< 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 53 54 55 > >>

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Aachren
Dandy Highwaymen
Sounds like a plan.

Say, my teacher told me that though I'm special Ed, I won't get help in college.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TELL ME HE'S LYING.

You can get help. You have to go to a special office on campus and you'll get accommodations like extra time for tests and the like. Also, most campuses have tutoring programs and my university has a writing centre.

Wait, why would he tell you something like that?!

Oh thank goodness.

I think he hates me because I made fun of his name once.

He's Mr. Pangilinian.
I called him Mr. Penguinians. crying
Dandy Highwaymen
Oh thank goodness.

He's Mr. Pangilinian.

Yes, but you will have to go seek it out.

Yikes...he might need to grow up a bit.
Karutan Koremanu
Javier Cross
Karutan Koremanu
I will be the first to admit these books aren't worth the paper or ink they're printed on.

But I also read them.

IDK why; it's like a train wreck. That and there are some secondary characters (Stevie Rae, Aphrodite) that I actually like.

crying Again, train wreck.

War-Princess Karutan, i thought you wouldn't make it in time. crying
Did anything major happen on your side of the world?

Also, i made the poll and i am quite surprised no one went to consider the 2nd option for some reason or another.
Perish the thought. And yes - college happened.

That is not good, Lady Karutan.
At least you came by, so you get a tip for that, so that's saying something well, i hope.

That in mind, what about the idea of Aphrodite(no, not her namesake, the aunt of Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades, her namesake!) possibly being in love and/or lust with Redbird?
I know someone who may imagine that it could happen.

Another thing i may add, if you think it might be possible and the Original Aphrodite's retinue had a run-in with most of HoN, what would be your odds that they'd try to give anything near a legitimate last-ditch chance at redemption via survival(before the other way to redemption must be done?)

P.S: on the last question, i feel that if any of Original Aphrodite's children should die before the chance is either given or taken, the odds would be increasingly and significantly reduced to the point of severity.
BreathLessX
DelicateMisery

I was just thinking that. She was a little quick to jump on the hate train, like Rosalie.

I wonder why, for the most part.
That said, the reason why she took up one of the two major names of Aeneas' mother(the names of either of her forms!) is because her best friend, Venus, believed herself to be very beautiful, but after something bad happened to Venus, Aphrodite took the name of her namesake's original form to remember her, by, right?

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Dandy Highwaymen
Aachren
Dandy Highwaymen
Sounds like a plan.

Say, my teacher told me that though I'm special Ed, I won't get help in college.

You can get help. You have to go to a special office on campus and you'll get accommodations like extra time for tests and the like. Also, most campuses have tutoring programs and my university has a writing centre.

Oh thank goodness.

He's Mr. Pangilinian.

Poor Dandy.
Like Aachren said, you can get help in college no matter what you have. Here at my campus, we have a office that deals with that kind of stuff. They're very helpful, and in most cases, they'll put you where you need to be depending on what your situation is. :/

I can't do math either. I fail at it. crying
DelicateMisery
Dandy Highwaymen
Aachren
Dandy Highwaymen
Sounds like a plan.

Oh thank goodness.

He's Mr. Pangilinian.

Poor Dandy.
Like Aachren said, you can get help in college no matter what you have. Here at my campus, we have a office that deals with that kind of stuff. They're very helpful, and in most cases, they'll put you where you need to be depending on what your situation is. :/

I can't do math either. I fail at it. crying

I fear i manage to suck even worse at math than all of you guys combined, to my dismay.
Otherwise, i would not be smiling unless it was to imitate the people of Stepford.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
@Cross: I think it's all agreed that we all fail at Math, no matter what "level" we're at. crying

Back to the book, why the hell is there so much emphasis on certain qualities of some of the characters, like one of them being gay or one of them being the total b***h of the group? It doesn't really make much sense. :/ There's no need to be constantly reminded of that quality--ONCE IS ENOUGH!
DelicateMisery
@Cross: I think it's all agreed that we all fail at Math, no matter what "level" we're at. crying

Back to the book, why the hell is there so much emphasis on certain qualities of some of the characters, like one of them being gay or one of them being the total b***h of the group? It doesn't really make much sense. :/ There's no need to be constantly reminded of that quality--ONCE IS ENOUGH!

@Misery: Then we are united, in that particular regard.

Wishful thinking will ensure in the following response: probably because they fear that people are going to forget about those qualities, although i like to think i tried to be mid-key or even low-key at times whenever i try to show some R.P party members' cases of bi-sexuality(except i don't know if am successful, yet!) yet i digress on such regards.

Not so wishful thinking: Maybe they assume us to be idiots without the reminders?

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Javier Cross
DelicateMisery

Wishful thinking will ensure in the following response: probably because they fear that people are going to forget about those qualities, although i like to think i tried to be mid-key or even low-key at times whenever i try to show some R.P party members' cases of bi-sexuality(except i don't know if am successful, yet!) yet i digress on such regards.

Not so wishful thinking: Maybe they assume us to be idiots without the reminders?

(Kristen Cast): BUT BUT YOU MUST KNOWS!!! BECAUSE I SAYS SO! SO THERE! HA HA HA! I'M DA BOSS, BITCHES! IF YOU DON'T WANNA LISTEN TO MESSSS, THEN YOU SUXXX!

Probably the "general" audience they're aiming at are, in their opinion, mindless idiots. :/
DelicateMisery
Javier Cross
DelicateMisery

(Kristen Cast): BUT BUT YOU MUST KNOWS!!! BECAUSE I SAYS SO! SO THERE! HA HA HA! I'M DA BOSS, BITCHES! IF YOU DON'T WANNA LISTEN TO MESSSS, THEN YOU SUXXX!

Probably the "general" audience they're aiming at are, in their opinion, mindless idiots. :/

On Kristen: Even i try to make more of an effort to justify reminding people of certain qualities, not only to avoid forgetting about them, myself, but in case they need something to write out and report in vs fight threads in the long run.

Sheesh, too many authors take their audiences for granted, as of late.
What gives?
I am hoping that it turns out that Clare made more of an effort to respect her audience, because even Derek Landy and a few others i'd mention managed to do that.

Demonic Businesswoman

10,825 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Well, they do have the mindless twi-hards following them, so that may be the "general" audience that they're aiming for.

7,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
-brings a housewarming gift containing an assortment of fruits, cheeses, red pens for editing purposes, and headache medicines-

I thought I'll bring y'all this housewarming gift because from one anti-thread to another anti-thread, I like to say welcome to the neighborhood! And that if you all need any help, the Anyone Can't Stand Twilight crew will always have your back. :3
Dan Hemmings has interesting article over at Ferretbrain that may be of interest to you lot. Check it out.

5,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Sterculian Rhetoric
Dan Hemmings has interesting article over at Ferretbrain that may be of interest to you lot. Check it out.

This is spot-on.

6,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
HoN totally sucks....i read the first book and i don't want to continue reading the series...it's no fun at all.... stressed stressed stressed stressed

ninja pirate pirate ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces