Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Soulless Being of Darkness

Not long after Nazerene picked up and pocketed the teddy bear a sly chuckling voice sounding as one might expect a speaking snake to sound like spoke up from her own shadow. “Oh now this is interesting…” The voice faded away without a trace before it then spoke up again this time coming from several shadows, not only her own. “Does the evil lady have a soft spot in her black heart for the playthings of human children? Heh, heh…”
Nazerene St. Claire

Ever the light casts a shadow
Ever the night springs from the light

User Image
Nazerene came to a dead halt when, suddenly, seeming out of nowhere a voice hissed to her, sounding, to her at least, to be one that of some strange twisted servant of her queen, perhaps it was, and perhaps it wasn’t. Still it would provide the undead ruler with something to converse with. Of course, then it laughed, which considering both what she was, and what she was capable of probably wasn’t the smartest of ideas, Nazerene narrowed her eyes, her own voice came out like the harsh bite of winter.
"And what are you to laugh at a queen, you cowers in the unseen places were light fears to walk. Come reveal the body from whence your mockery spews forth like the pus from an infected soul" she hissed back. No one ever talked to her with such clear disrespect and lived to brag about it, and whoever this was, he, she, or it would meet the same fate. Nazerene stood, as still as death itself, waiting a response, or a lack of one.

The voice was silent before coming again from the shadows with clear amusement. “Blah, blah. All these people and their claims of royalty to make themselves sound important. How very boring…” The voice then went silent once more and did not return from the multiple sources of darkness again. No, this time when as the voice continued on it came from the shadowed doorway of a half collapsed building to the right of Nazarene. “But I suppose I will grant your request.” Jake then stepped into view a devilishly wicked grin playing on his lips, a bored somewhat uninterested look in his eyes, and his pockets slipped causally into his pant pockets. He took a few strolling steps towards her but then came to a stop no more than ten feet from where Nazerene stood. “Well here I am. Now what? I am still new to this whole making friends thing. Especially like this. Oh and the name calling I thing is a bit unnecessary, don't you think? Quite unladylike. Heh, heh...” As he finished speaking a few of his personal strifesworn peeked their forms out from some nearby shadows but stayed where they were otherwise.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
- Cyneward Atreus -

- The Last Paladin -

Cyneward listened to Coco's words quietly, allowing the woman to finish speaking without interrupting her at all. She clearly had a good heart and he was glad to be travelling with her even if that might have been temporary, though the concept of possible consequences of such events weighed heavily upon his mind. Her advice certainly did not go to waste, though it did serve to bring more confusion to the boy as he found himself faced with more decisions, unsure of how to feel about everything. "I..." he opened his mouth to speak, but trailed off, not certain of what to say and he noticed Coco had begun to leave. He had no qualms with this, she was free to do as she liked and she had already made more than enough of an attempt to help him, which he appreciated. "...She sounds like Malith..." he murmured to himself with a faint chuckle, the weak smile he held soon fading. "...And he's..."

Leaving his sentence unfinished, the young paladin showed a flash of despair-induced rage as he spun around and threw his fist against the wall, though he did no damage, which he was grateful for considering that was Divona's home. "Damn it all!" he cried, closing his eyes tightly. "I just want to protect them...!" he exclaimed before choking up as his voice trembled, tears gathering in his eyes once more. Cyneward was not strong enough, and while he could become stronger, he didn't want to endanger those around him anymore, he couldn't bear to lose anyone else in the process. All the people around him he had failed to protect flashed through his mind; countless citizens of Feora. Malith who's very death had been caused by him. Divona laying almost lifeless upon the ground, who he had recklessly led into extreme danger multiple times. Drythe, who he had lost track of and left under attack before, he was fortunate that his friend was even still alive. Anna, who he had left alone to fight a clearly far more skilled knight, and the woman barely avoided being killed, no thanks to him. He also recalled Shilin, the woman from the tavern, who was likely gone now, no doubt due to his leaving her behind.

It all amounted to alot, and in the end it brought the troubled knight to only one conclusion. He had to leave. Perhaps if he did so the others would be able to find peace here in Nayavere, they could arrange their parties and festivals and eat, drink, and rest merrily as they deserved. After all, this was one of the safest places in all of Thelania, especially with Sir Ramarith present. Subtle hints of a smile tugged at the corners of the blonde boy's lips. Ah, Ramarith. The Phoenix Knight would likely be enraged to know of his disappearance, perhaps even brand him a coward, not that he would blame him. But his mind was made up. The boy would depart tonight, as his companions slept. Cyneward simply could not take another friend dying in his care, and for the moment he was unable to protect them. It was better not to lead them into battle - no, immediate danger - under such circumstances, if he could do anything to preserve their lives, then this was it. He didn't like it, but he didn't like the thought of losing the last of those important to him, either. "...Some knight I am..."

Playful Trader

User Image
Divona Arethina
The Chubby Chocolate Southern Loli Demon

Divona had been leaning against the wall at the end of the upstairs hallway in quiet thought after giving everyone the tour of her house, each of them having gone off to one of the various rooms to relax for a while. The demon looked up as Coco left the guest room and headed downstairs, remaining where she was for another moment before she heard Cyneward punch the wall and curse, making her jump a little before she moved toward the room he was in. Approaching the partly open door she peeked her head in slightly with a concerned frown to watch the paladin for a moment, "Cyneward..?" she asked softly with worry, opening the door enough to step inside the room. "Are ya.. alright?" she asked, quite worried by the words she had overheard. She wanted to talk to him, to find out what seemed to be troubling the blonde, and she also needed someone to talk to as well, and he was certainly the best candidate for that. Clearing her throat a little in a gentle manner she moved to gently shut the door behind her so they could talk in private since she had a feeling that if he did open up to her it might be a bit of a confidential conversation. "I know this may be a bit of a bad time, and I'm sorry if I'm bein' a bother, but.. do ya think I could talk to ya about somethin'?" she asked somewhat hesitantly, not wanting to be a burden on the young man, but wanting badly to talk to someone about what was on her mind, she also wanted to know what was on his if he would talk about it, but she figured she would make her request beforehand so that she didn't bother him with it if he didn't feel like talking. "Cynny, I want ya to know if'n ya ever need anyone to talk to about anythin' at all I'm a good listener and I'd be glad to help in any way or keep it quiet if it's private." she offered in a very gently and friendly tone, wanting him to know that he could confide in her if he felt comfortable doing so, and that she wouldn't judge him for anything they discussed.
Nazerene St. Claire

User Image
When the owner of that voice appeared, Nazerene gave him the once over as if she were think about selecting a prime cut of meat from a store. Then she noticed those with him… So he was one of His minions, but why would one of His appear before her, in her territory?, Nazerene stared at Jake, her yellow eyes windows into the nightmare of her screaming soul.
"now..now you give me one good reason as to why I shouldn't birth into the ranks of my own as you are in a part of my domain" Nazerene said, as a small horde of large black and white rats came squeeking out of the half burnt store to surround their mistress.
"Tell me Boy. Do you have the slightest idea of just who I am, or what I do to savages who come uninvited to the places I call home?" she asked, letting her yellow eyes wonder over the various sections of his body she found the most interesting, the shape of his face, the color of his hair, among others. He could be a lesser.. if she so desired to birth him as such. Tempting.. tempting. Nazerene waited for his response, a few of the rats climbing up her dress to rest on her shoulders as if the two rats were her personal protection as she did not carry any visable blade or other tool.

Business Businessman

User Image
- Drythe Hallover -
- [X] -
- Repentant Catastrophe -

Drythe, oblivious as always, allowed himself to be all but swept up by Enaia's exuberance. She was pulling him by his arm again, though this time he made no effort at all to fight it. As confused as he was as to why he was being dragged along, and why she was paying him so much attention, his mind was elsewhere.

The pair entered the study and the boy took a moment to inspect the large array of books in the room. His eyes widened, as he had never seen so many books collected together in one place. His father only had a handful, which he kept on one lone shelf.

Enaia offered for him to sit down, he thought about it for a moment before slowly shaking his head and glancing out the door. He couldn't hold it in any-more, he had to say something, the fact that he hardly knew Enaia made it slightly easier.

"I'm worried about Cyneward..." His golden eyes glistened a little, but there were no tears.
"I've only known him a very short while longer than I've known you. But I know that there is something wrong. I...I'm not very good with people, as you may have noticed. But I know in my gut that something isn't right." He shook his head again and rubbed his eyes gently before looking back down at the seated cat-girl.
"I have to do something, I owe it to him. But...I have no idea." He whimpered very lightly under his breath, hoping in what he thought was vain, that the child would hold some sort of insight.

Threatening hissing growls came from the shadows where the strifesworn where after Nazerene spoke, especially after her "pets" made their appearance but still they stayed where they were. Jake’s only reaction however seemed to simply be a raised brow at what Nazerene had said. When she was done speaking he sighed closing his eyes as he shook his head a bit and spoke. “I haven’t the slightest clue who you are, and showing up uninvited is what I do best. And what you… try to do to me will not change that.” He then opened his eyes giving her a wickedly sly glance as he went on speaking, seeming to enjoy listening to himself. “If this is your domain however, by all means try what will. Who am I to stop you if you wish to do with me what you will? Heh…” He was mocking her of course, and as he finished speaking a few wisps of a charcoal grey aura of some kind licked off of his image but quickly faded into nothingness as soon as they had appeared.

Playful Trader

User ImageUser Image
User Image

Enaia Laeshunn

Enaia was a bit surprised when Drythe seemed to decline the idea of sitting down and relaxing a bit, listening as he voiced his concerns for Cyneward. This was rather unexpected of him, though given the fact she'd had trouble getting a good gauge of the young man from the start she couldn't be too caught off guard by this behavior, since there was no behavior in specific that she had come to expect from him yet. Tilting her head a bit at him she watched him quietly with her reddish pink eyes for a moment in contemplation as she evaluated him with the new information she'd been able to gleam from his concern for the paladin. He seemed a good person at heart at the least, though his ultimate motives and how easily provoked or persuaded he might be were still quite uncertain factors to keep an eye out for. The kindest person could sometimes be the easiest person to have turned against you in some manner or another if they were convinced easily by others influence against you. "I'm sure that he would appreciate your concern, he certainly does seem to be quite troubled by the fate of Feora and likely other events that happened within. I can't say that I know everything, but from what I was able to see he is burdened by his inability to have somehow saved the city and those lost with it, it is unfair of anyone to be expected to have done such a thing however, so for him to be so hard on himself when he is only one man is quite sad indeed. He also seems to dislike what he apparently is for some reason or another, but I shall not pretend to know his back story." she said softly, her tone having sobered up a bit from it's usual playful sounding tone, more fitting with the surprisingly grown voice that came from her young lips. One of her black fuzzy ears swiveled a little atop her head as though she were listening to something beyond the study, which she in fact was, "For the moment I would say that perhaps he might be alright, I think our kind hostess is having some private words with him in the guest room right now." she informed him, having heard their voices faintly along with the closing of the door. "Given the sort of wound he bears I do not know that you can hope to help him in a very immediate manner, but the sentiment is sweet enough, it is something that I think only time and support can heal. I think kind and honest words of reassurance and friendship would be your best bet when you go to see him later, the truth is a thing that should always be maintained." she said with a small shrug, unable to offer much more advice before she reached over to pick up one of the pieces of food from her plate and nibbling at it, giving another playful smile at the young man.

Business Businessman

User Image
< Sir Justin Ramarith >
< O >
< Righteous Phoenix >

Justin narrowed his eyes at Denerius for criticising the way in which he was handling the situation, especially seeing as far as he was concerned, he was involved. He didn't have the time or the resources to spare on people causing trouble. The culprit would be removed from the town if it was an issue that required such, and Ramarith was hardly prepared to waste medicine, bedding and food on someone who jeopardised the safety of Nayavere. Yes, it was a stringent way of dealing with matters, but it was required. Though it was apparent at this point, despite the man's attempts to heal himself, that he was in no position to explain anything. The woman was passed out, leaving only the girl and the green haired gentleman.

The girl was very quick to attempted to encapsulate everything that she thought had happened into one burst of words. These shadows, whatever she was talking about, appeared as a threat that Justin had not been aware of before. She spoke of possession by evil and madness, while at the same time trying to affirm Arina and Artym's innocence. He narrowed his eyes, giving everyone in presence a sharp glare as he pondered what the girl had said. This would have to be taken into greater consideration, judging by what the girl had said about this apparent new threat. He pondered again for a second, then remembered an apple cart that he passed as he ran across the field. Assumed to left by the owner of the local orchard after transferring his wares into a different container.

"Neither of you are to move." He said with stern grit. "Understand?"

He made his way over to the cart, looking over his shoulder every few moments to make sure that no suspicious movements were made, if they were, he would ignite his flame and be back there in seconds to dispense of these suspicious strangers. He grabbed the cart and effortlessly wheeled it back to the three suspects.

"You are all to accompany me to the town for further questioning. The injured will receive sufficient medical aid to tell me what I need to know, and allow me to pass judgement. I am the Knight-Captain of this town and, in this time of crisis, my word is law. This incident has brought to my attention the potential existence of a threat other than the Strifesworn, so understand that I cannot let you go until I am satisfied." He singled Denerius out.

"You look healthy. Help me get the injured onto here, I don't want this to take all day."

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
- Cyneward Atreus -

- The Last Paladin -

Cyneward looked up as Divona entered the room, barely holding back a soft sigh as he gave his best shot at a smile to the demoness. "Hello Divona." he told her, placing the Feoran flag at his hip. Folding his arms, he listened to the woman as she spoke before giving an understanding nod. "I always have an ear open for my friends. Please, feel free to speak to me about anything you wish." he told her as he managed to make his smile a little more genuine. As she continued, it faded just a touch. "I...thank you, Divona. You have done simply too much for me already, for all of us. I appreciate that, I appreciate everyone and their kind wishes, I am blessed with the company of my friends." he told her, glancing away for a moment. "...I would not ask you to bear the burden of my past, but, if you do wish to know of it, then I will not deny you that." he told her as he allowed his arms to fall to his sides quietly.

Playful Trader

User Image
Divona Arethina

Divona could tell that Cyneward's smile was put on for her benefit, something was troubling him and regardless of whether or not he might be happy to see her or anyone else if they came in right now, she doubted any smile he gave would be a fully genuine one. His reassurance that she could speak to him of anything as well made her give a little smile, glad to hear it from the young man as he was probably the best option she had of anyone to talk to anyway, considering she knew everyone else even less than she knew him, which wasn't very well to be honest. Listening as he thanked her and went on to express his desire not to burden her with his problems, but she had no such hesitance, wanting to help him feel better however she could manage to, "Ya don't need to tell me anything ya aren't comfortable with hun, but if'n ya want to talk about anything at all I'm always up for listening, so if you're alright with it then I'm right here." she said gently, moving to sit down on a chair that was just across from the bed, folding her hands on her lap quietly. "So what's troubling your mind sugar?" she asked softly, open to whatever he wanted to talk about.
Nazerene St. Claire

User Image
Nazerene and her rats beard their fangs in a show of hostility, she did not enjoy being taken lightly, and since she held the rats under her influence they also felt her annoyance.
"I am the one who will bring this imperfect world to task, I am the one destined to to banish the sun, I am the high queen of rats, spiders and the utmost foul, I am the chosen scion to her Scarlet Majesty, I am the one tasked with bringing the teachings of the scarlet mother to the savages, and the one to eliminate them as I see fit" Nazerene spat, her words like some stong acid as she glared at this male, who she had decided just then was like all the other savages of this sick world, he was destined to be slain or birthed. The question was, what the lunatic vamp was going to about it.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
- Cyneward Atreus -

- The Last Paladin -

Cyneward gave a slight nod as Divona reassured him about what was on his mind. "Alright...you win, I'll..tell you." he spoke softly, though he would be sure to leave out one specific detail. Turning his back to her he took a few steps away, staring at the wall ahead absent-mindedly, as though reliving some sort of memory. "...When I was young, my family and I lived in a small, cosy house out near the forests of Feora. I would play out in those forests rather often, and one day I returned home from such an occassion to find...my mother, father, and sister...all dead. They had been killed by my father's side of the family, who didn't approve of the union of a pureblood demon and a human. Come to think of it I probably have some kind of noble demon blood somewhere down the line, but I could care less about that side of my family. The only family I ever had were taken from me." he explained, closing his eyes quietly.

"I was just a boy. I remember walking outside, sitting down and just...crying, and crying, I felt completely alone, like there was nobody else in the world. Malith found me, he saved me from that. And from that day forth...I never wanted to see another good person die." he told the demoness, a ragged sigh escaping the young man. "I trained to be a knight for that very reason, but...I lost my way. I thought I was finally free from that world, that I had escaped the pain, and I focused on enjoying the life I had rather than making sure I didn't lose it again. And now it's gone." turning to face Divona, his grey eyes held a certain despair he wasn't exactly known for. "I don't want that kind of thing to befall any of you, it's no way to live, but I'm not strong enough to protect you all, and I cannot bear to watch anyone else die." he explained, and after a moment he took on a certain look of determination, a touch of the knightly resolve Coco had mentioned returning to him. "But I will end this, Divona. The Strifesworn, the corrupted souls working alongside them, I'll destroy them all! No matter what it takes...I'll do whatever I need to, to keep my friends safe." he told her, his words becoming a little more emotional as he spoke.

Playful Trader

User Image
Divona Arethina

Divona sat listening quietly as Cyneward spoke, her red gaze following him as he moved to face the wall before recounting his past to her, the demons jaw dropping a bit at his tragic story. She wanted to go and give him a hug or something, anything to comfort him, but she knew that he might want a bit of space right now and that despite her greatest wishes a simple hug could never hope to heal such a wound for the young man. Closing her open mouth after a while she let him continue to speak, explaining his determination to protect them all before she shook her head a little with the gentle look of a person explaining something to a child or something similar. "I can't tell ya how much I wish that I could help make it better for ya Cyneward, no one deserves to go through that, and most especially not someone like you. But ya need to remember somethin' hun, ya can't save everyone by yourself, we have to defend ourselves too, the world would be lost if only one man were to try and save everyone. You just can't be strong enough to protect all of us, it ain't possible, we're all in this together and we can't let our fears hold us back, some of us may not make it through all'a this, but we've all entered into this knowing of that possibility and we're alright with it if it means we get to help each other to protect everyone else." she said softly, wanting to have kinder words for the young man, but she had to be honest. "I think it's good that ya took the time to enjoy your life while ya had it, because life is meant to be lived, not observed. You can spend your whole time fixin' to protect everything and still lose it and then you ain't never gonna have the chance to enjoy it, it's just gone, it's better to try and enjoy what ya have while ya have it and try and protect it when ya need to and risk losing it than to never have taken the time to actually live in the first place." she explained her viewpoint before continuing on.

"I know it ain't a nice thought, but everyone has gotta die someday, and ifn' we're goin' to then I'd rather it be on my own terms fightin' to protect the life I've been livin' so happily than cowering and waitin' on someone else to save me. I- well that's what I wanted to talk to ya about..." she said, looking away a little bit as she reached up to rub her head slightly, gathering her thoughts so she could tell him what she wanted to as easily as possible. "I was thinkin' about leavin' ya'll, just stayin' home and lettin' yuns go off and fight, cus I don't wanna be a burden on ya. I know that I don't rightly know how to fight and I put ya'll in more danger with my inexperience, and I would never forgive myself if'n I got one of ya killed because ya had to try and look out for me cus I dunno what I'm doin'." she explained, not looking up to meet his gaze for a few minutes, feeling rather ashamed of the extra risk she had put them all, and especially him in. Finally she shook her head a little, "I can't though, I ain't gonna just sit at home while ya'll are out there fightin' to protect everyone, I just can't, I wanna help ya, it just ain't right to sit and do nothin' when I could be doin' somethin'." she said, looking up at him with a rather determined look in her eyes. "So, I was wonderin' if you could help me, I need to learn to fight and you're amazin' so I was hopin' ya wouldn't mind trainin' me, I'ma fight even if ya say no, I just wanna be more help than trouble for the team, so I think it'd be nice if ya would try teachin' me." she said, seeming hopeful though a bit nervous that he might say no, as she'd said though, she would still try even if he didn't help her out, she just wouldn't be much help. The dark skinned young woman shook her head a little again, "You ain't in this alone Cynny, we're gonna do everythin' we can to keep you safe too, no one can do all'a this on their own, we gotta work together if we wanna stand a chance, so don't ya go gettin' it in ya pretty lil head that this is all your burden to bear, you ain't the only one who wants to stand up for whats right and to help defend the people they love." she said, having picked up on all the "I"'s in his statement.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff