Welcome to Gaia! ::

Playful Trader

User Image
Divona Arethina
The Chubby Chocolate Southern Loli Demon

Divona had remained in her room for a long while just thinking and relaxing before she'd finally headed down stairs, chatting for a bit with her parents and then going to help with setting up Arina's party, unaware of all the events that had happened to the healer and others while she'd been at her house. After helping to make sure everything was set up properly how the healer had wanted it, the demon had decided to sit down and enjoy herself for now, she might go up and sing in a bit if it would go well with the music being played, but right now she was content to sit and relax, chatting with other townsfolk and catching them up a bit on her travels. It was clear that she was quite a popular young woman in town, being the daughter of an important family played a part in that, but more so than that was the fact that she was a very lively and friendly girl. Her rich feminine laugh filled the air from time to time as she spoke with others, quite enjoying all of the conversation and the friendly atmosphere that had been provided for them, she also took the time to introduce herself to many of the refugees as well. Before long she'd volunteered herself to help out with serving some of the food and drinks, happy to help as she strolled about, large hips swaying in a feminine manner as she walked, refilling glasses and conversing happily with everyone.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
- Cyneward Atreus -

- The Last Paladin -

A heavy sigh left him, and that was the last of it. Closing his eyes for a moment, he slowly eased open his steel grey orbs as the maelstrom of emotions that had been raging within them subsided, leaving only one, true feeling; calm determination. Cyneward's conversation with Divona had actually altered his previous conclusion quite vastly, and while he still intended to take a walk and think about things, he would be staying with his companions, there was no doubt in his mind about that. Traces of a smile began to creep onto the young knight's face before he quietly left the room he had been sulking in earlier, taking his time as he walked at a relaxed pace while leaving Divona's home, beginning to stroll through town. He had to be strong, and not in the physical sense. He had to be there for his companions as they had been for him, this entire time, during his darkest hour. Looking to the sky as he walked he began to realise something that comforted him, his smile beginning to grow just a touch. Looking ahead on his little journey, he caught sight of a tent up ahead and the party held within. Cyneward hadn't failed to notice Drythe either, his good friend looking rather troubled as always. The paladin almost let out a faint chuckle.

"Drythe my friend, is everything alright? You look a little under the weather." he told the young man as he approached, raising a hand to place it upon his close ally's shoulder. "Listen, we should take a moment to talk, tell me what's on your mind. I'm here for you, Drythe, not just as an ally but as a friend." he reassured the depressed boy, the blonde knight turning his head to glance over at the tent ahead. "That seems to be one lively party. When we're done, why don't you head inside? You never know, you may find a beautiful woman who takes a liking to you. A Mrs. Hallover, perhaps." he told the black-haired boy with an amused grin before giving a slight laugh. It was good to feel happy once more. "In fact, I'll come and join you. But first we should talk some more, then I'm going to continue walking for a little while, but I'll return soon enough." he stated, placing a hand upon his hip with a pleasant smile, a cheerful warmth in his eyes.

Business Businessman

User Image
- Drythe Hallover -
- [X] -
- Repentant Catastrophe -

Drythe was in another world inside his head when Cyneward approached and placed his hand on his shoulder. He let out a little gasp, snapping out of his trance of thought and his gaze shot over to his companion.

"Ah! C-Cyneward! Yes...Yes we should. I've been meaning to talk to you myself." The paladin seemed much more like his old self, the cheerful young man he had met back at the inn in Feora. He took a deep breath and prepared to say what he wanted to say, but was promptly de-railed at Cynewards joking about him finding a woman. Drythe's face went completely red and he flailed a little, staring down at the floor.

"No! You know I'm no good with girls!" There was a shy smile on his face, indicating that despite his resistance, he enjoyed the joke.

Eventually he looked back up to face his friend and nodded slowly.
"In all seriousness. You don't know how much it means to me that you can call me friend." He sighed heavily, and the subject he wanted to avoid so much he now had no choice but to broach.

"But...I have to ask. How are you able to do that after what I said to you in Feora? How can you call me friend when you know the truth about me?"

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
- Cyneward Atreus -

- The Last Paladin -

Cyneward raised his eyebrows a little as Drythe mentioned he'd been meaning to talk to him, supposing it was good that he'd approached the young man in that case. Once he flailed and panicked as the topic of a woman was brought up the paladin let out merry laughter that had escaped him for far too long, finally he was able to enjoy himself, wether or not it was brief he didn't care, he was simply grateful regardless. As he brought up the mention of being so grateful for their friendship Cyneward found his gaze softening a little and a genuine smile came to his face. However, as he allowed a sigh to leave his lips, the paladin almost knew what was coming, something negative at least, and he quickly grew more serious, watching Drythe calmly as he brought up the mention of his past. He had been hoping to avoid this.

"To be honest, I haven't really given it much thought, I simply had too much on my mind since the fall of Feora. But, that's alright. I don't need to give it any thought." he told the troubled young man, a smile coming to his features as he ruffled the boy's hair as though he were a younger brother. "I've been thinking, Drythe. Even if they can't be avoided no matter how hard we try, wrongs can still be put right. Don't forget that, I feel it's just as important for you to take that to heart as it is for me to." he explained, placing a hand on his hip as he watched his companion. "Besides..." he began, looking to the skies again and pausing, before closing his eyes for a moment and eventually opening them again as he looked to Drythe. "If you truly were a cold-blooded, heartless killer, then you would have killed me by now." his eyes were suddenly devoid of almost all emotion as he looked upon the young man with a hard gaze, as though a part of him were daring this 'killer' within Drythe to strike, taunting him as a tense silence passed. It was only noticable for a second, before Cyneward seemed to return to his normal state entirely. "Listen Drythe, you cried over me as I lay dying back in Feora. You did not smile, laugh, or finish the job. As far as I'm concerned, that's proof enough that I can trust you. Your so-called past has no effect upon our friendship. Perhaps some day we can get to the bottom of your troubles, but as for now, let it have no hold over you. As I said, I am here for you, as is everyone else travelling with us. We'll do our best to help you, no matter what."

Raising a hand to his neck he seemed to fish something out from beneath his collar, lifting a hand towards his friend. "Drythe. I'm appointing you as my second in-command. You'll take over when I'm not around, alright? I gave it some thought and I know I can trust you." opening his hand he revealed a necklace hanging in his grasp. "This necklace belonged to my mother, before she passed. I've held onto it ever since, as a treasure of mine. I want you to have it." he told Drythe, his gaze becoming a little distant. "...Because you're the closest friend I've ever had." he told him honestly, giving off a rather lonesome air for a moment before managing a smile. "I've changed a great deal since the events that transpired in Feora, but it isn't enough. I need to become stronger. But more importantly, I need my friends by my side. All of you. We'll stand as one and rid this world of the Strifesworn, of the darkness that plagues it. We'll do this together." he told him calmly, allowing Drythe to take the beautifully crafted necklace before placing his hands behind his head in a relaxed manner. If there was anything else Drythe wished to speak of he was free to do so, his close friend always ready to lend him an ear. Otherwise, Cyneward would likely continue his peaceful stroll as he had planned.

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
~Catrina Walker~

Catrina had been able to enjoy herself a little as she continued to walk around, refilling people's drinks as well as trying to hold polite conversations with the, but they were able to talk about things that this girl hadn't known much about, so she naturally found herself at a loss of words and so only smiled politely before she would move to the next table. After she had finished refilling some drinks at one of the other tables, Catrina had straighten up only to jump and let out a surprised squeak as she saw Denerius standing in front of her. The surprise gave her heart a little bit of a shock. She looked away as she listened to him before she heard him say sorry, which cause the young girl to look up at him with furrowed eyebrows before she then heard him finish what he had been saying. She quickly shook her head and waved a hand at him frantically as if she had done something wrong. "Please, there's nothing for you to apologize. I let this happen, I wouldn't blame anyone for hating me. I've done such terrible things. Even if it wasn't entirely me doing it, I had allowed myself to become a monster. Now I must pay the price for my actions and if that means the world will hate me, then I will accept that fate. You have no obligation to help me, though I appreciate the sentiment." Catrina had said in a very quietly voice as she looked down again. She was still ashamed at what she had allowed herself to become. It didn't matter that she hadn't really had much control over it, but the fact that it had happened was enough to make her feel like she had to pay the price.

The girl then let out a small sigh and offered Denerius a small smile as she finally did look up at him. "You shouldn't worry about me. Especially with tonight. It's a time for everyone to forget about their troubles for a short while. Maybe you should indulge in that idea. Unless there was something else you needed." Catrina said with the small, soft smile as she stood there in front of the man. Part of her made her want to edge away from him slowly, but another part was telling her that it would be rude, so she waited to make sure that there was nothing else that he had wanted.

Playful Trader

User Image
Denerius Belfore

Denerius shook his head a little as Catrina said she would accept her fate and that he didn't have any obligation to help her, "That's not fair, what you did wasn't your fault and you shouldn't be punished for it. That would be no different than someone being punished for another persons crimes because they were made to look like the one responsible, it's wrong. No one should ever had to go through what you have and I want to make sure neither you nor anyone else has to endure that sort of hell again." he said, quite determined to stick to that. Realizing that this probably wasn't the best topic when everyone was trying to enjoy themselves he rubbed his head a bit again, giving a soft laugh as he shook his head a little to himself, he really was no good at this sort of thing, here he was trying to give a simple apology and he'd kind of been a bit of a downer on the mood. "I'm sorry, I just wanted to apologize for how I treated you because you didn't deserve that, I didn't mean for it to ruin the mood tonight or anything." he said, giving her as reassuring a smile as he could manage. "Ah, well no I suppose there's nothing else in particular." he admitted.

"Just, make sure you enjoy yourself too, now that we know what happened I think everyone will understand, and tonight is for everyone, so that includes you too." he sound, sounding a little sterner than he'd meant to at first and quickly letting his voice soften, giving a small friendly sort of smile to her as well so she would know he wasn't upset at her or anything. "And keep smiling, it's always nice to see people smiling." he added as an afterthought, a bit ironic as he didn't smile very often himself, making a mental note that he should perhaps try it a little more often. With that he took a small step back, ready to let the girl return to her work if she wanted, although he didn't walk away just yet in case she had anything else to say, he'd actually just realized something somewhat important. Most of the group didn't yet know about what had happened here in the field earlier, Cyneward and Drythe were at the top of the list of people who would likely need to know first, Cyneward seemed to be their leader to some extent or another and Drythe apparently has some kind of connection to the girl. He would have to look out for the two of them and inform them of what had happened if he saw them before they found her and had a bit of a shock at her different appearance, he didn't know where they currently were at the moment though and so he would just keep an eye out.

Business Businessman

User Image
- Drythe Hallover -
- [X] -
- Repentant Catastrophe -

Drythe stared down at the wonderfully crafted necklace that Cyneward had presented to him. This gesture of trust and acclaim left the skittish young man completely speechless. That, combined with the notion that Cyneward could see past the Reaper of Vargol and view Drythe for what he was trying to become caused tears to stream down his face out of control.

"Cyneward, I..."

He placed one had on the jewellery and wiped his face with the other. Letting out a panted laugh.

"I'm being such a crybaby today." He took a firm hold of the necklace that once belonged to Cyneward's mother and held it up to the moonlight, forming a resonant shimmer between it and his eyes.

"I was thinking about turning myself in. I had planned to tell the Knight Captain who I was and surrender quietly. No doubt handing myself to my death." He took a deep breath, trying to stem the flow of liquid running down his face.

"But being dead won't change anything. I have to find my father and I have to know the truth. Then, and only then, can I put right what I have done wrong." He gave a strong sniff, then wiped the last of his tears away.

"I will stand and fight alongside you, Cyneward. For as long as I am of sound mind and body." He nodded with resolution, but eventually his expression faded into trepidation.

"I am a sinner. Despite my wishes, I can still feel darkness in my heart and soul. But, as you are likely aware, I am my own worst enemy and every day is a struggle to stay the way I want to be. I can't help but feed my own despair...I want you to know that the Drythe Hallover that stands before you wants to be your loyal friend and companion." He paused for a moment, his fear returning to resolution.

"If the worst should happen, and I do fall to the darkness once again, you must remember that this is what I want." He held the necklace out before him, then placed it around his neck, tucking it under his armour.

"No matter what I say, no matter what I do. Even though sometimes it feels like it's against my nature to fight the darkness. It is what I want. It is all I want. Please remember that, whatever the future holds." He glanced away and up to the stars for a moment. It was a clear night and, for the first time in a very long time, Drythe felt as though his mind was clear. He knew now what he wanted above all else.

He wanted to be a sword of justice.

Dapper Dabbler

User Image
~Catrina Walker~

Catrina couldn't help but wonder at the man's words. Smile? She knew that this was supposed to be a happy occasion, but there wasn't a whole lot for her to smile for. Still, in order to keep things happy, she should probably try a little bit more. She then noted how many people were there and that she hadn't seen one whom she should probably avoid. At least for the time being. "Oh, um, have you seen Drythe anywhere yet? I hadn't seen him come in since the party started and I just wanted to try and avoid him for now. I'm afraid that this might actually be a little bit of a shock for him and I don't want to cause him anymore trouble than I have. You know?" She said with a small smile, though behind the smile was a frantic look. She didn't know how he would react to this and hoped that it would all be well and good, but she'd rather not assume such things. Assuming always made things a little more difficult and awkward. She then saw another girl moving back to fill up a pitcher to refill drinks before she handed the girl hers so that she could be able to at least make this small request from Denerius.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
- Cyneward Atreus -

- The Last Paladin -

Cyneward's expression softened once more as his companion began to cry, tears streaming down Drythe's face. Patting the young man's back reassuringly, his gave him a calm smile. "Drythe. The only one who truly needs to remember that is you. Because I'll always know. Don't worry." he told him quietly, taking a step back from the boy. "As for Ramarith, he's a tough one, but he has a softer side. Don't worry, I'll talk to him if a problem does arise, the two of us go way back." he explained with a grin. "Listen Drythe, I'm by your side just as much as you are by mine, and I'll help you see your struggles through, we'll learn the truth, about everything. Your father, the Strifesworn, everything will be resolved. I promise you that. Consider it a paladin's oath." he explained, pausing as he folded his arms. "I have a plan. A plan for our return to Feora, but I'll need to think it through a little more, and besides, we need more time to prepare and have barely even had much of a chance to rest. I'll approach Ramarith about it tomorrow. I just thought I should let you know, and I need to rely on you, we may even have to split into seperate teams. But don't worry, I know my allies are with me even if we're apart." he told him with a faint chuckle, placing a hand on his hip.

"Anyway, enough talk of combat and preparations. This is a time to enjoy ourselves. Go on, head inside. And if you happen to come across a woman you think could fit the basis for a Mrs. Atreus, let me know when I return." he gave a boyish smile accompanied with a wink and a chuckle. "I'll be back soon, not to worry. I just need to clear my head a little. Relax, and be safe, friend." he told Drythe, raising a hand to give him a handshake, but paused as he hesitated, before suddenly moving forward to give the young man a friendly hug. After a moment he moved away again, giving one last wave to the boy before continuing his stroll away from the tent, moving towards the more grassy plains nearby, further away from the town itself as he hummed a merry tune to himself with a content smile.

Playful Trader

User ImageUser Image
User Image

Enaia Laeshunn

Enaia had sat for a long time in the hall, huddled up against the wall with her head held in her hands as she tried to sort out her mess of thoughts, eventually she'd wandered off, she didn't know where she was going, she just headed outside. She'd been meandering through the town for a while now, having come back to her senses as some point and watching as the pavilion filled up with people, it was then that she saw Drythe outside of it. She'd been intending to approach him but Cyneward had beat her to it and so she had remained hidden around the corner of a nearby building awaiting her chance to talk to him in private, thanks to the sounds of the party the conversation between the young men was their own, she did not listen in on it, allowing them their privacy. When at last the blonde moved to continue his walk she waited a moment for him to pass from view before she stepped out from behind the building, feet nearly silent on the ground as she approached Drythe, she needed to talk to him. So much had been on her mind since she'd left him in the bathroom and she needed the chance to speak with someone about some of it, and he was the only person that she felt like she could really talk to about it all right now.

"D-Drythe..?" her voice was soft, much more so than usual, and when he looked at her he would likely be able to easily tell she'd been crying at some point, her ears lay back in a sad and somewhat frightened manner and her tail mimicked the appearance. "Can we... talk? I-I... I have a secret and.. I need someone to talk to." she admitted softly. She was scared of what might happen when the truth came to light but she had to give it a try, after all she'd come to the conclusion that if she didn't let people in at all and give them any ounce of trust then she could never honestly expect them to be there for her and not turn against her, because otherwise she was pushing them away. He'd helped her to realize just how bad she'd become over the years, she was causing the very thing she most feared, it had become a vicious cycle and it had to end, but it was going to be hard to change and she had to start somewhere. If she could just tell someone the truth about herself, or at least part of it, that would be a start, as hard as it might be it needed to be done, and considering that she knew his secret it felt fair that he learn hers as well, especially considering he was the one who had brought all of this to light for her.

Playful Trader

User Image
Denerius Belfore

Denerius blinked a bit at Cat's question, shaking his head a bit as he glanced around at the other people enjoying themselves around them, "No, I haven't seen him or Cyneward either one yet, I was planning to perhaps explain the situation to them before they came, I do imagine it'll be a bit of a shock otherwise." he agreed, nodding a little as he scratched his head a bit. She seemed a bit worried about it and he wanted to help her feel a bit more at ease, "I'd imagine that when he hears he'll just be glad to know you're alright, he seems like a nice guy." he said, trying to give another reassuring smile. He doubted that either of the two would have a particularly bad reaction to the situation once it was explained to them, it would be good for them both to know the truth about her and hopefully it would help to relieve some tension among the group as well. He didn't know either of the other two men very well, but he'd gathered enough about them in their interactions in Feora to tell that they both seemed to be good enough guys and that they had good intentions.

"I'll definitely keep an eye out for him to get it all sorted out before he sees you with any luck. So you just go ahead and relax and try not to worry too much, you've been through a lot today you deserve some time to take it easy." the green haired man said with a gentle smile. He'd do what he could to help out, hopefully the two wouldn't elude him and recognize her before he'd had the opportunity to catch them up on the events of today, but thankfully he was a very perceptive man, so the chances of them getting by without him noticing them even in a crowd like this were probably pretty slim, not impossible, but slim. "If there's anything else I can do to help just let me know alright?" he asked, wanting to be sure she understood he didn't mind helping out at all however he could. To be honest parties weren't really his scene so he'd feel better with something important to keep him busy, for now he'd watch for Drythe and Cyneward and she was free to either return to her work or chat with him longer, he didn't mind either way, he'd gotten to apologize and now he could help her out by watching for them.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
= Vincent Arwel =

= The Cursed Hunter =

Vincent dismounted Hererinc as Eoforhild and himself arrived in Nayavere, the hooded man yawning a little as he did so. Following along with the blonde woman he listened as she spoke to him, his gaze travelling to rest upon the distant tent where some sort of event seemed to be taking place. "A party...?" he murmured to himself as the woman told him he could mingle if he liked. "Mingle, eh? Don't mind if I do." he told her casually, raising his hands and waving them in a relaxed manner as she threatened his life were he to give her away. "Easy, lass. I can keep a secret. I can keep many, in fact. You conduct your search around town, and I'll see if there's anything worth investigating at this party." he informed Eoforhild, allowing her to know of his intentions before he departed. "Ya never know, might be some alcohol that needs to be examined. Or something." he added, lazily saluting her as he began to walk away from the woman, and towards the town, more specifically, towards this tent. "Try to relax a bit girlie, you're way too tense, even in a situation like ours. Have a bit of time to yourself, ya know?" he advised her before he left, soon arriving outside the tent a short while after, passing by an armored young man who looked as though he'd been crying. 'These the guards this place has? Christ alive, he looks like Epithesi could devour him in a single swing.' he mused inwardly, before the ghastly 'voice' of the cursed blade entered his mind; 'You can always give that a try...'

'Oi! Shut it, ya bleedin' leech! I don't need any more power...not yet, anyway.' he scolded Epithesi, its screechy, horrific 'voice' letting out a groan of boredom, sorely missing the woman they had been travelling with already. She would have been a perfect wielder for a blade such as itself, not like Vincent. The dhampir in question proceeded to waltz right into the party the tent played host to, a cheerful grin on his face as he looked around. "Now why couldn't I find anything like this back in a big city?" he asked himself, before shaking his head and answering his own question. "Too big of a location, too many things going on at once. This is my kind of place." he concluded, acquiring some brandy easily enough and beginning to merrily down the stuff, it only took a while for him to start hiccuping. Glancing around he took in the other occupants of the party, still able to see them fairly well as his vision hadn't started blurring yet. Eventually his eyes landed upon a woman who seemed to be serving drinks and chatting with the fellow attendees, she stood out somewhat due to her dark complexion and unique features, she seemed to be a demon, and a little bit chubby, but he saw nothing wrong with that. Whistling in admiration, he rested the side of his head in the palm of one hand. "Whew, that is a pretty laugh." he found himself commenting aloud, before he took note of the rather womanly way in which her hips swayed, the dhampir choking a little as he had begun to take another drink, regretting that decision a little bit, but in the wider scope of things he found himself regretting nothing.

Playful Trader

User Image
Divona Arethina
The Chubby Chocolate Southern Loli Demon

Divona had been gladly helping out at the party for a while now, still greatly enjoying herself as she joked and laughed and generally conversed with the other townsfolk and refugees that were enjoying themselves tonight as well. It was very nice to be home at last, and more than that it was wonderful to get to see so many happy faces in such dark troubling times, the world was sorely in need of more moments like these, but it was understandable that this was a rare opportunity these days, all the more reason to seize it gladly then. Who knew when they might have another chance to relax and just live a little like this again, so she was perfectly happy to take advantage of the presented opportunity while it was there. Many people had been coming and going from the party, mostly coming as not many were leaving again yet, intending to stay and enjoy themselves as long as they could tonight, but she knew the faces of the townsfolk with ease and had been making sure to introduce herself to each of the new faces in town, most of which were refugees. It didn't take her long then to notice another new face in the crowd, or what she could see of it form here anyway given the fact he was wearing a hooded cloak, but she definitely didn't know him yet, cheerfully sauntering her way over to him after finishing up the refill and brief chat she'd been having at another table.

As she approached it seemed he already had a drink, but she would introduce herself nonetheless, she wanted everyone to feel welcome and at home here after all, "Good evenin' hun, so many new faces tonight." she commented with a soft chuckle, smiling in her usual sweet friendly manner at the cloaked man. "I see ya got yourself somethin' to drink already, anythin' else I can do for ya sugar?" she asked, there wasn't exactly a feast available, but the townsfolk had managed to provide some snacks and other things to eat if people were interested. Looking the man up and down a little she smiled more, "You should let ya hood down, it's so lovely tonight you should enjoy ya'self and there's no sense hidin' a handsome young face." she said in a friendly and mildly playful manner. She meant it, he looked rather nice from what she could see of him, his differently colored eyes were quite attention catching, but of course she didn't want to possibly make him uncomfortable at all either so she kept her tone light and friendly too so he wouldn't have to feel awkward about the mildly flirtatious compliment. She'd been receiving a bit of flirting tonight herself, something she was always appreciative of as she enjoyed the attention, but generally speaking she didn't return it often. However compliments came freely from the demon, she liked to be honest and make people feel good about themselves too, so if there was something worth complimenting she was usually quick to do so.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
= Vincent Arwel =

= The Cursed Hunter =

Vincent gave Divona a smile as she approached him, lifting his bottle to her as she greeted him. "Good evenin' pretty lady." he returned her greeting, raising his eyebrows a little as she asked if there was anything she could do for him. "Oh, best not to tempt me with questions like that sweetheart. I'll just spoil the conversation by making it inappropriate." he told her honestly with a mild laugh, though at the same time thinking on it he noted it to be a quality he somewhat disliked about himself. He would often flirt with attractive women but he never went further than that, due to holding respect for both himself and said women, yet he never knew when he might bump into the one who could turn out to be his true love, and for all he knew his nature may be taken badly by said woman, to be honest he wouldn't really blame her, but the thought did bother him a little, that he could so easily mess things up. For all he knew, he might have done so already. Shaking his head a little he attempted to forget those thoughts, looking up at Divona with his dual-coloured eyes as he heard her suggest he lower his hood. Smiling warmly he lifted a hand to pull the hood back, giving a nod of agreement. "Sorry lass, just a bit of a bad habit I suppose. You're right, it won't hurt to show my face." he concluded in a pleasant, friendly tone.

"Also, I could take a guess as to why there are so many new faces, but I probably shouldn't say too much about it, wouldn't want to ruin the mood. I was there though, right in the thick of it, Strifesworn and all." he told her as a boyish grin began to come to his features, deciding to regale a tale or two to impress the woman, though kept his voice hushed enough as to not let anyone else overhear and perhaps become upset at the mention of Feora. "Yep, I must have taken out a good...oh, I don't know...two hundred of them, maybe three hundred or so before I got out of there. No big deal or anything." he declared with a chuckle, bending the truth just a little with a mischevious twinkle in his red and green gaze. "Oh heavens, I almost forgot to introduce myself, what sort of gentleman am I? My name is Vincent Arwel, might I ask who you are, love?" he inquired before raising a hand with a slight wave. "Ah, let me guess. I'm speaking to Mrs. Nayavere, am I right? You must be the pride of this town, looking as beautiful as that. Just as there's no sense hiding a handsome face, there's no sense in not giving the time to compliment a lovely lady." he told her with a wink. "Oh, but I suppose I should get in line, shouldn't I? Gorgeous gal like you probably has many admirers already, am I right?" he inquired with a slight tilt of his head, briefly taking another drink. "Also, if anything I say from this point in is less than appropriate, then in my defense, it's the alcohol talking. To an extent."

Playful Trader

User Image

Eoforhild Algoran

Eoforhild had rolled her eyes a little at Vincent's comment on 'investigating' the alcohol, she didn't mind much though, he wasn't here to help her, she'd just let him tag along, just as long as he didn't give her away then it didn't matter what he decided to do here. Watching as he left she shook her head a little, time to herself eh? Unfortunately that was something she never really had these days, she could be sure that at almost all times there was someone watching her to see that she followed orders like a good little pawn. She would always do so, there was no way that she could put Elmhold in danger by straying from the orders she was given, if she could spare people from time to time in battle she did, but otherwise she did what had to be done, thankfully this was observation only so she needn't worry about that yet this time. Unfortunately she wasn't exactly spy material herself so if she wanted to be able to watch these people properly and learn what they were up to she'd probably have to fall back on befriending them in some manner or another, cloak and dagger wasn't really her approach. The knight had decided to leave her swords behind in Hererinc's saddlebags, after all it wasn't like she'd probably be needing them here if she was observing only, and someone would be lucky to get within ten feet of her boar without her there with him because if they came any closer he'd charge and that was never pretty. She might have left her armor as well to try and blend in a little but considering the scant bodysuit she wore beneath she'd probably only stand out more without the armor than she would with it. For now she would remain unarmed and hopefully she could use that to her advantage if she were to try and strike any deals with these people, she would need to know their plans so she could report them and if she was going to learn those plans then she would need to gain their trust.

As she was approaching the town she noticed a lone figure who wasn't heading toward the tent but rather away from it, pausing in the shadow of a building she watched this figure for a while, he looked somewhat familiar but from this distance she couldn't be sure. When at last he drew nearer she was able to recall his face, she'd seen him in Feora, he was one of the knights who had fought there to defend the city against their assault, she'd seen him with the girl she'd nearly killed, they'd exchanged a few words with one another before he'd left. He seemed a worthy enough adversary from what she'd seen on him, a loyal knight and brave warrior, but she need not fight him now, not tonight and for that she was thankful, after so horrible a loss as Feora she didn't think it right to strike again so soon, that would just be cruel, to strike someone when they were already down was dirty. Still, if she'd been given orders to lead her strifesworn here and attack she would have had no choice but to do it, thankfully she hadn't and they were nowhere near the town at all. For a while longer she watched the man as he strolled out into the plains and further away from her, humming and enjoying himself apparently, tonight seemed to be a good morale boost for these people and they would likely need it in times to come. But what was he doing out here and not with the others at their party? Were he going to relieve himself he could already have done so, so that was not it, his path was too uncoordinated for him to be making rounds of any sort so the only conclusion she could reach was that he was wandering somewhere. If anyone were worthy of being the one she approached it would likely be him or another knight and he was the closest one right now, with a soft sigh to herself she finally stepped away from the shadow and began to follow him, her armor clinking softly as she moved, "Where are you headed?" she asked, voice somewhat cold and hard sounding as always. She tried to seem unimposing, hands relaxed at her sides where she clearly had no weapons as she followed along behind him at a slow steady pace, eyes watching him intently as the blue markings on her face glowed gently in the darkness, somewhat like the blossoms on the tent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff