching of the firebrand and the crescent moon across his breast. This was Zachary's war armor
END SNIPPET

She also has a new kitten named Watson who, apparently, likes to play with internet wires and break keyboards.

Zealot

Omg, I read that snippet when she posted it on fb <3 It makes me so impatient D:

Greedy Fatcat

Great snippet. <3 Absolutely CANNOT wait much longer.

Invisible Treasure

15,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Another snippet posted today!!!

A snippet from GR5 celebrating the removal of carpet (at least in one room):

Start Snippet

An explosive noise made him leap from a dead sleep to standing in a mere moment, his heart raging against his ribcage. He had no idea what the sound was or where it had come from, but he knew it was for one purpose only: to torment him. To deny him even the escape of sleep. Without it, he’d be ever more likely to falter and give them the information they wanted. It would weaken him.

End Snippet

Valiant Jackling

OMG guys. If you have the chance, go see Jack the Giant Slayer. It's really good.

I saw a bit of bad press about it - something about it not doing well this weekend (it's opening weekend), but this film is, in all honesty, good. Well worth the ticket price (I enjoyed it a lot more than The Hobbit, I will admit).

Plus, the Black Shield, I mean the Guardians, have a staring role whee

THEY'RE REAL!!!!
User Image

I was fan girling all over this movie. Elmont, the main Shield Guardian is total love. In some ways he reminded me of Fastion. And he's cheeky to boot xd

Rough quote:

Elmont (to Jack, when they're climbing the beanstalk)- "Afraid of heights?"
Jack (nervously looking down) - "No, but I am afraid of falling"
Elmont - "Well, don't fall."
Jack- "... thanks for that advice."

I had all the feels for the Guardians. And almost cried when some of them died sad

Elmont (aka Ewan McGregor)
User Image

I didn't have the hots for this actor until I saw this movie. Lol. He's gorgeous and makes a magnificent character. He gave Elmont so much personality. The actor for Jack was pretty good too. A little awkward, but I think that's part of Jack's charm. He grows so much throughout the film.

I think I'm going to go see it again, if I get the chance emotion_c8

It's not really surprising the film is having financial problems though. The producers released it in March, instead of summer, when big budget block buster movies are expected to debut. Plus, summer is just a better time for movies in general because people are more likely to be on vacation, spend money, yada yada. The film isn't Iron Man or The Hobbit. It doesn't have a cult following to draw people to the theater during the quieter parts of the year.

Time will tell if it'll get a following though. Iron Giant did terribly in theaters but has gained quite a following since.

Changing topic a wee bit... I want Elmont's armor scream Lol. I totally love it and not just because I love his character. *wonders how much his outfit would cost*

Valiant Jackling

Hope all you Riders are safe biggrin

Greedy Fatcat

I finally got to see Les Mis this week. It was absolutely incredible. <3333 Javert would make a good Weapon.
I'm back from...somewhere other than being on gaia. smile

Invisible Treasure

15,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
snippet
A little something for the Easter basket, from GR5 (a.k.a. Messy Marvin the Martian Manuscript):

In short order, several varieties of chocolate were brought in on a rolling tray and presented to [Him]--fudge, solid bars of dark chocolate, truffles, lighter chocolates oozing with cordial, chocolate molded into soldiers, turtles, and gold-dusted leaves. There was even a pitcher of warm, thick sipping chocolate and a tiny mug to drink it out of. All of this, but no Dragon Droppings. He chose the solid bar of dark chocolate. The scent of all of it concentrated right in front of [Her] almost made her swoon, and she realized they had probably bypassed suppertime quite a while ago. She was starving. Dr. Silk did not invite her to try any of the chocolate.

Invisible Treasure

15,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Twiganut
User Image

WELCOME RIDERS!

wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

(a.k.a. Messy Marvin the Martian Manuscript) has a beginning, middle, and end. About 80 pages need to be typed in, during and after which lots of fixing and revision will occur. When that's accomplished, Then, and only then, will Mme Editor see it, and that part of the process will eventually begin. BUT the biggest part of the work is over (unless I'm told to trash it and start over!). And yes, it's real. I don't joke about these things, and my wrist knows what it's been through over the last few days. Whew..

wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

Zealot

I saw!!
Great little surprise c:

Valiant Jackling

Better late than never...

Pictures of my Black Shield cosplay!

Twiggy invited me up for a world wind adventure this past weekend and we snapped some pictures. We meant to get ones with her in Rider garb too, but time slipped away too quickly. Ah well. Next time!

If you have Ms. B on facebook you might have seen pictures since I tagged her in two of them last night, but if not....

Here are links to my Deviant Art page where I posted a few:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

One of Twig's friends was kind enough to take the pictures whee

Sorry about them being totally late, guys. I know several of you wanted to see it when it was completed, but I'm terrible with remember to take pictures of my costumes >.< I just like wearing them xd

Invisible Treasure

15,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Another Snippet!!!

Kristen Britain
Here is a snippet from GR5 for no particular reason. Can't remember if I've posted it before. If so, oh well, here it is again:

How did the mortal humans stand it, knowing their lives were so short, spanning but a mere breath of an Eletian’s eternal life? That this was where it would end for them, deep in the earth, fodder for worms? And how they struggled to fill that brief life with all the passions humankind could muster. They struggled, struggled as the salmon swimming upstream, only to end, to end forever in nothingness. He did not understand why they did not just collapse in despair, but perhaps he could better appreciate why they clung to myths of their gods and an afterlife – these beliefs of theirs, false or not, gave them hope, allowed them to continue on.

End Snippet!
(I color all my snippets white so that those that don't want to see it, don't have to!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff