Welcome to Gaia! ::

If your child could be genetically modified to be perfect, would you allow him/her to undergo treatment?

Absolutely not. 0.41304347826087 41.3% [ 19 ]
Yes, of course. 0.17391304347826 17.4% [ 8 ]
Maybe. 0.26086956521739 26.1% [ 12 ]
I don't know. 0.15217391304348 15.2% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 46 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 27 28 29 > >>

User Image

SUBSTANDARDg e n e sfillerfillerfiller
              A NxxE X P E R I M E N TxxR O L E P L A Yfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfill

Many years ago, there was a fad where families would send their 'imperfect' children to a testing facility in the middle of the Colorado mountains to be turned into something absolutely extraordinary. However, when officials found out that this definition of extraoridinary involved being grafted with animal DNA, and that the kids were also treated badly and kept in cages, the experiments were shut down and banned. Did that stop the scientists? Nope.

Some parents allowed their children to remain at the labs in hopes that their dreams of having the perfect offspring would come true; others were told that their kid had passed away, when in reality they were still being used for testing purposes. So now, over a decade later, the children are stuck at the testing facilities. And they're fed up. Friends of theirs have died, they themselves have been through torture, and now they're going to fight back and get out.

User Image

- Why yes, I do like Maximum Ride. Thank you for asking. ;)
                              - Romance is allowed and encouraged, but absolutely no cybering.
                              - Drama and violence are also encouraged. Don't get too gory.
                              - This RP is semi-lit, meaning all I want is a paragraph. No less, not much more.
                              - So let's say... three paragraphs are the max, unless more is necessary.
                              - No autohitting or godmodding. Keep things PG-13 at the most.
                              - Send profiles to me with the title of the RP as the subject.
                              - Swearing is permitted, just not every other word.
                              - Do not use ** for actions. Do your best with grammar and spelling.
                              - I want original characters! No one should have the same personality.
                              - Let's also try to have a diverse selection of animals, too.
                              - Anime pictures only, please. And choose some nice ones.
                              - Be dedicated and notify me or the thread if you will be gone for a while or are leaving.
                              - Respect your fellow roleplayers. Make friends, not enemies.
                              - You may have more than one character if you can handle it.
                              - Don't hesitate to ask me questions. Have fun!

User Image

JULIET

User Image

- ( seventeen ) years old.
                              - grafted with ( crow ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( adoptive muscle memory, eidetic memory )
                              - played by ( Music P a r r o t )

JAMES

User Image

- ( Eighteen ) years old.
                              - grafted with ( Tiger Shark ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( Razor sharp teeth, Enhanced touch )
                              - played by ( Amara Colt )

RUNE

User Image

- ( fourteen ) years old.
                              - grafted with ( wolf ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( enhanced senses and speed )
                              - played by ( awkward yeti )

SANYA ELIANA BLAIR

User Image

- grafted with ( arctic fox ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( the ability to alter the temperature in the air and sometimes make things freeze over. Her secondary power is ironic considering she's mute. She can manipulate sound waves to disorientate up to three targets at one time. )
                              - played by ( EvilButCute_Rp )

ELIZABETH (IZZY)

User Image

- ( fifteen ) years old.
                              - grafted with ( little egret / bird ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( the ability to feel how others are feeling, both emotionally and physically. I feel their pain, their sadness. It's a curse if ya ask me. I can also fly but that's a given, Other then that I can remember anything I read )
                              - played by ( EvilButCute_RP )

IVAN

User Image

- ( Sixteen ) years old.
                              - grafted with ( Lion ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( Enhanced Reflexe's, and can see in the dark )
                              - played by ( Everheart25 )

AURORA

User Image

- grafted with ( Snow leopard ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( Enhanced agility,flexibility and strength )
                              - played by ( JessaXxXx )

RUCHIA

User Image

- ( Fourteen ) years old.
                              - grafted with ( Squirrel DNA how useless is that! SQUIRREL Fox squirrel to be exact )
                              - i now also have ( One: She can conduct electricity and normally use it in small bursts. But if she builds it up over time she can let it out in one big burst that can knock out electricity.
                              Her second ability well it's more of a trait, she can climb stuff easily and hide in small places. She think's it's useless )

NNY

User Image

- ( sixteen ) years old.
                              - grafted with ( Bull ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( Amazing strength and everlasting endurance )
                              - played by ( Godlyish )

SIEGFRIED "SIG" ST. CLAIRE

User Image

- (Eighteen) years old.
                              - grafted with ( Mantis Shrimp ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( Enhanced senses (especially speed and sight) and increased bone density)
                              - played by ( -l- Charon -l- )

SIBA RAY

User Image

- grafted with (Giant golden-crowned flying fox (Bat)) DNA
                              - i now also have ( Night Vision and Heightened senses. )
                              - played by ( Sedated Whispers )

DAMIEN UNBORN

User Image

- ( 16 ) years old.
                              - grafted with (Alpha Wolverine) DNA
                              - i now also have (Razor sharp claws and extreme heightened senses.)
                              - played by (emoking2012 )

ABIGAIL ROZEN

User Image

- ( eighteen ) years old.
                              - grafted with ( black panther ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( very agile & sharp claw-like nails )
                              - played by ( 010sweet-sacrifice010)

JI 지 / WISDOM

User Image

- ( Fifteen, and a half ) years old.
                              - grafted with ( Ragdoll cat--in other words she likes to be in peoples lap and be petted ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( She can extend her nails into claws and she can comfort those around her. She's unsure how this works but just being around her is very calming no matter how she herself feels at the moment. These aren't abilities but she has cat tail and ears. )

KASAI YORU

User Image

- grafted with ( red fox ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( super hearing and very fast and excellent sense of smell )
                              - played by ( carlycow10 )

SNOW

User Image

- (Eighteen ) years old.
                              - grafted with (Polar Bear) DNA
                              - i now also have (Immense strength and resistence to cold temperatures)
                              - played by (RagWizard)

SAM UNBORN

User Image

- ( Just turned 14) years old.
                              - grafted with ( Albino Ferret ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( the ability to climb very well. And can change halfway into the animal to fit into extremely tiny spaces )
                              - played by ( Emoking 2012)

DARIUS

Picture coming soon.

- ( sixteen ) years old.
                              - grafted with ( saber tooth tiger and bird ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( levitation )
                              - played by ( Kenjikonanfujioka )

KANATA

User Image

- grafted with ( Possum DNA ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( LTNF (Lethal Toxin-Neutralizing Factor) Meaning poisons venoms and toxins can't kill him. A toxin in his body neutralizes it.The way this works is just as it sounds: Once venom is detected within His body by the protein, it actively seeks it out and sets to work neutralizing it. Amazingly, he is not only granted immunity to local snakes, but also to snakes on other continents with which it has never had contact.
                              Despite being a Possum his sight is actually amazing. He can see much further then most and he can also see at night.)
                              - played by ( Everheart25 )

HANA LUNDENBERG

User Image

- ( Seventeen (17) ) years old.
                              - grafted with ( Stingray ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( Water manipulation and slight psychic ability.)
                              - played by ( JeiZoe )

ZOE BANKS

User Image

- ( Fourteen) years old.
                              - grafted with ( Bottlenose dolphin ) DNA
                              - i now also have (Echolocation and she can breathe under water)
                              - played by (RoseFlower52)

BASIL

User Image

- grafted with ( rat ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( the ability to gnaw through anything softer than my teeth and to jump very high )

THYME

User Image

- ( fourteen ) years old.
                              - grafted with ( mouse ) DNA
                              - i now also have ( enhanced flexibility and climbing skills )

User Image

[size=14][b]NAME that your character has chosen for her/himself[/b][/size]

[IMG]100 X 100 ICON OF CHARACTER HERE--ANIME![/IMG]

- [b]([/b] AGE 14-18, spelled out [b])[/b] years old.
                              - grafted with [b]([/b] ANIMAL whose DNA he/she was grafted with [b])[/b] DNA
                              - i now also have [b]([/b] ONE OR TWO MINOR POWER(S) [b])[/b]
                              - played by [b]([/b] USERNAME [b])[/b]

User Image

There is one room where the teens are kept. Cages line the walls; a few of the smallers ones are on large shelves to create extra space. As for the location of the facility, it is still somewhere in Colorado, nestled between a few mountains. There is a city nearby, but far enough away that the labs are still isolated.

This is the opportunity the experiments have been waiting for! Something went awry in the facility, and now all the scientists are distracted with an event happening in another room. There are sirens going off, people yelling... Time to get out of this hellhole.

12/30: The experiments have escaped the lab. For newcomers, feel free to say that your character joined them, have just escaped the lab, or have been wandering free on their own.

User Image

User Image

JULIET☾APULETfillerfillerfillerfiller
          a man is not old until his r e g r e t sfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfiller
          take the place of d r e a m s.fillerfillerfillerfillerfiller

Sirens everywhere, blaring, screeching, splashing deep red lights on the walls and making the room seem even darker than usual. And the scientists, rushing about and yelling. Yes, something was wrong, definitely wrong. But this was still the best opportunity for escape Juliet had ever seen. She wasn't sure what was causing this mess or if it concerned her and the other experiments, she only knew that they needed to get out while they could. This was as good a time as any. So as soon as the last frantic scientist left to investigate the cause of the chaos, Juliet got to work on opening her cage.

Damn, she wish she had a hairpin or something. All any of the children in the labs had were their standard medical gowns, and those were, surprisingly enough, useless in pretty much every situation. Hardly effective clothing. Juliet summoned every piece of knowledge she had been fed during experiments to test her powers: punches, kicks, ways to get out... Yeah, that hadn't given her that last one, so she would have to improvise. Kicks would work. She start bashing at the door on her cage mercilessly, pound, pound, pound, until...

Oh God. Oh--it was open! The kicking had worked! Juliet suddenly became thankful for the rigorous excercise and fight training they had put her through. As the girl with adoptive muscle memory, the scientists liked to see what all she could learn, and, well. One of those things happened to be very handy. Grinning more than she probably should have, Juliet darted for one of the counters, grabbed the nearest small, point object she could find (in this case a needle), and immediately got to work on the other cages.

Lonely Mage

11,975 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
User Image
Rune
[it's nothing-- just a wolf].

[I was looking for something
Anything at all
Something to believe in
Spray-painted on the walls
I've made mistakes, yeah
I've paid for them too
What's a poor boy supposed to do]

Health ↴
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ 100%
]

Rune had been sleeping. He did that a lot lately. What was lately? He wasn't even sure anymore. Was it a few hours? Minutes? Days? He'd lost track. Curled up in his cage, his left hand rested protectively over his head, which was wrapped in a thick bandage, the cause of his recent troubles. A nice bang to the head after some fit with the doctors had left him in a memory-locked stupor. One of the other kids told him that he called himself 'Rune', on account of some old norse story that a nurse had told him as a child. That was all they could really tell him though. Apparently 'Rune' had been secretive about whoever he had been. At least a name was something. Locked up all the time, you needed something to keep an identity and sense of self, even if it was just a word.

A noise startled him out of his sleep. Rune covered his ears and squeezed his eyes shut, crying out. It hurt. What had they told him-? Oh yeah, his senses were higher than others. He grit his teeth, trying to block out the awful racket. Something else was making noise now. The sound of metal being pounded on. Rune opened a single eye, peering out. Juliet. That was her name. She'd been the one who'd reminded him of his own. What was she doing? What would kicking do? Surely the bars were meant to hold them. Somehow though, she managed to bust free. Rune slowly lowered his hands, only his narrowed gaze indicating the continued discomfort from the sirens. "Jules, how the hell did you manage that?" he asked, gripping a bar, "Lend a fellow a hand?" Southern. His voice was southern sounding, they'd said. Hearing himself speak, it sounded odd in his own ears.
          User Image

Rune's question was definitely warranted: how the hell had she gotten out of her cage merely by kicking? Weren't these metal boxes meant to contain the experiments and their rebellious attempts to escape? Juliet decided not to overthink it. She didn't have the time. And, anyway, the fact still remained: she was out. She was out of her cage and she wasn't going to stop until she was out of this nightmare of a facility, too.

Running over to Rune's prison, Juliet got to work on the lock. "Don't be jealous, Rune," she joked, feeling too excited and hopeful not to throw a few teasing punches where she could. "You can grow up to be strong like me some day. Maybe." She winked at him, then opened the cage door for him and made a signal for him to hurry out.

User Image

sorry im not ashamed of myself, you ugly son of a B!TCH
        ♔♔ OPHELIA

Something was wrong? Oh, Ophelia loved it when things went wrong. When the scientists misplaced test results, when they accidentally stabbed themselves with their needles, when they left doors open that should be shut. She loved their mistakes. Sirens meant a lot of mistakes - and that was even better news for her, and for her fellow inmates. Though she was hardly thinking about them. The door in front of her was what she was thinking about.

Her body slammed against the cage door - again, again, and again, but it didn't budge. She cursed under her breath, gritting her teeth as she threw her fragile body to it's metal once more. New cuts layered over her old ones as she clamored to the ground of her cell, those cuts being layered by new skin as she healed. And the sight of her mutated skin only angered her more. Soon Ophelia was screaming right along with the sirens in a rage that clouded her red, fevered eyes. But what was that through the cloud?

The teen stopped, then immediately grabbed the bars and rattled them around. "Juliet!! Over here, you crow, let me out!!" The metal clanking was drowned out by the alarms, but she pushed against them nonetheless. "Come ON!! There's not much time, guards will be here any minute!!"

Lonely Mage

11,975 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
User Image
Rune
[it's nothing-- just a wolf].

[I was looking for something
Anything at all
Something to believe in
Spray-painted on the walls
I've made mistakes, yeah
I've paid for them too
What's a poor boy supposed to do]

Health ↴
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ 100%
]

Rune grinned and moved back as Jules worked on the lock. He tilted his head, trying to listen for the approach of footsteps, but to no avail. The sirens were killing his hearing...and head for that matter. "Jealous? Curious more the like." he said, "And growing up don't seem like a good idea, unless they make these things bigger." he knocked on the top of the cage, waiting for her to finish. As soon as he heard the click, he was moving.

Stumbling out, he winced as he felt stiff muscles. He worked to rub out the kinks in his calfs and bent back to crack his back. Sniffing, he asked, "So what's the plan? I'm guessing you have one...or at least, someone does." He raised his nose to the air, thinking, "Sirens don't go off all willy nilly. Something triggered them. I doubt an accident. Something's set. Damn noise." he covered his ears again. Even with his ears covered, he heard Ophelia. "Oi, she's coming, Shakespeare." Shakespeare? Why had he just called her that. A page fluttered into his memory. A book. A character. Hamlet. Ophelia. What an unlucky name. "And they aren't coming, the guards I mean. I don't hear footsteps or smell them."

Sparkly Gatekeeper

____I may look calm now, but push my buttons. See what happens..____

James
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                      ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆

It was a start to another lovely morning. The sky was blue, and sun was shining, birds tweeted, and sang praise. It was such a glorious day. Yeah right! Instead the lovely smell of sterilizer and the blaring of some alarm had caused one of the few people sleeping to wake up. The room was darker then normal, at first the heavy sleep was disorganized. He couldn't figure out what the fuss was about, and would of just rolled back over and gone back to sleep. No reason to stay awake if he didn't have to, but a strange noise captured his attention. One of the cages was open, and to his surprise one of the so called special children was free without a doctor. Shifting he moved so that he was closer to the bars. Part of him wanted to tell the crazy girl, to get back into her cage before she was caught and they were all punished. The only thing that stopped him was a snide little voice that pointed out, that this could be the only chance any of them had to get out. Oh well even if they were caught, it was better then sleeping and being tested on.

With a shrug he allowed a feral like grin to appear on his lips. '' Supper time'' His lips pulled back and razor sharp teeth were exposed. Normally he wasn't stupid enough to try this. He had been shocked way too many times, but maybe just maybe this time it might work. With the sound of shredding metal, he began to devour the bars as if they were metal painted hot dogs. After most of the bars were gone, did he pause. Waiting for a single heart beat he finally poked his head out. Seeing no doctors or guards rushing to stop him he slid his way out of the cage. Standing up he stretched. It was so strange, if not for the alarms, and the impending doom he would of enjoyed a few minutes of freedom. Glancing around he saw that Juliet seemed to be helping Rune. While another female began to yell at her. Figuring it would be a good idea to help move things along. He made his way over to Ophelia. Just as Rune was finally released. '' How about you let go of the bars, I doubt you taste as good.''
                      He stated in a teasing tone. .

▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Mood: Unsure
                      Talking to: Ophelia
                      Doing: About to eat some bars.
                      Outfit: Med clothes.
User Image

sorry im not ashamed of myself, you ugly son of a B!TCH
        ♔♔ OPHELIA

Rune popped out of his cage with assistance from Jules that infuriated the reptilian girl, mostly because she was envious as hell to do the same. His snarky retort didn't help to soothe her excitement, either. "Shove it, Fido!! I can assure you my bite is worse than the Bard's! She knew there was no help in raging at the boy, but every time she looked down at the skin slowly creeping over wounds, she felt like screaming all over again. But when she heard his words behind the siren's call, it stunned her for a moment. She blinked, then bared her teeth once more. "You think it's a set up? Another goddamn trial??"

All this noise, all these flashing lights, all these new speculations being thrown at her, it was hard to keep anything straight in the heat of the moment. And then suddenly, a new face joined the picture. A pair of green eyes appeared before the cell door, looking down at her with amusement. James' teasing tone warned her to get away from the bars. For a second, she didn't understand... until she saw his teeth. Ophelia sneered, but stepped back, lifting her hands to say "it's all yours". And while he was working, she spoke back to Juliet and Rune. "Goddamn scientists. It'd be just like them to pull this kind of thing on us, too... But at the same time, what would they accomplish by it? They'd see how well we could use our DNA to escape? A test to judge how well we can break out of this place?" Her eyes flickered back between the pair in front of Rune's cell and the tiger shark in front of her own. "Well I say we ace one of their tests for once! Think about the semantics later, for now, I want to get as far away from lab coats and needles as I can!"
          User Image

Hearing Ophelia's pleas, Juliet started for her cage. But then someone else stepped in--James--and so the crow continued unlocking the other prisons. When she finished with the last box, she stood and looked at Rune. A plan. He was asking for a plan. And Juliet didn't have one. She was the brawn, not the brains; her training had always emphasized and exercised her physical abilities, not so much her psychological ones, except for, perhaps, where her memory was concerned. Rune seemed clever, however. He was already thinking about aspects of this situation Juliet wouldn't have considered until long after they had escaped. Or captured again and punished. "What do you think?" she asked the younger boy, watching him with anxious, yet still eyes. "What should we do?"

Ophelia's words mirrored Juliet's thoughts. She glanced briefly at the other girl and nodded. "I agree. I want to get out of here. If we leave and find out it was a test, we can't be treated any worse than we are now; but if we stay here and find out there was no evaluation..." Juliet drew in a deep breath and let it out slowly, hating the mere thought of missing this opportunity. "We'll hate ourselves."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff