Welcome to Gaia! ::

Business Businessman

User Image
- Drythe Hallover -
- [X] -
- Repentant Catastrophe -

Drythe's eyes met with Coco's for a second after he said what his name was, causing him to flinch and look down towards the ground. He would have felt more comfortable if the only men around were Cyneward, who he was still fearful of for the moment and Ramarith, who's stature and behaviour made the boy only feel more edgy. He still had no idea how to act around women, it didn't help that Enaia was still clinging to his arm and dragging him towards Divona's home. It was huge to him, who was used to very small accommodation all his life. His eyes widened at the sight of it, but he couldn't stay in awe for long, as he was still being pulled down the path.

He wanted to decline or find some excuse to escape her grasp and run away to get some air, but he couldn't and ultimately he decided to admit defeat for the time being. Catrina wasn't around, so he could hopefully evade getting into trouble for the moment. And he was kinda hungry. He whimpered lightly as he stopped resisting Enaia's tugs on his arm, his movements becoming slightly more docile. Maybe if he spent time with the people, they would eventually leave him alone. It's not like he could be made to feel even more anxious or awkward.

...Right?

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image ~Letting the Monster Rise~

As Arina kept in touch with the power to cause the trees to grow, she was unaware of what was going on around her. That is, until she heard an inhuman scream. The healer's eyes shot open as she saw what was going on before a dark muck started to ooze from the orifice of Catrina's body. She then looked around wildly, releasing the magic that she had been weaving and running towards Catrina and the man she had recognized as Artym. She cursed under her breath before she as she watched the girl age and cry out in pain the more of the black gunk that oozed out of her. Before she could get Artym to stop, having recognized that the poor girl was dying, she saw the mage move away and felt a strange sensation that she hadn't felt before, rage. Everyone else understood what she was doing and respected her enough to give her a chance, but here he was, killing this poor girl. Dark whispers flooded her mind and, without her noticing, the black ooze started to soak in, through her skin and tempt her with thoughts of revenge and letting her rage take over. As she held Catrina's head on her lap, the girl finally started to come around as the black goo started seeping into the healer and stopped coming out of her.

Catrina's heart raced as her skin burned slight from where the shadows had left her. She felt different. Not just that, she looked different. She looked older than she had. Apparently, when Artym had stopped, the shadows that was still inside her fought back and remained inside her. A very fortunate thing to happen. It was this shadow that was keeping her alive, but she had little to now power now. She was much like a normal human. Catrina was startled to see her head was on the healer's lap. What's more, she was pained by all of her memories. She remembered everything before she had been possessed and manipulate by the shadows as well as everything from when she was. She had killed so many people. She hadn't even had any remorse from it. She was a monster. She hadn't deserved the healer's sympathy. She should have let her die. The thoughts and memories plagued her as tears stung at her eyes and streamed down her cheeks. She then noticed the shadows that had once been inside her and watched them start to take hold of Arina. "No." She whispered quietly before she rose up and started to shake the healer out of it. "Please, stop this, you need to leave or you'll be possessed." She pleaded as she started to shake the woman bey her shoulders, but it was too late.

Feeling Catrina grab her shoulders and start to shake her only caused Arina to grow angrier. How dare she do such a thing? Arina was trying to help the poor girl and she had the nerve to tell her no. Arina grabbed Catrina by the front of her shirt, glared at her from a moment before she threw her to the ground and stared at Artym. 'You just had to play God, didn't you? You had to try and kill her instead of trust my judgement and let me deal with her. After all I've been doing for everyone, this is the thanks I get? Well no more. None of you will insult me like this ever again. I'll make sure of that." Using her power over the plants, Arina summoned the roots and vines to twist together as spikes before sending them shooting at Artym, aiming for anywhere on his body. She wasn't going to kill him yet. No, she was first going to torture and humiliate him for humiliating and insulting her like he just had. As her rage continued to well inside her, the black, shadowy ooze finally seeped both inside her and into the ground, killing the plant life that Arina was not controlling.

Playful Trader

User Image
Divona Arethina
The Chubby Chocolate Southern Loli Demon

Divona smiled at Enaia as the girl thanked her for inviting them into her home, "I'm glad to help honey." she said before she looked back to Ramarith as the knight declined her offer to join them. He was an awkward man but she knew enough about him to understand him fine enough, giving a soft chuckle, "Well alright then sugar, if'n ya change your mind you're always free to pop by, you make sure to take care of ya'self." she said, more than happy to have the man accompany them to her home before he took his leave. With that her attention returned to Cyneward and she smiled at him, "I know the feeling hun, I'm lookin' forward to some of mama's food again, been a long time since I've been home. You're most certainly welcome." she said, glad to be home for the first time in a long time, and happy to be able to share it with her new friends. As they reached her house the demon gave a wave as Ramarith excused himself, watching him head off before she turned back to her home, opening the front door and stepping inside, holding it open as she let everyone follow her inside into the large entrance hall which despite its fanciness and size, was quite cozy feeling, having some very homy touches to it with portraits and other personal things. Once everyone had entered she shut the door behind them, a voice calling out a moment later, "Diva, is that you honeybun?" an older female voice inquired, bearing the same accent as Divona's own voice and that of most of the townsfolk here. "Yeah mama, it's me, I brought some'a my friends." she replied, smiling as she heard the sound of someone hurrying through the living room off to the left of the entry hall.

A moment later the door opened and a woman of similar frame to Divona appeared in the doorway, she stood a little bit taller than her daughter and her round face had a few age lines, her smile lines especially prominent. Her horns and tail were very similar to Diva's, making it more obvious that she had to be the girl mother, she was clad in a white apron that was tied over a blue dress. The woman had hustled forward quickly to give Divona a hug, still extremely relieved and happy to have her daughter home safely, she then stood back and looked over the assorted group that had accompanied her home. "Oh look at all'a you, ya got so many friends Diva! And some handsome young men too, ya didn't tell me you were bringing home any gentlemen, anyone in particular I should be meetin'?" she noted happily, glad to see them all but curious if her daughter had found herself a nice boyfriend during her travels, "Well, I hope she's told ya'll there's plenty of food and all that." she said, looking from the group to her daughter. "Oh no mama, nothin' like that, all just new friends, for example Drythe here already has a lady. Of course I did Ma, they'd all like some food and some quiet rest, do we have anythin' ready right now?" she asked after explaining with a bit of amused exasperation at her mothers question, pointing out the dark haired man to demonstrate that her mother had nothing to worry about, her mother giving a quick nod. "Of course we do dear, come along then, just through here into the kitchen, help ya'selves to whatever ya want and yun's is free to relax wherever ya want, parlor, study, bedroom, wherever ya find yourself." the older woman explained, turning to lead them through the living room and dining room into the kitchen where the numerous counters were laid out with an assortment of food, both completed and still in the process of being prepared for the dinner tonight.

Setting to work on her cooking once more, Divona's mother watched to group with a friendly smile, ready to answer any questions they might have or chat with anyone who desired to do so. Divona had followed her mother into the kitchen, grabbing a clean plate from the stack of dishes that sat on one of the counters and helping herself to some tarts and small meat pies before she looked over as the door opposite the one they'd entered the kitchen from opened and a man entered. The man looked a fair bit like Divona, bearing the same skin complexion and also having horns and tail, his crimson eyes looking quite keen, his frame was however quite different from his daughter and wife's, being a bit taller than the two and despite having entered middle age he was still in rather good shape. "Hey papa, just who I needed to see, ya know Mr. Blemoth? Do ya think he'd mind if we borrowed all'a his chairs for a party tonight, some'a my friends wanna help raise spirits tonight." she explained, smiling happily at the man who looked a little stern. The stern expression on his face seemed to be the natural state of the mans face, and when he saw his daughter it softened "I'll ask him, I'm headin' out for a bit anyhow." he said, giving her a brief smile before his face faded back into its previous stern expression. "These the friends ya mentioned then?" he asked, letting his gaze roam over the assortment of faces among the little group in an evaluating manner. "Thanks papa, yeah this is some of 'em more should probably be comin' tonight, but we'll see." she explained, taking a bite of one of the tarts she'd piled onto her plate.

Giving a mild grunt of acknowledgement and nodding to his daughter the man watched them all for a moment longer, his gaze settling on the two males in the group for a bit before he gave another nod and looked to Divona once more, "Then introductions can be made later, I'll see all ya'll in a bit." he said, excusing himself before he left the room, the sound of the front door opening and closing behind him following shortly after. "So did anyone wanna take their food somewhere quiet-like to relax a little on their own? I can show ya to some nice places to take it easy if'n ya like or you can just explore 'round on your own." the demon girl inquired after finishing off her tart, ready to help anyone if they needed it.
User Image
Artym Kay

The world continued to blur as Artym lay in the sun dappled grass trying to summon up enough will to begin casting again. The branches above him swayed in the light breeze and he lost himself for a moment in their rhythm. This place was so beautiful, so unlike his home. Everything was green and vibrant and alive. For that instant he closed his eyes and thought that it might not be so bad resting in such a place forever. But a voice brought him back before he could fall into such a comfortable trap. With some difficulty he sat up and fixed his cold gaze on Arina. He hadn't seen the black ooze infect the elf nor was he familiar enough with her to note the change in her behavior.

“I am no god and neither are you healer.” he growled, “You're judgment was flawed and you put countless lives at risk bringing a demon to this town unshackled. I...” Artym didn't get to finish his explanation and quickly slammed his free hand down on the earth igniting a simple physical defense array. As the roots tried to cross the rune line a blue barrier flared and the attacking plants evaporated on contact. “You dare call yourself a healer? You're nothing but a hypocrite! What do you think you will prove attacking a wounded opponent without warning? Do you think that if you kill me that will make your choice any less foolish? To think that I actually respected you when I met you back in Feroa.”
Artym was incredibly angry with Arina's actions. He wasn't sure how healers on the continent generally behaved but in his home country they took an oath never to willingly do harm to another individual whether through direct action or inaction. Because of this healers were afforded great respect and understanding when it came to their behavior towards criminals or enemy prisoners. There was an implicit trust between people and healers. Arina had just violated that trust and it disgusted Artym on a very deep level.

Sparkly Kitten

13,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
. : C O C O : .
~ the wind wanderer ~

His words mused her, but before she could respond to him, he excused himself from the group. Obviously she felt whatever disturbance he did, but Justin wore an expression that said he knew where it was coming from. For a moment, Coco played with the idea of inviting herself along, but instead decided to stick with the group and await his return. They would exchange stories later.

The home was extremely welcoming, just like Divona, and she could see where it was coming from when it came to first meeting her mother. The way they chatted and went about put a small, somewhat lonely smile on her face, which vanished almost as fast as it appeared. Inside, there was that part of her where the sight of a warm, happy family made her wish for the same. This was the only type of family interaction Coco has had for the past many years, the embrace of her own near forgotten with each long, passing year. Old memories came back to her of a time where she had a home and a family to be around, and she actually stayed put. When she was young, and the days were filled with endless fun and adventure. The fact that they were also demon made it stronger, but she turned her eyes down, pushing the feelings aside. The days sure did feel endless now... Her eyes then traveled over the decorations and furniture of each room, taking her mind off of her lonely feelings until they came to the kitchen, where the abundance of delightful smells made her realize just how hungry she was.

As her shoulder pressed lightly against the doorway, her attention was turned from the food to her father's arrival. After Divona explained the situation a bit, he looked around to them and Coco couldn't help the momentary feeling of being unwanted there. She brushed it off, knowing that he is a father and just watching out for his daughter... she made a mental note to give him her utmost respect when introducing herself. When Divona finally turned back to them and gave her offer, Coco's ears perked up, her hand coming to her chin for a moment to think.

"It does not matter for me, I am alright eating and relaxing wherever. I would not want to be too intrusive in your home... after all, I'm a guest, and one you've only just met." Coco responded, moving away from the wall and giving the other demon a warm smile. She was a little on edge, but did her best to relax around the group and her mother. A small part of her wondered if she should of went with Justin instead... but she was rather hungry. "I never got to say before, but my name is Coco." she finished with a small bow.

Playful Trader

User ImageUser Image
User Image

Enaia Laeshunn

Enaia was quite uncertain what to make of Drythe at the moment, he had whimpered though stopped attempting to resist her dragging him along with the group, she couldn't help wondering just why he had been so dead set on not coming with them in the first place, was he trying to avoid something or someone? When they entered Divona's house she'd followed along behind the demon and her mother who lead the group to the kitchen, still holding onto the dark haired boys arm to bring him with her. The sight and smell of all the food laid out on the counters made her mouth water a little, her ears perked and tail raised with the tip twitching in a relaxed and happy manner as she let her reddish pink gaze roam the various selections of food to be had, trying to decide what she wanted to have. At last she released Drythe's arm giving him a friendly smile before she grabbed a plate and began to place some food onto it, paying little mind to most of the conversations around her though when Divona's father entered the room she tensed a little, he seemed too uptight but then he gave that smile at his daughter, he was a little hard to read but she would be wary around him in case he was easily angered. "Thank you for all of the wonderful food and hospitality." she said sweetly to Divona and her mother with a big smile. Taking a bite of something from her plate she was delighted to find it quite excellent and delicious, making a very pleased and happy almost purring noise she turned to Drythe, "Oh, you should try some, it's really exquisite!" she said excitedly, holding it up toward him so that he could take a bite. The atmosphere here was peaceful and safe enough that she could relax a little for now, confident enough that no one would try anything right this moment. For the moment she was remaining in the kitchen as everyone discussed where they could go to relax and enjoy their food in the house, she was unsure where she would want to go in all honesty, so for now she waited to follow the lead of someone else.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
- Cyneward Atreus -

- The Last Paladin -

Cyneward gave a warm smile to Divona's mother as she approached, attempting to lower himself to kneel before her in respect, however he ended up more falling onto one knee than anything, wincing as he tried to hide his pain, bowing his head. "It is an honor, ma'am. You have my sincerest thanks for your generous hospitality." he told her honestly, before rising to follow her into the kitchen. Looking around in awe, he meekly took a clean plate of his own and hesitantly picked up one of the small meat pies, still feeling a little uneasy doing things himself in someone else's home. Taking a bite he quickly let out a muffled 'Mmh!' of satisfaction, raising his head from the food and barely managing to stop himself from speaking with his mouth full.

"This is delicious!" he stated cheerfully before helping himself to another bite of the pie, which he soon devoured contently. As a man who was clearly Divona's father entered the room he turned to face him, giving a friendly smile though his expression grew mildly nervous as he found the man's gaze settling upon himself and Drythe. "A-ah..." he mumbled awkwardly before giving a wary greeting. "I-it's a pleasure to meet you, sir!" he told him, though the man was already leaving as he spoke. Rubbing the back of his head he looked over to Divona as she spoke, then paused as he considered what she had said. "Hmm...perhaps I could do with some quiet time. That doesn't sound like a bad idea." he told her, placing a few more meat pies on his plate, looking at her as though asking for permission. What he had said hadn't entirely summed up what he felt. He needed to be alone, for however long he could be.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
= Vincent Arwel =

= The Cursed Hunter =

Vincent simply raised an eyebrow at Jake as he approached and stared intently, the Dhampir raising a hand to flick a few purple strands out of his face. "Look, I know I'm beautiful and all, but it's rude to stare. You're making me feel like an object." he told the man jestfully, watching him depart suddenly. Shrugging he looked back at Eoforhild, his eyebrows raising as her statement clearly caught him offguard. This was information he wasn't sure was safe for those he allied himself with to know, and so he attempted to casually play it off as though it was nothing at all. "Hm? Which one? I'm around plenty, but only one can have my heart. After all, what's the point of giving a gift if it's not going to be exclusive?" he asked, folding his arms. "I heard the survivors were evacuated to Nayavere. Any plans? Personally I don't mind laying low and weighing our options. We might get a nasty surprise if we were to blindly rush the place."

Business Businessman

User Image
- Drythe Hallover -
- [X] -
- Repentant Catastrophe -

Drythe was dragged into the house and couldn't help but inspect the spanning interior. There were so many rooms, and so many things. He and his father had one of the largest houses in Little Vargol, but that was only because of the blacksmith workshop that was attached to it. Besides that it was only comprised of the bare essentials.

Her mother seemed like a very warm and welcoming person, but Drythe's ability to listen shut down after she referred to him and Cyneward as 'handsome young men', his face immediately went red and he looked down at the floor. He came back to his senses when Enaia finally let go of his arm; sweet freedom. His attention immediately being drawn to the expanse of food open to them. He didn't help himself, but he couldn't stop his stomach from growling as he looked. He was really hungry, but he didn't want to impose. He'd let the others dig in and perhaps pick up some scraps later when they were done. He didn't need much food to function anyway, for whatever reason.

The appearance and disposition of Divona's father made him feel even less inclined to partake in the food, made from his ingredients, in his house. The stare he received from the man made him shudder lightly as he left.

Before he could relax, he heard a strange purr-like noise, and found a morsel being shoved in his face by the same cat-girl that had entrapped him before. She was insisting that he try it. He moved his head back and blinked, a little stunned at the prospect. Was she...Feeding him? It was all a bit strange and barrier-breaking to him. But he was hungry...He tentatively leaned forward and took a bite before munching with an approving noise. This was good, very good. He smiled lightly after swallowing the morsel.

After that, he couldn't help but realise he was stood next to Cyneward, the boy who he had been trying to avoid since they were reunited. This was the sole thing that was making him feel the most awkward, the most like he didn't belong here. Maybe if he avoided the issue, everything would be okay for now? He certainly seemed cheerful after having some of the food. Drythe decided that an attempt to connect with his friend could only be a good thing. Maybe it would lessen the blow when the truth came to light. He muttered quietly to his friend.

"I honestly have no idea how you are able to hold your composure around these women, Cyneward..." He flashed a sheepish smile as he watched him fill his plate again.

Dapper Dabbler

User ImageUser Image ~Letting the Monster Rise~

Arina laughed in a cold tone as she watched the vines become shredded by the protective barrier. She then heard him give her a lecture on ethics as she seemed to not care. The shadows had poisoned her mind with hatred merely from the shock of seeing what had happened in front of her, when she should have been watching Catrina. Still, she had been right about there being good in the girl after all. But that was no longer Arina's will. She wanted to watched the world wither and die. She'd become bitter from helping so many and all they did was look down on her. "What respect?" She barked as she took a few steps closer to Artym. "Had you respected me, even when I was a healer, you wouldn't have done what you did. It's because of people like you who make me really hate the world of humanity. You only respect someone when it's convenient for you and when it suits your fancy. You don't even care to know the circumstances, but it's too late now." She growled as she used the roots in the ground to come up and try to pierce Artym from inside his barrier. Just as she did that though, she felt someone clutch onto her arm.

Catrina couldn't sit there and listen to this anymore. They had both saved her, even though it was far too late for her to have turned back from the road she had traveled down. While the healer was ranting to the mage after he had lectured her, Catrina snuck quietly to stop her before anything bad could happen. Catrina had no clue what she could do to help, but she had to try. "Please, you two need to stop. Arina, he did what he thought was best and with all I've done, I had deserved nothing short of death for my deeds." Her voice still sounded childish, almost holding an innocence to it before she looked at Artym with pleading eyes. "Please, whatever was in me is poisoning her mind. She's not right in the head right now. Don't fight her." She had turned to Artym, hoping that sense would wash over both of them as she hoped that this would end. Unfortunately, Arina had shaken the poor girl off of her arm before she seemed to tap into the darkness to summon up a large spear. Things were not looking good. Catrina didn't know what to do.

Before Catrina could stop her, Arina lunged towards Artym, using the spear in her hand to try and impale the barrier and maybe even drive through the mage. She wasn't about to listen to a whiny, little girl's request. She had no respect for what she was doing either. No one did. Everyone took her for granted. She would make them pay, every last one of them. Slowly and painfully. This was her game now, not the game of a child. She would use these people's alliances against them and get them to turn on each other before she'd find a way to start parading the Strifesworn into the town. "It really is a pity that I have to kill you now mage, I would've loved to see the look on your face if you could see everything I plan to do." Her voice seemed to darken as did her eyes. It seemed the shadows started to change her already.

Business Businessman

User Image
< Sir Justin Ramarith >
< O >
< Righteous Phoenix >

Justin stepped his hurried pace to a full on run as he approached where he thought the disturbance was coming from. It could easily be nothing, but the knight-captain's hunches were rarely wrong when it came to Nayavere. He had been in control of the town's protection for years, his strong sense of duty combined with a genuine love for the place he had come to call home. Even if there was less than a 1% chance that something was wrong, he had to have a look for himself and dispel all potential threats. If that 1% led to the loss of Nayavere, the man would surely be crushed.

Moving very swiftly for a heavily armoured man, his greaves clunked against the ground as the rest of the plate on him clattered together. He vaulted over one of the small wooden fences that bordered the large field that Arina had been setting up in. He saw figures in the distance and picked up his pace further to meet them, something looked suspicious. It was as if there was fighting going on.

Justin drew his sword and called out to the three of them.
"HALT! All of you!"

Playful Trader

User Image
Divona Arethina
The Chubby Chocolate Southern Loli Demon

Divona's mother beamed happily at the group as they thanked her for her hospitality, "Aw, not at all, I'm so happy we can help out Diva's friends all ya'll seem so sweet." she said, clearly happy to have everyone there. Peoples enjoyment of her cooking only served to make the woman happier and she chuckled happily, "Why thank ya hun, I'm glad ya'll are enjoyin' it, I love cookin' and there's plenty to go 'round so help ya'selves to as much as ya like." she said. Her husbands entrance had been brief but she could see that everyone felt a bit awkward afterward, particularly the two young men, so she was quick to reassure them, "Don't mind him sugar," she said to Cyneward, looking to Drythe as well and giving the two a comforting smile, "He's just a little wary of havin' such fine young men around his sweet little girl I reckon. He'll ease up tonight at dinner, just needs a bit of time around ya to see how well mannered and kind ya both are." she explained before she focused on Drythe again, noticing that he wasn't getting himself any food though he seemed to be a bit hungry. "Now don't be shy honey, help ya'self, there's more than enough for all'a ya, I reckon you could use it anyhow, you're all so skinny, growin' boys and girls need lotsa food for energy." she said, giving a soft laugh "Now me, I'm just growin' round the middle!" she exclaimed with good humor laughing more. Divona chuckled and shook her head a little at her mother, leaning over to give the woman a kiss on the cheek before she looked back to the group, it seemed everyone was a little reluctant to wander about the house on their own so she would give them a bit of a tour and they could all take a rest wherever they felt like. "Alright hun, well if you've all got your food then I'll show ya around and you can just plop down wherever ya like along the way if it strikes your fancy." she said, directing it mostly toward Cyneward though the statement included everyone present.

She waited for a moment to make sure that everyone had gotten all that they wanted of the food before she began to lead the way out of the kitchen through the door her father had originally entered it through. Through this door was a large sunroom, the big windows that lined the outer walls allowing the pleasant glow of sunlight to wash the room without becoming unpleasant, several couches and chairs filled the room allowing ample seating. Making sure that if anyone desired to stay behind here they were comfortable she continued onward through another door, this one led into what seemed to be a music room, with a large black piano gracing the center and various other instruments and musically related items around the room. After this they were once more in the entryway where they had originally come into the house, this time rather than going through any of the doors she led the way up the set of stairs that brought them from the ground floor to the next one. Branching off from the stairway was a peaceful office with various desks and shelves of books and other things, a room that seemed to be her parents bedroom, and two other bedrooms, one of which seemed to be a guest room currently a bit messy with stacks of blankets and other bedding awaiting sorting for those who would be staying the night. The other bedroom one could assume was Divona's, once she'd shown them around, allowing people to sit and relax wherever they liked, having also pointed out key places such as restrooms in case they were needed, she considered what she herself wanted to do, eating one of the pies from her plate which she'd been carrying with her, intending for everyone to eat wherever.

Playful Trader

User ImageUser Image
User Image

Enaia Laeshunn

Enaia watched Drythe hesitating a brief moment in confused surprise before he took a bite of the food she was offering him, giving him a grin as he seemed to also approve of the cooking. He was loosening up at least a little bit apparently, which was probably a good thing, it was never good for someone to feel uncomfortable, and the more relaxed everyone was, the better things usually went. As Divona's mother encouraged the boy to get some food of his own she nodded up at him, "Yeah, you should get some food too!" she said, moving to grab one of the plates with her free hand and giving it to the dark haired man. She'd caught his comment to Cyneward, though others likely hadn't since it was quiet, she'd only heard because her fuzzy black ears were more sensitive than that of most humans and other races. Putting on a mock expression of confusion and pouting she looked at Drythe, "What's wrong, don't you like girls?" she asked, her ears back and tail down to match her pouting appearance. When Divona mentioned giving them all a tour she looked to the demon, smiling sweetly and ready to follow along, where she would end up settling down at she was currently uncertain, perhaps she would stick with someone else for a bit some place.

Playful Trader

User Image

Eoforhild Algoran

Eoforhild found herself oddly a little amused at Vincent's comment to Jake when the man had stared at him, but her face did not betray this emotion, remaining stoic and unfazed before Jake suddenly departed, his exit was strange but she was glad enough to be rid of him that she relaxed a bit, her gaze focusing on the others now. Vincent's response was vague and casual, implying that he didn't want these people to know about the woman he'd helped as she was rather certain he was aware of what she was talking about. This was a good sign in her opinion, he seemed to perhaps be in a predicament similar to her own right now, not evil but having to work with them for the time being perhaps. "Indeed." was her simple response regarding his silly babbling about his heart being for only one person. It was a sentiment she agreed with well enough but she also didn't really care much, romance was not on her list of interested right now and she never imagined it would be, there were more important things in the world to her right now. When his talk turned to the evacuation and where it seemed the survivors had headed she tensed a little, she somewhat wished that everyone would be uncertain of where exactly they had gone in order to perhaps give people more time, but she couldn't really expect that. Her second hope was that she would not be called into any involvement with the town, perhaps her master would send her off elsewhere, but that hope was quickly dashed as well when Adelina moved to whisper something in her ear. She disliked the girl being so close but she remained motionless, her twin blades still in hand though relaxed at the moment as she listened to the information being given to her.

There were new orders already it seemed, how exactly Adelina and their master communicated she honestly had no idea but it was no business of her, she had orders and she would follow them, she was thankful that they at least were not to attack for the moment. "It seems that I am to go to Nayavere and observe the group of warriors who made it out of Feora alive." she said, her voice as blank and cold as always. Sheathing her blades she moved to her pile of armor, fetching the equipment and beginning to don the various pieces as she looked to the others again, letting her grey eyes settle on Vincent as he seemed the most agreeable. "You may come if you desire but my orders are to watch only and report my findings, there is to be no attacking, if you interfere with my objective, I will kill you." she stated with complete calmness. Once she had put on her armor she moved to gear up Hererinc who seemed to have settled down a little since Jake's departure, and after she'd placed the Elmhold flag in the flagboot of his saddle once more, she climbed atop the white boars back and settled in. Now ready to go she waited to see if anyone was coming with her, there was room for one other to ride with her if they liked, otherwise they would be coming on foot, it would take them a long while to reach Nayavere but that was no matter.

Devoted Lionheart

User Image
- Cyneward Atreus -

- The Last Paladin -

Cyneward smiled to both Divona and her mother, nodding his head in acknowledgement and thanking both of them. After a moment, however, Drythe suddenly piped up and spoke to him, and he blinked, looking over to his companion. Tilting his head slightly he paused as he took in the young man's statement. "I, well...wait..." he was silent for some time, as it slowly began to finally dawn on him that over the past few days he had actually been more or less surrounded by women almost constantly. He hadn't even slept without one in the same room as himself. "Wow..." he mumbled as his face took on a hue of deep red, and after some time of standing speechless he abruptly attempted to wave it away dismissively as though it was nothing.

"Oh, well, you know, when you live your life as someone such as myself, you just get used to it." he commented with a touch of his cocky nature returning briefly, before it quickly died down and he promptly lowered his head in shame. "Ah, who am I kidding? I really have no idea." he told Drythe, giving the truth this time. Soon he followed Divona as she showed them around the house, and eventually they came to what seemed to be the guest room. "I think I'll just rest here for now." he informed the others, stepping into the room while he finished off his food, his back to the group before they eventually moved on. Once they had done so, he gave a heavy sigh, the young paladin reaching over his shoulder and holding the broken flag of Feora infront of him, pondering if it would be more comfortable to keep it at his side rather than on his back. He sat down as he stared at the flag for some time, everything flooding into his mind at once. Malith's death which he had brought about, the city that was his home in flames, even the long buried memories of the loss of his family so many years ago. The burden was simply too much, it had been so this entire time, but he had done a good enough job of hiding that. A soft whimper escaped him, before he closed his eyes tightly as his whimper turned into silent sobbing, only a whisper leaving his lips as he cried.

"I'm alone again..."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces