Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Friend

Ω xxx James Nyx xxx Ω

User Image
He watched as things began to unfold in the confrontation with the little creatures. For a moment he kept his eyes on the leader as the black haired girl spoke to him. The little things smirk widened. Really, information, something that would certainly lead to peril. He thought to himself as she continued speaking to him. Stupid she was not, but still, something about this gave him a horrible feeling. He was about to speak once more when the younger looking women threw the man her earrings and the smile on the leaders face broadened even more. Mere seconds after he rattled off the directions he watched the girl take off with her bear as the one with the jet black hair took off behind her.

He looked towards the little creatures now which danced with glee. This is definitely not good. His thoughts made his head shake as he ran after them. As he picked his guitar case up along the way he could hear the creatures now chuckling amongst themselves. He replayed the directions in his head as his feet seemingly glided ever so gently on the ground. He once more caught their voices not to far up the path as he heard the younger women demanding to be let go. As he rounded one of the turns he caught site of them. Walking up to them he shook his head momentarily as he listened to the last of the younger womens rant. Although with her new posture she almost seemed a bit older, showing some of her maturity. It almost...Almost offset the fact she was still carrying around a teddy bear.

Looking between the both of them he finally opened up his mouth to speak as he ran a hand through his silvery hair and grabbed another cigarette out of his trench coat. "This isn't really the time to be bickering amongst ourselves. We are all stuck in this labyrinth against our wills. I am not saying we should trust each other but working together would be better than trying our odds alone." He said as he took a lighter out of his pocket, lit the cigarette and took a puff. He was cautious to blow the smoke away from the two women knowing not everyone appreciated cigarette smoke.

Looking back towards the younger lady his face was a bit stern for a moment. "I understand what you are saying but do you think running around here blind is the best option? We all had other plans for the day but yet here we are. I mean seriously, do you think you would stand a chance against something more sinister when all you have is a teddy bear." He said pointing to the bear which she held in her hands. His wasn't yelling but instead held a hint of concern and frustration. "Whatever pressing matters you have won't do you much good if you are dead now will they?" The tone in his voice carried the true reality that it was a very good possibility in this place. He once more took a puff as he inhaled the smoke before gently releasing it as he looked towards the dark haired women. "I wasn't saying you were stupid just we need to think about our actions and proceed with a little more caution. We don't know what may be around the next corner and I for one would like to be prepared. With that said I am James son of erebos." He said figuring if they were going to be together for a little they may as well get introductions out of the way. He carried a genuine smile almost as if to say glad to meet you. "So are we prepared to face whatever may come ahead, and are you guys willing to work together to escape?" His final question sounded rhetorical, almost as of a leader commanding an army to get them pumped up rather than an actual question.

Ω xxx Embrace the darkness, It consumes us, Embrace the darkness, You shall never be alone xxx Ω

Nimble Faun

14,825 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image
If you can find the time To give your love to me
I will wait for you If that's all you need -If you can find the time
I'll wait for youBut if you can't find the timeThen cut me loose
Cause I don't have the time And I don't have the patience
What do you take me for? Why am I still waiting? Cause while you decide.
I'm stuck here suffocating. Cause if you can't find the time
My bleeding heart won't make it

░░░░░░░Iris Lilian Jace░░░░░░░
░░░░░░Athena's Daughter░░░░░░

Iris was relieved when Draikyn scurried into the clearing. His bow was gone, and Iris sighed. There goes one means of protection ...then again not much could have been done against the man eating shrubs. Maybe, if she had been forewarned, she would have just grabbed a weedwhacker. That would show those man eating -shifting hedges. She turned as Anton turned to her and repeated his question that she'd been vaguely aware of him asking Draikyn.

"You okay?" She turned to him, her eery golden eyes analyzing him for the first time, coasting down his body as she took in his physique, and silently made her own conclusions about him. The brawny boy was obviously well in shape. He was the only one with a weapon now, and he seemed to be the most compassionate - and level headed out of the two boys she was accompanied with. The other one... he seemed to be a trembling little boy but in a way it was also sweet. The contrasts in personality were so brazen that Iris felt assured that these boys were actual people and not hallucinations. Her mind tended to dull her - and she was pretty sure it would have created people like her. Quiet people who analyzed everything to a fault, someone who had the inability to be afraid simply because before she could be afraid she had either reacted or done some strange numerical formula in her head to logic out her survivability.

Either way she blinked, and followed the direction his finger pointed when he said she didn't have to carry it. She remembered now she had his back pack and instead of handing it back to him which is clearly what he would have been more comfortable with she looked into his eyes boldly before responding: "When the time comes where that sword will be handy, I don't want you struggling with other things. I will keep this out of your way. Don't worry. I don't need whatever is in it. I'm far too prideful to steal or even ask another person to use their things." She openly admitted in her gentle voice. If he heard her or not he responded to Draikyn then, stating he didn't know if he could continue to be this lucky.

Iris smiled ironically, listening in. "Whatever that was, I am sure it wasn't luck." She told him gently before turning and watching the hedges shift, closing one path before them and she sighed.
"What happens is we move forward. No matter what. We've got to keep going." She told them both firmly, stepping forward cautiously, and peering into the dark path. "Please keep your hands and feet inside the Labyrinth path at all times." She said dryly, sighing before stepping her dainty feet onto the path, looking back with her golden eyes to ensure that Draikyn and Anton were going to follow.

∞Communication Σ Draikyn and Anton Π Feeling Σ Aggressive, frustrated, worried for her father, scared as hell! Π Location Σ The Maze Π∞

Timid Explorer

User Image
Zoe Haines

Zoe bounded over yet another greek column, panting and sweating bullets. She was already sprinting, but her pace managed to increase further as she heard the hiss of something pass by her ear, and felt her pink hair stir at the speed of it. The loud thump of paws and the terrible grinding sound of claws scrabbling over stone accompanying that certainly helped. She gritted her teeth as she passed a spike stuck into the wall.

"Welp...I've gotten myself into a fine mess. As per usual." Zoe thought bitterly. Previously, she'd been wandering around, very oblivious as to the dangers around her, and lamenting the lack of wine in her bottle. Because of this, she didn't look where she was stepping and tripped on something lying on the ground. Without thinking, the demigod kicked it in frustration. What she didn't see at the time, was that that tail was attached to something very big and very angry, that was originally sleeping quite peacefully among some shrubbery. Needless to say, it turned around, roared, and Zoe surprisingly had enough sense to high-tail it out of there.

However, it was about a match for her in speed. The only thing that kept it from fully catching up with her was the fallen greek architecture that littered this particular part of the maze, sharp turns, and Zoe's added bonus of a little liquid courage. However, liquid courage only lasted so long.

Zoe was never scared. She'd been chased by cops, angry jocks, jealous girlfriends (and boyfriends), and druggies high and gone mad. But...this was slightly different. In order to cope...this demi-god was uh...singing a song that happened to pop into her head as she leapt over stelae and took every sharp corner she could. "~Watch out boy, she'll chew you uuup! Ooh ooh here she comes, she's a maaaaaan-eater!~"

At one point, she gained a small lead on the thing. To gain more of a lead, she smashed the end of her wine glass against a wall to make a sharp point of the handle, and threw it at the creature, hoping to hit it somewhere in the face. However, in turning her attention backward, Zoe turned a corner and ran into a brown-haired girl. She dropped the wine bottle she'd still been holding, and spat a couple of curses, trying to extract herself from the girl as her terror suddenly intensified. "You idiots! Get the frack outta my way and run!"

With: A Manticore, Iris, Anton, and Draikyn
Feeling: Terrified to the point of Singing
OOC: Okay, I had a little fun with this one...

Fanatical Bibliophile

Draikyn Elias Daringen
                                ♬ •·.·´¯`·.·• Son of Apollo •·.·´¯`·.·• ♬

User Image
                                Even there, from his position on the ground, panting for breath that just would not fill his lungs, he couldn’t help the yelp that ripped through him when a strange golden glow filled their small area of clearing and the hedges just a mere few inches behind him slammed shut. He scrambled forward, completely taken aback and out of sorts before spinning and staring at them, his chest heaving. That was… That was… just a little too close.

The voice echoed in his head again, and Draikyn turned his head just a little, his frightened icy eyes focused blankly on the man who dared ask that question. Was he okay? Physically, the answer was yes, mostly. A few scratches, and an over-reactive heart, but it wasn’t anything that wouldn’t fix with just a little bit of time and quiet. But mentally? He was scared senseless, surprised that he wasn’t sitting there shaking and trembling. Or maybe he was, and his mind just wasn’t registering the fact. Either way, he could only assume that Anton had meant to inquire on his physical state, so he nodded, just once, before fixing his gaze back on the hedges, fearful that they would start up again, allowing the other two to converse without him while he recovered just a little. They could have their talk. Just give him five minutes to—!!

Wait. Not that lucky next time? There was going to be a next time? Draikyn swallowed convulsively, praying that he had just misunderstood that, even knowing full well that there was going to be further things happening. And soon. In a maze like this… where death lurked around every corner…

The sound of the rustling hedges behind him, again, sent chills down his spin. He automatically jerked his head in that direction, his eyes widening when he saw one of their only two paths closing up and sealing off. “Our choice in the matter… has been t-taken away…” he whispered, horrified as he looked to Anton and Iris. What were they going to do now? “I’d bet… there’s something down that path worse than the hedges” he said with a groan.

But it wasn’t like they could go back. They needed to get moving if they were ever going to get out of here. If he wanted to see his mother again… His long, slender finger closed around the strap of his violin case as thought steeling himself against the inevitable truth. Iris was right about that. Warily, Draikyn climbed back to his feet, casting a frightened glance down the path they had come from. Or, rather, where it had been. “One way out…” he said quietly, turning to follow in silence.

His voice at least was steadying a little as he came to terms with the fact that being terrified in here wasn't going to change the fact that there were creatures he didn't understand about. Be brave. Bravado. And everything will be fine. Or so he tried to convince himself.

He hadn’t expected a surprise encounter before they had even really gotten started down the path. They had gone maybe… ten, fifteen feet at the very most when a young woman popped out, spouting curses because she had apparently just run into Iris. Draikyn tensed immensely, one hand of fingers tightening around the strap further while the other grabbed an arrow from his quiver. One of the few that had escaped the fall. He might not have a bow, but the end was sharp anyways. “W-who—?” he began, but cut himself off before shaking his head. Come on, just focus! He could do this. Time to put on the brave face. He swallowed hard, brandishing his makeshift weapon at her. “Who are you? And why are you coming this way? It’s all closed off back there.”

Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life. ~Jean Paul

User Image xxxxxxxxxUser Image xxxxxxxxxUser Image

I can be found: < In the maze > xxxxxxxx I am with: < Anton, Iris & Zoe >
                                <<OOC: Will do Aeslyn after Layla
                                I just noticed she had a manticore chasing her. XD Nice.... Lol! >>

bamieb's Wife

Alien Unicorn

XXxx
User ImageUser Image
XXXX
User Image
☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪
I am x the son x of x Chronos
══════════════════════════════════════

Anton felt his gaze swivel to that of Iris once more after Draikyn nodded. His way of saying he was “okay”. He knew the younger male wasn't mentally. Who would be after almost being gobbled up by hedges? His eyebrow rose just slightly as she glanced him over. At least she didn't have that normal disgusted look that most people did when they looked at him. He wasn't a bad guy, just for some reason tended to drive others off, before they could get to know him. In this instance.. there was nowhere they could really go. Only one path ahead of them…

He shoved his hands into his pockets nodding at her words. Well.. at this moment, he didn’t have time to squabble over who held what. he found his hand raising to pinch the place in between his brows. Honestly… he just wanted to go back to bed. His hand went to touch his weapon lightly. They would have to see just how well his training would help him in the real world. Well that was, if one could consider this all real. It was one of those things that although it just happened, it was hard to digest properly. Although Anton’s mind was traveling a mile per second, his face and body remained relaxed and calm. They had Draikyn, who was freaking out enough for everybody at the moment. He felt bad for the guy.

He looked back at Draikyn, watching him rise. “you will be okay, just take a deep breath.” He found him self saying to the other male, as he turned to follow Iris. Yes.. they would all be okay.. right? Then they would go on with their lives…. As if they had never known or met one another. They had barely began the second stretch of their journey when a woman ran smack dab into Iris. Anton moved forward and untangled the women, before stepping back, and eying the newest member of their “group”. Well, didn’t she have a little mouth on her. He eyed Draikyn who was waving an arrow at her fiercely. He went to ask why they needed to run, when he heard it. The growl set shivers down his spine. The hedges.. had been scary sure.. but.. that growl.

Anton would have been stupid to think that the growl belonged to a cute little bunny. Granted, things were weird, knowing his luck he would have to face the dreaded bunny of the Monty Pythons movie. He backed up, seeing the shadow of the creature, seconds before it tore around the edge of the hedges. Apparently there was another path. However, Anton was in no rush to go down that particular one. Definitely not a bunny. Most definitely not. His bright green eyes grew wide, as he looked up at the beast. It was snarling, and getting closer to them, preparing to pounce at its new prey. Uh yeah.. it was time to run.

Marion-san

DJ Hope 1990

Naomi Sakeja

/spoiler]

Nimble Faun

14,825 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
User Image

Iris had been content to turned to Draikyn and reassure him but as her head turned something smacked into her - hard. For a split second she almost felt bad for whatever rammed into her. She was a bony little thing, top it off with the fact that her body was more durable and sturdy then others seemed to be, her head snapped in surprise as she stumbled back, landing on the ground, in a tangled heap of arms and legs. It was a girl. With bright pink hair. Any sympthy she may have felt for the girl disappeared coldly as she let out a stream of curses. And then called them all idiots.

You idiots! Get the frack outta my way and run!" "May I be so bold as to remind you, Pinky that you smacked into ME. Perhaps you need to watch where you're going."
She snapped this out in a harsh tone, and she was surprised when Anton's strong hands untangled them. She used him as leverage to get back on her feet and she looked up at him and nodded. "Thank you..." She said awkwardly, brushing her clothes off. She'd never had anyone help her like that. Then again she was so socially awkward she'd never allowed anyone to touch her at all. But then the growl- she looked up as the giant lion came around - no that was not a lion. Just the body, but the face looked like... a humans! Was a ... SCORPION TAIL?
"MANTICORE?" She gasped in surprise. Then she realized - The girl was still on the ground... and Anton... he was in the way too! She didn't think she just moved. The backback slid off of her back and she pushed it into Anton's chest, shoving him harshly out of the way as she charged forward and jumped. Her body arched gracefully as she sprang like a cat at it, her body twisting... The manticore slid to a stop, shocked and astonished that it'd come across more beings - and one of them was launching itself at it.

Iris foot connected with the nose of the manticore - hard. It screamed in pain and surprise shaking its head violently as if to shake off the pain as Iris landed on the ground, then rolled to the side, getting to her knees. "GO! GO! GO! Draikyn, RUN! " She said, launching her way towards Anton, grabbing his hand this time, as he had done hers when the hedges had caught her by surprise but clearing past that, she realized. They had no where to turn. The hedges had shut them in. They were locked in the clearing... with a manticore.

"I WILL DEVOUR YOU WHOLE! The beast screamed and Iris looke back, for the first time, fear creeping along her delicate features. "A-Anton. We need to work together. Draikyn, Pinky, get behind us and don't get in the way. OKay?" She said, taking a deep breath, and turning to face the cat who was now stalking towards him, a victoris smirk on its ugly face.

∞Communication Σ Draikyn and Anton Π Feeling Σ Aggressive, frustrated, worried for her father, scared as hell! Π Location Σ The Maze Π∞

iAnzu

Marion-san

Naomi sakeja

Timid Explorer

User Image
Zoe Haines

Zoe paused in her rant when Draikyn pointed his arrow at her. She snorted in annoyance. "Welp, I ran where there was a path. And either put that thing away before you hurt yourself, kid, or give it to me." The waver in his voice gave him away, and noticing his fear made Zoe a little less afraid herself. She couldn't stand looking weak in front of others. And she certainly didn't respect people who did it themselves. She ate them for breakfast.

Zoe yanked herself away from Anton's hands as he helped her disentangle from Iris. "I don't need your damn help! You dumbasses have all done enough." Then, her head snapped back to attend to Iris, severely ticked off. "Pinky? Really, Pinky?! I'll show you what pink looks like when I turn your insides outside!"

Normally, Zoe would've started a brawl right then and there. However, there were more important matters to attend to. The manticore had swiftly covered the gap she'd made, and was now advancing on them. She watched as Iris faced it head-on, and was fairly impressed. She'd have to ask her where she'd learned those moves later. But, Zoe had quite a bit of a competitive streak, especially when people she decided not to like were showing her up. The demigod scoffed. "I'll stand where I damn well please. I ain't gonna trust you with my life." She grabbed her bottle from the ground, and pointed it at Anton. "Maybe him, since he, ya know, is of the brawny attractive persuasion and has a big stick. But not you."

Then, seeing the manticore's tail rear up, Zoe let loose another dirty curse. "-look out!" She stepped in front of her the trio as several spikes shot from the beast's tail. Using the bottle like a baseball bat, she managed to block one, and actually hit one back at the monster, hitting it in the eye. She felt a tiny amount of satisfaction in that, having tried for an eye before with the wine glass. However, her little victory died down a little when she felt the glass from the bottle shatter backwards, and one spike drive itself into her shoulder. "...ow." She didn't yet feel a ton of pain. And, hell, she was no stranger to pain or blood. But she knew that was gonna hurt later.

Feeling: Slightly Terrified, but Very Annoyed, and therefore Slightly Overconfident
OOC:

bamieb's Wife

Alien Unicorn

XXxx
User ImageUser Image
XXXX
User Image
☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪

Anton watched as the new girl viciously tore words at Draikyn. Well that wasn't nice. Someone had an attitude problem. He glanced at Draikyn, hoping he wasn't to thrown off by her words. However his gaze had swiveled to that of Iris a moment later, her being upright now. He gave her a small gentle smile when she thanked him. However his attempt to be nice to the pink haired one, did not revoke a simple or kind words. Anton’s brow furrowed just slightly, before he rolled his eyes, letting go of her. He shook his head and put his hands up. He was just trying to be nice. Anton realized this was why he never made the attempt to make friends. People like her, who were rude for no reason.

Anton watched warily as the women got wordy with each other. Oh goody, a cat fight. However, as the Manicore reared into sight, Anton felt his mouth drop. They were real? Fascinating! If he could just talk to it., without it killing him, perhaps, they could help each other.

However at the feel of his bag being shoved into his chest, he was drawn away from his thoughts on the subject. His gaze widened ever so slightly at Iris’s brave face of taking on the Manticore like it was nothing. That.. had been so very stupid, and so very awesome at the same time. Anton found him self smiling a bit at it, despite the anger that it had risen from their new opponent. Again his humane thoughts dispersed, as Iris grabbed his hands. They were running again. None of them knew how to fight a monster like this. However their plan was halted as quickly as it had begun. The maze had closed them in.

This was going to be the boss level. They had thwarted the hedges, and now came the super annoyed beast. He had a feeling that in order to move on, they had to beat this beast. He dropped his bag off to the side, and out of their way. He didn't want to fight this thing, not because he was scared. Well okay he was more than scared, any normal person would be. No he didn't want to fight it, because maybe perhaps.. they could come to an understanding. When the beast spoke, Anton felt all hope of coming to an understanding fading.

He nodded at Iris, his face smoothing over all emotion. His gaze snapped back at the pink haired woman a moment later though, as she started up again. He was about to tel her this was hardly the time, but got distracted slightly. Brawny attractive persuasion, who.. him? Anton raised an eyebrow, eyeing the woman over briefly. Had she just called him hot? Anton was slightly flabbergasted at that, but came to his senses quickly, prepared to do his part in the battle. He jumped back, a spike burrowing itself into the ground, right where he had been standing. He let out a breath. His gaze widening as the pink haired woman managed to hit the spike straight into the manicores eye. Good shot.

The manicore hissed in pain, Trying to claw out the spike from its eye. He wondered if their venom worked on themselves. If it did, the venom would paralyze the beast in minutes. He was about to draw his weapon, when a decent size shard of glass drove itself into the pink haired woman’s shoulder. Oh s**t.. he thought to himself. The Manicore was moving slower, it shrieking on pain. Anton actually felt bad for it. He was a lover of beasts, big, small, dangerous or friendly.

“DON’T YOU PITY ME…HALF BREED TIME LORD.” It hissed angrily, it good eye focused on Anton. Its good eye swiveled looking over all of them. “ YOU ALL ARE SO WEAK. YOU CAN’T EVEN END ME CAN YOU? “ it asked, its eye laying still on Anton. Its breaths becoming more and more ragged, as its paralyzes took effect. “YOU… LOVER OF ANIMALS CANT BRING YOUR SELF TO KILL ONE MEASILY BEAST CAN YOU…? PATHETIC…. YOUR HEART OF A HUMAN. YOUR NOT FIT TO BE A GOD.” It laughed painfully, spittle flying from its mouth. Anton glared at the beast, unsure of what to say or do. He began to draw his weapon but stopped. It was taunting him, trying to get him to commit murder.

Anton had never killed anything, and wasn’t going to start now. Human as that made him, he was a murderer. The beast was dying, if it was still attacking, perhaps. maybe he would defend his group.. but it wasn’t. The beast stared at him angrily. “KILL ME!” it screamed. Anton straightened his shoulders, and shook his head. He turned slightly, his attention on both the beast and the rest of his group. “are you okay?” he asked, ignoring the further taunts of the beast, as his voice moving through the pink haired girls head softly.

Fanatical Bibliophile

Draikyn Elias Daringen
                                ♬ •·.·´¯`·.·• Son of Apollo •·.·´¯`·.·• ♬

User Image
                                Deep breathes. Right. He could do that. Maybe. If things would stop jumping out at him and surprising him to no end! He glared at the girl before them, still shakily holding on to the arrow as he brandished it at her. Not that she seemed to notice, or even care.

And he could easily see why.

His eyes glinted with a horrified look behind his icy eyes as they focused on the horrifying creature sauntering down the pathway. A human face on lion’s body and a scorpion tail. That was… oh gods. Frightening. That was the only way to describe it. But the other girl, she called it a manticore? What was that? It didn’t… it couldn’t really exist, could it? But here it was, right there in front of him.

A sharp gasp came out of his mouth as he took a step back, automatically trying to put more distance between himself and this… thing. Even as he did so, however, he knew there was no hope. There was nowhere to run. Nowhere to go! The paths out of the clearing they had just left we all closed save this one! And from the size of the thing, there was no getting around it without having to face the beast.

Great. That was just perfect. Peachy.

He threw himself out of the way as the manticore came barreling towards them, barely missing the edge of the hedges as he dove back into the clearing, staring wild eyed at the thing that followed them. Razor sharp claws… This was bad. And then the rustling… oh gods. No. The hedges were closing them in! Now there really was nowhere to go!

Get behind and don’t get in the way. He could do that, but… Well. It wasn’t exactly fair to leave it up to her when he was one of the ones armed!! Anton had a weapon, new girl had a bottle, and Iris had nothing but some slick moves. He had to do something. His bow might be gone, but he still had the arrows that could help him out. He shakily drew another into his hand, swallowing hard as he rose to his feet. Okay. Improbable odds against an impossible monster… This was going to be back, but it was worth a shot. He could do this. He could help out and get rid of this thing. Somehow.

But everything around him changed so fast that it left his head spinning.

One minute they were holding their own in a tense standoff, both sides waiting for the other to make a move. The next, the manticore, if that is what it truly was, was has let out a string of missile spikes shot out of its tail. The bottle in the new girl’s hand shattered as she deflected and redirected one of the spikes at the beast’s eyes, glass shards driving into her shoulder as she yelped in pain.

And then the beast spoke to them, challenging them in that ice cold voice once more. Kill it, the manticore had dared. Kill it to prove that they did not have the heart of a weak, pathetic human. Prove that they belonged there. But it sounded like… It sounded like it was losing the battle.

Was this their test? Were they supposed to kill it? But… The voices at the beginning of the maze had told them that they needed to get through the maze. These types of creatures were everywhere here, weren’y they? So if it wanted it to test them, why would it be daring them, challenging them to kill it? What was the point of that?

Draikyn’s eyes narrowed briefly as he considered the implications of the action, studying the encounter between the group and the beast for a long moment. Anton had turned to check on the pink haired girl, completely disregarding the beast itself. Was it… was it really dying? Just like that? Or was this…?

A trick.

Draikyn’s widened frightfully when he saw what was happening. The manticore had struggled back to its feet in spite of its obvious pain, and then, with a harsh, straightforward lunge, it had moved forward, poised to lunge directly at their backs. It was dying, or something of the sort, and it was going to take them with it. “Watch out!” he cried, darting forward with his arrows in hand. It wasn’t even a conscious effort. His body just reacted. He had to get out there and do something or those two… well. There was already the smell of blood in the air, sickening him to his stomach. It was only going to get worse if there was more in the air.

He collided with the beast with a loud cry that drove into his bones. He winced in pain, but had successfully knocked it off course. It missed the other three, and was now sporting a lovely arrow that had been driven deep into its maw. Draikyn had slipped past it, hitting the ground hard just there beyond the beast, who had immediately turned to seek out the current, apparently defenseless human lying there before him.

Draikyn turned, backing up without standing, staring at it wide-eyed. “N-nice Manticore…” he whispered, shivering. This was bad. This was VERY bad!

Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life. ~Jean Paul

User Image xxxxxxxxxUser Image xxxxxxxxxUser Image

I can be found: < In the maze > xxxxxxxx I am with: < Anton, Iris & Zoe >
                                <<OOC: Will do Aeslyn after Layla >>

Dapper Streaker

"Into the Darkness they go,
the Wise and the Lovely."

User Image
gaia_nitemareleft Layla Cutler gaia_nitemareright
~Daughter of Hades~

Layla loosened her hand, letting the girl wrench her arm free. The dark-haired female narrowed her eyes at the other as she yelled at her. Oh, hell, no. Layla would not be talked down to by some kid toting around a teddy bear, trying to act all grown up for a minute. (Little did Layla know, the silvery-haired female was actually older than her.)

Layla was about to snap back at her, but was interrupted by the white-haired male from before catching up to them. She watched him warily as he stood there with an odd calm and got out a cigarette, lighting it before taking a drag and blowing the smoke away from them. "Sorry, but working with people who would just drag me down with them, especially some spoiled little brat," She gave a pointed glare at the other girl. "Doesn't really seem like the best option for me."

She glanced up, distracted slightly as a shimmering spirit that only her eyes could see floated by a couple feet above them, wailing softly with a pitying look on her face, before disappearing into one of the man-eating hedges.

Well, if need be, Layla could always ditch them.

Son of Erebus, huh? The God of Darkness. Interesting. "Layla. Hades is my father." The last part of her introduction hinted at her hatred for her sire. "I'll team up, but you," She reached out and pointed the tip of her sword towards James' face. "Are not my "leader". Got it?" She turned and began walking slowly, continuing to follow the directions they had been given. "As long as we proceed cautiously and not run ahead like a bunch of maniacs, we should be fine. Just be ready for what's probably ahead." She said, looking over at seemingly nothing as another - rather bloody-looking - spirit floated by, eyes full of fear as he shook his silently, and tried to warn Layla with gestures not to go that way. He probably would have just told her what was there, had half his throat not been torn to ribbons, even in death.

Fanatical Bibliophile

Ѧҽʂʆɣη Ȓɑҽ Ҭɑɣʆσɼ
☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☽ Daughter of Hypnos ☾.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆

User Image
                                      Working together would be better than working alone? HA! In present company, she thought not. Each of Princess Layla’s cutting comments were irritating the tiny woman more and more. Spoiled little brat? How dare she! And running about like maniacs? This girl was intent on getting on her bad side, one way or another. Or so it seemed. Then throw in the boy who was apparently going to be bossy, and smoke like a chimney… She’d be better off dancing with the little gnome things that were intent on stealing Mr Turnaprass from her.

She turned her teddy bear around in her arms, adjusting his bow with her expert fingertips as she studied him. He understood what she was going for in this place, why she had chosen to follow the directions of the creatures back there. The directions were the best she had to go on, after all.

Still. It wouldn’t do to be alone in this maze with things that could hurt her. These two annoying, arrogant, loudies had a point with that. She was unarmed beyond Mr Turnaprass, and even if the path did prove safe, who knows what was waiting outside of this place. The gnomes had just promised safe directions through the maze, not outside. She’d never get back to her nap in a reasonable sort of time if she was skewered with something. “Maybe it’s not the best options, but like I said, what other choice do we have? Following some sort of directions are better than running around blindly. Even you should understand that.” She said, giving James a pointed glare.

Introductions. And they were introducing themselves with the names of their godly parents. Brilliant. Layla, the daughter of Hades. Fitting, consider her ill manners and dark features. And James, son of Erebos. That deity she was less familiar with, but she was almost certain he had something to do with darkness. Or maybe it was light. She didn’t know. Not like she studied all this before. “I’m Aeslyn, the daughter of Arlene Taylor” she said coolly. She had no idea who her godly parent was, and wasn’t about to start making guesses. Twenty years and dear old daddy couldn’t pop in to say hi. Well, fine. She didn’t need or want him either. “This is Mr Turnaprass. He’s very smart, and my best friend. He comes, too, if we are going to work together to escape.” Her tone suggested she would take no argument in the matter. He was coming, period.

Now, oh wise one, where do we go from here?” Oh! And better clear something up. “And I hope you don’t mind, because I’m going to do it anyways, but I’m going to sing as we walk, okay?

☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☾.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆
Life is something to do when you can't get to sleep.

I can be found: ≼ In the Maze ≽ xxxxxx I am with: ≼ Layla and James. ≽
I am singing: ≼ Nothing ≽
≼≼OOC: She's only acting like this because she's scared. She's usually not this harsh or demeaning when talking to people. She'll warm up when she realizes she can trust them, at least a little. ≽≽

Beloved Friend

Ω xxx James Nyx xxx Ω

User Image
James scratched the back of his head as he listened to both girls talk. Clearly each had their own opinions and from what he could didn't particularly care for each other either. Hell for all he knew they weren't to keen on him but he really didn't mind that. When layla held her sword towards his face he simply took a drag of his cigarette and raised his hands. 'Fine by me never really asked to be leader anyone. Wow she is bossy. He thought smirking to himself. It was nice to have a girl give him a hard time rather than just falling all over him. Of course he knew it was only because of his band. He found layla refreshing and almost a bit intriguing.

He couldn't help but deliver a bit of a mocking smile when Aeslyn said Mr. Turnaprass was coming with them no questions asked. He found it amuzing that she had given him such a proper name and dressed him with a bow. Shaking his head he briefly looked at layla and rolled his eyes. "Whatever, but you are right some directions are better than none. As layla said with a bit of caution we should make it out of here." This could get interesting...If we stick together that is. He thought still not sure how well this makeshift team would work together, or if one of them would ditch the others. With the thought in the back of his mind he followed layla and aeslyn. For once he enjoyed being at the back of the pack.

Ω xxx Embrace the darkness, It consumes us, Embrace the darkness, You shall never be alone xxx Ω

Nimble Faun

14,825 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
User Image

Iris ignored the pink haired girl as she always did with annoying things. Honestly - didn't people SEE her expression? All the "I don't give a craps" in the world aimed at this girl would probably not make her shut up. She was one of 'those' obnoxious loud people it seemed.

She crouched, her eyes on the manticore, and when it shot spikes out at them, she tucked close to the ground and rolled once to the left by passing the spikes. But Pinky had other ideas. She stepped forward and like it was a baseball bat used the glass bottle to deflect a spike. At least she was useful for something - the spike some how defying logic whistled back and stuck the creature in the eye.

But she saw the girl go down and her golden eyes turned and observed the spike in her shoulder. Iris felt a little flutter of fear and like a cat she pounced upon the girl and ripped the spike out silently as the manticore shared words with Anton.

"Oh no. Crap.. No no. Pinky that was such a silly thing to do." Iris groaned worriedly, but her eyes shifted up as Anton came towards them, her eyes staring at him - trying to tell him that this was a worse situation then they expected. But of course...the sweet boy had not harmed the manticore. Her small slender hand gripped the spike that she'd taken out of the girl hard as Draikyn launched himself at the Manticore.

"Anton! Watch girl, helping him!" She told him in a soft voice as she stood up and ran as the manticore screamed in pain, not bothering to use whole sentences. Not enough time. The manticore had recovered - and there was an arrow sticking out of its mouth but that was not enough to take such a beast down. Damn it Anton, the gesture of mercy was sweet but a huge mistake! Why carry the sword if you do not have enough drive to kill it? This is war. It was them or the beasts in this labyrinth. She jumped in front of Draikyn and twirled, bearing the spike as if she would a large knife

"Unfortunately for you, I am not as sweet as the Son of Chronos. And though I love animals, I don't particularly care for ones trying to hurt my friends." Iris' eyes flashed angrily as she darted towards the Manticore, her body strong, sleek as she sprinted forward and as she neared the beast she went to her knees, using the momentum to slide under it, and used the spike in her hand as a weapon - aiming it towards its chest, driving it into its body - hearing the sound of the tail crash into the ground in front of it. If she'd been a few seconds slower she'd have been impaled herself.

iAnzu

Marion-san

Naomi sakeja

Timid Explorer

User Image
Zoe Haines

Zoe's eyes slanted as the manticore started talking. Obviously she already distrusted the thing, but she distrusted anything on two or more legs that had an ounce of intelligence in it. The young demigod thought she was dealing with a dumb beast, not an intelligent, trained killer. She whipped her head to look at Anton, considering that was who it was addressing, and raised an eyebrow. Time Lord? That was somethin' to store in the memory banks.

She heard the beast command them to kill him, and Zoe was certainly of a mind to do so. She'd heard similar things from druggies, and they were much more pitiful and worth of sympathy than this thing. At least they didn't know they were hurting anybody. She might have just finished the job herself had it not been for her injury. While it wasn't horribly severe, it greatly limited her ability to protect herself should this just be a ploy for her to get closer to the beast.

A voice sounded in her head and she started, looking this way and that. Then, Zoe made the connection between the voice and Anton's change in stance, obviously addressing her, and got the message. It was strange, but not quite unbelievable that he could speak to her that way. However, it was downright unsettling. She hoped he couldn't read her thoughts. There were dark things in there she didn't want no one to know. "Uh...yeah. Yeah, I'm fine. I've had worse." Which was very true. Gooood times were had when she had worse than this.

Next Draikyn had his turn at the manticore, and Zoe cracked an ironic smile. She still thought the boy pretty spineless, but he had enough moxie to actually hit the thing and hurt it. That was something. Maybe she'd apologize later. Maybe. Depended on how far her pride was hit by this whole fiasco.

Then Iris appeared at her side and pulled the spike out of her shoulder. She hadn't noticed her presence until she felt the spike ripped out of her shoulder, and she yelped in pain. Before she could throw a few curses the girl's way, she was gone again.

Zoe suddenly became conscious of the slight burning sensation that had been there since she'd obtained the wound, and her vision went a little fuzzy. "That's...not good." She staggered to the side a little, an oddly happy expression on her face. "This feels like...goooood shitsss..." She felt her extremities starting to tingle in a dangerous way. But she couldn't quite bring herself to care at the moment.

In the beginnings of her strange state, the young demigod was still conscious of what was happening in her surroundings, and she gave a thumbs-up and lopsided smile to Iris. "Gooood job blurry girl! You got dis!"

Feeling: Starting to feel...kinda gooooood....
OOC: Sorry for the late post! ^.^;

bamieb's Wife

Alien Unicorn

XXxx
User ImageUser Image
XXXX
User Image
☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪

Anton realized his mistake almost immediately. His kindness proved to work against him as The manticore apparent game shifted suddenly. It wasn't dying, and he had failed to kill it. Suppose he would have to deal with the consequences of that later. He was the only one with a real weapon, and he had been too nice to use it. He sighed, this wasn't however a good time to bash himself. The Manticore had reared, and was about to attack, when Draikyn defended the group. Anton’s eyes grew wide, surprised by the boys sudden courage. He would have to thank The raven haired male later. However when the Manticore turned to attack him, Anton felt himself moving to help the boy in return. Iris was faster, ordering him to help the pink haired woman. Anton felt himself blink. He wanted to help. Everything was moving so fast though. Iris moved with expertise, The Manticore growling in pain and anger as she stabbed it in the chest.

Anton touched The pink haired girls shoulder lightly, urging her to sit, with her sudden dizziness. “Hang in there okay?” He said softly, and gave her a concerned look, before making up his mind. It only took a second, and that second was the look the Dying Manticore had given Iris. It was not going down without one last fight. It was slowed, but Anton saw it happen before it did. It was going to swipe and try to take off the brunettes head. He wasn't sure if it was a vision or what.... He had been kind once, but he wouldn't make the same mistake again. Dammit Anton, you always wanted to fight monsters, so do it! He thought to himself, turning swiftly, and running at the Manticore whom was focused on Iris. Its tail swiped at him, and he barely dodged it, hoping that his next move would work as smoothly as it did in his head.

The tail came round and he grabbed on to it, flinging himself onto the beasts back. It was enough to get its attention off of Iris. The only problem was now, the Manticore was solely focused on him. It however drowsy from its own poisons, made the mistake of shooting darts at itself. Anton Winced as a dart got him in the forearm. The Manticore made a horrible noise that Anton quickly realized was his laugh. No time to loose.. it was now or never. The sword came smoothly from its sheath, and with all the strength he had at the moment, he focused it into shoving the blade right through the beast head. The Manticore went silent immediately, staggering. Anton quickly realized that he had to get off the beast. Or it was going to roll over on top of him, and he would die anyway. His vision blurred slightly, and he yanked the spike out of his arm, blood running freely down it, as he dive rolled.

The Manticore dropped, with a sickening thud, its head inches away from where Iris was, its cold angry eyes staring at her lifelessly. Anton winced, glad his long sleeve shirt was red, it hid his wound. He shook his head and stumbled over to the beast, drawing his blade from its skull. He swallowed roughly, at the sight of the metal coated in thick blood. He was fine with his own and other humans.. god. Did he actually feel bad for it? The beast had tried to kill ..his frie-… the others. He shook his head, wiping the blood off on the Manticore wild mane, before blinking and then falling back on his butt, staring at the dead beats before him. The dart’s poison quickly taking effect from all his movement. It didn't hurt.. the wound ached.. but.. the actual poison didn't hurt. Well that was good. He winced slightly, and shook off the dizziness, fighting the effects. He had no time for this. He stood. And put his hand to his head. No, he had to overcome this…

Marion-san

DJ Hope 1990

Naomi Sakeja

ooc: sorry for the super delayed post guys >.< been so busy, hope its okay?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff