Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Allegiant

9,650 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

XXXX ℳy Location: Chicago weapon store
XXXXXXX ℳy Actions: Conversing
XXXXXXXXXX ℳy Mood: On my guard
XXXXXXXXXXXXX ℳy Company: Iris, Draikyn, and Isai
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX OOC: I could've sworn I replied earlier! Sorry for my late reply!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

As Asher looked through the shelves, he found a discarded magazine from a shelf near the counter. Perhaps it was read by the cashier in between customers to pass the time. He took a closer look at it and found himself posed shirtless on the cover. He rolled his eyes as he saw the caption.

"Asher Weston's Latest Scandal! Will the famous actor ever settle down?"

'I'm twenty years old, do you really expect me to settle down already?' he thought to himself, remembering why he didn't read tabloids. For one, the scandal in question was far from anything concrete. So what if he decided to go out on a simple, borderline platonic night-on-the-city with a model a week after he and his costar split? He rolled his eyes and started thinking how the two girls were doing amidst all the chaos that had enveloped over the world.

Iris's soft voice spoke behind him and his focus shifted away from the magazine, which he placed back on a shelf near him. Before he could say anything, her hands had traveled to his waist and started adjusting the sheath attached. "I suppose you can't learn everything about proper sheath adjustment from a movie that, how do you say, 'was so incredibly inaccurate'?" he said with a laugh, emulating her exact words about his movie."Thank you. So, tell me, what does the wise and beautiful daughter of Athena think about our predicament? Any guesses?" Ever the actor, he put on a sly smile on his face to hide his emotions. In all truthfulness, his thoughts were not all the way in Chicago. The magazine had reminded him of his friends back in LA and left him with the picture of them scattered as lifeless bodies, much like the ones Asher was surrounded by in the store.

DJ Hope 1990
User Image
Leon Glacias

With: Sparky, Miss Doom and Gloom
Health:90% Excited
Where: Riverside
((OOC: Ugh, had to get something out.)

Leon took the flower, still slightly enthralled by it's beauty. He spun it a bit in his hands. "It's still pretty." He said before turning to the fire. Hearing the voice as well he froze. Placing the flower in his pocket he crouched down a bit, hiding more.

He lowered his trident, trying to keep it out of sight as he stared at Valdis. "I heard it too." He confirmed, nervous. He wasn't exactly eager to get into another fight but he'd do what he had to do.

"I'll follow your lead." He said to valdis, waiting for her to make the first move. She was far more put together than he was at fighting and dealing with things he he was just ready to back her up, whatever situation arose.
...you can't beat the ocean.

Wealthy Recalibrator

Jerian James
Son of Zeus
Company: Leon, Ambrose and Valdis

User Image

Jerian looked up as he heard the voice in the distance talking to him, his eyes still scanning ahead to try and determine if this person was another crazy, or if maybe just maybe this person was someone that wasn't going to kill him.

As Jerian tries to assess the situation, he notices Valdis and Leon looking at him, neither of them appearing to really want to back him up. He inwardly sighs as he starts to concentrate on his right hand, summoning a small ball of lightning to his hand before he stands up to address the approaching person.

"What do you mean you deal with people who are already dead?" He calls out as he steps out from behind barrel he was using for cover. "What are you, some kind of crazy?" His voice shakes out, his fear attempting to overwhelm him, but his desire to prove himself in front of Valdis and Leon motivating him further.

((*gurgles*))

Feral Rogue

Aмвяøše Gяıмм
Daughter of Ερεβος

Company: N/A

She sighed. She would've rolled her eyes, but she didn't even know that was a thing people did. She faced him, but non-visual perception meant that her eyes were focused on absolutely nothing.
Christ, what was this kid's damage? She was standing around, relaxed, and smoking a gods damned cigarette. And yet, he feels the need to have- was that lighting?- on hand. Literally.
"Oh yeah, I'm totally insane. That's why I'm standing around and having a smoke while some kid is trying- and failing, by the way- to be threatening."
Yeah, she was pretty done with the world and everyone in it.She wasn't even getting paid for this, and with all the trouble it was getting to being, she figured she ought to be.
She took another drag, maybe then she'd be more willing to deal with this kid without yelling at him.
"Also, I should think the fact that I worked with corpses makes it very clear as to why. Especially considering the outfit. Seriously, are you blind?"
Nope, she still wasn't dealing with this all that smoothly. And she worked with dead people and their grieving relatives for a living!
She sighed, dropped the cigarette and crushing it under her heel. She rubbed the bridge of her nose before 'looking' up again.
"Sorry for snappin'. This whole ordeal is really grating on my nerves. And I'm an undertaker! Or I was. We tend to be pretty well equipped in the nerves department. Given that you haven't jumped me and stuffed that lightning down my throat yet, I'll assume you aren't a psycho. So, hi."

Nimble Faun

14,825 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
User ImageUser Image
"These cuts are so much deeper than they seem.
Think again if I'll let you see what's inside.
Let me be - I didn't ask for gentle arms to comfort me.
I am strong because I am angry."

⋞ ┃ at me Just once so can ...┃⋟

Daughter of Olympian Goddess Athena

Despite the situation Iris let out a little laugh when he jested about not being able to learn everything about properly securing ones sheath from the 'terribly inaccurate movie.' She looked up at him, a little sheepish, embarrassment crossing her delicate features, her golden eyes flicking downwards shyly. "If it makes you feel better over my tactless statement, you did a good job acting your role." She offered, grinning back up at him, shrugging, leaning against the counter.
The woman did not notice the magazine that Asher had been messing with, instead her golden eyes flicked to Isai and Draikyn as they figured out what weapons they liked, but her slight smile faded away when she caught sight of a hand of an extended arm of one of the corpses poking out from behind the shelf.
"Thank you. So, tell me, what does the wise and beautiful daughter of Athena think about our predicament? Any guesses? Her eyes flicked to Draikyn and Isai again. She didn't want them to hear. Isai, had been proven to be mentally unstable, and Draikyn... he was so fragile. She turned to Asher, a serious face across her delicate features.
She didn't want them to hear, so she took a step closer to Asher, subtly pressing herself close to his side, turning so that she was facing him, so that she could talk quietly but he would hear her clearly. "Something isn't adding up. I dont't think its a Big name God doing this... their arrogant and boisterous. Surely whoever it is does not have very much known about them... If they are anything like the myths suggest...they would be bragging about this. Exuberantly. Whoever it is... their used to being quiet. But. I can't put my finger on it. I'm missing something about all of this... "She said sighing, shaking her head. "It's driving me crazy." she said sighing... "I do know though...whoever has done this..to all these innocent people It's unforgivable. And as long as I have the ability, I will fight to bring this b*****d down." Her voice suddenly filled with conviction.
Iris did not like people... but she had a strong sense of justice. it wasn't surprising...considering her lineage. Her expression was dark as she continued. "Then I will find Mount Olympus, go up there and shove my spear up all of those arrogant asses for putting us in a maze to watch us all one by one be picked off and eaten by all of those horrible monsters..." She hissed, her fists clenching tightly into fists.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▀

⋞ ┃Ifit makes my heart or Z in place...┃⋟

"Did you think you could break me?
I've kept more persistent fools than you at bay.
The more you try to heal my wounds...
The more I will hate you.. "

Marion-san

PebbleDrop856

Sutikku Hito

Wealthy Recalibrator

Jerian James
Son of Zeus
Company: Leon, Ambrose and Valdis

User Image

"Uhm...hello?" Jerian replies, the lightning in his hand sputtering out. The boy was out of breath, his stamina nearly depleted, even with the help of the electricity in the sporting goods store he was barely kicking. "What's an undertaker?" He asks curiously, noting how the woman spoke sanely.

"Also, sorry for the lightning. I just learned I could do that a few days ago." He murmurs, his guard relaxing and his eyes drooping.

((*gurgles*))

Devoted Allegiant

9,650 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX OOC:

"I suppose you're forgiven then," he said. with a smile and a chuckle. "And I promise, if we ever get out of this mess alive, I'll let you have a word with the director. Perhaps even convince him to do a remake." If he's even alive, Asher thought sadly but did not let on. The scandalous celebrity he was, victim to the scrutinization of media, he had learned how to not let many people in on his emotions, so much that it had become second nature to him.

Her explanation on her thoughts on the predicament of the demigods, and mainly her sudden closeness, snapped him out of his LA memories and friends and back to the weapons shop. "Don't beat yourself up too much over it. Wisdom's not about knowing everything. We'll figure out who's behind this eventually," he said and then added,"And we will slay them. To every last bit. I'd follow you into any battle, especially against this monster, even if I am only the son of 'beauty'." With her conviction, his began to grow as well. The picture of his friends' dead bodies started becoming a driving force for him as opposed to an idea of hopelessness. If that was truly the case, he'd avenge them. And the innocent bodies that surrounded the store. And every other innocent soul that breathed their last breath because of the chaos that ensued.

DJ Hope 1990

Nimble Faun

14,825 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
User ImageUser Image
"These cuts are so much deeper than they seem.
Think again if I'll let you see what's inside.
Let me be - I didn't ask for gentle arms to comfort me.
I am strong because I am angry."

⋞ ┃ at me Just once so can ...┃⋟

Daughter of Olympian Goddess Athena

Iris had rolled her eyes a little bit at his comment about having a word with the director. He was being... optimistic. Good. Someone had to be. She stayed close to him as they spoke, her golden eyes turning to him as he said that he would follow her into any battle, and she sighed, looking at him seriously for a moment.

...Espcially against this monster, even if I am only the son of 'beauty." She let out a little laugh, and looked up at him, her eyes suddenly growing more enthusiastic. "You really don't know much about your Greek Mythology, do you?" She said. "I find it shocking, how few people know much about anything in regards to Greek Mythology, when we were in the maze. You're not any such nonsense as just the son of beauty.'" She said, emphasizing his words, wrinkling her nose up at him. "Aphrodite is cunning, manipulative, and coy. She's not the Goddess of Wisdom, and the legends of her may portray her as childish. But she is the Goddess of Love, Lust and Mind Games. You remember that. Whenever you figure out what your active powers are, you're not going to be a walk in the park to deal with, I'd put money on that if it had value at the moment." She told him sternly. "You follow me...and I will do my best to protect you."

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▀

⋞ ┃Ifit makes my heart or Z in place...┃⋟

"Did you think you could break me?
I've kept more persistent fools than you at bay.
The more you try to heal my wounds...
The more I will hate you.. "

Marion-san

PebbleDrop856

Sutikku Hito
JACOB HOZEN ~ OFFSPRING OF ARESUser Image

Where: leaving the shelter With: Aeslyn Thoughts: ...down to work. survival and scavenging...

So the four met up again and set off. Soon a building was chosen and they found a nice apartment that looked abandoned. Hozen moved through the door first and quickly moved through the apartment. Checking all rooms, closets and corners to be sure they were alone. Then scratching across the floor could be heard as he came from the bedroom pushing a dresser along. Leaving it right next to door, he checked the that the locks functioned.

Without pausing a moment, Hozen was in the kitchen. Taking the bag from over his shoulder, he removed the plastic bag of his electronics, and placed it on the counter. Then he went from cabinet to cabinet, pulled out all the drawers and checked the pantry. There was nothing more the a few cans of food and some dry goods, but it was honestly more then he expected. The last thing he needed to check, was the sink. The water ran, but it wasn't heating up. So stepping out of the kitchen he leaned back against the wall next to the door. That was when Aeslyn came up to him.

Hozen let out a sigh after her question. Boss man. The last position he really wanted to be stuck in. thinking back at the maze at how easily he left the first few guys that followed him to their deaths. Was no skin off his back, but here is he is now with three people with varying usefulness. Not knowing if Layla was actually going to ever awaken again, part of him wanted to just not worry about her. Say he was gonna go out an scout real quick and just go. But something must have happened back in that god damned maze. almost like he was starting to care or something.

Shaking his head, he snapped out of his thoughts and looked down at her. "Shelter, water, food, tools and protection. We got the first. Water seems to be running for now. Probably wont last more then a day or two. So we should find a place to get food that wont spoil anytime soon and package water. Hopefully we can pick up some basic tools somewhere and we should be good on weapons. Well except for you but we can deal with that as it comes. The thought of her with a weapon kind of scared him a little. The other two had their swords and seemed competent with them. He never used anything like the axe, but for whatever reason he felt he would be good. But Aeslyn... he didn't want to give her anything more then a knife maybe. There was a good chance with anything else she would hurt herself or someone else.

Then unlocking the door, he opened slowly and looked both direction. Then looking back to Anton, he spoke. " lock and block the door while we're gone. Also if you can fill whatever pots are in the kitchen with water just in case. Then giving him a nod, he stepped outside and stood alertly in the hallway. He took a few steps back toward the staircase, then stopped and turned back toward Aeslyn as she exited the room.

"If you want, you can hang back and get some rest. I can go around and check the other rooms to see if there anything worth taking." Doing that probably wouldn't be much payoff and would maybe be risky. Meeting other squaters who wouldn't want to part with there things would be dangerous. Though, it was something Hozen would prefer to do himself, so no one else would have to see what he would have to do. "But if you have your heart set on coming, I say we go see if we can find a convenience store. Small place, maybe not ransacked yet with a nice variety of things." Whatever her choice, Hozen was ready to go and get started.

Marion-san

Devoted Allegiant

9,650 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX OOC:

Asher looked to Iris, fascinated by her knowledge of his mother, providing a different perspective of the goddess. The movie had portrayed her as a careless and vain goddess who only had to snap her fingers, make Helen fall in love with Paris without any care that the woman was already married, and thus igniting the biggest war in Greek mythology. Or rather, history, considering the newly revealed truth to the myths of the Greek. Perhaps the actor should stop basing his knowledge from that movie.

"Thank you. I will definitely keep what you said about my powers in mind whenever we face this demon," he said seriously. The idea of powers, associated with mind games and manipulation, brought up an interesting topic in Asher's mind. He recollected his memories of the maze. The harpies. At the time, he was defenseless and confused, much more than the other demigods. So, of course, all Asher could do was avoid their attacks and telling them to leave. He remembered how they would pause at his every command and take a few seconds before they attacked him and the people near him once more. And then Iris. When she had her chaotic breakdown from Isai. He remembered something coming over him, a wave of calmness, and he told her that there was nothing to fear. If it truly had been his words that snapped her from the chaos was a mystery. It could have been that the effects had worn off. Plus, in both situations, emotions of desperation and weakness were washing over him, clouding his better judgement. Could those emotions simply twist the way he remembered such things? But then again, Asher himself was a child of emotion. Shouldn't emotions empower him?

Asher brushed off this brainstorm about his powers. Perhaps at a later time, he could test it. But definitely not now. He definitely couldn't go to any of his companions and see if they listen to his commands. Plus, they had work to do. The bodies that surrounded him were still driving his determination to avenge them. He turned to the male companions and said,"You two almost ready? It's sad to say, but I don't think there's anything more we can get from the shop. We should move out soon, find and regroup with the others. Wherever they are."

DJ Hope 1990
Marion-san
Sutikku Hito

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image
User Image

User Image
BUT YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHEN I LOOK INTO YOUR EYES; YOU PULL ME IN TOO DEEP

He had to admit that he didn’t like this whole situation. He didn’t feel safe at all, but with all that had happened recently, he couldn’t do much else. What were they supposed to do? Besides just sitting around, feeling hopeless and frightened, which actually sounded a bit appealing to the musical teenager in that moment. He could hear the other two talking, discussing their situation, but paid little attention to them as he shifted through the wreckage, desperately trying to ignore the bloody bodies that lay torn on the floor around them. Isai seemed to be doing the same, looking for weapons that he could use, though he searched with reckless abandon, not bothered by the bodies at all. Draikyn, of course, struggled with it.

It didn’t help that he had seen Iris practically throw herself at Asher, pressing up against him while they talked.

He had quickly turned away, rising and moving to another pile of broken wood, wondering why that bothered him so much. Logically, he knew he shouldn’t dwell on it, and Asher’s question reminded him of that. Were they ready? He sighed and stood, brushing his now dirty hands on his thin jeans as he straightened, looking put out. “There’s weapons here… but so much of its broken.” Sure there were swords and knives and the like, but he didn’t think he could use them. To be that close to blood as it spurted out of a body, if it came to that? No way. Give him his arrows. At least then there was a bit of a distance. “I found a few arrows intact, but no bow.” This was going to be hard, if this was how things were going to be.

Meeting up with the others? While it would be nice to run into Anton again, pick up his violin to try to help him calm down a bit, he wasn’t so sure that larger group would be conducive to whatever they were supposed to do. “Shouldn’t we try to find out what the gods want us to do exactly? I mean… the faster we solve this thing, the faster we can go home, right? Things can get back to normal. Or as normal as they can be at least

TAKE ME IN; TAKE ME OUT - TILL I'M NOTHING MORE THAN WORDS SPOKEN FROM YOUR SWEET, SWEET MOUTH...

User Image

DJ Hope 1990

PebbleDrop856

Sutikku Hito

Fanatical Bibliophile

Ѧҽʂʆɣη Ȓɑҽ Ҭɑɣʆσɼ
☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☽ Daughter of Hypnos ☾.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆

User Image
                                      His steps made it sound like they were about to face the end of the world with nothing more than what they carried and what their wits were able to bring to them. Which, she supposed, in a way they actually were, but that notion was hardly comforting. A battle of survival. But let’s not forget what that voice had told them either. They were to solve the problem and save the world before it could end. But the question was, should they actually save it? Waking up to that kind of chaos in the streets was hard on her, and made wonder just what they were fighting for. If people were that greedy, that noisy, did they deserve a chance at retribution? To continue on in the same manner of lives? Or was the other voice right? Did the world need a reset?

She didn’t know, but she was honestly more leaning towards the second just to get some peace and quiet around here.

She let out a little laugh, the falsetto ringing through her voice, when he mentioned that she was the only in their group without a weapon. He was right of course, and she would probably need one eventually, if this was the new world order, but she wasn’t so sure she could handle one. “I’m more apt to fall asleep with it in my hand and wake up with a nice cut down my face” she admitted, shaking her head. She knew nothing of weapons, beyond the pointy end of a knife or sword going into the other guy, and the empty circle of a gun facing away from one’s self before pulling on the trigger. Beyond that she was clueless. “You’ll have to show me so I don’t hurt one of you. I’d rather hurt the bad guys, you know?

She frowned when he told her to stay behind with the others, firmly crossing her arms beneath her chest as she glared up at him as though challenging him, daring him to try and make her stay. Yes, she was a tiny little thing, and looked much like a child, but she had the spirit and mentality of a vivacious young woman her age. She was coming whether he like it or not. “The convenience store it is then” she said firmly, stepping around him to start her way down the stairs for herself. “You’re not going to get rid of me that easily, Hozen. Not since you are the only one who probably could teach me how to defend myself. Think we might find something you could teach me how to use?

Who knew. Maybe her… father had secret weapon abilities that she had no idea of. Hypnos… the god of sleep. Surely that wasn’t ALL he did.
                                      ☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☾.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆
                                      Life is something to do when you can't get to sleep.

I can be found: ≼ Ready to leave our commandeered command center ≽ xxxxxx I am with: ≼ Hozen ≽
                                      I am singing: ≼ Nothing ≽
                                      ≼≼OOC: ≽≽

OffTooTheLeft

Ring-tailed Raider

24,325 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
User Image

`~;Selene Laertes;~'

On the opposite side of the river, something was stalking them. The briefest hint of a soft glow bobbed curiously around crashed cars and signs as it kept pace with the group. As the stretches of bare ground grew more frequent, it's form started to emerge further. A dog.. Or something that once was a dog. The absence of a head on the pale creature suggested whatever it was, it had long since left the world of the living. Soon, it was joined by others, each with their own wounds. They watched the group with an intensity that went beyond those of animals.

Their mistress, a tall woman dressed in the ragged clothes of a survivor, made her appearance on one of the many bridges that connected the banks. She looked over the muddy water and approaching people with a thoughtful stare, looking very much like a simple tourist with time on her hands. The smallest of her pack danced playfully between the blood streaked boots that were strapped to her feet and barked soundlessly at the demi-gods. "Well, well, well... It's about time I found you lot... A girl gets lonely, you know?"

Where: A bridge along the river
With: Leon, Valdis, Jerian, and Ambrose
OOC: Lawl, I have no idea what I'm doing. Let me know if I need to change anything.

User Image

User Image
                                              Location: Bank of the Chicago River Company: Leon and Jerian OOC: I'm so sorry this took me so long you guys, i suck. As always, let me know if I need to change anything.

Valdis smirked at the comment, shrugging nonchalantly while butterflies danced in her stomach. Returning to focus to the problem at hand, she spun the scythe into her pale hands, aura bursting into life around her. "Stay behind me, if things get hostile, run." She whispered, stalking towards the entrance with fire in her eyes. Her power was potent, shining through her titian irises and humming through her veins. When she reached the Jerian and the intruder speaking, she froze dead in her tracks, eyes narrowing in accusation at the boy before fixing on the stranger.

"Care to share what's going on here? Who are you?" She spat, malice dripping from her tone. Her stance was predatory, scythe laying against the back of her arm, ready to strike. Her shadows snapped and coiled around her, serpentine heads escaping from the black mass. Prepared for confrontation, Valdis kept her brilliant eyes narrowed into slits and trained on the being, absentmindedly draining another little flower of life in her free hand as yet another person approached. Her senses were in overdrive, and the seductive whisper of her gifts were beginning to rise into her conscious.

User Image

Feral Rogue

Aмвяøše Gяıмм
Daughter of Ερεβος

Company: N/A

Company. Lovely. As if one of these kids wasn't enough.
Ambrose remained relaxed, despite the venom in the girl's voice. She considered pulling out another cigarette, but decided against it. She didn't even bother looking at the girl, or pretending to.
"Well, it seems I chanced upon your friend here while trying to get my bearings and thinking about picking up another pack of cigarettes and some more lighter fluid. And maybe some beef jerky or something, come to think of it."
She stretched, completely at ease. For one thing, the girl was probably much younger than her and her choice of weapon was a scythe. Scythes generally were not very good weapons, with the possible exception of the war scythe- which happened to be more like a spear or glaive. Now, her kind of scythe could be a good weapon, and harder to defend against than- say- a sword.
The shadows on the other hand- extremely obvious to her non-visual perception (presumably due to her being the daughter of the primordial personification of darkness itself)- that could be a problem.
However, Ambrose had no intentions of being violent with these guys. She was outnumbered, the kid in front of her had lightning, girl had a large blade, etc. and she had a knife. She wasn't going to bring the literal knife to the proverbial gun fight.
"As it is, call me Grimm. And-" now she faced the girl, letting her get the full view of her unfocused, useless eyes- "death is my business. Literally."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff