Welcome to Gaia! ::

If your child could be genetically modified to be perfect, would you allow him/her to undergo treatment?

Absolutely not. 0.41304347826087 41.3% [ 19 ]
Yes, of course. 0.17391304347826 17.4% [ 8 ]
Maybe. 0.26086956521739 26.1% [ 12 ]
I don't know. 0.15217391304348 15.2% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 46 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 >

Romantic Wolf

12,250 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
He looked around and smelled the air. He grabbed some sand and held it to the air. "The wind is blowing in toward the forest. My natural instinct tells me there are probably some abandoned houses some where in there. They may still have food and other resources needed for our survival." Darius smiled to them. The saber tiger looked around the area and ran a head about a yard. "That place is too high for me to climb but from up there we can see in all directions for miles. So maybe you or your sister can climb up there and have a look see for us ya?" He asked wanting to help the kids.

User Image
                                  User Image

JULIET&&THE SIBSfillerfillerfillerfiller
          a man is not old until his r e g r e t sfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfiller
          take the place of d r e a m s.fillerfillerfillerfillerfiller

The wind was blowing toward the first, so there was shelter there...? That didn't match up for Basil. But Darius was probably right. There was bound to be somewhere for them in the forest, right? Following after Darius, Basil looked at the high place that the boy was referring to: an especially large tree whose top branches poked above its neighbors'. "Feeling up to a climb, Thyme?" the rat asked his sister softly, smiling encouragingly at her. He would have tried himself, but didn't want to leave Thyme down here alone with Darius, just in case Darius tried to kidnap her and use her as bait or something. Thyme nodded, then scurried up the tree.

She came back down a few minutes later. "There's a cottage up ahead," she explained. "We could go there. But I don't know if there's someone in it or not."

Romantic Wolf

12,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
"It is worth a try isn't it?" He asked and looked at the two children. "I wont let anything bad happen if some one lives there then we will move on until we find an empty house." He smiled to her. "You look tired though you sure she doesn't want a piggy back ride?" He asked the boy seeing as he answered last time.

User Image
                                  User Image

Basil nodded in agreement; the house was worth checking out. If it was occupied, they would leave. Simple as that. Hopefully. He was ready to move on, but their progress was stalled when Darius asked once again if Thyme wanted a piggy-back ride. Annoyed, Basil frowned and opened his mouth to reply. His sister beat him to it.

"Okay," she said to Darius with a wide smile, her voice barely above a whisper. Basil was a little taken aback. Thyme was generally more trusting than him, perhaps because of her childish innocence--although Basil and Thyme had both been witness to the fact that age and maturity were not as strongly correlated in the labs as they were in the outside world--but she appeared to be especially comfortable with Darius. They had only known him twenty minutes, maybe twenty-five. What did she already see in this kid that Basil couldn't? Before Basil could protest, Thyme stepped around to Darius's back and raised her arms in preparation.

Tipsy Explorer

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tipsy 100
User Image
As Ivan got closer to the cabin, three more new scents entered his nose, he knew it wasn't white coats. But he stopped for a second a little hesitant to approach the new scents, but then the thought that they might be more subjects entered him mind. So with that he continued walking, noticing two males, and a female who was obviously younger then him but not as young as she seemed, " Uh... can I help you all with something?" He asked ready to fight if necessary.

Kenji-Konan-Fujioka

Music P a r r o t

Familiar Dabbler

Before I do my first post can someone give me a quick rundown of whats happened so far? Thank you.
((EvilButCute_RP are we waiting on Awkward Yeti, or am I being terribly blind and missing something? sweatdrop ))

Romantic Wolf

12,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200
Darius looked at the other and smiled. "Yeah we want a place to stay." He smiled and looked at the two little ones while bending down so the mouse could jump up on his back. He looked the other up and down.

JudgeWalters's Waifu

Gracious Millionaire

11,125 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
RagWizard
((EvilButCute_RP are we waiting on Awkward Yeti, or am I being terribly blind and missing something? sweatdrop ))

(Yeah that's what I intended on doing anyway. But if Yeti takes too long I'll go ahead and postie.)

User Image
                                  User Image

Yet another experiment? This one was vaguely familiar, Basil thought. Though he would likely stick out anywhere he went, wouldn't he? Unlike Basil and Thyme whose only animalistic features were their tails and ears, this kid had the fur of whatever he had been fused with. Basil nodded in agreement with what Darius had said, although he wasn't so certain he and his sister would be staying at wherever this boy had come from, even if shelter was offered. Thyme, meanwhile, climbed onto Darius's back.

--

Juliet beamed and wrapped her arms around Damien, pulling him close. "Or how about tonight?" she suggested. They were hidden behind a tree, but, technically, they were still in the presence of company. "I want to have as much time as I need for this first lesson, to, uh... practice and stuff... and I promised Sanya I would return to her." After pausing a moment, Juliet added more seriously, "You really scared her back there, y'know. You may want to stop by at some point and apologize." Leaning in, Juliet claimed one last kiss, just something to tide her over until she saw him later. "Have fun with your sister, okay?" she said, then waved and headed back to the house.

Tipsy Explorer

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tipsy 100
User Image
Ivan nodded smiling, as he walked up to the group, " Well then you came to the right place." He said as he begun to walk towards the cabin, " My name is Ivan its nice to meet you all." He said, He was truly happy new people continued to show up it meant there family was getting bigger.

Kenji-Konan-Fujioka

Music P a r r o t

User Image
                                  User Image

The right place. Was there a right place for them? For what they were? Ivan seemed to think so, and it was apparently the cabin. Basil was surprised to find that Ivan wasn't alone; there were other experiments here, too. "I'm Basil," he introduced himself, surveying the area. He nodded absently toward Darius. "On his back is my sister, Thyme." Thyme smiled and waved, then wrapped her arms around Darius's neck again.

In the distance, Basil saw the most familiar face he had run into thus far: Juliet. She was walking toward the cabin, dressed in the kind of androgynous attire he had always imagined she would wear if she had the chance. A few steps later, Juliet spotted Basil. And she stopped. And she frowned. "You made it," she said. Her voice wasn't cold, but it wasn't exactly warm, either.

"That disappoint you?" Basil replied flatly.

Juliet shook her head. "I just didn't expect to see you again is all." She looked behind Basil to Thyme and her lips stretched into a small, yet genuine, smile. She waved "hello"; Thyme returned the gesture enthusiastically. "Are you joining us?" the crow asked, returning her attention to Basil. The smile had already evaporated.

"Not for very long."

"You're welcome to stay as long as you'd like."

Basil laughed humorlessly. "Funny, that's not what your eyes say."

Juliet fell silent and averted her gaze to her feet. She could have said something else, maybe, that reminded him of why she felt uncomfortable with him around, but the conversation was over. And, besides, they both knew what the problem was. They had different ideals. Basil cared about himself and his sister--the latter especially--and he was willing to do anything to secure his and her futures. Juliet, meanwhile, considered all of the experiments to be her family, perhaps now more than ever. Basil would throw the whole cabin under the bus if it meant his sister was safe, but for Juliet, no plan was sufficient unless it involved everyone getting out alive. Finally meeting Basil's eyes again, Juliet said, "Make yourselves at home, Basil, Thyme," and then went inside to see Sanya. "Hey, sweetie," she greeted the fair-haired girl. "How are you feeling?"

Basil, meanwhile, turned around and walked back over to Ivan and Darius. "How long have you guys been here?"

EvilButCute_RP

(Yeah that's what I intended on doing anyway. But if Yeti takes too long I'll go ahead and postie.)

((Perhaps we should get it moving and drag Awkward along with us until they return?))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff