Welcome to Gaia! ::

If your child could be genetically modified to be perfect, would you allow him/her to undergo treatment?

Absolutely not. 0.41304347826087 41.3% [ 19 ]
Yes, of course. 0.17391304347826 17.4% [ 8 ]
Maybe. 0.26086956521739 26.1% [ 12 ]
I don't know. 0.15217391304348 15.2% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 46 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27 28 29 > >>

Lonely Mage

11,975 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
User Image
Rune
[it's nothing-- just a wolf].

[I was looking for something
Anything at all
Something to believe in
Spray-painted on the walls
I've made mistakes, yeah
I've paid for them too
What's a poor boy supposed to do]

Health ↴
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ 100%
]

Fido? Rune made a face. Fido was the best dog insult she could come up with? He still couldn't believe that he had wolf DNA in him. That had been another thing they'd refreshed his memory on besides his name. Rune scratched the bandage on his head idly. "At least come up with something more clever than that." He pondered both his and her words for a moment, watching as James went and started to gnaw away at Shakespeare's cage. Jules was looking to him now, inquiring on a course of action. How the hell was he supposed to know? He didn't voice this. Instead, he covered his ears again, just enough so he could hear the others, but dampen the sirens. "Never said it was a trap...no, they wouldn't give us that opportunity. They're not that stupid. The environment and conditions can't be controlled well enough." he paused, "I agree that we should leave though. Though perhaps not in a way they would consider."

Rune looked up, pointing to a large ventilation shaft, "Can we crawl through that, you think? If we can find a way to reach it...and assuming it holds our weight, they'll have a hard time following us through there." he wasn't sure if Sharkboy would fit though in the shafts. "If nothing else, there is the door. Some'll have to lead the way though, someone who knows the halls better than I do now." Rune turned about, scanning the room for anything potentially useful. Nothing came to mind.

Sparkly Gatekeeper

____I may look calm now, but push my buttons. See what happens..____

James
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

User Image
                      ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆

There was no need to say anything. As soon as she gestured it was all his he grinned. Let the children bicker, at least if they were all caught no one would say he didn't help. Just like before he devoured the bars. While he knew most of the others might find the idea revolting. He was actually enjoying eating the bars.They tasted pretty good, maybe a little ketchup or salt and they would be even better. Whatever they did to him had made it were he was always hungry, and there was little to nothing he wouldn't eat. After he was sure the hole was more then big enough for the young female to get past. He held out his hand to her and slightly bowed. '' Mi'lady I do believe that is a stellar idea. I'm up for a fight, and a meal.''
                      a feral smirk spread across his lips, revealing his teeth. Wasn't like he hadn't taken a bite out of one of the scientist before.

Glancing at everyone it didn't take a rocket scientist to realize that they were up a creak without a paddle. '' We could always wing it...... no pun intended. '' He suggested suppressing a snicker. That was no help, hopefully maybe Rune could come up with something, but even then there was no telling if that would work. He had an idea, but knew better then to say it out loud plus he had forgotten that most likely the doctors had weapons, and sadly everyone currently in the room didn't. When Rune spoke he glanced towards where he had pointed. '' Ok well I don't know about ya'll, but I can't fit in that small of a hole, but maybe ya'll can go through, and I can find another way out. I don't have super hearing or anything like that, but I can feel vibrations. So I can kind of follow ya'll?'' For someone that hadn't been allowed near a beach his accent was clearly surfer. Glancing at everyone he waited to see what they would say.

▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆ ▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

Mood: Thinking
                      Talking to: Everyone
                      Doing: Waiting
                      Outfit: Med clothes.
          User Image

JULIET☾APULETfillerfillerfillerfiller
          a man is not old until his r e g r e t sfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfiller
          take the place of d r e a m s.fillerfillerfillerfillerfiller

Winging it. Funny. But Juliet wasn't laughing. She walked over to the vent, standing underneath it and looking up. It was too small for James--even the shark-hybrid himself had admitted this. For the rest of them, however, there was hope. "I can go first, whether through the vent or the halls," Juliet offered, glancing at Rune again. She grinned mischievously and tapped her head. "Perfect memory. Every inch I've seen of this hell hole, I know inside and out. I've never seen the exit to this place, but I think I can get us close." Juliet probably knew the facility's layout better than any of the other experiments, and possibly better than even the scientists.

"Those of us who can hold our own against the scientists--James and myself, mainly--should escape through the hallway," she suggested, addressing the entire room now. "Those of us who are smaller and whose strengths don't include fighting... well, the vent would be safest. That way, we won't overload the vents and everyone will have an equal chance of getting out alive." Okay, maybe close to equal. Equal-ish. But that was still something. "Rune, if I tap on the wall or hum or something as I walk, will you be able to hear and follow me to the exit?"

Lavish Disser

XXXXXXivy.
                            XXXXXX( 'CAUSE EVERYBODY DIGS A SWINGIN' CAT )

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was nothing short of a shock that Ivy hadn't drug herself out of the depths of unconsciousness the moment the sirens went off. But then, the sedatives that the guards had injected her with during her last "stunt" probably had something to do with it. Shaking off a medical-induced nap was no easy task, after all. But the scratch marks she'd manage to inflict on the scientist who'd handled her not hours before more than made up for the grogginess. Blurry amber eyes slowly pried themselves open as the noise finally forced the not-quite-human girl to join the land of the living. And who wouldn't want to be greeted with blaring sirens, yelling, and banging as soon as they opened their eyes?

"Wh—" Ivy shakily but hastily pushed herself up with her forearms, most of the fatigue shocked out of her small body (along with about 8 years off of her lifespan). Her vision was still trying to catch up wit her, though, so she had to squint to make out the figures standing around the room. The Scientists? ...No. No, she'd yet to see a scientist wear the medical gowns they'd all been stuck with. "'S goin' on?" her throat protested against talking so loudly so soon after waking, but Ivy could barely even hear her own self over the noise, so she didn't care all too much. She was more concerned about why everyone was up and out of their cages, anyway. Whatever was happening, it looked as though she'd woken up just in time.
User Image

sorry im not ashamed of myself, you ugly son of a B!TCH
        ♔♔ OPHELIA

Noise, lights, panic, AND Rune's annoying voice were not helping Ophelia's nerves. And the way he spoke so apathetically as he talked back to her? Not really helping either! The chameleon wasn't known for liking people in the first place, but Rune was another story entirely - they were mammals and reptiles, warm blooded and cold blooded, and even without the DNA difference she was sure he'd be a pain in her neck just the same. "I'm sorry, next time alarms are going off in my ears and I have a once-in-a-lifetime chance at escaping that is much more important than banter with you I'll be SURE to take a second to think of a better insult!" She snarled, then looked to James as he bit off the bars to her cage. As soon as the coast was clear, she threw herself out the opening. Her bones may not have been as cramped as some of fellow experiments - one of the only good points of her ridiculous flexibility was that it made living in her tiny cage bearable - but still, being able to actually move her arms made her face light up like a birthday cake. The girl stretched up as high as she could reach, feeling the blood coarse through her veins. But there wasn't that much time to celebrate. Jules spoke again, agreeing with her, and then James piped in with another agreement. She grinned wickedly. "Alright, so let's move!"

Rune spoke up again, suggesting the ventilation shaft as an unsuspicious route of escape. Ophelia furrowed her brow at the idea, but didn't have a chance to voice her opposition. James and Jules piped in their comments, James saying there was little chance he would fit but that he would follow along, and Juliet saying she'd lead the way through either venture, and that the fighters should go through the halls while those "whose strengths don't include fighting" tried the vents. The teen rolled her eyes. "Okay, first of all, how many experiments did you let out of their cages, sweetie? I'm assuming this plan includes all of them? That ventilation shaft was designed to hold air, not passengers, and if you add the weights of me, Rune, and everyone without muscles of steel together, it's still a lot of weight. That, and putting me anywhere near that flea-ridden beast is always a bad idea, but that's besides the point. Also, is splitting up really a good idea here, or are you suggesting we follow the ventilation shafts in the same hallways as you? You may have eidetic memory, but I doubt you've ever shimmied through the vents enough to remember their twists and turns, or where there is and is not an identical route to the main hallway. You can't risk it."

Then Ivy was there. And adding the presence of a new member to explain everything to, along with the confusion Ophelia added onto herself from her own rant, and she threw her hands in the air. "s**t's happening, Ivy, s**t's happening."

The girl turned back to the group. She blinked once, and remembered her train of thought. "I can get on the roof. I'll climb up a wall, use some vent entrances, squeeze through some cracks, I know how to get there, and once I'm up there I'll see which exit you all get through. Plus I can clear the perimeter of any guards I see that might block you. I don't need to be unnecessary baggage, and I work better alone."

Sparkly Gatekeeper

James

User Image

Glancing at Juliet he couldn't help, but to grin. Seems there was more to her then meets the eye. He knew all of them were special in some way, but he never payed attention on how. What she said made sense though. Explained a few things to. Though he wasn't about to make a comment about it. Every second that went by was another moment that his skin felt like it was crawling. The idea of going back to so called detention didn't thrill him either. Hearing a new voice he rolled his eyes. '' Finally sleeping beauty is awake. Now maybe she might join us in going to recess.''
                      He was close to just bolting and allowing things to happen as they would, but then again it wasn't fair, there was too many of them that weren't physically strong. So unfortunately he was forced to stay put. Either way things would go down as they went down.

Hearing Ophelia speak made him snicker. Something about her being so young, and having that big of an attitude always made him feel a bit better. At least she wasn't quiet like some of the others. '' So folks we are at an in-pass, we can either split up and hope that all goes well and everyone makes it out or we can go together and hope that by working together we can get out. Both have lots of pros and cons. I am ready for a fight, but while I might not be as smart as Rune I am pretty sure that even if we find the exits how are suppose to get out. I doubt they have normal locks on the doors.'' He was starting to wonder if he should of simply stayed in his cage at least he knew what to expect.

Mood: Thinking

JudgeWalters's Waifu

Gracious Millionaire

11,125 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
Sanya Eliana Blair
Seventeen
Arctic fox
Of Russian and English decent

I want to scream out, but everything get's stuck inside and nothing comes out

Sanya at first was scared to leave her cage, she held onto a tablet that had been given to her by a kind scientist so she could communicate with them when they asked her things. She crawled out of her cage her white dress sweeping past her knees. She looked around and walked towards where the other experiments were gathered. She bowed her head softly as if to say that she was there now. She hugged the tablet close to her chest quietly looking from one to the next.

She hadn't always been mute, when she was a baby before she went sent away to this place she laughed and giggled, played with the dog her father bought her. But that changed after her mother died. Her father sent her to this place and her body was altered. somehow in the process she lost the ability to speak. After weeks and months of screaming for her father her voice was lost to her.

She wasn't especially close with any of the other experiments, mostly because of her disability. She looked from side to side sure that any moment guards and the white coats would burst in and shove them back into their cages. She was scared of getting in trouble, afraid they would with-hold meals because of this. She was anxious and nervous and this showed on her face.

Life is a beautiful rainbow yet, right now all I see is the rain

User Image
Elizabeth (Izzy)
Fifteen
Avian-Little Egret
Of English American decent

I am a good enough person to forgive you
But not stupid enough to trust you again.

Izzy walked over to them, she had left her cage awhile before but she had stood off to the side just listening. She found herself standing beside a white haired girl with two different colored eyes. "Hetrocrhoma." She said softly reciting the term used for that type of natural genetic mutation. She smiled finding herself a bit interested with this.

She looked at the rest of the group, she could feel each individuals emotions, a rather tiresome ability. She sighed softly running a hand through her long brown hair that reached past her butt. She wondered what the rest of these kids could do, well that said she was a kid herself. She shifted her weight to her right and scanned the area carefully.

Be strong now
Because things will get better
It may be stormy now
But it can't rain forever.

Lonely Mage

11,975 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
User Image
Rune

Anything at all
Something to believe in
I've made mistakes, yeah
I've paid for them too

Health ↴
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ 100%
]

Rune fell silent, looking down at the floor at Ophilia's analysis. He didn't even protest at her calling hi 'sweetie' as if he were a mere child or pet to her. She was right. With all the others out, who knew how much weight the vents could take. Stupid. He wondered if he should have bothered speaking at all. Others were willing to try his plan, such as Jules with some additions, but was it the best course of action? He bit his lip, thinking. "I can hardly hear a damn thing with these sirens, but I know your steps. I can follow and lead through the shafts, assuming they go the same way as the halls...although...shafts for ventilation do have other dangers, don't they?"

Rune grimaced, thinking, still looking down at his feet. Ophilia's words still echoed in his head. What if his plan got them all killed? If they paced themselves in the shafts it might hold, but..."If you've a better suggestion, anyone, say it. Otherwise, we try this plan, or we all go through the halls together. Either way, we can't stay much longer. Once that alarm turns off, we've got minutes, if that.

Ooc, pardon mistakes. Typing this on my phone....was supposed to go to sleep lol...should do that now. Night!

JudgeWalters's Waifu

Gracious Millionaire

11,125 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
Sanya Eliana Blair
Seventeen
Arctic fox
Of Russian and English descent

Sanya thought for a moment before she walked over to Rune and tapped him on the shoulder before she started typing on her tablet. Once she was done she showed it to him. "I heard some of the white coats talking about cleaning out the access hatch to the waste system. It would be kind of gross or smelly but it could withstand our weight correct? Unfortunately I don't know where the tunnels lead out too.

She waited for him to read what was on the tablet before she took it back holding it against her chest again, her multi length hair falling in her face. She was barefoot so walking through such a gross place would be less than desired. She typed one again on her tablet. "I also do not know the location of the hatch."

(If this post is a no no just tell me))

Lavish Disser

XXXXXXivy.

Ivy pushed herself onto her bottom, ever so thankful that her body heat kept the metal of the cage floor warm, and looked gave the room a once-over. A fair few cage doors were open, and the ones that weren't seemed to belong to the 'inmates' that were still tuckered out, like she'd been moment before. Hm. Reaching forward, Ivy gave the metal bars of her door an experimental push. The bars swung open halfway with a dry squeak that was lost in the noise, and Ivy hummed in delight. If it wasn't for the fact that she was still in the process of gathering her wits, she might've whooped, but the adrenaline hadn't started pumping yet. Instead, the fair-haired girl slowly crawled out onto the concrete floor and stood to her full height (an unimpressive 5'3", but hey, she was still young).

Rolling her shoulders back, Ivy turned to face the small group animalistic humans that'd begun to gather. "I can see that, Ophelia." she murmured, holding her hands up as a sign of peace. The (slightly) older girl's words caught her off-guard, however. Getting to the roof? Clearing the perimeter of guards? What in th—...

Oh.

A jailbreak. Well, that explained everything. James' words reached her ears over the noise, drawing a small huff out of the young girl. "Well forgive me for being tranquilized, your highness. If I'd known that there was going to be an escape act, I would've tried to behave a bit better." Though she might've missed the smaller details while she was waking up, the small summary he gave was enough. The vents or an ambush. And then Rune weighed in. So the vents were his idea?

Ivy crossed her arms over her chest and looked at the vent Juliet was standing under. "I'm going to have to agree with whatever Ophelia said. A few of us who are younger and smaller might fit, but that's at the most. I don't think the vents are sturdy enough to carry many at once. So...the majority of us would have to take the hallways, with the stronger ones in the front and the weaker ones in the back, or in the vents." Because as frail as it was, a route was a route and shouldn't be thrown awake completely. Any way to freedom was a valid way. "Both ways have pros and cons, yes," she paused, inclining her head towards James. "but on the whole, I think an ambush would be our best bet for the majority. Even if we all couldn't escape, in the confusion, some of us could either slip by or barrel through. They can't possibly detain every last one of us." And as ideal as it would be, Ivy knew that not every single one of them would be able to escape. Cowardly as it was, she didn't want to be the one to say it.
          User Image

JULIET☾APULETfillerfillerfillerfiller
          a man is not old until his r e g r e t sfillerfillerfillerfillerfillerfiller
          take the place of d r e a m s.fillerfillerfillerfillerfiller

Talk, talk, talk. Juliet knew as well as anyone that planning was necessary to get out alive. If they all just split up and did their own things, no one would make it unscathed. But there was entirely too much talking going on right now. They were wasting time, and Juliet was afraid that the opportunity that had spurred this escape attempt would slip through their fingers. Juliet was growing anxious. Everytime someone opened his or her mouth, she listened, but gritted her teeth all the while. Alright, enough of the talking. Juliet had heard each person's contribution. If no one was going to make a decision, she was going to do it.

She approached the door, peeked through the window to make sure the coast was clear, and then opened the entrance wide. Turning back to the other experiments, she beckoned them through. "We're losing our chance. We need to leave. Now," she said. "Strongest in front and back." Juliet had caught a glimpse of Sanya's tablet and seen her proposal, but it was useless if they didn't know where the hatch was. If the scientists were distracted with whatever the hell was going on, then maybe keeping to deserted hallways would be enough. God, she hoped it would be. If not, Juliet would fight tooth and nail to give the experiments a chance to see daylight as free people.

JudgeWalters's Waifu

Gracious Millionaire

11,125 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
Elizabeth (Izzy)
Fifteen
Avian-Little Egret
Of European American descent

I am a good enough person to forgive you
But not stupid enough to trust you again.

Izzy thought over her options quickly and moved over to Juliet. "I'm going with this chick don't know about you guys." Izzy was rough around the edges with a not so attractive personality. "My ability's aren't combat orientated but I don't think I would be totally useless. If we run into any resistance and if I can read their emotions correctly that could give me some insight on how they plan to attack and from where. It'll also help in giving us the heads up. I'll feel them coming." She said pushing her hair out of her eyes. She then looked at Sanya. "I can tell your scared but I think you should go with that girl too. That is if your capable."

Be strong now
Because things will get better
It may be stormy now
But it can't rain forever.

User Image
Sanya Eliana Blair
Seventeen
Arctic fox
Of Russian and English descent

Sanya looked from Izzy to Juliet before she nodded, it would be a safe bet. The vents or the halls. Either one. She typed on her tablet and showed them. "If we run into problems, create some sort of noise and I can use that to confuse them. If it's concentrated enough it may make their ears bleed. Other then that I can make it really cold." She said walking over to Izzy and Juliet. She held her tablet close to her chest again and looked at the rest of the group bowing her head again.

She had made her decision. She was scared, and she didn't know what awaited them. But in order to survive sometimes you had to take risks. The scared expression from before was gone ad it had been replaced with tenacity and determination. Her one brown eye and one blue eye fixed on the door that led to the hall. She typed on her tablet. "I'm ready."

Life is a beautiful rainbow yet, right now all I see is the rain

Sparkly Gatekeeper

James

User Image

Everyone had different views on what to do, but sadly no one seemed ready to make a decision. Most likely because if this failed then that meant that who ever came up with the idea basically caused everyone false hope. Glancing at everyone he took a second to remember their faces. There was no telling what was going to happen, but at this moment at least everyone actually seemed to have some hope. Other wise they would of stayed in their cages. Still Ivy was right not everyone would make it, but He would rather go down trying. '' Well since you know they way you will lead and I will follow. I would rather be killed, then to see another person tortured in the name of science.''
                      He stated as he rolled his head along his shoulders and raised his hands. Cracking his knuckles, he walked across the room and stood by the door.

'' If you have some fighting experience please stand near the front of the line, to assist our gracious tour guide. If not stay closer to the back I promise not to bite. '' He tried to look like he wasn't worried, but it was hard, how many times had someone tried to escape. Thinking they could take on the doctors. Then never came back except in test tube, and data readings. He wouldn't step out of the room until everyone had past him. He was certain his height and build would help him if they were attacked from behind. He was six foot nine inches, and like his animal side was built almost of solid muscle. Surprisingly the two he didn't think would join were one of the first. Closing his eyes he took a deep breath. It was now or never. He really hoped everyone would make it out.

Mood: Ready

Lavish Disser

XXXXXXivy.

Amber eyes snapped to Juliet as the older woman made her way to the entrance, motioning for the rest of them to start moving. So they were going with the ambush, then? That was just fine with her. Ivy looked down at one of her hands and brought it up to eye-level, turning it so that the palm faced outwards. The sensation of her nails lengthening and sharpening into claws was still foreign, but she was slowly becoming more comfortable with it. The dull curve of her human fingernails were replaced with the sharp tips of her claws in less than ten seconds. She could certainly do some damage with them, but she wasn't sure if she was capable enough to be the first line of defense. It was unlikely, and Ivy wasn't feeling up to testing her capability at such a crucial moment. But she would keep near the front anyway, just in case.

Her gaze turned back to the door just in time to see Izzy and Sanya make their way to the front. Surprising, but not necessarily unexpected. The promise of freedom could make anyone snap to action. "I'm not exactly the strongest person here," she dusted the dirt off of her medical gown. "but I can probably help out in a fight. These things aren't just for scratching posts, after all." Ivy clasped her hands behind her back and ambled behind James, coming to a stop a little ways past him. "Let's get this show on the road." she mumbled, halfway forcing the pep into her voice. Her inner pessimist was having a field day, but there wasn't enough time to thoroughly voice every last concern and nagging thought. Best case scenario, they escape. Worst case scenario? They get thrown back into their cages, possibly too medicated to even remember their own names.

But hey, a brief moment of freedom was better than a lifetime of being locked in a cold, uncomfortable cage and knowing nothing but it and the feel of needles entering flesh.

Lonely Mage

11,975 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hero 100
User Image
Rune

Anything at all
Something to believe in
I've made mistakes, yeah
I've paid for them too

Health ↴
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ 100%
]

Rune's shoulders slumped. His confidence still wasn't exactly at a high point at the moment. Forgetting everything important about oneself did that to a guy. Someone was trying to get his attention. Rune looked over at the pale haired girl-- Sanya they'd said her name was. They'd also told him she was a mute now. He looked at the words she showed him, sniffing as he thought, "Well...it would hold, but I worry about how our systems would hold up against the bacteria." he said slowly, formulating his thought while he spoke, "We're used to a very clean environment. As 'subjects' we have to have a controlled environment in order to make sure that the results are accurate. Our immune systems might not be able to fight off all the stuff that's in the waste system." Rune gave Sanya a smile, "It was a good thought though. If we were in better shape, it would be a perfect idea."

Ivy made good points as well. Rune hunkered down a bit smaller, hands still pressed over his ears. In the end, it was decided they would stick together. Rune wasn't quite sure where he belonged with the group. The scientists seemed to think he had enhanced speed. They'd said nothing about strength, and his 4'11 height wasn't exactly begging for a fight. Rune flexed his fingers. He wished he had more abilities. Like claws, or a physical strength. It seemed he hadn't inherited anything useful from the wolves. What good were enhanced senses when their was too much noise around to even think clearly? No one seemed to want to be protected, even the more frail of the group. He felt shamed thinking that he'd even considered going inside the ring of protection. "I'll stay near the front. I can hopefully hear or smell them approaching." He'd learned most of the scientists scents by now. "Well? What are we waiting for? Lead the way, Jules." he said, staying somewhat close to her.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff