Welcome to Gaia! ::

What are you: anti? neutral? fan?

An anti 0.56361514090379 56.4% [ 3380 ]
Neutral 0.25212606303152 25.2% [ 1512 ]
A fan 0.078539269634817 7.9% [ 471 ]
EDWARD'S SO HAWT!!!1!1apple 0.029348007337002 2.9% [ 176 ]
Poll whore~ 0.07637151909288 7.6% [ 458 ]
Total Votes:[ 5997 ]

Have you guys read the unofficial Twilight companion?

5,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
Gai Ketoji
[******** My Life

What really scares me is some of the comments. They're ok for a while but then...

Quote:
psh, i'd dump any guy for edward. i'd also sell my car.

Quote:
here's the thing. edward cullen is real, and is a beautiful person.
you need to be more like him

Quote:
Edward Cullen is the hottest guy is history. It has nothing to do with sucking blood or being a stalker. He makes Bella the center of his universe and is protective, loving, and honest about his feelings for her. He is truly the perfect boyfriend. So all you Edward haters, go see the movie a few more times and maybe you will be open enough to see what all the WOMEN are drooling over. Come on guys, a little jealous that you are incapable of true devotion. So....bite me!

Quote:
you are all jealous.... cause you will never compare to edward cullen, and i completely agree with the girl. if i had a boyfriend while i read twilight, id dump him too

Quote:
You're girlfriend is delusional. Edward is in love with me and only me.

*shudders*
Heres what I would say to those people, "Edward Cullen does not exist, as far as the novels go he's a description, a bunch of words, as far as the movie goes he's an actor, who's playing out the part of the character."

7,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
jordana18

No. I seen it in Books-A-Million and heard it was pretty inaccurate to the series.

Dapper Lunatic

jordana18

Nope but I might take a look at some point. I'm busy reading The Hobbit right now and plan to read Lord of the Rings shortly after.
jordana18

What is the unofficial companion?

Dapper Lunatic

Mister Manifesto
jordana18

Usually when a book get's a movie release another book is published to help explain things to people who haven't read it yet. I've noticed a few for Watchmen (well two).
Gai Ketoji
Mister Manifesto
jordana18

Usually when a book get's a movie release another book is published to help explain things to people who haven't read it yet. I've noticed a few for Watchmen (well two).

Ah, alright. Thank you. ^^

5,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
Makothecrane34
FireStormRuby
I found another(or the same) Phantom of Opera/Twilight video, and guess what I saw in the comments:
"Duuuuude. That was great. Edward always did remind me of Erik."
*headwall*
I would post a link, but I don't want Mako to live through that nightmare again. crying

Three words: Oh heeeeeeeelllllllllll no! Erik is much more awesome than Edward.

Well, Erik is kinda sorta a stalker, then again he's a madman.

7,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
FireStormRuby
Makothecrane34
FireStormRuby
I found another(or the same) Phantom of Opera/Twilight video, and guess what I saw in the comments:
"Duuuuude. That was great. Edward always did remind me of Erik."
*headwall*
I would post a link, but I don't want Mako to live through that nightmare again. crying

Three words: Oh heeeeeeeelllllllllll no! Erik is much more awesome than Edward.

Well, Erik is kinda sorta a stalker, then again he's a madman.

Yep-yep! A deformed madman who has the voice of an angel from above who stalks a fatherless opera rat that he basically taught how to sing and make her voice sound like an angel on earth.
~HugWhore~
Here's an interview, gaiz. Have fun:
LINK!

No. Just...no. Stephenie Meyer is not and will never be the next J.K. Rowling.
Wow, we're on version 4 now? I must have been living under a rock for awhile~

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Nobody Famous

Except we actually like Superman.

Smallville FTW. Plus, something else I've noticed in Clark Kent, Smallville version... He doesn't want to accept the fact that he can't save everyone in the world. Denial, much (but that's a river in Eygpt!)? That could be considered a flaw... If Meyer wrote a story where Edward had to save the world, he'd be like "I can do this", but that's because in the Meyer world, he'd be able to because he's perfect. rolleyes

Meyer's writing is so awful... It makes me want to write a romance just to prove that her writing level is painfully close to that of a 15 year old girl who knows how to use thesaurus.com... And hey, at least I try to fix a plot hole/story flaw when I notice it. I love to make up stories in my head, but I never write them down. When Meyer hears plot hole/story flaw pointed out to her, her answers seem so stupid that it's almost like they were made up on the spot.

8,600 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
[******** My Life

Quote:
I'm gonna go ahead and say that twilight fans are the ultimate annoyance on this world. Anyone who would compare real men to a (poorly written) fictional character is probably housing the mind of an angsty middle schooler inside the body of a viable girlfriend. Sad thing is, she probably isn't giving you a shitty excuse because twilight fans really are so stupid that they think everything in twilight is applicable to their lives.

Truth. I want to go to the movie screening and say something to this effect. Unfortunately, the fangirls are crazy bitches and hurt people that don't like the books.

Buuuut that means if one of them comes at us, we ca blind her in self defense. *Wants to do that so badly*

Dapper Capitalist

[******** My Life

Quote:
Twitards. xp I will be so incredibly glad when this fad finally dies down and the 'tards finally grow up and get a life (most will, at least).

It totally sucks you were dumped and I'm sorry you have to deal with that amount of total fail.

Guys, if your gf is giving you grief because you're not Edward Cullen incarnate and acts like it's your fault you aren't, if she won't shut up and lay off, you're seriously better off without her. It's the same as if she were telling you to be more like another guy you go to school with. Don't put up with that kind of disrespect and stress. You all deserve better than that garbage, so go find someone who isn't going to constantly tell you how and why (she thinks) you're not good enough.

Chicks, Edward Cullen does not exist IRL. Males like him do not, at all, in any form, exist IRL. Your boyfriends will never be like Eddykins so if you've given him a hard time because he falls short of some fictional ideal, stop. If your bf isn't good enough for you, why are you with him? How would you feel if your bf were giving you a hard time about not being like some idealized female they were all nuts about? Real guys are going to drive you nuts at times and make mistakes and they definitely can't read your mind so don't expect them to. They don't pick up well on the kind of subtle hints and clues girls like to drop, either, so if there's something you want him to know, tell him and be direct. Guys do not do subtle so don't get upset if you try to be coy and drop hints and he totally misses it.

A guy who truly loves you will not try to control your life, who you see, where you go, when you go there, who you go there with...your whole life, basically. I've dated guys like that and I've known chicks who've dated guys like that, and those kinds of guys have no qualms about hitting, slapping, pushing, dragging, shoving, and/or kicking you. They'll pull your hair and they'll pull you around by your hair, as well as any other part of your body they can get a grip on. They'll blame you for the fact they attacked you and they'll swear if they didn't love you so much they never would have done it and they're sorry and they swear it'll never happen again--until the next time their 'love' drives them to hurt you. He'll isolate you from your family and friends, chip away at your self-esteem, do what he needs to until you believe you're lucky to have him and he's your entire life.

It's easy to dismiss all this when you're reading a post by someone you don't know because the abuse is abstract and not real to you and that kind of thing wouldn't ever happen to you, anyway. I'm not in your situation so who am I to say who does and does not love you? If you think I don't know what I'm talking about, abused women will back every bit of it up, so before you end up lying about walking into doors and falling down the stairs and buying lots of concealer to hide the bruises contact a woman's shelter or domestic abuse hotline and talk to someone there. Meet a woman who's been in an abusive, controlling relationship and let her explain why what Stephenie Meyer calls love is anything but.

I think I found a new hero.

Anxious Smoker

11,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Millionaire 200
I bring you Moar Awesomeness.

Excerpt

It was then that my picturesque idea of Twilight began to change. I began to notice the weird things that happen in the book. For example, Edward stares. A lot. Not an excusable zoning-out and simultaneously people watching sort of stare. No, Edward Cullen stares at Bella like he is a serial killer and she is his next victim.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff