Welcome to Gaia! ::

What are you: anti? neutral? fan?

An anti 0.56361514090379 56.4% [ 3380 ]
Neutral 0.25212606303152 25.2% [ 1512 ]
A fan 0.078539269634817 7.9% [ 471 ]
EDWARD'S SO HAWT!!!1!1apple 0.029348007337002 2.9% [ 176 ]
Poll whore~ 0.07637151909288 7.6% [ 458 ]
Total Votes:[ 5997 ]

I don't really like Twilight. I read, like, 10 pages but I gave up. I prefer the House of Night series by Kristin & PC Cast. xd

5,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50

7,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
FireStormRuby

..Why Lord must they ruin my childhood.
FireStormRuby

I, well, um, err. I posted a comment. Seriously though that movie preview clip is annoying me a lot now. Everytime I hear that first Bella line, I want to slit my throat. It's so a**l.

Dapper Capitalist

FireStormRuby

Oh wow, not too long ago we were talking in the Official Sticky about how Meyer might have intended her story to have subtle beauty and the beast theme, wait, I can probably find the quote.

CreativeButLazy]
socialblasphemy
CreativeButLazy
Here's something new to discuss that came to mind. Does it feel like Meyer might have been trying to imply a beauty and the beast theme to her story, where Bella = Belle (no duh) and Edward is the supposed "beast." If that's the case then I say Meyer completely missed the point of the story. The whole point is falling in love with a beast as in a hideous monstrosity, not a "god like figure." But Edward does keep going on about him being a monster and dangerous, I think that was Meyer's way of trying to say "look he is a beast, and Bella's sweet for loving with him anyway."

Now maybe we can get a real discussion g
8kb0xagx:4="CreativeButLazy
Here's something new to discuss that came to mind. Does it feel like Meyer might have been trying to imply a beauty and the beast theme to her story, where Bella = Belle (no duh) and Edward is the supposed "beast." If that's the case then I say Meyer completely missed the point of the story. The whole point is falling in love with a [i]beast[/i] as in a hideous monstrosity, not a "god like figure." But Edward does keep going on about him being a monster and dangerous, I think that was Meyer's way of trying to say "look he is a beast, and Bella's sweet for loving with him anyway."

Now maybe we can get a real discussion going.

I think there's definitely something to that point.

I think it was probably a secondary bit of subtext that was haphazardly thrown in there, so that the story could have a 'moral'. Of course, it may have been an actual attempt at character development by Meyers, which is saying something. Not something good, but something.

And yet, like I said, she completely missed the point of the story. In my opinion, beauty and the beast is one of the most engaging love stories when it comes to fairytale clichés, because it's the only one that actually centers around true love, coming to care about a person for who they are not what they look like or your initial impression of them. Actually taking to the time to get to know the person as a person. And Meyer missed that completely.

5,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
I found another(or the same) Phantom of Opera/Twilight video, and guess what I saw in the comments:
"Duuuuude. That was great. Edward always did remind me of Erik."
*headwall*
I would post a link, but I don't want Mako to live through that nightmare again. crying

Dapper Lunatic

FireStormRuby

Oh for the love of Pete. I didn't even finish watching it because as soon as I heard "your skin is pale white" I just closed the window.

The problem isn't the fact that this person put Twilight audio to Beauty and the Beast clips it's the fact that the audio clashes with what is on screen. Saying Beast has pale white skin doesn't work.

Trailers like this can work, I saw a decent One Piece/PotC trailer which made perfect sense. The key to making these trailers is making sure what is on screen matches what is being said or if you're really good matches the original trailer's visuals.
Ravitacus
How did the last one get canned? It didn't even last twenty pages!
thats kool cool lol

Magical Senshi

9,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
sweet sexy girl411
Ravitacus
thats kool cool lol
...What?

Dapper Capitalist

Gai Ketoji
FireStormRuby

Oh for the love of Pete. I didn't even finish watching it because as soon as I heard "your skin is pale white" I just closed the window.

The problem isn't the fact that this person put Twilight audio to Beauty and the Beast clips it's the fact that the audio clashes with what is on screen. Saying Beast has pale white skin doesn't work.

Trailers like this can work, I saw a decent One Piece/PotC trailer which made perfect sense. The key to making these trailers is making sure what is on screen matches what is being said or if you're really good matches the original trailer's visuals.

Despite the inconstancies with the visuals(I though the exact same thing when I saw that), I have to give it some credit, it sure as hell made for a more interesting looking movie than the original Twilight trailer. It goes back to what we were saying before in the sticky, that Edward should have turned into some kind of monster, instead of sparkling.

Dapper Capitalist

Karutan Koremanu
sweet sexy girl411
Ravitacus
thats kool cool lol
...What?

troll or spammer? I'm not sure. I'm guessing spammer though.

Dapper Lunatic

CreativeButLazy
Gai Ketoji
FireStormRuby

Despite the inconstancies with the visuals(I though the exact same thing when I saw that), I have to give it some credit, it sure as hell made for a more interesting looking movie than the original Twilight trailer. It goes back to what we were saying before in the sticky, that Edward should have turned into some kind of monster, instead of sparkling.

You have a point there.

5,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
I swear if I find a video on Youtube that has the Disney movie The Hunchback of Notre Dame synced to the Twilight trailer, I'm gonna lose it.

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Either way, I'm reportin' it.
Did my last post on page 18 get swallowed? *sad* It was the last of the page.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff