Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fanatical Bibliophile

User Image

They're not ready, my Lord.”

Then we'll have to make them ready."

"You can't mean.... But they're just children!” A pause, distinct and harsh in the current conversation. “Well mostly children. They have no experience!"

"We don't have time to coddle them!” A harsh snap and a deep sigh. It was obvious this was the last thing desired. Unfortunately… “They must be made ready now, or the world will fall."

Yes...yes... of course. Alright” A wave of hands and a message was delivered, summoning the children of the gods, by force, into a place that could easily prove deadly.

All over the world, the scene was repeated: a mysterious fog swept into an area, wrapping itself tightly around a few random young people. When the fog cleared, they were gone. Some were teens, others young adults. Some were sleeping, and others were out and about, going about their days. Each, however, had strange abilities, though some were latent. No one suspected they were products of a godly lineage. Why would they?

When they reappeared, they found themselves in a maze made of stone and hedges that rose high into the sky. Much too high to even dream of seeing over. Corridors stretched into oblivion, with hundreds of turnoffs along the way. The group frantically looked around them, many clearly in a panic. Some tried to push through the hedges in a desperation to get out, but were grabbed by vines and found themselves swallowed down, never to be seen again. That had to be the worst part: A labyrinth of horrifying proportions, with walls too high to deal with and hedges that could eat someone alive.

Those remaining soon realized that there would be no escape. At least, not in that way. Some put it together quickly: they would have to find their way out. Or die trying.

But not all those shrouded in the fog had made it to clearing. Where are the others?

Someone has interfered. We should get them out of there!

It's too late.” Another heavy sigh. This was not going as planned already. “Once a mortal enters the maze they cannot leave it until they reached the end.”

Silence hung heavy for a few moments as that ominous statement was considered. “Well, at least the Minotaur has been chained. Right?”

In the maze, the demigods had started splitting up a little. Some talked in frightened or worried voices to one another, debating what to do. Others desperately searched for answers, hoping they could find a way out that wasn’t immediately seen. But all fell silent when a voice cut through the air:

Welcome, children of the gods! I am Zeus and this is your first test. Each of you have the blood of a god running in your veins. With that blood comes power. And with that, a destiny.” There was a pause and an image shimmered in the center of the clearing, hovering there in midair. Shown were pictures of the chaos that had infected the world, focusing primarily on where it had all begun: Chicago. “It should go without saying that your world is in danger. It is up to you children, our children, to save this world. This maze will help you to learn to work together and understand your abilities. You can—

The voice was cut off as the image in the air shattered, throwing the clearing into semi darkness. A few cries of surprise filled the air before an eerie silence overwhelmed them. What was going on?

A new voice cut in, filled with a cold amusement: “You can save the world?” The resounding, echoing laugh was like ice, cold and biting, mocking their fears and bravado. “Why do that when you could have a chance to rule it? To change it for the better?” Another pause, meant to allow the demigods to think on the words. Were there things they did not agree with? Could they really change it, make it better? Just what was—

I have done some...modifications on the maze to help make it a bit more… interesting. If you can survive it, then you have a choice. Follow the path to be the gods’ lackey and preserve this wretched world. Or take the path to become something much more powerful, something that might even bend the gods to your will. The choice is yours...if you can survive. Good luck.”

The voice vanished, making way for Zeus' to fill the air once more. “It seems that it is true. The maze has been tampered with. Unfortunately, we cannot correct the changes” His voice sounded worried, thoroughly disconcerted, Obviously, this was not going to his plan. And if the gods’ plans were so easily derailed…. “This is no longer just a test. Make it through the Labyrinth. Survive. Work together and you will find the true path to nobility and what it truly means to be a hero. Be safe, children.”

His voice vanished, leaving a hefty silence in its wake. The demigods… the gathered children… they were left alone with no idea of how to use the powers that were being referred to. No true experience in fighting, and no guidance. No knowledge of the horrors that were waiting for them, just around every corner….

Fanatical Bibliophile

Draikyn Elias Daringen
                                ♬ •·.·´¯`·.·• Son of Apollo •·.·´¯`·.·• ♬

User Image
                                Ah, dawn. The sweet point in time in which everything seems alright. The sun has come again, to shine over another day, bathing the world in its light. But there are some dawns that just need to never come, bringing with the chaos that newfound knowledge can bring. It is those dawns that are the most dangerous of all...

Dawn broke slowly over Galena, a sleepy little town in western upstate Illinois. The sunlight danced through the trees, spraying the frozen, dormant plants here and there with a spattering of colors so beautiful that it would take a poet to even begin to describe them. A fresh layer of snow had fallen over night, coating the city with a clean whiteness that only fresh snow could bring. It was truly a sight to behold: a morning so silent, so peaceful, was only marred by a pair of wandering footprints in the fresh layer of snow. At the end of the prints stood a young man, seventeen years of age, not really dressed for the freezing morning.

Twsssssh... thunk! came the sole noise that penetrated the early morning air. The dark-blue haired boy threaded another arrow, and let it fly with a practiced ease that almost looked to simple. Twsssssh... thunk! His icy blue eyes were focused on the task at hand: strike the heart of the tree, hit the knots in the wood. Basically? Turn the tree he was aiming for into a nesting home for his arrows. And he hadn’t missed yet. Twsssssh... thunk!

The boy’s name was Draikyn, a young musician from the town not too far from here. He had developed quite the reputation with his musical prowess, and it showed in the fact that he rarely was able to find a moment alone to really practice his second passion: archery. No, the townspeople would have found it to be odd that he was out here, at the crack of dawn, shooting arrows into a tree. They would have been impressed that he shot with such accuracy ninety percent of the time, and would have insisted that he take it to competition. Lead the Wolves to victory in an archery tournament! No, it was better that they did not find out about it for the time. He had enough on his plate as it was.

Twsssssh... thunk! Arrow after arrow entered the tree, and his sheath was starting to get unbearably low of arrows. But Draikyn cared not. He would retrieve those arrows in a moment, and start shooting the other way, at the target that rested at his back for the moment. Twsssssh... thunk!

So focused, he was, that he did not even notice the older male approaching him in the woods, watching, apparently impressed by what he saw. He stood there for a moment, letting the boy empty his sheath, just watching in silence, but when it was empty, he started clapping his hands, startling Draikyn out of his focused revelry. “Wonderful, child. Absolutely wonderful,” the adult male chided with a smile, putting his hands back into the pockets of his heavy jacket. “Aren’t you cold?”

Draikyn stared for a moment, confused before shrugging it off and crossing his field to the arrows. Yes, he was not exactly dressed for the weather in a pair of khaki slacks and a short sleeved, button down top with his black wristlets to protect his hands from the cold, but he was plenty warm. He was not just out here for fun, but was moving around. His jacket that he had worn down here was hanging over a branch nearby.

The man laughed. “Okay, okay. So you’re not. I just figured, with me as your father, you would not like the cold.”

Draikyn froze in his tracks, hand on one of his arrows in his tree, spinning around to stare, wide-eyed at the man. “What did you just say?” he asked, surprise dripping from his voice. He had never met his father, and had always just assumed that he had died, since he never turned up once, as far as he knew, since Draikyn was born seventeen years ago. It could be true, he supposed, but to just turn up out of the blue and make that assumption? A little odd.

“Yes, yes. I am your father, boy. Like it or not. Nice to meet you.”

Draikyn let out a scathing noise, turning around and setting back to work on his arrows. They had to come out of the tree sometime. “Yeah, right. Who are you?

“Your father. My name is Apollo.”

Mhmm. Well, Apollo, if you really are my father, where exactly have you been all my life?

The older male sighed, shifting uncomfortably. Obviously, he was not expecting Draikyn to be so disbelieving of his claim. He had expected some resistance, yes, but not to this extent. He supposed he could not really blame him, though. There was little in the way of familial resemblences. “You look so much like your mother…” he said, a pang going through him. That much was true. Draikyn had inherited her hair color, the bulk of her bone structures, the shapes of his features… The only thing he hadn’t inherited from her was his eye color and long fingers that made playing his music simple. “I loved her greatly. I was terribly sad when I heard she had died, to the point that I wrote a haiku for her:
                                He longed for her soul,
                                That masked menace called Reaper.
                                Leaving her son alone
                                "
                                He smiled expectantly at the boy, as though his pronouncement of love for his mother had made all the difference in the world, and convince him that what he was saying was nothing more than the truth. “I don’t have much time here, boy. I am your father, like it or not.”

If that’s true, then why have you left me alone all these years?” he asked quietly, keeping his face, his expression to the tree he was busily pulling arrows out of. Was it true then? He still could be lying, be making it up, but why would he? Why would he lie about something like that?

“Because, son, I am a god. I could not be with as often as I would have liked. It is simply not allowed. But know this: You, Draikyn, are a demigod. The son of Apollo. And you have to help save the world. It's coming, child. I am sorry.”

Draikyn’s shoulders had tensed, and he stood frozen at the tree. Just who was this guy? That was taking it a little too far. A demigod? Please. Like their supposed parents even existed. And save the world? What was it in danger from in the first place? He rounded on him, but the man had vanished, and was nowhere in sight. Draikyn's cautious icy blue eyes scanned the trees, hunting for the man who claimed he was the god Apollo. What the hell?

He started looking for the man, baffled as he slung his bow back across his back, right next to the sheave of arrows that waited to be shot. He picked up his beloved instrument, a violin that he always took with him to the graveyard (his next stop), and started wandering, expecting to run into him around the next corner. But he never did. And soon, he couldn't even see two feet in front of him.

A fog closed in around him, making it almost impossible to see.

The next thing he knew, he was someplace without snow. It was considerably warmer, and much less quiet. Stone, hedges, and many people around him....

Just where was he? And how the hell did he get here?

Panic rose in his chest as confused talking began once more around him. He shivered involuntarily, shaking his head profusely as he automatically took a step back. He almost stepped into the hedges, but stopped just shy of it, sinking to his knees when he saw vines wrap around someone else's throat. Oh no... Man eatting hedges at that? Just... what...? He stood there, shaking like a leaf, trying to figure out what to do. He couldn’t stay here. Not today! He had to get back to his uncle. They were going to go and visit his mother, and then continue on to a performance he was giving that night in Chicago. He had to get back, now!

But a voice cut through the air, explaining things. They couldn’t. They had to get through the maze alive to get out. To get back. Damn it… And when a second joined the first... Nothing changed. This was... This was all too much. Man-eatting hedges, monsters, gods, evil... "You've got the wrong guy..." he muttered, hanging his head for a long moment as he struggled to breath. He was a musician. An archer. A teenager! How could all of this apply to him? "I'm just a kid... I can't do anything special... You've got the wrong guy!!" The last sentence turned to a shout in the semi-silence left when Zeus' voice vanished.

He rose on shakey legs, pushing through the crowd, sizing up the maze before him, ignoring the faces around him. They had to get started. After all, “The quicker we get through here, the quicker we can go back to our lives…” he whispered, trying to decide a path. Eenie, meenie, minnie, mo? He swallowed, glancing back over his shoulder briefly at the crowd of flabbergasted people. Several of them looked ready to face this monstrosity of a maze, and others looked as terrified as he felt. But still, from the brief scan of the crowd, he noticed no familiar faces. "Anyone coming?" He shivered and turned back to the maze, the bow clutched in his hand, and choose the third path from the left to enter.

Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life. ~Jean Paul

User Image xxxxxxxxxUser Image xxxxxxxxxUser Image

I can be found: < In the maze > xxxxxxxx I am with: < Demigods I don't recognize >
                                <<OOC: Yes. I'm reusing his post from last time, with a little change. XD >>

Fanatical Bibliophile

Ѧҽʂʆɣη Ȓɑҽ Ҭɑɣʆσɼ
☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☽ Daughter of Hypnos ☾.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆

User Image
                                      The fog had entered a tiny, one bedroom apartment on the outskirts of New York City, and kidnapped a tiny, youthful looking girl who was fast asleep in bed. Sure, it was the middle of the day, but she was still completely out, sleeping peacefully from a long day’s work. Three hours of writing just takes a lot out of a girl these days.

The fog dissipated, leaving the girl half-asleep in the grass in the middle of a rather large, rather noisy crowd of confused and frightened demigods. The noise was all too much, and fully woke the girl, much to her extreme annoyance. A pair of crystalline, jade green eyes opened slowly as she pushed herself to a sit on her knees, surveying their surroundings, completely annoyed with what they were seeing. These humans were pathetic and annoying, with their loud sniveling and whining. Then there were those two voices, who were louder than everything else. Honestly, could people just not keep quiet so she could some sleep? She was exhausted.

She sighed, pushing herself up to her feet and brushing off her long skirt as she swept her favorite teddy bear into her arms and started thinking about what was said. Okay. So they were in a maze. To test their strengths as children of the gods. Silly. Why not just pit them up against monsters and see what happens? It would certainly be quieter around here, then. But children of the gods… the idea was intriguing. It would also likely explain why she had never met her father in her mortal existence, but often dreamed of the man her mother once told her about. She had always attributed the dreams to wishful thinking, unrequited hopes, but maybe they were a sign, telling her she was more than what she realized.

Ha. As if.

Obviously this was some kind of mistake. She was just a sleepy girl from New York City, intent on living her life out in comfort one way or another. How could she possibly be a daughter of a god? Or goddess, if that was how it was (Hey. Stranger things have happened… Like the idea behind immaculate conception)? But mistake or not, she was stuck here until she could get out and move on. One way or another. Hmmph. “Stupid gods” she muttered under her breathe, wandering the edge of their starting point, trying to determine which path would be the best to leave this place. “Messing with my nap….”

She looked around, and sighed heavily, finally coming to a stop in front of a path just a little ways down from a blue haired boy with a bow on his back. Every single one of them looked the same, much to her dismay, so there was no telling where to go. Hmm. “Well, Mr Turnaprass. This path is just as a good as any. You think?” she said, turning her bear around so she could speak directly to him. Mr Turnaprass was dressed in his usual: A red vest, a bowler hat, and a pair of spectacles that almost hid the twinkling of his eye. “I agree though. Maybe we should sing and calm ourselves as we walk” She gave him a tight squeeze, mostly for her own comfort and wellbeing. “You always have the best of ideas.”

She gently turned Mr Turnaprass back around in her arms, so his back was to her ruffled collar as she started walking forward down her chosen path, singing quietly to herself as she went.

☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☾.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆
Life is something to do when you can't get to sleep.

I can be found: ≼ Wandering a quieter (for now) part of the maze. ≽ xxxxxx I am with: ≼ No one at the moment. ≽
I am singing: ≼ Walking in the Air - Celtic Women ≽
≼≼OOC: Don't forget! Those who hear her singing will likely find themselves getting sleepy... ≽≽

bamieb's Wife

Alien Unicorn

XXxx
User ImageUser Image
XXXX
User Image
☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪
I am x the son x of x Chronos
══════════════════════════════════════

“let him sleep, he had such a long day yesterday. Please Chronos?” Privera voiced lightly, touching the cheek of the man that stood before her. “I wish I could, but I do not have much time.” He said looking down upon her, his golden eyes saddening a bit. “You, of all people don’t have much time? You have all the time in the world.” She exclaimed quietly. “ for once.. not even I have the time that I should. I must waken him now.”

The early morning sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a very direct beam upon Anton’s face. Grumbling he turned in his bed, covering his eyes with a pillow, and snuggled deeper with the dark blue sheets of his bed. But before the male could get too comfortable, his alarm began to blare. Was it time for class already? He grumbled silently, removing the pillow to smack at the clock which read seven am. Anton stopped. Why in the world was it going off now? He didn’t have to be up till nine. His green eyes rolled, setting the silenced alarm clock back down. However as soon as his head hit the pillow his alarm began to blare again.

Anton grimaced, damn alarm clock. He sat back up, grabbing the alarm clock, shaking it slightly, before pulling the cord out of the plug. The alarm clock fell silent. Anton yawned, unfortunately for him, the noise had woken him enough that he wouldn’t be able to sleep even f he wanted to. However as the alarm hit his lap, it went off again. Anton looked started at the machine. It was unplugged, how in the world was it going off?! The blue numbers were flashing, 7:15 am. Fifteen minutes had passed already? Anton touched his forehead, before pushing the off button on the alarm clock. He wasn’t sure why he thought that would work, but it didn’t.

He swung is legs off the side of the bed, and stood. As soon as his feet touched the ground the alarm went off. Anton stared at the machine, and sat down. Promptly the machine went off again. What in all of bloody hell? Anton stood back up, preparing to chuck the machine.. again as soon as his feet touched the floor, the machine fell silent. Really? It couldn’t know when he was sitting or standing. Testing it, he sat once more, the alarm blared, he stood it fell silent. His gaze dropped to the side. “alright alright I’m up.” He thought, grumbling again silently, before shrugging on a pair of dark pants by his bed, and a red sweater. He ran his fingers thorough his messy white locks, trying to calm them slightly before exiting his room. Anton looked over his shoulder at the alarm clock, its face black now. He had to be imagining things.

Stepping into the hallway he could smell the spicy tea his mom made every morning. She was up early. However something new invaded his senses. Two voices. Who was here? He padded down the steps, and rounded the corner to the kitchen. He stopped, there was a tall form standing before his mother. She was crying. Alarms went off in his head. Why was she crying. Anton moved forward, his mothers eyes glancing past the male at him. The male turned abruptly around, startling Anton. His mother moved around Anton, trying to hide her tears. He rose his hands, a flurry of movements coming from them. His mother answered back, her own hands moving, her lips parting to speak as well. “It’s okay Anton, This is Chronos.. he.. is your Father.” She said, her hands dropping, giving her son a small smile. Anton raised a brow looking at the male behind her. Anger crossing his features. He brushed past his mother and decked the male behind her. Chronos found himself stumbling backward, a level gaze resting upon His son. Anton was radiating fury. “I deserved that.. I Know.” He said, speaking in Anton’s mind. Anton took a step back. “Get out of my brain.” He said shaking his head. I am sorry, but you must listen. We do not have much time before they take you. You must be prepared.” Anton sneered at him, turning away from him. “Get the hell out of my house, and leave me and my mother alone.” He thought sharply.

Chronos sighed. “You have to understand Anton, you are my son, please just hear me out.” Anton turned to face the male. Privera touched her arms son, her expression worried; she listened to the mental conversation between the two. “Please Anton, just give him a couple minutes” she said, looking up into her sons green eyes. Anton looked down at her in disbelief. “You too, he made you cry!” Anton exclaimed in his mind. Privera shook her head. “The situation is making me cry Anton. Please, he doesn’t have much time. Please just listen. for me.” She begged.

Anton sighed, but allowed the older male to speak. “You are my son, Anton. A striking resemblance if I do say so myself. “ he said, The older male before him did indeed look a lot like the male. The only difference was the age, hair length and the golden eyes. “You have your mothers eyes though.. anyway..I’m here for a reason.” He said holding up his hand as Anton started to interject. “Silence Anton, you need your ears not your mind.” He said, as he pulled out a golden watch and handed it to Anton. Anton turned the watch over in his hands; the soft ticking filled the room. “This is my favorite watch, it’s very useful, keep it on you at all times, and use it as needed.” He said, watching Anton’s gaze find his own. “ I don’t understand… how will a watch be helpful?” He asked, speaking after a moment. Chronos smiled.

“People tend to under estimate watches, they hold time. Time is all around us, ticking quietly in our brains; it surrounds all that we do. Controls the seasons, day and night, controls the past and the future….One might say a watch is the best weapon one could ever hold. For one that holds time.. holds all of creation.” Chronos stood tall, proud as if that explained everything. Anton looked at him as if he were crazy. Chronos smiled. “Unfortunately .. my time is up. Stay aware, stay sharp, use your senses, and remember, You’re my son. A demi-god Anton. Your power.. is vast.” He said, cracking his neck. A golden light starting to surround him. Anton looked up startled. What was he taking about? A demi-god.. what did that have to do with time? Wait he was a demi-god? How.. who.. His mind rumbled with confusion about the inconsistencies. Anton looked up, questions practically spilling from his mind. “keep the watch close to your heart, in time of darkness.. it shall guide you.” Chronos said, before the gold light grew stronger. His gaze turning to Privera. “ My love, be strong, be patient, provide our son with the love he needs, the time before him will be tough… I love you will all my being.” The last words hung in the air, as the male almost evaporated into thin air.

Anton looked at his mom, who was holding up his boots. He looked at her confused. “hurry Anton, you don’t have much time.” She said. He grabbed his boots after slipping the golden watch and chain around his neck., It falling underneath his shirt. He pulled on the boots, and looked up. His mother was holding his sling bag, stuffing apples and other fruits in it. She was crying again. Her gaze trailing to that of the clock upon the kitchen wall. Her movement hurried, turning quickly and slinging it over Anton’s shoulder. Anton looked confused, his hands rising, and moving in the patterns to ask his mother what was going on. However.. he never got an answer.. his vision almost started to cloud. His mother looked terrified. “ I love you Anton!” she called to him.

Anton panicked, what was going on?! His so called father, had told him nothing of any use. His mother, hadn’t told him anything, and know all was black. However the darkness didn’t last long, suddenly he was standing in a crowd of people. All that looked just as confused as he, some looking terrified. Antons gaze drew up and around, his eyes widening at the area around him. Where was he? He swallowed, but his heart and mind were oddly calm. He looked around, watching terrified faces, some people were crying. Then the voice appeared well both voices.

Anton found himself listening quietly, his mind blank, His gaze falling upon a male next to him who was shouting at the thin air. Saying something like they had the wrong guy. Anton felt similar, but managed to stay calm. He looked forward stepping out to the entrances of this “maze.” It was a puzzle. Anton smiled to himself. He was good at puzzles. His hand touched the warm metal of the clock that laid atop his chest. It ticked in time to his own heartbeat. His gaze once more fell upon the dark haired male. Anton stepped forward towards him. “Me.” He said directing his words to the males head. He nodded to the Male, and stepped around him, walking into the maze.

occ: dont worry every one, not every post will be this scary long >w< just had alot to say is all.

Fanatical Bibliophile

Draikyn Elias Daringen

User Image
                                Try as he might, he just could not keep himself looking brave. Not in the face of knowing what was out there, what might come after them. He didn’t sign on for this! Facing monsters, solving mazes…. All he wanted to do that day was follow tradition: a little archery in the morning, a birthday visit to the graveyard to see his mother, and a concert in the evening. That was how his day should have gone.

Ridiculous,” he whispered to himself, looking ahead down the path.

Shaking as he was, he barely noticed when the boy—no, man—approached him. Had he been paying attention, he would have realized that he had been beside him just a few moments before, listening to the announcement from the ‘gods’. It was only when the voice echoed in his mind, and the man stepped around him, that he realized something was going on.

He jumped visibly, blinking as he stared after him, pausing only a moment before running off after the man. What was that? “D-did you…? Was that…?” he began, unable to form the sentence in his mind. It simply sounded too crazy. To speak into someone else’s mind… He must have been hearing things. Or, rather, the stress just made him misplace the location of the noise. Yes. That was it. It had to be, right? He took a deep, steadying breathe, wringing his hands around his bow. “I… I hope you don’t… I hope you don’t mind… my coming with you…. Are you…? I mean. Do you believe all this?

I can be found: < In the maze > xxxxxxxx I am with: < A white haired male I don't know >
                                <<OOC: Shooooort! Sorry. ^.^; Brain death >>

iAnzu

bamieb's Wife

Alien Unicorn

XXxx
User ImageUser Image
XXXX
User Image
☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪

Anton had a brave face on, he was courageous and brave. He was a little shaken up on the inside though. He didn’t know any of these people, all of them that could be enemies. You couldn’t look scared. Look being the key word. How was he the son of a God,The one of time to be exact? He wasn’t honestly sure if he believed it. He rose his hand to his chest, touching the warm slightly thrumming metal of the clock.

You must go forth Anton. A voice said, sounding within his own mind. “you owe me answers” anton said sternly within his own mind. If you get out of this maze, ill answer whatever you want. Anton frowned. “when I get out.” Anton corrected. He wouldn’t allow it any other way. He had to get home back to his mother. Anton could almost feel Chronos smiling. He turned at the sound of the boy talking to him.

He gave him a friendly smile. “sorry.. if I startled you, I am mute.” He said within the dark haired boys mind, while signing it at the same time. He stopped letting the male catch up to him. He shook his head at the boys words. “ no. not at all. I don’t want to go in there alone “ he said with a small silent chuckle.

He considered the boys next words. “well.. I don’t know. I mean I can mind talk. That’s pretty rare I guess. But I dunno, if I believe this.. stuff. I just want to get home.” He said lowly, rubbin the back of his head. “I’m guessing you don’t really believe this stuff?” he asked. He hoped he wasn’t unnearving the male to much by speaking in his mind. He could write it all down but it took ages. He held out his hand. “Anton. What’s your name?” he asked, looking at the boy then back down the dark maze. “We should get started. I don’t think it’s gonna get any less scary." he said, turning slightly, preparing to enter the unknown.

Fanatical Bibliophile

Draikyn Elias Daringen

User Image
                                He swallowed heavily as the voice invaded his mind once again. A shiver traced up his spine, and he gave a fearful yelp in spite of himself, plainly out of shock. This was so… beyond weird. Even if he was mute. Draikyn couldn’t help but watch the man’s hands as his voice echoed through him. He hadn’t been imagining things then. His trusted musician’s ears weren’t deceiving him, and the man really was speaking directly into his mind.

Beyond terrifying.

He shook his head to clear it and attempt to focus on the ‘conversation’ at hand, pushing the frightening thoughts away. Mind talk. Guess that was one thing to call what he was doing. He was grateful to find out that he wasn’t the only one who did not really believe what was so apparently happening, but he couldn’t deny the fear that raced through him. There was so much here that could do wrong. If this wasn’t some crazy nightmare, then their very lives were in danger. “I don’t know what to think…” he admitted quietly, looking pointedly around them. “Standing here… hearing all that before… It’s like… Even if this is all true, I can’t be the one they are looking for… can I? I mean… I’m not special… I don’t have any powers… I’m just a teenage archer and musician… How does that make me a demigod?” They had the wrong guy. He was sure of it. Not that there was any way to prove it.

He had trailed off, and was deep in thought, when the man stuck his hand out to him, giving him his name by way of greeting before suggesting they move along. Anton… Draikyn hesitated only for a moment, hoping that trusting him wasn’t a problem. “Draikyn Daringen…” he said quietly, extending his hand and taking the man’s in his own in a semblance of a firm handshake. “If that wasn’t a dream… then I’m a son of Apollo” he said quietly, shivering. It was a dream. It had to be.

But he did have a point. Best move on so it didn’t turn into a nightmare.

The maze was waiting for them. He turned on his heel, wringing both hands around his bow nervously, taking comfort in the weight of his violin and his quiver of arrows resting across his back. It was alright. They’d get through this. “Do you have any idea what’s waiting for us?” he asked, turning towards a path that led to the right. “I mean… It has to be easy, right? My nightmares aren’t that creative…

I can be found: < In the maze > xxxxxxxx I am with: < Anton >
                                <<OOC: XD He don't believe. Never has. >>

iAnzu

Beloved Friend

Ω xxx James Nyx xxx Ω

User ImageJames sat up in his bed wiping the sleep from his eyes as he was still pretty groggy from the night before. His sanguine hued iris's squinted, attempting to focus on the sun radiating from his window. The voice rang loud in his mind. " Let the darkness guide you. You have already tasted it's power, bask in the glory it shall provide." The man who introduced himself as his father had appeared before him the night before. He could see the mans ruby red glowing eyes under a pitch black fedora as he stepped out of the shadows from seemingly nowhere. For some reason he couldn't shake the uneasy feeling from the night before.

Swinging his legs over the side of his bed he let them glide across the carpet messaging the balls of his feet as he thought. What did he mean; demi-god, power, it was time. Who was it that was coming to get me. James asked himself getting more annoyed and agitated as he thought about it. He needed to blow off steam and weapons training was at the top of the list for the morning. Slipping off the side of his bed he walked over to his closet. Looking around he picked up a white t-shirt, a pair of black levi's, and a all black leather belt. Throwing them over his shoulder he slid a hand through his medium length silver hair as he grabbed a pair of socks and boxers out of his dresser.

Letting out a short yawn he let the conversation play in his head a few more times as he went into the bathroom and started his shower." Geez, this is such nonsense." He said to himself as he let the warm water wash over him as he grabbed the loofa and cleaned himself. Washing his hair he shut off the water, grabbed a towel from off the rack, and dried himself. He felt a little better now that the filth from the night before was now off of him. Yet still, it wasn't enough to fully put his mind at ease. Getting dressed and brushing his teeth he walked out of the bathroom and down the hall.

Slowly opening the door to his mothers room he walked over to her bed and watched as she lay deeply sleeping. The scent of vodka still very much present on her. Sighing to himself he gave her a tiny peck on the cheek before once more exiting the room. As he headed towards the living room he spotted his fender strat. It was a beautiful guitar which he had taken to the blacksmith and had specially modified. The neck and frets of the guitar had been replaced by a rapier and in its face lay two beretta 92fs. It also held a EAG tactical carbine and a few projectile weapons in a hidden inside compartment. It was a beauty. Both a guitar and an weapons case crafted to highest standards imaginable. Picking it up he walked to the front door and grabbed his full length trench coat as he headed out.

Standing on the porch he stood for a moment as he threw on his trench coat and gazed across the snow filled landscape. Waukegan made a great spot for three plus feet of snow and was a paradise for snowboarding and skiing if you found the right spot. Throwing the guitar case over his shoulder he began to walk his boots barely leaving a trail in the snow. He snickered to himself. It was truly as if he walked above the ground and not on it. Just as the thought flashed through his mind it was as if he were caught in a complete white out. In an instant he was no longer in his busy city. Instead, two voices hovered overhead and a crowd which rivaled a downtown concert was set abuzz. Save the world, take it over, survive the maze? As the voices stopped the questions flooded into his mind once more.

So apparently the man hadn't been lying and now he was stuck in some sort of maze. "Great, what the hell did I do to deserve this?" He asked himself as he looked around studying the people as well as his surroundings. It reminded him of playing D and D except this time he was stuck in the game. As everyone else panicked he remained surprisingly calm. Assessing his options he watched as two men ran off in the direction of one of the labyrinths paths. Taking out a coin he flipped it in to the air. "Heads I follow, tails I take a different path." He said out loud to himself. He always seemed to be the leader of a crowd so he wasn't exactly worried about taking his own path. Besides he knew he was prepared enough to face whatever may be around the corner.

The coin hit the floor and the great eagle read across it's face. So it is what it is. He thought as he made a beeline for a path which was right next to the one the other men had just entered. To say he wasn't afraid was a bit of a lie but he had no intentions of letting the place take him either. Reaching in his pocket he grabbed a Marlboro and placed it between his lips. Grabbing a lighter he lit the tobacco and took a few puffs as he heard the screams of a few of the ones foolish enough to become food for the hedges. This indeed could become a hell for all of them.

Ω xxx Embrace the darkness, It consumes us, Embrace the darkness, You shall never be alone xxx Ω

Nimble Faun

14,825 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image
If you can find the time To give your love to me
I will wait for you If that's all you need -If you can find the time
I'll wait for youBut if you can't find the timeThen cut me loose
Cause I don't have the time And I don't have the patience
What do you take me for? Why am I still waiting? Cause while you decide.
I'm stuck here suffocating. Cause if you can't find the time
My bleeding heart won't make it

░░░░░░░Iris Lilian Jace░░░░░░░
░░░░░░Athena's Daughter░░░░░░

On the outskirts of Gavena Iris was curled up on the couch of her home, staring out the window blankly. Her golden eyes were staring out at the cold atmosphere with distaste. She did not want to go outside. Not in this weather. She sighed however and went to her room opened her closet. She was wearing a warm snug turtleneck against her slender body and form fitting jeans. Her curly brown hair framed her pretty face in cascades of silk that fell about her face to her shoulders. She was tired after a restless night filled with strange glimpses of a scene that one would see in a fairy tale story.

A woman, golden dark and terrible... staring into the eyes of someone who she was angry with. Then...she had forgotten it seemed, standing there blankly, no one about her. She had heard nothing... and it was the most vivid of flashes, less than Iris could comprehend. Maybe she should start keeping a dream journal... she thought this vaguely as she rummaged through her closet, grabbing the clothes she would need to go to martial arts class. Her father was making a racket in the kitchen and Iris sighed. Dear heavens, was he trying to cook again? She gripped her white clothing in her arm and inched to her door, peeking out and down the stairs. what was that smell? It was the scent of certain death if she ingested any of it - whatever it was. What did he do, try to toast the bread with peanutbutter on it? A faint waft of smoke appeared up the stairs and Iris shook her head and sighed, fighting to keep the smile off of her face.

"Jeez dad, don't burn the house down. I'm coming!" She called out in her gentle feminine voice, the under current of strength within it. She opened the door all the way, when she paused. What the hell? The smoke was clinging to the stairs - that wasn't normal. She ran down the stairs through the ankle deep fog, an uneasy feeling settling into her heart. She reached the kitchen, and she burst through it. Her father was there in the kitchen and yet... nothing was cooking.

"D-Dad?" She called out. The tall, older man turned glassy eyes to her and he tilted his head.

"Who are you? Wait.... who am I? I... I can't remember." The man said, hugging himself, and trembling. His voice dripped with sadness and Iris' eyes widened. No... the sickness that had been happening... it got to him too?

"D-Dad! It's me! I'm Iris. You're daughter! You... you're Julian -" Suddenly, the fog enveloped her and Iris cut off. She was not the type of scream. With a strange feeling as if she were floating, then falling, she landed on the grass of a maze and she sat up, her curls framing her face, golden eyes wide. What the HELL? DAMN IT! Her father! He was infected! She needed get back. She sat up and turned, her curls whirling about as she began to spring - but the loud booming voice echoed about her and she fell, covering her ears, She turned and watched the progression of events silently her eyes narrowing.

Figures... great. Someone slipped LSD into her stuff at school. Or something. But... she closed her eyes and realized...everything was surreal. Was she becoming infected too? No...the screams of fear of people being eaten by hedges, the booming voices - the abrupt voice of 'Zeus,' as if had explained it all and it were all so obvious. Blood of a god... she was? Wrong. She was just a normal teenager. A pissed off normal teenager. who was slightly less then normal in almost every aspect of her life. Whatever - semantics. Her golden eyes snapped open, and she turned to the the inner workings of a path - she saw a boy heading off on his own, lighting up a cancer stick as he went.

Stupid. Why would he go off on his own? That was just asking... for trouble. She sighed and wrapped her arms around her, looking back and forth. Another white haired boy with vivid green eyes and a blue haired boy caught her golden orbs attention. The white haired boy seemed to be signing and she approached the two cautiously.

Was...that blue haired boy carrying a quiver? And ...WHAT was that signing dude carrying.

Oh dear lord... worst acid trip ever - if she ever found out who did this to her food she was going to KILL them. She shook the denial from her mind. Seriously - Iris. Get a hold of yourself. She approached cautiously, eyeballing the weapons on them and sighed.

"Hey. I'm sorry to intrude - but I'm don't want to go in alone. And you two seem to be the only level headed people around from what I can see. May I... join you?" She spoke as if she had no patience for those who were panicking - didn't they know it would get them no where? She turned her golden orbs to each of them in turn, fighting back the anger that seemed to be wafting from her.

∞Communication Σ Draikyn and Anton Π Feeling Σ Aggressive, frustrated, worried for her father. Π Location Σ The Maze Π∞

Dapper Streaker

"Into the Darkness they go,
the Wise and the Lovely."

User Image
gaia_nitemareleft Layla Cutler gaia_nitemareright
~Daughter of Hades~

Yet another rainy, chilly day in Seattle. Inside a rather shabby-looking apartment complex, there was a small two-bedroom apartment where a woman and her daughter lived. The woman, with brown hair the color of fresh soil, and bright green eyes, the color of spring grass, was rarely to be seen. When she was, she was always mumbling to herself, wide-eyed, practically crazed. Her daughter looked nothing like her, and there were rumors of some sort of kidnapping or foul play. The reason for Christina's madness.

Layla slung her bookbag over one shoulder, and the strap that held her beloved Japanese katana over her other shoulder, and her head, where it rested neatly on her back. Her Sensei had had it fashioned just for her for her birthday last year. The sheath was black as night and shone like polished onyx. The hilt was wrapped with durable dark crimson chord, and the tsuba was an ornately designed silver that twisted around like vines. It was a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, and Layla hoped one day to be able to make a masterpiece just as good.

She slipped on her black combat boots and double-checked to make sure she had everything for her lesson. She had brought her dagger, and the leather hip sheath that she had made recently, wanting to show it to Sensei to see what he thought about it. She looked over her shoulder towards her mother's room. The door was closed, but Layla knew that her mother was curled up in bed, in her depressed state as usual. Layla had made her a can of soup, and the bowl still remained untouched outside of the woman's room. Layla gave a small sigh, not even bothering to call out to tell her mother that she was leaving. In about a week, Layla would be eighteen, and she would be forced out of the only home she had known, and away from the mother whom she loved, but had never truly loved her back.

Layla put her headphones on, deciding she didn't want to hear the murmurs of any of the ghosts that traveled near her, drawn by her powers, and exited the third-story apartment, lazily picking up a plain black umbrella as she went. She walked heavily down the stairs, ignoring the spirits as they waved at her and tried to get her attention, focusing on Land of Confusion, by Disturbed. She stepped out onto the street, still ignoring the ghosts as she walked down the sidewalk towards the dojo. Then, she stopped, compelled by something down the alleyway beside her apartment building. She looked down the dark ally, and her ice-blue eyes widened as a dark mist sprang up at her, covering her in darkness...

The next thing she knew, Layla was sitting on her butt in the middle of the maze with a bunch of other people, listening to Zeus' announcement. Her headphones had fallen off her ears and were now draped around her neck. She grit her teeth in anger behind her lips as she stood. Damn Gods. Why did they always have to mess with peoples' lives? She glanced around, assessing the situation as a few others broke off from the main group to explore the maze on their own, or in pairs. They had a good idea. It would be better if Layla went on by herself. She didn't want to be held back by anyone here.

Layla stood, and tucked her music player and headphones into the pocket of her trench coat, and then stashed her umbrella in her book bag. Who knows what might come in handy in here. Luckily, she had her water bottle and a few protein bars that she was intending on consuming during and after practice, so she had at least a small supply of food and water. She's ration it well. She had no idea how long she would be stuck here. Especially with that other voice telling them about the "modifications". Chances are, that meant danger. However... Something that might make even the gods bend to her will... That was quite intriguing. But that could be dealt with later.

All around her, other demi-gods were being eaten alive by the carnivorous hedges, teaming up, or running off in some random direction. Layla's sharp eyes scanned the many different paths, as she unsheathed her katana, holding it at her side, deciding where she would go.

bamieb's Wife

Alien Unicorn

XXxx
User ImageUser Image
XXXX
User Image
☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪☪

Anton gave Draikyn a small smile. He knew exactly what the younger man was feeling. He wished.. he had gotten something more than what had happened this morning. It was too elaborate to be a prank though. He turned his gaze to see others freaking out, a few walking into the maze, a couple more disappearing into the hedges. Man eating hedges. Yep, all his fantasy books were coming to life. Maybe.. They would help. It was pretty close to be prepared. He nodded at Draikyn when he took his hand. He cocked his head , and rubbed his Chin. Apollo.. Apollo. He read enough, that putting famous sculpting of the god in his minds eye was easy. “If this is real, which at the moment we have to believe it is.. That’s a pretty cool father to have.” He voiced with a small smile. “if it’s to believed I am a Demi god… I am apparently the son of one Chronos.. God of time.” He said. A small smile came to his face at the thought. He was a nerd.. and he had just realized…. His father was a real time lord. HE was part TIME LORD. A small chuckle passed his lips, before he could stop it.

His gaze slid from that of Draikyn to a young lady that had joined them. He merely studied her for a few seconds, deciding on if to intrude her with his voice in her head. He paused, and shrugged. More the merrier right? “ if that is what you wish. I have no issues with it. Draikyn?” he asked, his bright greens sliding from her own golden, to that of Draikyn once more. He shifted his bag, and adjusted the staff , that his mother had given him last second ,upon his back a little. “as for what lies ahead. We know at least one thing about the maze. The hedges eat people. I have a feeling that man eating hedges are the least of our fears.. if it’s true.. you know about the “edits” that were made to the maze. “ he turned his gaze to their newcomer. “ I think… we should get a move on. Maze isn’t going to solve itself. My name is Anton. Pleasure to meet you.” He said holding out his hand to her. Being polite was a good thing. Especially since he could sense her temper right behind her pretty eyes. “Also sorry about the talking in the mind, its quickest, and I’m mute so I don’t really have a choice.”

He looked into the maze, now or never. He turned, and began to walk further into the maze, coming to its first choice of directions. He turned looking down both ways.. Nothing to be seen yet, just whistling wind and silence. The sound of the crown outside the maze had grown to a very faint buzz. The maze ate the sound nearly completely, he knew the further in, it would be dead silent. He looked over his shoulder at the girl and the boy. “you all coming?” he asked, turning left, and began to slowly make his way down that path.

where: in maze. with whom: Draikyn and Iris. thoughts: strangely calm and feeling brave and adventurous.

DJ Hope 1990

Marion-san

Nimble Faun

14,825 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
User Image
If you can find the time To give your love to me
I will wait for you If that's all you need -If you can find the time
I'll wait for youBut if you can't find the timeThen cut me loose
Cause I don't have the time And I don't have the patience
What do you take me for? Why am I still waiting? Cause while you decide.
I'm stuck here suffocating. Cause if you can't find the time
My bleeding heart won't make it

░░░░░░░Iris Lilian Jace░░░░░░░
░░░░░░Athena's Daughter░░░░░░

She had steadily making her self prepared for weird as soon as she was kidnapped by insubstantial fog, however - it still managed to catch her by surprised when a gentle male voice answered her IN her head. She blinked, startled though her face did not take on an expression of such other then the rapid blinking. A slender hand went up to her head, worriedly. Oh dear lord, she really was going crazy.

But then the white haired boy addressed the blue haired boy as the name "Draikyn" crossed her mind. She couldn't have dreamed up such a name. She'd test it out later, for now, she'd continue to try and blink so she didn't stare rudely in her surprise. The white hair boy continued 'talking' in her head and Iris fought off a frustrated moan. She couldn't tell if she was crazy or not. Maybe she'd wake up in a hospital.

"AS for what lies ahead. We know at least one thing about the maze. The hedges eat people. I have a feeling that mean eating hedges are the least of our fears.... if it's true... you know about the 'edits' that were made to the maze." His eyes turned back to her, which she noticed looked like emeralds. Deep green emeralds by they seem to sparkle - and lack the dullness of something lab created. Then again... they were eyes and not gemstones so of course they weren't lab created. However - she had to disagree. Man eating hedges were very much a concern for the girl who had remained silent thus far after the mental talking welcome to the little group. It meant she either had a very violent psyche or there were legitimately man eating bushes in the world. Either way, it was simply not okay. As for the edits... her mind brushed on all the Greek mythology she'd been fascinated with over her years growing up, and she closed her golden orbs for a split second. Dear lord... let none of that be in there...

The voice quipped up again while the boy extended his hand. Apparently - his name was Anton. She extended her own slender hand towards Anton and shook it, smiling a bit when suddenly, an apology came into her mind about him using her brain to speak.

So he was a mute. And it was the only way. That figures. Either her psyche was also very cruel as well as violent, or there was actually a boy who was mute who could talk into peoples minds with his. Fantastic. Still though... As the initial shock wore off, Iris found herself not minding. "I am Iris. It's fine... as long as I'm not simply imagining it." She said, giving a small little smile, though internally she was chastising herself. IRIS! Don't introduce yourself to your possible delusions. It all went down from there! Then again, the hand in hers felt real enough, and she looked at it just to be sure. No... it was solid. She couldn't help but be a bit relieved... he wouldn't feel so real if he was a figment of her imagination right? When the boy let go she turned and followed him with her eyes as he walked towards a path in the maze, before pausing and looking over at Iris and Draikyn, and asked if they were coming.

Iris turned towards Draikyn and gave a small smile - attempting to be friendly. God she was so socially awkward.

"I think so. It's nice to meet you Draikyn." She told the blue haired boy. Remarkably she was not affected by him, as long as he didn't think his thoughts into her head too - she'd be fine. Then again, she'd strive to be fine even if he did. He had a bow and arrow - it seemed legit enough. Now she wished she'd grabbed something from something before she was taken .
"Come on, he might leave without us if we don't hurry." She said to the blue haired boy, shrugging and strolling after him, catching up easily.

"And so the lambs went into the lions den - eyes faced forward." She muttered unhappily as her fiery eyes looked ahead. There was nothing more creepy then a labyrinth. A silent, dark labyrinth with man eating hedges.

∞Communication Σ Draikyn and Anton Π Feeling Σ Aggressive, frustrated, worried for her father. Π Location Σ The Maze Π∞

Fanatical Bibliophile

Ѧҽʂʆɣη Ȓɑҽ Ҭɑɣʆσɼ
☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☽ Daughter of Hypnos ☾.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆

User Image
                                      Each step carried her through the maze, farther and farther from the noisy people that were still trying to decide what to do back in the clearing. What they were waiting for, she didn’t know, and she didn’t rightly care, so long as she could find her own way through his monstrosity of a maze. She had Mr Turnaprass, and that’s all that mattered.

Eventually, her singing died down as she looked around, thoroughly confused. Her skirts swished around her short heeled boots and legs, protesting her sudden stop. Hadn’t she just come down this path? It looked awfully familiar, but she was sure she hadn’t doubled back. A right, then a left, then a right, then a left again… Sure the path curved a little, but it couldn’t have gone back again. She would have noticed that her path wasn’t as linear as it should have been. Or, at least, she thought she would have. But this section—the vines growing up over the dirty stone walls to the right, with the man eating hedge to the left—it looked so familiar! Coincidence?

She couldn’t say for sure, either way, but she was fairly confident in herself. She picked up her bear, adjusting his glasses as she studied him. “Am I losing my mind, Mr Turnaprass? This can’t be the same place… can it?” she asked him, tightening her grip around him. “Should I try going left again up there where it forks? Or keep with my pattern? What do you think?

She was so engaged in the conversation with her teddy bear that she barely spared a thought for what was around her, what could be waiting for her. It was dangerous to be in this place alone. Especially unarmed and without knowledge of what was here. It would prove her detriment, she would come to find. That overconfidence could be her undoing….

Pained, terrified screams erupted from her, echoing back through the maze, announcing that the creatures had descended on one of the demigods trapped in this place.

☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☾.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆
Life is something to do when you can't get to sleep.

I can be found: ≼ In the Maze ≽ xxxxxx I am with: ≼ No one at the moment. ≽
I am singing: ≼ Nothing ≽
≼≼OOC: Yep. Aeslyn is being attacked. If you choose to send her to me, and want to know what you will be facing, or something, leave me a note in a PM or the OOC! <3 ≽≽

Fanatical Bibliophile

Draikyn Elias Daringen

User Image
                                Apollo was a cool father to have? Draikyn wrinkled his nose, trying to remember anything about his so called father that he might have learned over the years in school, but nothing came to mind. It was easy to see that Draikyn lived for his music. Anything else was simply superfluous. But Chronos… chronic. Time. “I think a god of time would be a better father… He could make as much time as he wants with you, right? Or am I misunderstanding something… My father was never around. Even after my mother died… I was raised by my uncle. I don’t remember her. You think he would have stepped forward to do something, right?

He visibly jumped when a voice, an external voice this time, echoed in his ears. He even went as far as snatching an arrow from his quiver and stringing it before he realized that it was a human voice, and that human voice was female. He breathed a soft sigh, closing his eyes as he struggled to calm himself while his new ‘friend’, Anton, greeted the girl.

It took him a long minute to recover, but eventually, he turned and offered her a tiny smile, nodding in agreement to her joining their little group. But Anton’s continuing words sent shivers up his spine until he just couldn’t take it anymore. Man eating hedges as the worst of their fears. What was lying ahead of them? “We have to survive… There can’t… do you think…. Maybe it’s better to sit and wait… The herd of… whatever… might be thinned out if we wait long enough… right? Then we don’t… we won’t have to face….”

A scream cut through the air and he flinched, looking around frantically for its source. Finding nothing, he turned his frightened eyes back to the group as Iris introduced herself to him, echoing his name. He nodded courteously, swallowing hard, unable to get his voice to work properly as he turned, trying to get himself moving.

Maybe it was the scream that was setting him on a sharper edge than before. He kept the arrow in his hand, poised at the ready on her bow, practically running to keep up with the other two, his fearful blue eyes scanning around them, just waiting for something to jump out at them. “W-wait… A-Anton! Wait for us…

Something was going to eventually… he just knew it.

Hopefully the girl could use a weapon. Though… she didn’t… “You aren’t armed, Iris?” he asked, staring at her. “W-why? You didn’t have anything…” That must have been it. Both his violin and his bow and arrows had come with him here. Was it only because he had them on him when the fog arrived? But then why did Anton… why was he armed? “I was out practicing when the fog…” he said, looking pointedly at his ‘weapon’. “Anton, did you… did you know it was coming…? Do you know if we’ll survive?” he asked desperately, trying to keep calm, but failing miserably.

I can be found: < In the maze > xxxxxxxx I am with: < Anton & Iris >
                                <<OOC: XD He don't believe. Never has. >>

iAnzu

DJ Hope 1990

Dapper Streaker

"Into the Darkness they go,
the Wise and the Lovely."

User Image
gaia_nitemareleft Layla Cutler gaia_nitemareright
~Daughter of Hades~

Going with her gut, Layla chose a path, her back straight, her head high and resolute. She would not waver here. Besides, here, she could go all-out with her training. Her ice-blue eyes gleamed in anticipation at the thought as she gripped tightly to her katana.

She took a couple random turns, focusing on trying to head in a single direction, hoping that she was indeed heading towards the exit. Without being able to see the maze from a higher view, the going would be difficult. With the ravenous hedges, though, there wasn't much she could do about it. And she wouldn't risk cutting through, afraid that the hedges would - at the least - take her sword, if not retaliate completely against their attacker.

Then, just ahead, there came a panicked and pain-filled scream.

Her eyes narrowing, Layla charged forward, her sword at the ready as she came around the next corner. There, she found a small girl with silvery hair, playing tug-of-war with a band of knome-like creatures. The rope, however, being a teddy bear.

Layla stopped in her tracks and sighed in annoyance, running her free hand through her hair. Stupid. This was absolutely stupid. Clearly these creatures were rather low-level. Otherwise they would do more than steal the girl's teddy bear.

Her sword gleaming in the light, she stepped forward and pointed it at the knomes, her narrowed eyes cold, showing that she meant business. "Give it back, or you will die, creature."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff